Quotes & Misquotes: Falling Off of Bridges

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    "Clearly!" Ferrik picks up, sniffing as he puffs out his chest and produces some spectacles from his coat's pocket. "...there might be some err.. incubinational.. period going on. Y'know." he vaguely indicates Cannan.

Slowly donning his amusing eyeball spectacles, Ferrik says, "...and it will slowly... egg us all on."

Ferrik puts on amusing eyeball spectacles.
    SetneOmeiTeaniEmelleCannan
  • Hissing, Juxa Steelhew, the Vagrant Queen says, "You will kneel, or you will die."

Aishia summons forth an ancestral spirit to harrow Juxa Steelhew, the Vagrant Queen, whose eyes widen in abject terror as she attempts to flee.
    The Vagrant Queen sets her sights to the south, departing with swift and deliberate steps.

TozHadoryu
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    ...That was kinda lame. Wtg aish.

TozOmei
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    There is literally no way we can stop players doing that to our event mobs. To be honest, it is more than 'kinda' lame, and when a player decides to deliberately derail an event rather than committing to it, it really sours the whole experience for the admin involved. We were already dealing as best we could with a monument bug and having people actively sabotaging things was not helpful.
    DamarielHavenOmei
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Maghak said:
    There is literally no way we can stop players doing that to our event mobs. To be honest, it is more than 'kinda' lame, and when a player decides to deliberately derail an event rather than committing to it, it really sours the whole experience for the admin involved. We were already dealing as best we could with a monument bug and having people actively sabotaging things was not helpful.
    I don't know what happened before or after that quote but I can see how annoying that'd be from a mechanical standpoint. From a storyboard point of view though, I'm not sure how that'd be considered lame. That's a legitimate reaction to someone claiming prowess. Players mock people claiming prowess all the time (you need only shoutson to see it). An emote might have been better for the situation but you know PK = RP too. That said, forgive my ignorance but, why not just roll with it and incorporate that as part of the event and story? Give a consequence to Aishia's actions. Maybe not right then and there if there's a time constraint but a brief "You and your kind will pay for this insolence!" should suffice until a proper reaction can be made later.

[COUNCIL LEADERS]
    Ranger of the Heartwood (Security Minister): Aishia

"Amg, the Duiran Council has attacked our queen! PROTECT THE QUEEN! THIS MEANS WAR!" If anything, it might cause Duiran to scramble their ambassador to try and settle the conflict peacefully or something. Or maybe they endorse it. Either way a new and potentially fun dynamic is created off of Aishia's actions. Duiran citizens could be considered hostiles in the area from now on or something (with maybe a special quest or side event to settle things.). I dunno. In any case, it'd lend further credit to the idea that Aetolia's a living and breathing world when events occur and not just a relatively static script.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Erzsebet
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    My post is specifically referring to using a fear effect on an event mobile during an event, for no actual benefit for any party, as an OOC action. ICly, it was of course taken into account and will inform later interactions.

I wasn't intending to get into an extended discussion concerning this, so I will end my input here.
    edited February 2014
    Maghak said:
    My post is specifically referring to using a fear effect on an event mobile during an event, for no actual benefit for any party, as an OOC action. ICly, it was of course taken into account and will inform later interactions.

I wasn't intending to get into an extended discussion concerning this, so I will end my input here.
    Fair enough.

Though in the future, it might help (dunno if you guys have this ability or not or even if it is possible) if you guys had a button that could flood a radius of rooms or maybe even the entire area with hostile mobs (basically guards) set to attack an organization and or specific player to account for these kind of situations. That way the person(s) would need to fight their way to the event room or something in order to do anything disruptive. Maybe even go so far as in giving event rooms a special tag that disables most modes of transportation (portals, prisms, etc) while the event is going on.

Edit: Assuming it's fitting of the event of course.
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I'm jealous that their version of fear works on all mobs. Illumination's only works on non-sentients for that very reason. :(

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Calipso
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Not sure what to say to this. I used one of my abilities during an event to be defiant and jerky. I mean, I fully expected repercussions. Not like I sat there spamming it.
    TozHadoryu
    Aishia said:
    Not sure what to say to this. I used one of my abilities during an event to be defiant and jerky. I mean, I fully expected repercussions. Not like I sat there spamming it.
    @Aishia: I wouldn't worry about it. Keep doing what you do. <3
    havenbanner2
    PerilunaValingarAryanneCiarelleArbreHadoryu
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited February 2014
    Daskalos said:
    I'm jealous that their version of fear works on all mobs. Illumination's only works on non-sentients for that very reason. :(
    The Angel fear works on mobs, Rivas was using it in the Moor with Angwe and I the other day.
    :)

But thats Devotion, nonetheless...it works
  • +1 @Aishia. Mechanics >>>>>>>> rp and while I kinda get why, story inflexibility and mechanics always feel like they are dumping down on players. Untouchable gods, invincible monsters of earth shattering power...nice to see a player getting a mechanical win for a change. Only thing I can fault is not dropping an emote with a one-liner back.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AryannePeriluna
  • Honestly? I think that's less a big deal than several high ranking members of duiran attempting to kill the mob.

