Short Questions

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Zsadist said:

Can we get a buff to DWhisper speeds to something along the lines of 2.9-3s? Being an aff class and having almost 3.5s dwhisper speed is ridiculously slow compared to templar/syssin/indo classes.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (or just kind of a prick): liaison report, please! We do those so that everyone can weigh in in an organized fashion.

Unless that post was your way of sparking player discussion. In which case I will return to my popsicle.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Zsadist
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited September 2015
    I tend to agree that whispers need a slight buff. However our liaison team are not so much bias as overly critical of random big changes so I think for something like this to be looked at a nice discussion about the reason of why it is need might be a nice thing.

So from my end dwhispers are a big hinder if you are trying to lock someone down. Because of this fact I have had to invest in a crown and +eq boosts from "Enhancements". This however means that to match up my weapon I also needed to purchase level 3 runes and augment like crazy to the point my weapon decays in 3 real days at a cost of 6k each time. Sadly even then my whispers are still 3.25 secs.

Breakdown to be able to just compete in mid-tier:

- Requires endgame 100+ to get the points - 850 credits for a crown - 800 credits for runes
    Sadly there are people who could not afford that :( and why should they, the classes should be better balance around the basic tactic of slash/dwhisper given the speed of curing these days. (This is just my view)

If I could have both whispers and my weapon sit at 3secs flat I would be super happy, even if it meant my damage was reduced overall to compensate for it. IE from 900 to 700.

Just a thought is all and not trying to start a bitch fight! it is more so because I see people struggle due to the cost of being able to enter pk and I am a big softy >.<

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    If the discussion is open for anyone, I'll throw my two-cents in...

It is my opinion that people focus entirely too much on how fast they afflict, or how sustainable they afflict, instead of staying alive long enough to KEEP afflicting. Bloodborn is and always has been a fairly attrition-based class, with the opportunity to strike at mana, health and provide afflictions all at the same time. Pair this with annihilate, and you have a class with a very solid basis, and the opportunity to chase kills using different routes.

Now, back to my main point, I've fought both Riluo and Zsadist more than just a few times. Your affliction rates are fairly impressive when we were fighting nearly daily, and since my little itty-bitty return, you both have gotten even more potent than I remember.

BUT!

I could log in right now, fight either of you, and very likely pinpoint the exact point where your curing fails. Zsadist himself will tell you he's still on an older, albeit manipulated, version of Tripwire, and that his curing is fairly lackluster. Riluo uses firstaid, and a handful of other basic additions, but there is still room for failure in both of those. (And I usually find it!)

I for one do not believe that your class needs any significant boosts in speed, because speed of affliction is not where you're failing in that regard. You're falling short in curing. I've compared both of your stacks, and analysed them quite a few times in the past, and last I saw there was nothing wrong with them. You stacked FAIRLY impressively. You're hindering was FAIRLY on point. You were making ground, and using the attrition-basis of the Bloodborn class. But needless to say, if you can't cure, you're offense won't be running long enough to stick the kill most of the time.

Also, comparing your affliction rate to that of Templar or Syssin or Sentinel or Indorani - it's a very failing argument. Your ability to push healthy amounts of damage and mana at the same time while also having a killstate attributed to that more than balances the class, in MY humble opinion at least.

Okay, back to my hole.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Thanks for the feedback mate. I know firstaid sucks... I really do :(

In terms of curing on my end sadly I am trying to compete with latency as I live in Australia meaning I am permanently 1.7secs behind on everything, which equates to several seconds in a fight I am falling behind before even firstaid can catch it. This I have accepted as it is the nature of the game and I will never heal fast enough. This is part of the reason I dodge syssin/Templar as it is impossible to compete.

But back on point I do agree that vamps are pretty solid at dishing out afflictions, but mentis is still a legacy class and to be frank requires little skill to cure against as the only real one you need to watch out for is impatience and reckless.

Perhaps instead of speed the class just requires mentis to get an update. What do you think?

• Lol wtf why are your dwhispers so slow? Do you not have crown +eq and level 3 rune on scythe? Dumping that much into your eq leaves you gated by your scythe which gets down to 3.33 with level 3 rune. Super heavy credit investment but dems the breaks man.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited September 2015
    Riluo said:

Reux said:

@Reux Go to here and you can look at his artwork, it is fantastic.

http://cribs.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24
    Belated, thank you @riluo for this. ^^
    I mean, you know, an amount.

Riluo
  • So, semi related question (I've scoured a few other threads for answers to the first) what guilds/classes benefit from weapon runes?
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Templar and Carnifex definitely, especially the weapon stat ones. Not sure about the others.
  • Luminaries, for pve especially.

Rituos vampires need it for their scythes.

