Short Questions

Comments

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @dristin @oleis and everyone

Where do we get sulphur I have searched for 3 hours ... and I need it for bombcrafting which I just got credits to buy :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Nalor : Anana is not part of that particular quest (I just ran through it all). Try speaking to people ICly and see if they can help you figure out what to do next (which part of the quest you might be at and need to complete). As a last resort, issue yourself and ask if it can be reset for you?

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Riluo - You can get sulphur from Ferlbo in the Grand Library, hes the pyrotechnics guy.
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited September 2015
    Cheers Mate ;)

I was lucky as I score a dozen earlier for testing.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Trager said:

Was there a reason that subterfuge illusion is better than mage illusion? I mean, was it changed for combat reasons in the past? For RP, like someone mentioned into the Sanguis thread, you end up having to break a single, simple illusion into multiple lines.

Psure Syssin illusion just got nerfed again. I think 2 lines has always been the limit-ish. Outside of that I don't remember any changes.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • @Oleis - @Keroc - @whichotheradmin codes

Before the indorani change the combat messages used to show like the below for third person view.

Nalor flings sun (asthma) at Keroc

Same with moon tarot but since the upgrade/change to Indorani it's now just,
    Nalor flings sun at Keroc.

Is that an oversight of the new code or, is it meant to be hidden third person?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    It's intentional, yeah.
  • It's gone from the first person view as well now. 
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Lim said:

It's gone from the first person view as well now. 

Ugh, tracking 2 stronk.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited September 2015
    Are there any plans to replace Teneric with another NPC who can title for a small fee? (HELP TITLES hasn't been updated to reflect his presumed demise, btw)
    ErzsebetMelantha
  • Why are we making artifacts to do things, when most of the people interested in doing those things can't afford or won't justify it?

No, I won't pay 30 bucks to be able to search libraries. That's what we have our newbies do to pass guild trials.

I get trying to make money, and I'm not a marketing person so I guess it's irrelevant. But man, I feel like making the game simpler for people -without- spending money will make them more inclined to spend money.

This may not even be the right thread for this. But then, maybe there is no thread for this. We can't even complain anymore, because that's not allowed. Apparently hurts too many feelings.
    ErzsebetAlexinaAldricAarbrok
  • Also, related to what @Rashar just said, TIME has been a skill that -everyone- has had access to for forever.

And still do:
    It is the middle of the night in Aetolia.
    In your world, it is 6:20 GMT.
    See HELP GMT for an explanation of GMT.

What exactly does the pocketwatch do that can't already be done?
    imageimage
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Erzsebet said:

Also, related to what @Rashar just said, TIME has been a skill that -everyone- has had access to for forever.

And still do:
    It is the middle of the night in Aetolia.
    See HELP GMT for an explanation of GMT.

What exactly does the pocketwatch do that can't already be done?

The pocketwatch tells you the exact Aetolian time:
    It is in the Middle of the night in Aetolia. (23:30:15).
  • lol 2 those particular things in general
    k lol
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Quick question with the "aiming artefact" do you need to do as follows:
    send("qb aim " .. target)
    tempTimer( 1, [[send("shoot ".. target)]] )
    or can you just shoot and it will auto aim on its own?

edited September 2015
    It gives you the aiming ability:
    Aiming (Subterfuge)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Usage: AIM target direction
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited September 2015
    Yeah but since buying it I seem to be able to just shoot target and not miss now. So I am a bit unsure if it is just luck or an intended change I missed in the past that allows for players to now just shoot and the aiming is added automatically. I am confused :(

• So this is semi annoying me now, Whenever Aishia blesses Duiran I get

"Aishia has brought the grace of Haern, the Hunter down upon the Duiran Council!"

Even tho not apart of Duiran, Is this a bug, or meant to happen? It's the only time I get messageed about it
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It happens with every org, it's a global notice because blessings impact PK and stuff. Similarly we see it when gods bless their orgs.
  • Yes, but once again you'r missing the point. I get a MESSAGE every time SHE blesses Duiran.

I don't get a message when other people/gods bless Just when Aishia blesses Duiran.

and FYI I'm not in Duiran.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You can save your attitude.

You weren't clear that it was a message via message system versus simply seeing the message pop up on screen.

Just bug it.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    It's also possible to not see it for other cities if the other city chaplains don't use that power. I know Bloodloch's hasn't for a very long time, but I can't speak for Enorian and Spinesreach.
  • Sarita said:

It's also possible to not see it for other cities if the other city chaplains don't use that power. I know Bloodloch's hasn't for a very long time, but I can't speak for Enorian and Spinesreach.

Ezalor did and it never left me a PERSONAL message. Only Aishia seems to, not even the Gods do.

I know if I was of Duiran I'd get a message but I'm not. It's why it annoys me (even leaves me a message if I'm logged in and she does it)
  • With the changes to the way artifacts are purchased, is it still possible to buy artifacts as gifts for other people?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• What's the best way to start interacting with people and have everything stop feeling quiet and empty all the time?
  • With the changes to artifacts, how do you go about buying artifact tattoos with tokens?
    imageimage
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    @Renaud: Try hanging around in public, rp-conducive places like the Black Flagon Inn (Esterport) and your city/allied city's gathering spot. Use poses (HELP POSE). Stalk people using third eye (eat echinacea and look at WHO). Find people who are just loitering around and throw emotes at them. Chat on your guild and city channels. Consider joining a Divine congregation.

It can sometimes feel difficult to find interaction, even as a seasoned player. Don't give up! There are people around who would love to meet your character and rp. If you continue having a hard time getting started, it's totally acceptable to start a thread here on forums to solicit a plot hook or just alert folks of your schedule and wish to rp.

Good luck! I'll keep an eye out for you.
  • So, since real life has slowed down again, and I just realized I've been paying for an elite membership long enough to rack up almost 2k credits and about 300 coins, how's things in Aetolia? I love combat almost as much as I love rp, so where's the happening spots? Who's got cool rp? I'm currently a carni and open to changing that, ideally with a class that can be effective in combat (learning curve doesn't scare me) so yeah. Woo me? For general information, Zeks is approx. a century old, level 80, but for all intents and purposes is basically an omnitrans noob with toys.
  • Can we get a buff to DWhisper speeds to something along the lines of 2.9-3s? Being an aff class and having almost 3.5s dwhisper speed is ridiculously slow compared to templar/syssin/indo classes.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo