The Aetolian Confessionals

Comments

• I knew a guy on another IRE game who would get SUPER into the pregnancy RP that went on in public places. "OH MY GODS YOUR BABY IS ADORABLE CAN I HOLD IT PLEASE?!" Then, as soon as he got the towel/whatever it was that they were using as a baby token/proxy, whap. Right into the humgii it went.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

LinAmelasSetneAryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    To be fair, like half your city is knocked up.
    Aryanne
  • Moirean said:To be fair, like half your city is knocked up.
    My bad :(

LinAryanne
  • Moirean said:
    To be fair, like half your city is knocked up.
    Duiran, knocked up? Never! Maybe there was something to be said for old school Duiran, where the families just seemed to spawn. @forestwalkers I'm looking at you.

@toz brilliant. Humgii the lot of 'em I say.

@moirean like I said, not a shot at you, or anyone in particular. Hating on the general concept, not the people :P

Heh, not upset @Macian. I had lots of fine with my version, but I suspect it was a bit outside the norm.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Nah, they're past knocked up now.  Half of Duirnorian's population is under a year old.
    Aryanne
  • Never stopped anyone in Aetolia.
  • --Imma let you finish, but Sibatti had one of the best pregnancy RP of all time. OF ALL TIME!

(In contrast, 99% of it is awkward and uncomfortable when others did it.)
  • And typically ends in even more awkward and uncomfortable childbirth scenarios. Usually with lots of wailing and announcing to the city all the intimate details. 

Another confession:
    I'm totally judging your novice set up when I newb-alt. If I find brilliant ideas and I'm in a position to implement them, I'll totally steal it, because novice retention is good for the game. Aetolia is actually pretty good about this overall.
    imageimage
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    My confession:

Apparently it's weird that pregnancy RP doesn't bother me.
    MeskhenetAryanne
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Lin said:
    My confession:

Apparently it's weird that pregnancy RP doesn't bother me.
    I think it's already been established that you're a disturbed individual and you yourself have provided the proof on numerous accounts.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    LinArbrePeriluna
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I feel like, for the most part, I did mine as Arbre+being fat.  I'm naturally paranoid that I was annoying during it but I tried to judge her behavior off of my friend who was pregnant last year and still had a life.

That being said, most people's over-exaggerated RP of pregnancy bothers me too.  Getting pregnant does not instantly turn you into a female dog, nor does it mean you have constant moodswings - I actually remember my bipolar having IMPROVED while I was pregnant.
    Aryanne
  • I was a complete nutcase for my oldest daughter, but the other two pregnancies were pretty much me + waddling. That might have had something to do with the fact that I was ridiculously pregnant in the middle of summer and I hate being hot.
    imageimage
    I paid people credits to bring me food. And I peed in the Iron Epicurean's outhouse. TWICE. (my confession: Moi really didn't wash her hands). And Severn did stuffs I guess blah blah compassion blah waddling!

Actually Toz and Moi had some very sweet little quick moments, like when the baby kicked or when Moi thought she was ugly or when Toz wondered if the baby would make a good training dummy for the guild.

I had a lot of fun with it, and I really did kinda need it. As I said earlier in the thread, my best friend is preggers and she had a baby shower recently and that event really bummed me out about being an unmarried female at my age without kids, so it was nice to be able to RP out being all maternal for a bit to get the angst out. :P
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I was pretty embarrassed about Emelle getting pregnant on an OOC level, but I also felt like it was something really important to her character development, so I said "screw it."

I'm very self-conscious about my RP, and I have a hard time approaching people outside of my established circle. This is sort of a vicious cycle, because sometimes I try to do the latter and totally fail, which reinforces the former.

Sometimes I feel really slow at responding, but 90% of the time it's not because I'm distracted -- it's because I have to think really hard about my replies. I've finally gotten to the point with Emelle where playing her is so intuitive I don't have to think so much about her reactions, although I still think about wording a lot.

I have always sucked at alting, and I continue to suck at alting. Sometimes I get bored with Emelle and I try, but it always ends in failure. See also: Darragh Dayle. Sorry, @Edhain and @Kerryn, for completely bailing on RP arcs with you. :(

I go through really heavy swings in my level of enthrallment with Aetolia. Sometimes it's almost all I can think about and I'm really excited to log in, and then suddenly I'm bored and disinterested and I just sort of stop logging in. I can go from one extreme to the other very suddenly, and I have a bad habit of not really informing anyone what's happened. Sorry, generally, to anyone who cares. >>

Right now I'm still leaning heavily toward disinterested, but Omei's return has enticed me to start logging in periodically.
  • Emelle said:

I can go from one extreme to the other very suddenly, and I have a bad habit of not really informing anyone what's happened. Sorry, generally, to anyone who cares.

:(

(Your RP is fine, don't be self-conscious.)
    RivasMissariTeani
    Atrapoema said:
    I've lost interest in Aetolia again, and I have no idea what it would take to keep my attention these days. 
    :|
    Nola
  • Shhhhhhhhhhh.
    Some more random confessions:

I compartmentalize really heavily and I know I need to work on that. When I'm handling city business, for example, I just am like get info, get out and I can get frustrated/overwhelmed trying to handle emotes/RP while also taking notes/creating projects/sorting out ideas for things - as a result, I am pretty aware that this kills RP potential from interaction over city business and makes meetings with me pretty boring and mundane. It's something I really want to work on.

If I am tired or wanting some really solid RP interaction, I will find reasons to avoid people who approach me if they have badly-written descriptions. If there are typos, comma splices, fragmented sentences, I will suddenly get busy so I don't get drawn in with those people. I'm sorry, I know that's mean, but sometimes I am just too tired. :/

Alternatively, if I am feeling really energetic, I will try to get random new people to try out emotes and interactions and just get involved, like how I sent Etrigan to go guard Anfini. I get far too much pleasure out of setting up RP threads for other people to run off with.

I totally use a mental template when RPing stuff like novice introductions. Words may change but it's the exact same scenario. Sorry kids. I get burnt out if I try to be creative for every newb. I used to be really in-depth back in Sentinels, like I would RP out learning how to do morphs and everything, but that stuff wears me out lately and it's rare that newbies get in-depth stuff from me, which kinda makes me sad, but I don't really know how to solve it. Not enough time in the day. :(

I have a weird aversion to RPing with certain people. It's not anything against them, it's just that I've only ever interacted with them OOCly and then when I try to be IC it feels really awkward. 

I also get kinda weirded out some of the time when talking about a scene OOCly while it's going on. It can pull me out of it. I'm getting better about that, but I literally used to turn off all of my clans if I was emoting. I still usually quit webs. >_<

I idle in the council chambers or the commander's office when I want to make it look like I'm doing work. 

I idle in my wings when I actually AM doing work.

If I'm idling out of a city, I usually am trying to find interactions with random people. Or I just erected a shrine and forgot I was doing it.

I try not to idle very much and actually am rarely afk. I go news if I'm leaving for a significant amount of time - although putrefaction kills entering the news room, so sometimes I type news, forget I have it on, and come back 5 hours later and feel mortified.

I am so used to my custom wings that it's one of the default things I type before I start doing stuff after being alt tabbed. Even if I'm already sitting in my wings room. >_<

I love making projects. Tidiness!

I have a huge family backstory charted out for Moirean. Only Moirean knows it. And kinda Toz. 

I totally just make stuff up on the fly and pretend it's ALL INTENTIONAL AND CLEVERLY PLANNED OUT. Really, though, 75% of my play is just impulsive "THIS WOULD BE FUN/INTERESTING/DEADLY" and me seeing what happens.

I hate ending RP on a meh note and will often add an extra emote to myself to give things a better-paced ending. >_<
  • I enjoy yelling at/intimidating Carnifex recruits more than Toz does. If you actually are willing to take an RP loss and get scared, you gain major points. If you don't get scared, but do it convincingly, I'll probably earmark you to bug later too. The ones who drive me nuts are the ones who reply to my paragraph emote with a single say. I tend to just switch to says and get lazy for those too.

I wish there was more risk in Aetolia. I understand why there isn't, but I wish there was. It's hard to get invested into your character when you know at the end of the day you can log back in tomorrow and they'll still be there no matter what.

I play some characters because I want to. I play others because they tell me to.

I am never TOTALLY afk, but I am usually playing another game while I play Aetolia. And if I'm RPing, add solitaire on top of that.

I seriously love solitaire. Like, a lot. I like card games in general, but solitaire is almost always up on my computer.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

HavenMoireanBakhtuh
    Moirean said:

I also get kinda weirded out some of the time when talking about a scene OOCly while it's going on. It can pull me out of it. I'm getting better about that, but I literally used to turn off all of my clans if I was emoting. I still usually quit webs. >_<

I wish more people would do this. I don't think it's a bad thing at all.
    Aryanne
  • edited July 2013
    I sort of want to RP at times, but I feel like I'll be seen as an attention horcrux if I try to start it.

I also only have a vague sort of idea where I want to go with Vharen. And my desc is a sucky "I need one for novice reqs" one, and Moirean will judge me.

