The Aetolian Confessionals

Comments

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    to be fair we've had a long time to muck around with that bollocks.

Lin
  • I'm a girl.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Arbre said:
    @Jasline: I will kill you back to Minia if you suggest you're bad at RP again.
    Agreeing with this. The only way (and reason) I learned to use the whole combination emote/say system is to communicate with Jasline, as well as Arbre.

Tyrai
    Jasline
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Meyvitch said:
    I'm a girl.
    /narrow eyes
    /stare
    /stare even harder
    /stare harder yet
    AardeEmelleAryanneAngweAldricAarbrokKaleigh
  • Meyvitch said:
    I'm a girl.
    Confession: you remind me a lot of Sonneillon.
    LinMoireanPeriluna
  • Confession: I wondered why @meyvitch kept hitting on me.

/kidding

Tyrai
  • well helloooo there
  • Atrapoema, that's prob because I am.

Also, not trolling, really have boobs.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    QUIT THROWING MY WHOLE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN, @MEYVITCH!
  • edited July 2013
    @Meyvitch: Seems you have to lose the boobs now. We don't need an Upsidedownbre.

Edit: My confession - most of the time I don't even want to log on these days. Probably has something to do with the way I cope with most things in RL. I get close and then block myself off and push people away, except it's the game I'm pushing away. Idk... that's the only way I can really describe it.
  • Called it!
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Arbre makes me nervous, not a joke, she really does. 

I always feel like I should work really hard around her and not disappoint her for some reason, and to be honest @Kiyotan does the same thing to me in Duiran, I always feel like I should be doing more.

I have developed a different mindset with Aarbrok, after some interaction with @Angwe as well, in which I got a taste of how I had treated people for a while.  Kinda humbled me to make her a bit more, understanding.

Also, child RP....really freaking awkward, but fun.
    LinPiperTeani
    Aarbrok said:
    @Arbre makes me nervous, not a joke, she really does. 
    O.o
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited July 2013
    Not in a bad way, the character just intimidates me when it comes to RP, there are a few people that do that.  I am never sure how to go about interaction, because she is super nice and always helpful, but I am still intimidated by her cause I dont want to look like an ass.

Lin
  • Meyvitch said:
    I'm a girl.
    Well then.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    • Anfini's always depicted as wearing an eyepatch - hell, I draw him that way myself - but he hasn't actually worn one in like 50 IG years.
    • I've always wanted him to have a gorilla butler.
    • More importantly though, I really want a character to dress up as Harley Quinn and follow him around going "Can I get'cha anything, Doctah J?"
    BenedictoPeriluna
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I remember gorilla butler! WHERE'S MY COCKNEY MAN-SERVANT?!
    Lin
  • * I've been issued about 10 times for sexual harassment.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2013

^ Nine of those were by me.

;)

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Infin
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    edited September 2013
    * I have multiple alts I refuse to play because someone might remember them

*I get irritated, correction I get unicornsed off, when people ask me who my main is and refuse to believe it's Stathan.

*RP in general is amusing to me but after so long, call it half an hour, I get bored as the conversation usually starts to die or cycle itself (UNLESS: There is an event with multiple people there.)

*At times I can run the math for PK, affliction output, combos, etc, and determine how like I am to die when fighting someone and given how slow the buildup for monk is the answer is usually "Yep, I'mma die" so I avoid the fight/lesser/raid defense.

*Also related to the PK, I find it disturbing how Templars, Teradrim, Luminaries (as an example, I don't know how well other limb classes run, and I'm not counting lycans because they get insta breaks and howls/roars to keep their fight going) have a more viable limb route and faster* build up to do basically the same thing Monk/Daru do. Example, and feel free to blaze me for it, sparred Dato at the training grounds, he went affliction route in Lumi and I beat him. Next round he went limb route as Lumi and in 3 combos I basically spent the rest of the match on the ground with 4 broken limbs trying to slow him down with batter. I realize we have an instakill based on making our target prone, but that is also our ONLY viable instakill unless you are in a group. 

*I don't have faith in the Liaison system to fix imbalances in the game after seeing different changes go through that give already powerful classes great buffs and other classes (Carnifex in particular) get nerfed into uselessness, even in a bashing sense. 

*I feel, as a whole, the undead side of things, or shadow or dark or what ever you want to call it, are more welcoming in both an IC and OOC sense if you join up over the lifer side of things.

*There are people I go out of my way to avoid because of who they talk to and the general amount of drama that surrounds them.

*When I do manage to get a kill at a lesser, I'm prone to gloat and become over excited even if I did nothing but get a well timed combo or bbt.