Teradrim -probably- like them.

I mean, you know, an amount.

• Hmm, interesting. Sitting on two of the level three stats ones since I'd wanted a hammer and whatever the other Carni weapon was runed at the same time. Teradrim sound pretty cool, also tempted by the vampires and... Not sure about spirit side. None of the classes there have really spoken to me yet. 
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    It is essential for the scythe we use as Ritous to make the weapon functional. Without it you will never be able to match dwhispers correctly.

• Reux said:

Luminaries, for pve especially.

Rituos vampires need it for their scythes.

Teradrim -probably- like them.

Teradrim do like them. They're not at all essential for Teradrim combat in PvP or PvE, but the statboost and the blunt rune are nice.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    @Riluo -

I'll start this with admitting that I have never fought as a Bloodborn for any long period of time. But I have fought against them for years now. When I look at mentis, I see abilities/afflictions that are perfect for what the class is designed to do. Attrition, yes? Can we all agree to that much? You have balance knocks, damage over time afflictions, a very large array of afflictions that mask those. You have more than one way to keep someone in the room with you, more if you count items outside of your own skillsets. You can pair these with further afflictions that tick damage, mask even more vital afflictions, until sooner or later you capitalize on all of those afflictions to send a surge of power that blows away their mana based on how many afflictions of a mentis-nature that they have, while stunning them to boot. I just can't look at Bloodborn at this time and think that it is a class that needs uprades or changes. Maybe some quality of life tweaks, but purely combative it just SEEMS so entirely well-rounded.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited September 2015
    On paper it is brilliant, but the reality is that it is pretty mediocre once people get mana_boon, prioritise a certain 2-3 afflictions.

It is however a fantastic class to use on other mid-tier people or those without artifacts. I will never deny that because it is just fantastic for what it is. With that in mind I am not going to ask for anything for the class to be added or changed in this round. apart from umbrage.

EDIT: I think if it is fixed a lot of the issues will be resolved as it is a very bad skill currently and needs the bleed amount tweaked to make it viable. Otherwise the shielding problem is just going to be a problem for another 12 months.

Trager
  • I'm going to be completely honest and say that I only skimmed half of your previous posts, but that last one was pretty spot on. I'm also going to be super arrogant and say that I'm awesome and amazing and one of the best Prae/Rituos in the history of ever, and I can't beat Trikal as Rituos because he has the defensive artifacts necessary to permanently stall out my Rituos with shift/pulse/whateveritis. But the class pushes so many areas that I imagine it is hard to adjust one without blowing the class from "stable" to "op af".
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• So a quick mapping question.. Why does every area have like

You discern that you are standing in Three Widows.

but

Your surroundings reveal that you are standing in the Church of Corruption.

Any chance to change the second one to be like the first, since Mudbot isn't updated any more?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited September 2015
    There tons of new areas like this. Tecaptl's (spelling?) Cradle, lots of new Albedos areas, etc.

EDIT:
    It's possible to open the imap file in notepad and move those rooms to a new area that's correctly named, but tons of work.
    Teani
  • That was only Area I came across. Still trying to find areas I'm missing as 'AREAS' only show bashing places.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Nalor said:

So a quick mapping question.. Why does every area have like

You discern that you are standing in Three Widows.

but

Your surroundings reveal that you are standing in the Church of Corruption.

Any chance to change the second one to be like the first, since Mudbot isn't updated any more?

Unfortunately Mudbot is a third-party program and we can't really halt updates just because a certain feature may clash with it.
  • @Razmael wasn't asking you to halt updates. Was asking for the 'survey' to show the same format across each of the areas :/
  • The survey changed was an update a while back so that the survey of areas could be made more unique. It is something that'll likely be used more and more in the future of new area releases.
  • You ought to be capturing your area from GMCP.Room anyhow!
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    What that guy said.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Is @Galleus back?

I've seen him online a few times now.
  • Anfini said:

You ought to be capturing your area from GMCP.Room anyhow!

@Anfini my system does. MUDBOT doesn't it still uses the survey line and since no one is updating Mudbot and my windows won't let me complie it.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Alexina said:
    Is @Galleus back? I've seen him online a few times now.
    He never really stopped logging in. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Malok
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Oleis hey I was wondering as I need the Tsinkin language now to complete my list of speaky speaks!! Is it still obtainable as I tried a lot of things to get it but to no avail.

• @Riluo, you need the mayor junk pieces to use. I have a couple that you buy from me.

Also, are blue orbs supposed to only have a single charge use?? Ive used many from the chests and many from Mogrov, and they all have a single use. Is this intentional??
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Zsadist - Chest orbs always have seemed to have one use only, but the ones from Mogrov should have 10.... iirc.
  • Where do people bash for gold?