Moirean
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I feel boxed in lately. I'm bored out of my mind 75% of the time, but don't just want to quit. And when I log into alts, it's not much different. I just end up logging in at such weird times now that most people are afking or just aren't on. So, I idle and try games I bought on steam or go watch something on TV. Heck, one time I went and took a nap for a few hours and had no one try to bother me in that time. People tell me to get into PK, but I just can't keep up with the spam of text going by enough to do it. It's just not what makes me play these games - RP does. And when there is little RP to be had on a regular basis, things get dull. And when things get dull, I end up with a lack of motivation to do much of anything. I can't even get my creative juices going anymore to try to just create crap to do.

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Solaria said:
    I feel boxed in lately. I'm bored out of my mind 75% of the time, but don't just want to quit. And when I log into alts, it's not much different. I just end up logging in at such weird times now that most people are afking or just aren't on. So, I idle and try games I bought on steam or go watch something on TV. Heck, one time I went and took a nap for a few hours and had no one try to bother me in that time. People tell me to get into PK, but I just can't keep up with the spam of text going by enough to do it. It's just not what makes me play these games - RP does. And when there is little RP to be had on a regular basis, things get dull. And when things get dull, I end up with a lack of motivation to do much of anything. I can't even get my creative juices going anymore to try to just create crap to do.
    Hang around Moirean. You'll be getting so much rp you won't know what to do with it all.

My confession: I want to rp, but I'm just so bad at initiating it, and since I find bashing horribly boring and don't really have a system to use for pvp, I usually just end up forgetting I'm logged in and end up afk, or if I do remember I'm logged in, afk for a while, then logout.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    LinSolaria
  •  - I originally intended Bakhtuh to be a brawler; a hard-drinking, warhammer-swinging barbarian bat-person. This changed over time, due to events and interactions with folks, to make him a solemn, introspective, hesitant, dull-witted science-guy. 

- If I'm into a game, I have a tendency to alt a lot. And quit them all later because of burn-out. Trying hard not do that this time though I have some nice ideas written out for a couple of characters. 

- I usually have a strong idea about my characters in the form of a string of adjectives. As their story progresses, I add and subtract from it. 

- I smoke a lot when I'm RP-ing. 

- I don't play heroic characters (which is one of my excuses at not getting better at combat. Also it's too much work...) This results in my characters being subdued, hesitant, and makes me very conscious when I'm RP-ing. I have to keep reminding myself to not do anything...hero-like.  

- I news when I'm afk for an hour or so, when I'm making dinner or reading something. If I'm working on something while also playing Aet, I go ratting.  

- I hate bashing. 

- I always forget to log things. It has its benefits in creating a very real character who forgets things occasionally...but it also leads to a lot of awkward moments when someone goes all "Hey, what's up?" and I'm trying hard to remember if I've met them in the past. (If this has happened with anyone while I've been playing Bakhtuh, sorry!)

- I have a hard time getting a visual idea of a character just from their description. This isn't restricted to huge textwall descriptions either. I have to see them emote a lot before I get an image of what they look like.

- When I started playing IRE games, I would keep from LOOK-ing at people because I always thought they could see me look at them and would find that strange. While I know that's not true here, I often forget to look at descriptions when I'm RP-ing with people.
    For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,
    and we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    Every angel is terrifying.
    MoireanAarbrokInfin
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Solaria said:
    The answer is to start PKing!

:D
    Lin
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Ezalor said:
    Solaria said:
    The answer is to start PKing!

:D
    The world does not deserve my fail, sir. Do not ask me to do such a thing!

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited July 2013
    Confession- I purposely made Piper as confrontational as she was because I have a RL issue with constantly being passive. I wanted someone that could speak her mind and do whatever came up as a good idea (even if it's not) regardless of how embarrassed I am about it out of game. Because of this, Piper's quickly become my favorite character to RP even though she's not as strong or charismatic as some of my other characters can be.. and I'm totally okay with that.
    MoireanLinMinaraelHadoryu
    Anfini's background is horrible. Just bad. I've had his history/background hidden for a few years now. He originated as a grand, notorious fugitive from "Arcadia", secret home of the Atavians that apparently only he knew about. I've pulled every Mary Sue trick in the book while playing him, from godmoding my way out of a headlock from @Daskalos, to him suddenly and magically being able to play the violin because I thought it would be cool (no, he can't play violin now).

The entire thing's been retconned which is the real reason he won't talk a lot about his past.
    PiperMoireanHadoryu
    Other confession: So now I have a character who is supposed to be really intelligent in the Cabal, and although I feel like I'm finally getting the Cabalists this time, I'm feeling pretty outclassed in the Numerological RP.

It's usually phrasing. I never know how to express this madness!