Short Questions

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

But honestly its encouraged to go out and discover these sort of things on your own, mostly by interacting with NPC's and finding out in game, I know there are some IG books that have this kind of shit in it, and really thats not the point of the game for a get gold quick sort of thing.

So look about and see what you can find!

HELP VERMIN is the reference I will give, good way to get gold that.
    DristinTeani
  • Woah, @Draiman don't be sad because I can't be beaten baby. Also I honestly think shift/pulse whatever the other ones are that do the same thing should have a cooldown. I'm more or less unkillable by rituos because of it. I get scared for a second then pulse and laugh as I basically reset a lot of their work. I could then just shield against them and completely reset the fight if I wanted, which seems laughably strong. Something along the lines of a 20 second cooldown like a lock breaker would make a lot of sense for that ability.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Lycanthropy question: Do you no longer have any advancement in Vocalizing if you have not invested lessons? The first two skills reflect what I invested in my primary class, but not the third, which I do not recall being the case the first time I played with shapeshifting.
  • Its been that way since @Oleis made the changes. Its why I spent 300 credits in like February to max the skill. 
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Ah. Well that's a bummer.
    Malok
  • Yeah. Vocalizing is marginally useful while bashing. Probably not worth 300 cr...but yeah, at least you get to try out the other two.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Vocalizing is necessary for PvP though, so if you want to go out and fight as a lycan, it's rather necessary to pop some lessons in there.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Is the scepter of duality affected by damage modifiers?

For example, If I was bashing as praenomen and used the scepter, would hunt_praenomen increase its damage? Would caramel chocolates increase its damage?
  • caramel chocolates will but I thought hunt_ would only work for FRENZY?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • hunt_syssin helps my scepter
    Yeah, it doesn't affect specific attacks anymore, just damage against NPCs. Wasn't sure if it boosted the scepter, though.

Artifact #148
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Item: a sanguine teardrop
    Power: level 1 hunt_praenomen

This artifact power can be added to other items.

Description:
    Provides a bonus of 5%, 10% or 15% to the damage done by Praenomen against mobiles.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Alexina said:

Yeah, it doesn't affect specific attacks anymore, just damage against NPCs. Wasn't sure if it boosted the scepter, though.

That sounds like a silly artifact then and should be changed to like hunt_mob .. so you don't have to invest into 1 per class and just 1 across the board :/

I always thought it just worked for the class specific hunting skill, frenzy, bonedagger bite/Garrote etc
    Aarbrok
    There were issues with bloodborn frenzy/scythe, templar attacks, mages' staffcast/stormhammer, teradrim flail attacks, etc, so they made it apply to all the attacks the class has.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Do we know what promo is up this month yet?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• First, I know that the @admins are releasing a whole bunch of new stuff (ie Fluidcache, fishing stuffs, etc) but this lag is getting to be absolutely ridiculous!! And while I love that the admins are releasing a slew of things to make the game better, I have to ask....

What the hell is up with all this damned lag???
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Zsadist said:

First, I know that the @admins are releasing a whole bunch of new stuff (ie Fluidcache, fishing stuffs, etc) but this lag is getting to be absolutely ridiculous!! And while I love that the admins are releasing a slew of things to make the game better, I have to ask....

What the hell is up with all this damned lag???

The server-side lag isn't significantly worse, but there has been a little rise in lag times, and it's something we're trying to track down. If you're getting really ridiculous, debilitating lag, that's likely to be a network routing issue between you and us.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Zsadist
  • @Oleis, How can I find out if its a network routing issue? And my lag isn't debilitating, as I can make it work, but it is very frequent.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Zsadist said:

@Oleis, How can I find out if its a network routing issue? And my lag isn't debilitating, as I can make it work, but it is very frequent.

Open up Command Prompt in Windows, and type tracert aetolia.com, and it will show you in milliseconds how much lag you're getting at each point between you and the Aetolia servers.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    yeah the spikes are insane at points -pun- but still true

Taras
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    @Razmael just nabbed the most likely culprit of the server side lag. Again, probably not the sole issue you're dealing with, but it should help.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    KerrynZsadist
  • What's the origin of Hroagh?
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Medri said:

What's the origin of Hroagh?

Hernias. Endless hernias.

DristinAnfini
    edited October 2015
    @Medri - Aaaages ago there was an absinthe dealer in Spinesreach, with which there was a scuffle and it broke a bottle over Sryaen's head. There was much Hroaghing as Sryaen chased after it.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    What is the purpose of lightwalls now and the artifact. It seems to give a cosmetic whiting of text and nothing else. I though it was meant to strip blindness or increase certain venoms damage?

• @riluo from what I remember it used to make all the text white. It's why color-coding "You are afflicted by .. " used to be bad when in the lightwall effects. Now a days I haven't a clue what it does.
  • edited October 2015
    Am I supposed to stay Earthmelded trying to regain my physical form for 12 minutes after losing in a Sect duel? I have never seen it take this long to come back to life. Ever.

Edit: Welp, issued myself and got transported out of death or something. I guess it was a bug. Sorry for the bother.
  • I feel like I need a change of some sort to see if I can re-inject some enthusiasm back into playing Aetolia. I'm just a little outdated with the information I hold, plz2help update me!

How much drama does the 'vampire society' see recently, and is it worth involving myself in it? Am interested in taking the class but unsure if needless drama will put me off instead.

I understand the rituos = vampire with bloodborn skills. Do they still use a crystal shard and a ritual to embrace, or do they follow the praenonem method now?

Related question: I'm int-spec'd. Will that make me a terrible vampire?

I have harvesting. That means I'll lose/be refunded lessons in harvesting should I choose to go undead right?
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited October 2015
    We do not use the shard anymore, it is just a matter of sire person now in corpus. You can also shift every few hours from stock vampire to rituos.

With regards to int vamp I can not say for sure but it would be a challenge in pk. Perhaps wait to see what others comment on that first. I have always been powerful or muscular.

• About the shifting, does what I learn in Sanguis shift over to Hematurgy or do I have to invest lessons in both Sanguis and Hematurgy?