Short Questions

Comments

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited July 2014
    >.> In fairness, they weren't even all on the same side of the world. One of those alts is a paladin, one is a Daru, one was a rogue luminary masquerading as a Syssin, one was a vampire. <.<
    imageimage
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    How many hours does my gumbo need to stay in the crockpot on high heat? How many on low?
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Angwe said:

How many hours does my gumbo need to stay in the crockpot on high heat? How many on low?

Real gumbo is made in a pot, not a crockpot *stare*

But it's probably something like 2 hours on high, 5 on low. Or there abouts.
    AngweAshmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Angwe said:

If Ashmer doesn't prism to you in the middle, around two. If Ashmer prisms to you in the middle, it's more like five. Make sure to outcache the okra before you try to put it in the pot.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

StathanEmelleSaritaRiluo
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    DESLIME OKRA IN POT OVER CAMPFIRE for five minutes.
    EmelleStathan
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Areka said:

Or finding non-black or non-read non-formalwear in Bloodloch.

Belatedly, hi, this is my niche in Bloch~

Ashmer
    Best gumbo is rattlesnake, gator and some catfish. Maybe throw in a little nutrea for flavor.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Reux said:

Do ranks in the Syssin Venom give resist to poison?

No.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm pretty sure I've never seen rattlesnake and gumbo together.
  • Is there any remnant left of the old feature where vampires were more powerful the higher their Blood rank? I remember them having more resistences, more blood reserves, and maybe other things.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    No, it was removed a very long time ago and rightfully so as we had Vampires who could not find a sire above the count rank at points. Which was unfair on them.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Riluo said:

No, it was removed a very long time ago and rightfully so as we had Vampires who could not find a sire above the count rank at points. Which was unfair on them.

Oh yeah, makes total sense from a gameplay point of view.
  • There a way to redraw the map that's show when you use MAP?

My haven looks screwed up right now, and I'm not sure how to really address that. -_-
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You can message a god to help. Omei is a super map wizard and has helped me out.
    ReuxSlypheOmei
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Speaking of the old vampire bonuses. Why not introduce something similar, except based on blood rank it depends on how long you have been continuously embraced. I.e you've been embraced a year, you get a small bonus, you've been embraced a decade, you get a medium bonus, you've been embraced a quarter of a century, etc. Doesn't even have to be the old bloodrank bonuses, just something in the same vein. The potency of your blood would increase as you aged as a Consanguine etc.
    RiluoErzsebetElie
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    I have been embrace for 316 years, do I get a cookie :P

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Erzsebet
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @riluo ill give you a high five?
    Riluo
  • Careful he might break your hand with all that blood potency.
    Jensen
  • Out of curiousity: Is there a 'staredown' emote hardcoded into Aetolia? One were you can target a person and general get an idea if your stronger/weaker than your target? If not I think would be perfect for comparing Bloodranks vampire to vampire. > : You stare into ^'s soul and a deep satisfaction takes hold at your own superiority. < : A chill touches your soul as you discover yourself to be inferior to ^.

Politics
  • What sort of things would be taken into account for that though? Xp rank? Means nothing. Might? Means nothing after a point. Artifacts? Helpful, sure, but ultimately not giving you any sort of superiority.

You stare into Gwenith's soul and a deep satisfaction takes hold of you, because you've played this stupid game for so much longer.

I dunno. It'd be neat, but I'm not sure how you really calculate that.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    STAREDOWN (name) makes the person with the lower exp ranking cower in fear or something like that, regardless of which one initiated it.
  • I am just surprised we have not had placed in a luigideathstare emote coded in yet.

• Giving vampires any sort of bonus based on bloodrank or time embraced that wasn't RP only would be a nightmare for balancing. That's sort of the same reason that the old blood rank scaling was removed, not because it was unfair but because it was unbalanced. Highish ranked vampires were absurdly powerful and lower ranked ones were meh. After a certain blood rank it was possible to bash as a vampire without curatives in some cases due to mend. It's just not a good idea.

• Damonicus said:

I am just surprised we have not had placed in a luigideathstare emote coded in yet.

brb

StathanEmelleOmei
  • Xavin said:

Giving vampires any sort of bonus based on bloodrank or time embraced that wasn't RP only would be a nightmare for balancing. That's sort of the same reason that the old blood rank scaling was removed, not because it was unfair but because it was unbalanced. Highish ranked vampires were absurdly powerful and lower ranked ones were meh. After a certain blood rank it was possible to bash as a vampire without curatives in some cases due to mend. It's just not a good idea.

I would like some kind of RP benefit from both old vampires and blood rank though. It just makes sense. I mean, I suppose with peerage coming back that is somewhat an RP benefit of Blood Rank, but not age. Perhaps age should grant some kind of societal benefit?

Also, if we did add game altering effects back in they could always be very small. Like, if resistances, it'd be the difference between having to stick analeptic 3 times or 2 against a mob or something along those lines. If the difference wasn't very great, I think it could be balanced more easily.
  • Another short question, to be clear people are using unicorn(s) as a swear word, yes?
    Iosyne
    The system will automatically turn certain words into unicorn(s) or people will just type it out having gotten used to it.

So yes, it's a filler for cussing because no.
  • Are higher critical hits the only way characters get more damage when hunting, besides artifacts/stat increases? Or is there something I'm missing? Kind've sucks if Mordocai will be doing ~960 damage a frenzy until he hits Tekal.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Red orb, red amulet, white amulet (+stats), caramel chocolate, hazelnut chocolate (+stats), blessing (+stats).
  • edited July 2014
    Moirean said:

Red orb, red amulet, white amulet (+stats), caramel chocolate, hazelnut chocolate (+stats), blessing (+stats).

How would my character ask where/how to gain these? Just ask around for enhancements to his hunting prowess?

Edit: Barring blessing of course, he's aware of that