Short Questions

Comments

• When do the next round of liaison reports open for submission?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited September 2015
    @Oleis In line with time requests can we fix the prayer_mat artefact please as it was intended to be a blessing every 2 weeks, now it is absurd and takes weeks to get one. Perhaps make it useable a few times a year instead to keep it functioning as it was made to do. As it stands it is now heavily nerfed :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Custom wings rooms usually have that bug until it's fixed deliberately. Hahaha I used to be able to get into Kiyotan's too with travel abilities.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited September 2015
    Reux said:

https://www.aetolia.com/races-0

Anyone know where higher rez pictures of these can be found?

@Reux Go to here and you can look at his artwork, it is fantastic.

http://cribs.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Trager said:

Having spoken with the jerkface in question, I can attest to Yarel's account of how the scenario went down. He was able to directly portal to Yarel's wing room without trouble, despite being swatted out a few times (that did not dissuade him!). I believe he was under the assumption that it was normal and allowed, as he had just only then returned from a long hiatus. This is just what he's saying, though.

I've fixed it. You shouldn't be able to portal to portal rooms anymore.
    TragerMalokRiluoYarel
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Keroc said:

Trager said:

Having spoken with the jerkface in question, I can attest to Yarel's account of how the scenario went down. He was able to directly portal to Yarel's wing room without trouble, despite being swatted out a few times (that did not dissuade him!). I believe he was under the assumption that it was normal and allowed, as he had just only then returned from a long hiatus. This is just what he's saying, though.

No, no, not me - my friend. But thanks, I'll let him know.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Malok said:
    When do the next round of liaison reports open for submission?
    October.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Malok
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited September 2015
    @Whicheveradmin

How do crystal of elusions work? I cracked one yesterday but don't think any of the 'hood' stuff worked. Am I missing something?

people can still farsee me, and I got no DEF saying anything bout it :/ mega confusing
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Oleis said:

Malok said:

When do the next round of liaison reports open for submission?

October.

Related, when are the remaining reports going live? They're marked as completed/archived, but are not active.

Malok
  • Keroc said:

Trager said:

I would just like to say... KEROC for President 2016!
    Malok
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    He's a filthy 'Strayan, I ain't votin' for him.

(who am i kidding i probs would)
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited September 2015
    Ilyon said:

Related, when are the remaining reports going live? They're marked as completed/archived, but are not active.

I'm finalizing what I want to do with soulrend and fluxus. Once that's done I'll push it to the main servers.
    Ilyon
  • What's being done with fluxus? I'm not seeing a report archived for it.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Mage changes are ever ongoing.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Alexina said:

Yesterday, I just realized how warped my perception of Aetolia's time has become. With the new time system, people reaching age 30 are as old as people would've been before at almost 70. In the past, I'd look at peoples' honours as a way of determining whether they were new to the game or not, but things seem so skewed now. I don't know. Part of me want everyones' ages adjusted, just for ease of comparing, but then I realize that's not something that'd be feasible RP-wise. Is there any way we could get a command that lets us check how old people really are, real-life time speaking? Or maybe a new timeline, as in the last year of the Midnight Years has happened and we're starting up something new because suddenly now time moves at a very different pace. Honours could be something like this:

General:
    She is 242 years old.
    She was born on the 7th of Khepary, year 211 of the Midnight Age.
    She was 240 years old when the New Fancy Age began.

People from the new age wouldn't have that extra line in their honours or something. I don't know. Just something I wanted to ask about but didn't seem big enough to start a new thread for.

In the past, people would raise their children up and have people play them eventually, but now, this is going to take four times as long to be feasible. Just a random observation, realizing that this will no longer be realisticly feasible.

I would really love to see this too. Also - the Engagement on honors. "You have been preparing for the Rites of Unity with PERSON for X Months" Could that be changed to weeks to reflect the new time system or something?

• NalorNalor UK
    edited September 2015
    Any chance to get the HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS updated for crystal elusions to state that on death / logout you lose the defense and take the last 24 hours thing out? as its so false advertising. lol
  • Nalor said:

Any chance to get the HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS updated for crystal elusions to state that on death / logout you lose the defense and take the last 24 hours thing out? as its so false advertising. lol

I'll update it now.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited September 2015
    @dristin @oleis @razmael PLEASE!! Can fix the pray_mat artefact it was created to be usable once per year before time changes and is now nerfed badly and takes several real weeks just to use again.

• @Dristin, are there any plans to put in more merchandise/pets/artifacts into the Vortex anytime soon??
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Zsadist said:

@Dristin, are there any plans to put in more merchandise/pets/artifacts into the Vortex anytime soon??

I have other projects I'm working on at this time, so no. Not at this time.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Is Aetolia and the main website down right now, or is it just me?
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited September 2015
    It's down to me too.

And I was out bashing with chalice and mint and errything.

Ack.

:(
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Razmael broke the world. He's looking into it while I heckle him.

Dristin
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I was bashing too, but the only time sensitive bonus I had was those four minutes of 21 to all stats. Chalice and mint sound worse.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Does anyone know the formulae for determening the strength of a critical hit? I looked at my crit counter recently and it confused me somewhat:
    You have scored 27600 critical strikes!
    You have scored 16675 staggering critical strikes!
    You have scored 10341 crushing critical strikes!
    You have scored 6377 mutilating critical strikes!
    You have scored 11056 annihilating criticals!
    You have scored 72049 total criticals in a total of 100107 attacks!
    Your current critical strike rate is 71.97%!
    The actual rate is slightly inflated due to me missing to change triggers after bashing as new classes and using technique scrolls (currently bashing at 70% crit with grimstim and compendium bonus). However, the numbers for the actual critical strikes are correct, and what stands out to me here is annihilating criticals being more common than both mutilating and crushing critical strikes. Is this intended, or just a result of a high critical chance rating overall?

Somewhat related, does the +1.5% crit strength augmentation just increase critical damage (as in, instead of critting for 50,000, I'll crit for 50,750), or does it make the higher level criticals more likely to occur (annihilatings, mutilatings, crushing, etc, instead of just regular critical strikes).

An answer would be much appreciated!
  • Is the arena deahtsight going to ever get like

AREMA: x has been killed by y.

OR turned back to how it used to, if someone died in arena it showed like your ally dying?

When people die I think combat is happening but turns out its just arena. :/
  • Anyone happen to know how to start the 'honorary Indyuk warrior.' quests as Naartok is looking at me weirdly and it's driving me nuts as only person in the area to talk to me is Anana..

I started it months ago but I know it was changed since then as some of the people was removed. Any ideas will be greatful
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    It is quite possible that since you started it, you have to complete whatever task you were working on last before you can continue. That's why Naartok is silent. He's waiting for you to complete a task and "hear back" from that person how you did on their task.

• Yes @Teani but only person in area is Anana or someone who will reply.. I don't remember what TASK I was doing .. and nothing on quests.

As at time some areas was inaccessible which was months and months ago, likely before Xmas
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Was there a reason that subterfuge illusion is better than mage illusion? I mean, was it changed for combat reasons in the past? For RP, like someone mentioned into the Sanguis thread, you end up having to break a single, simple illusion into multiple lines.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.