Periluna
    Pfft...we couldn't have killed her.  Demon Blade eats the Council, super effective.
    RP is RP, whilst I think the fearing and running was lame, the combat was legitimate and we did get our unicorns handed to us.

edited February 2014
    It's more that she did it and then buggered off to Duiran without so much as a how's-your-father or... you know. An emote.

eta: and yes while I realise that mechanics exist and doing that is like totally valid omg, when it's clear that it's a big rp event, and you come in and drop a mechanics bomb and run off giggling, it still comes under 'lame' in my book. No matter who you are.

HavenOmeiDamarielElyni
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Probably should have emoted, though I didn't really expect I'd have a chance to before I got killed. Nothing out of character about running away, I think. Seems like she walked right back in and started attacking people. Don't think I took the unstoppable freight train off the rails very long.
    (Web): Daskalos says, "So, Haven."
    (Web): You say, "Sup."
    (Web): Daskalos says, "I hit the 1.75 million twice more."
    (Web): Daskalos says, "Got up to 3 million."
    (Web): You say, "Share dat wealth."
    (Web): Daskalos says, "Then lost it all back to 250k."
    (Web): Daskalos says, ":(."
    (Web): Valingar says, "So greedy."
    (Web): Valingar says, "XD."

havenbanner2
    SetneRiluoEmelleDaskalosAryanneRivasPeriluna
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited February 2014
    You know there's an issue when both Piper and @Eleanor go-

Eleanor peers out from the other chamber, still moving quietly.

Cannan produces his soulstone from seemingly nowhere at all and throws it up in the air, only to catch it again, holding it aloft with three nimble fingers.

To your surprise, Alyssn rises up from the ground to stand before you.

A reanimated Ankyrean warlord gathers itself, bits of decayed flesh gathering up from the floor and settling onto the dessicated frame. A spate of furious, discordant Ankyrean erupts from its barrel chest as it lifts its sword again, laying about itself wildly.

A reanimated Ankyrean warlord snarls angrily at Menelaus and moves in for the kill.

With a powerful, decisive strike, a reanimated Ankyrean warlord drives his ceremonial sword into Menelaus with enough force to nearly sever a limb. Wheeling around, he follows it up with a jarring slam from the sword's hilt.
    Menelaus jerks to the side, the attack barely grazing him.

Menelaus sticks himself with a long needle.
    Gunther falls over dramatically.

Menelaus leaves to the south, riding a donkey.

Letting out a warcry in a harsh stream of ancient Ankryean, a reanimated Ankyrean warlord barrels into Xhomas, roughly slamming him to the ground. With a growl, he follows the strike with a catlike grace, lifting his sword with both hands and plunging it down into his torso.
    Xhomas has been slain by a reanimated Ankyrean warlord.

A reanimated Ankyrean warlord snarls angrily at Eleanor and moves in for the kill.

With a thunderous, hollow roar, a reanimated Ankyrean warlord brings his ceremonial blade around in a wide, implacable arc, smashing you off your feet and leaving you dazed.
    Losing her balance, Moirean falls from her steed to the hard ground.
    Losing her balance, Eleanor falls from her steed to the hard ground.
    You are afflicted with stun.
    Health Lost: 3704, cutting.

Grimdale stands up and stretches his arms out wide.
    Grimdale sticks himself with a long needle.
    Grimdale eats a kidney slice.
    Moirean takes a drink from an aphotic vial.
    Moirean eats some irid moss.
    Moirean stands up and stretches her arms out wide.
    Moirean swiftly swings up onto a long-legged ostrich.

[HEALING SPAM]
    You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.
    You exert your superior mental control over your body and will your wounds to clot before your eyes.
    Mana Lost: 640

<>----------- Followed Eleanor North -----------<>

Beneath cracked, frozen stone. (lost)
    A long, narrow basin of dark stone runs north to south here, the shallow water within frozen completely solid.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, southeast, south, southwest, and northwest.

Along a broad, paved avenue.
    A long, narrow basin of dark stone runs north to south here, the shallow water within frozen completely solid.

A raised dais overlooking a vaulted hall.
     You see exits leading north, southeast, south, and southwest.

You say, "NOPE."
    Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "NOPE."

SetneAishiaEleanorOmeiEmelleSlyphe

PiperAishiaAarbrokOmeiEmelleRiluoJaslineErzsebet
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited February 2014
    What the eff forums. Work.

