Short Questions

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

General Options:
    ----------------
    BOAR TATTOO - this regenerates your health passively

MOSS TATTOO - this staunches your bleeding passively

STARBURST TATTOO - this tattoo will flare and prevent you from dying, should
    you take enough damage to be slain. Your defences will fade, but you will lose
    reduced experience

CRYSTAL TATTOO - you can use this once an Aetolian day to fully restore your
    health. Advised for high level hunters.

NIMBLENESS - this skill from Avoidance increases your dodge rate for a short
    period of time

VIGOR POTION/APOCROUSTIC SERUM - this item can be found for sale from
    people/shops. Once sipped, you will gain a defence which will passively heal
    you for 5% of your health when you make a critical strike. Vials usually have
    60 sips. Each sip lasts one Aetolian day (through death).

GRIMSTILL PILL - this item can be found for sale from various people and will
    increase your critical strike rate for 12 Aetolian days (through death).

CHALICE OF KNOWLEDGE - this is sold by people and the Ankyrean Artifact Shop
    in Delos for 30 credits and will double all experience gained for 24 Aetolian
    days (through death).

BOOK TATTOO - Sven in Delos can ink this tattoo. When touched it increases all
    experience gained by 5% (defence drops on death. 10
    touches per inking).

RESISTANCE RINGS - these are sold in shops and increase your defence on AUDIT
    by 10% (cold, fire, electric, magic)

WORRYSTONE/FETTLESTONE - When TOUCHed, it may do one of four things: heal
    health, heal mana, cure an affliction, or nothing.

GEM OF NEGATION - When TOUCHed, it will cure all of your afflictions, at the
    cost of all your defences.

RESEARCH ORBS: These orbs are purchased with research tokens earned from
    gathering ylem mist (for more information about ylem, see "The Pylon Project"
    in the guild library, book #120769). TRADE TOKEN FOR (color) at your city's
    pylon to acquire one. The orbs have a variety of effects:
    Red - Increased damage given/reduced damage taken (hunting only)
    Green - Increases vigor potion's healing by 25%
    Blue - Free shell defence (flat 6% damage reduction)
    Yellow - Increased experience gain

RESEARCH AMULETS: The amulets can be bought from the Delvish merchant at your
    city's pylon. While costly (15,000 gold) they act as temporary artifacts. You
    can wear up to two at once. They do NOT stack with artifacts.
    Yellow - Increase critical strike change
    White - Increase every stat by one
    Blue - Increase max health/mana
    Red - Increase damage done (hunting only)
    Green - Increased healing from health/mana or analeptic/stimulant sips

CHOCOLATES: These can be won through CRYPTIC CHESTS and GIFTBAGS and can
    sometimes be found in shops or for sale on the AUCTIONHOUSE. Each one confers
    a specific bonus:
    Mint - Doubles experience gain (stacks with chalice!)
    Hazelnut - Increases stats
    Caramel - Gives 150% damage increase against creatures
    Strawberry - Increases maximum health and mana

GLOBES: These can be expensive, but can be a very effective way to quickly
    gain levels. These can be won through CRYPTIC CHESTS and can sometimes be
    found for sale on the AUCTIONHOUSE or via the MARKET channel. Each globe can
    be DRAINed four times. Once drained, you receive a buff for four hours that
    lets you SUMMON ELEMENTAL to summon an elemental to fight. Each summon reduces
    the buff by five minutes.

COMPENDIUM: See HELP COMPENDIUM for more information on the Exploration
    Compendium.

WHEEL CRITICAL STRIKE: Spinning the WHEEL OF FATES can grant you a critical
    strike buff. It's random, however, what you can win!

KEENEYE MONOCLE: Pieces for this can be won through CRYPTIC CHESTS. Assemble 4
    to create a monocle that improves your critical strike chance.

SANGUINE CHOKER: Pieces for this can be won through CRYPTIC CHESTS. Assemble 4
    to create a choker that heals you when you are hit.
    Mordocai
  • Thanks, very helpful! Sounds like i'll want to go after research orbs and amulets since I don't have RL money to put in right now.
    Tokens for orbs are cheap, around 5k-8k, and each orb lasts 10 uses. Each use is around 2-3 hours or until you die. Amulets cost 15k gold and last 2 RL weeks.
    Riluo
  • The red amulet can be purchased from the mob at the ylem pylon in your city. Mogrov if you're in Bloodloch. Red orbs can be gotten by exchanging research tokens with the same mob. For chocolates, check the directories of cities or ask on market.
  • Mordocai said:

Another short question, to be clear people are using redacted as a swear word, yes?

I'm only going to ask you once not to use the U-word. Next time is a forum ban.

i am rapture coder
    SlypheJensenEmelleAryanneElieAshmer
  • That is OUR word. You are not allowed to use that word.
    OmeiAryanne
  • Is there a way to search libraries by title?
    Sadly, no. Our library system is pretty outdated.
    Aryanne
  • @Rashar : Sorry been at work. But what would be taken into account would be what I said in my post. Bloodranks.

Politics
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Mordocai said:

Moirean said:

Red orb, red amulet, white amulet (+stats), caramel chocolate, hazelnut chocolate (+stats), blessing (+stats).

How would my character ask where/how to gain these? Just ask around for enhancements to his hunting prowess?

Edit: Barring blessing of course, he's aware of that
    The orbs and amulets are available at Mogrov, which is at the pylon. It's s, w, nw, ne from Lucisa...if I did that right. Amulets are 15k gold each. Orbs you have to have tokens to trade in to get them. You get 1 token per 40 ylem mist you absorb with gauntlets. To see mist to absorb, you need goggles. Both of these two items are available at Mogrov. You turn them into a guy in Delve. CHELP YLEM MIST will cover all of that stuff.