*Final confession for the time being : If I had the credits, I would throw Stathan's storyline out the window and go undead without a second thought because it appears to be a more active side for open RP than Lifers.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Doesn't take credits to be undead and darkies can be monk. Just saying... >_>
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Moirean said:
    But, how would I pick up Carnifex or Indorani if I didn't have credits when I switched sides? <_<
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    90% of my login time I'm somewhere between buzzed and hammered oocly
    StathanArenDraiman
    Stathan said:
    Moirean said:
    But, how would I pick up Carnifex or Indorani if I didn't have credits when I switched sides? <_<
    I dunno about Indo, but Carnis don't require you actually LEARN the skills or even be in the Carni class (one result of having meh skills for years), as long as you RP out being a solider and stuff.
    Stathan
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Jensen said:
    90% of my login time I'm somewhere between buzzed and hammered oocly
    Aren't confessions supposed to be secrets?
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    StathanInfin
  • edited September 2013

Stathan said:

*Also related to the PK, I find it disturbing how Templars, Teradrim, Luminaries (as an example, I don't know how well other limb classes run, and I'm not counting lycans because they get insta breaks and howls/roars to keep their fight going) have a more viable limb route and faster* build up to do basically the same thing Monk/Daru do. Example, and feel free to blaze me for it, sparred Dato at the training grounds, he went affliction route in Lumi and I beat him. Next round he went limb route as Lumi and in 3 combos I basically spent the rest of the match on the ground with 4 broken limbs trying to slow him down with batter. I realize we have an instakill based on making our target prone, but that is also our ONLY viable instakill unless you are in a group. 

*I don't have faith in the Liaison system to fix imbalances in the game after seeing different changes go through that give already powerful classes great buffs and other classes (Carnifex in particular) get nerfed into uselessness, even in a bashing sense.
    In the spirit of the thread I'll keep this brief! But just to give some insight to the liaison process:

This round we only received a handful of reports for Tekura, mostly utility in nature (although cometkick received some attention), three minor reports for telepathy, and a single report for kaido - only addressing mana drains. While we'd love to give monks the upgrades we've been hearing they need, we're very reliant on people submitting these reports for suggestions - even if we don't agree with the suggestions, usually they all merit some amount of discussion and good things generally happen. The most recent round, we greatly raised the cap on reports that can be submitted, and liaisons as always have an unlimited number of reports. The very issues you're talking about her are exactly what this process is for! While we'lll occassionally make changes of our own accord, the vast majority of class changes are solved through the liaison process - the classes that seem overrepresented generally have just as many if not more reports than what they end up receiving. In short: we can't address the problems if we're not made aware of them.

While it may look like the Carnifex have suffered the most from the nerf bat, realistically the class has had poor synergy from the start - removing some of their tricks made these weaknesses all the more apparent. As mentioned in Razmael's previous update, they're looking at a dramatic number of improvements after this liaison round has finished: you can expect dozens of new and redesigned abilities to make them much more suitable for combat and for their role in general.

Back to your regularly scheduled confessions!
    Stathan
    My confession: I used my reports to submit like 10 reports both for Carnis and Indos....and one attempted nerf for monks. >_>
    Infin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I agree with @Stathan that you generally get more interesting RP when getting involved with the 'darkies', but I don't see a need to switch sides just to get some RP. Yeah yeah, I know, neutrality is dead, but damn it's much more interesting to actually interact with both sides. An acquaintance here, a respected enemy there, even something of a friend fiddling with the dark arts. There's always room for interaction no matter which side you're on.

My confessions:

- When I get bored in the game I run around looking for minor foci. Truth be told, I'd much rather be interrupted for some RP.
       - In the last five days, Teani has generated about 110k ylem from mostly minors. I've been plenty bored.

- I'm something of a traditionalist. I don't like when people try to modernize things in the game too much and some suggestions that go through the crafting queue makes me want to *head to wall*.

- Combat spam makes me feel like I lose control over everything, so I try to color things that I want to make sure I catch to bring some order to the total chaos. It's not always working so well, but I try!

- Walls-of-texts are scary things. I want to read it so I know I don't miss anything, but unless it's a really good book I'm reading, I'm terrible at focusing on large blocks of text for too long.
       - Consequently, I generally write very short and concise descriptions.
          - This is especially true when it comes to crafting (unless it's a specific order).
          - If I'm in the mood, I -can- write long texts, but I try to simplify rather than being overly elaborate.

- I dislike (that's an understatement) the lack of respect and awe some people show towards the Divine ICly. Even if your character has a dispute with one of the Divine it does not mean that you should treat them as you would any other mortal character. They're supposed to be above the rest. Show respect, begrudgingly or perhaps somewhat defiantly, but keep it real.
       - I get very self-conscious whenever a Divine decides to RP with me. I have since I started playing this game and even though I knew one of the players, I'd freeze up and tremble even when that person's Divine character interacted with mine. It's both from nerves and excitement, cause I want to do well so they come back and RP more. Mainly all such interaction is pure awesome.

I think that's all for now.

MoireanStathanArekaXenia
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Teani said:
    - I dislike (that's an understatement) the lack of respect and awe some people show towards the Divine ICly. Even if your character has a dispute with one of the Divine it does not mean that you should treat them as you would any other mortal character. They're supposed to be above the rest. Show respect, begrudgingly or perhaps somewhat defiantly, but keep it real.
    Some mortals honestly believe that the line between a petty, squalling God and your average fairly powerful mortal is ridiculously fine. It's perfectly in-character for some people to not respect the Godlings.

IvolnDraimanErzsebet
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    edited September 2013
    It's not as if we're entirely idealized entities in the lore. We may be ludicrously powerful, but look no further than @Maghak's fondness of mortal fashions or the very real mortal insecurities exhibited by @Iosyne or @Omei. As characters, we are as open to interpretation as anyone else, and personally I'm glad that mortal characters don't always fall into the tired old bowing-and-scraping routine. Naturally, Ivoln is exempt to this concept, being entirely without flaws.
    SlypheHavenInfin