(Web): You say, "Haven you better cure it."
    H:5221 M:4606 E:26400 W:22230 B:100% Night [csdb eb]
    Haven faints and drops to the floor as the last vestiges of his strength are drained away.
    Haven pats frantically at his skin, trying to put out a fire that rages only within him, until
    finally his life is usurped by the flame.
    You have slain Haven.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Draiman said:
    What the eff forums. Work.

(Web): You say, "Haven you better cure it."
    H:5221 M:4606 E:26400 W:22230 B:100% Night [csdb eb]
    Haven faints and drops to the floor as the last vestiges of his strength are drained away.
    Haven pats frantically at his skin, trying to put out a fire that rages only within him, until
    finally his life is usurped by the flame.
    You have slain Haven.
    I wanted to give Vampirism a test run.
    havenbanner2
    Riluo
    Talking to Xemnas about joining the Carnifex...

Xemnas tells you, "As far as why I want to rejoin...I can be myself. Other guilds hinder my innate instincts of brutality. They make me follow their codes of conduct, believe in their cowardice. In the Carnifex, I can be the man I was born to be. Ruthless, skilled, merciless. My blades and thirst for death were never stronger than when I was an Infernal, and Carnifex."

You tell Xemnas, "The guild has changed, you are aware? I run a tight ship these days - you will be entering as a recruit, and will abide by guild laws and respect peerage. Brutality is encouraged, but rank and behavior are also insisted on. No running from fights you pick, no cowardice."

You tell Xemnas, "We have our own code of conduct."

You tell Xemnas, "We don't believe in foolish notions like chivalry, but we do not shirk from danger."

Xemnas tells you, "I never run from a fight, you know that. I didn't mean it as the Carnifex had no rules or regulations, I mean my instincts are not curbed like they are elsewhere."

Xemnas tells you, "(( brb, gotta take puppy out to bathroom ))"

SO. FIERCE. XD
    EmelleSetneCannan
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    And that ^ is why I hate talking to people OOC IG. When I start talking to new people OOCly, there's always this moment of surprise like "oh...you're so bubbly!" MY ILLUSION IS RUINED

>>
    KatsziaAryanne
    Emelle said:
    And that ^ is why I hate talking to people OOC IG. When I start talking to new people OOCly, there's always this moment of surprise like "oh...you're so bubbly!" MY ILLUSION IS RUINED

>>
    Good writing will draw you right back into the illusion!
    havenbanner2
    AngweArbreOmeiAryanneEmellePerilunaErzsebet
  • edited February 2014
    Emelle said:

>>
    I get the feeling people don't have that problem with me >.>

XavinArbreEmelleHaven
    If it is any consolation he did get an adorable Siberian Husky I had to get pictures of.

Cutest puppy ever!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'm gonna make a WTF thread before too long.

Pandora provides the lyrics to the songs it plays.  Including Sandstorm, by Darude.

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    MoireanSlypheEmelleCannanKatszia
  • If you listen to dubstep it posts 'WUBWUBWUBWUB' or 'DUBDUBDUBDUBDUB' or something similar.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

You point a finger towards Rajazel and suddenly he is engulfed in a cloud of darkness. As the darkness fades to nothingness, the form of Rajazel can be seen breathing once more.
    H:1650/7342 M:4401/5319 E:98% W:90% S:100% XP:56.45% [csdb -b lr]
    You have no core.
    H:1650/7342 M:4401/5319 E:99% W:90% S:100% XP:56.45% [csdb -b lr]
    H:1650/7342 M:4381/5319 E:99% W:90% S:100% XP:56.45% [csdb -b lr]
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    H:1650/7342 M:4381/5319 E:99% W:90% S:100% XP:56.45% [csdb eb lr]
    (Web): Catty says, "Yeah."
    You have no core.
    Mana Lost: 1329
    You focus your willpower as you prepare to resurrect Piper.
    The bond between your physical and mental faculties fades, leaving them separated once again.
    You have been slain by misadventure.
    Experience Lost: 15000 [total: 10261893]
    The corpse of Calipso falls out of your inventory.
    The corpse of Piper falls out of your inventory.
    The corpse of Gabriele falls out of your inventory.
    The corpse of Xhomas falls out of your inventory.
    The corpse of Aarbrok falls out of your inventory.
    The Hall of the Underking.
     There are no obvious exits.

You approach the dais that bears the mirror.

You move forward toward the giant mirror, marveling at its size and perfectly flat, unmarred reflective surface. Strangely, you can see nothing reflected in the mirror, but it may be some trick of the light from this angle.
    Experience Lost: 937 [total: 10260956]

Piper has ignored your attempt at reviving them.
    OmeiArbre