• Mordocai said:

Moirean said:

Red orb, red amulet, white amulet (+stats), caramel chocolate, hazelnut chocolate (+stats), blessing (+stats).

How would my character ask where/how to gain these? Just ask around for enhancements to his hunting prowess?

Edit: Barring blessing of course, he's aware of that
    The orbs are ylem mist things. As long as you're in a city you can participate in that. I would imagine that the city has some sort of chelp file about it. Likewise, the amulets are related to the ylem system. The chocolates are things you get in cryptic chests and giftbags, you could ask around on market for those.

• Moirean said:

Sadly, no. Our library system is pretty outdated.

New top feature request for Mordocai: Library overhaul. He spends a lot of time in libraries -.-
    Trager
  • Is it two or three ylem amulets though at once, I have heard multiple people say differently.

• Three. People say two because of purity, but you can wear that on your wrist I believe.
  • Purity can be worn on any piece of jewelry now so.

• I think these count as short:

As you see here Mordacai != Mordocai i'm thinking about playing my Consanguine turned Nature guy again, and have a couple questions. (Sorry again about the name confusion this is going to cause... )

First off, is it acceptable RP wise for this sort of recent background for Mordacai(Tips for making this more robust/better welcome!):
    Was cured of Vampirism with the help of the druid Cantata (a bit rusty on this bit, I believe that is correct though) and joined the druids. Despite being welcomed with open arms, he always felt out of place. He went on a self imposed exile into the deep wilds, where he finally felt he connected with Life/Spirit again (He was consanguine for quite some time). Has returned to the Druids no longer existing, replaced by the Shamans. Now considering whether or not he wishes to stick with the shamans, or ask to join the sentinels.

Obviously the "self-imposed exile" is explanation for him being gone for a long period.

Secondly, does anyone have some good examples of Xoran descriptions? I'm looking for something that makes you think "Natural Predator", but having some difficulties.

Finally, the Sentinels are active right? I was on earlier and it didn't appear there was a single one online, though I may be mistaken.
  • @Mordocai Yes, that's fine for a forestal background. Duiran is, at its core, a mixing pot organization. People come to Duiran from pretty much every other org and by its nature the org doesn't require huge personality shifts. So you still get the shady darkish characters mixing with more goody sorts of characters.

The sentinels are, to my knowledge, fairly active.

Regarding Xoran descriptions, what sort of xoran are you thinking? People have based them on different sorts of lizards before...did you have anything in mind?

• Xavin said:

@Mordocai Yes, that's fine for a forestal background. Duiran is, at its core, a mixing pot organization. People come to Duiran from pretty much every other org and by its nature the org doesn't require huge personality shifts. So you still get the shady darkish characters mixing with more goody sorts of characters.

The sentinels are, to my knowledge, fairly active.

Regarding Xoran descriptions, what sort of xoran are you thinking? People have based them on different sorts of lizards before...did you have anything in mind?

Truthfully, I don't really know. I was just trying to write one with inspiration from Xoran Syssin.

This is what I have come up with so far, work in progress:
    with dark, forest green scales and dark green eyes with yellow reptilian irises. He has a strong wiry musculature, complementing his five feet and eight inches of height. The uniformity of the scales on his back are broken by small, bony spines. His head is reminiscent of a crocodile, with a long protuding snout, sharp teeth poking out over his lower lips. His long tail, nearly half his height, is constantly moving.
    This thread is a good resource for description feedback and improvement:

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/292/pimp-my-description

And this thread is helpful regarding Sentinels:
    http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1424/newbie-class-guide-sentinels

And this thread is helpful for races:
    http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/788/newbie-guide-races-and-statpacks#xoran

edited July 2014
    Haven said:

About as artistic as when he tried to make chicken... xD I wonder if anyone still has the picture.

XavinIshinAshmer
  • Who knew that Razmael looked at women and chicken in the same way.
    IshinXavinMoireanAshmer
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Haern said:

Who knew that Razmael looked at women and chicken in the same way.

Razmael: SO THAT'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SEPTEMBER 15TH 2006, NEVER FORGET

i am rapture coder
    MephistolesAryanneXavinErzsebetMoireanIshinHavenAshmer
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    REMEMBER REMEMBER THE FIFTEENTH OF SEPTEMBER.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanErzsebetAryanneHavenStathanAshmerMephistoles
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited July 2014
    I bugged it, but figured I'd ask - are lessons supposed to be wasted past trans? Like, let's say you are only 40 lessons from trans, but learn 60 - you lose the 20. It doesn't automatically stop you from learning. I thought it was doing that? I had the issue the other day myself, and just had it happen to a new player.

Edit: I was just talking to Xarian about it - seems it's the algorithm used. Something used to be in HELP MYRRH or whatnot. Maybe we could get something updated somewhere about how learning works in that aspect?

Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Mephistoles‌: bahaha how do you even still have that picture! Creepy but love you for it. inb4 Meph is shrubbed.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Is there a reason there isn't a message for people following you into your haven that is changeable?

I suppose just too hard to code for something so trivial?
    Aryanne
  • @Haven, I actually had to search for it a bit. I'll spare you the details, but the original link and picture still exist and would have revealed Razmael's previous character, so I downloaded the picture and uploaded it to imgur instead.

I wanted to protect Raz's previous identity. He's a really nice guy and does lots for the game, so I figured I should at least be polite if I'm going to embarrass him with something from 8 years ago.
    I'm pretty sure they announced who his character was when he was officially hired.