Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• there was a typo in that message? i feel so lame for not noticing it
    Keroc
  • I hate that I have to work 6 days a week all the time now. Makes it to where I can't quite do what I want or need to do in my life, up to and including what I want to do on Aetolia.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    LinValenae
  • That I bought a whip proficiency under the assumption you could still use it with Battlefury. o.O I get that the mastery was apparently ridiculous but I was shooting for an awesome Mhun-former-slave driver equipment set this time.

Lin
  • I find it fairly obnoxious that on Aetolia you seem to have to have level 100 and damned near omni-Trans to even be able to do anything in combat. I also don't know why the hell it wont let you use Affinity in Sanguis in an arena. I really want to get into fighting on this game, but the bar for entry seems ridiculously high at this point. Grr.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Angwe
  • It's pretty much the same for other IRE games. Imperian requires tri trans guild skills, trans survival (and if you want to tank physical damage) trans evasion, then trans antidotes for purge, trans constitution for magick damage.

It also requires you to level to get more health. Then there's the edge artifacts give you.

It's just the nature of the game. But one thing you should note above all, is that while End game statpacks definitely help, they don't turn you into a win machine. Understanding combat, your opponents abilities, your own abilities and having the knowledge of when to use them is far more important than either End Game or Artifacts.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited February 2013
    Aetolia is probably the least artifact intensive of all the IRE games actually. Introduction of the ylem amulets, nerfing the Crown, nerfing Knuckles, etc. Artifacts here are small boosts not win buttons and it's great.

It's also ridiculously easy to get endgame these days. Chalices, free chocolates, membership bonuses, events everywhere, ridiculous bashing areas like Tiyen. Anyone with the slightest bit of determination can reach level 100.

As for Affinity not working in the arena, I assume that's to stop people using Affinity bots in FFAs and stuff. It's a hamfisted solution to disable it altogether but you don't want to use Affinity in PK anyways, the minion dies ridiculously fast if you do. Praenomen are pretty tanky even without it.
    Angwe
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Ehhhhh... fight a monk with +3 STR and tell me if you still think they're not win buttons.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Hmm. I think I can get 21 str as Dex. Time to play with monk. :-) 

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    > mfw Dask hadn't tried this before
    Daskalos
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    People who are unnecessarily aloof and rude to well-meaning newbies. Really, guys?
    Angwe
  • Some people have established roleplay as old, respected, feared, I don't consider you my equal type characters. This I support.

Then there are some people who are just dicks.

:<
    Angwe
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    And that's fair enough (although still in danger of scaring truly new newbies away; I almost think it would be better for these types to just ignore them completely unless there's not someone else available to deal with them).  But there are people who give off a distinct air of "I really don't want to deal with you" both ICly and OOCly, and I really don't think that's conducive to helping our game grow.
    AngweFenrirKonnorn
  • Ezalor said:
    Aetolia is probably the least artifact intensive of all the IRE games actually. Introduction of the ylem amulets, nerfing the Crown, nerfing Knuckles, etc. Artifacts here are small boosts not win buttons and it's great.

It's also ridiculously easy to get endgame these days. Chalices, free chocolates, membership bonuses, events everywhere, ridiculous bashing areas like Tiyen. Anyone with the slightest bit of determination can reach level 100.

As for Affinity not working in the arena, I assume that's to stop people using Affinity bots in FFAs and stuff. It's a hamfisted solution to disable it altogether but you don't want to use Affinity in PK anyways, the minion dies ridiculously fast if you do. Praenomen are pretty tanky even without it.
    Well, in some cases artifacts aren't a huge deal. But in others, it does make a huge difference like Lin said. You've got Alexina cranking out 4k damage jpk combos. You can also blame artifacts for certain skills being nerfed into the ground (like mind crush and kai choke) which cause the people using the skills without artifacts to be next to useless. Still, I think the defensive artifacts are a lot more OP than the offensive ones. If someone had +3 health and mana sip, a Luminary or a Vampire could kiss any chance they had of killing them goodbye. It's different for people who have affliction based insta kills like Teradrim relying on bruising, and Syssin relying on venomlocks/truelocks to get either garrotelock or voyria them to death. 

But in general, it is correct to say that Endgame and Artifacts don't make anyone a win button. There's plenty of heavily artifacted endgamers out there who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. The unfortunate part is that they might kill you with sheer damage before you can do very much to them if you're unartifacted. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Illidan said:
    But in general, it is correct to say that Endgame and Artifacts don't make anyone a win button. There's plenty of heavily artifacted endgamers out there who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. The unfortunate part is that they might kill you with sheer damage before you can do very much to them if you're unartifacted. 
    Like me!
    Fenrir
  • I agree.
    Areka said:
    Illidan said:
    Like me!
    Me too!
    Areka
  • Getting people to respond in Bloodloch, just to even ask one simple question, is like trying to pull teeth. I will never understand why people of importance/position of power sit and idle/afk on Aetolia. It's so stupid. It's probably good that we haven't had a huge influx of newbies lately, because with all the questions they'd have and be saying to one of the 95% of people who are afk, they'd probably get bored and quit. Blah.
    LinAmara
  • Malok said:
    Getting people to respond in Bloodloch, just to even ask one simple question, is like trying to pull teeth. I will never understand why people of importance/position of power sit and idle/afk on Aetolia. It's so stupid. It's probably good that we haven't had a huge influx of newbies lately, because with all the questions they'd have and be saying to one of the 95% of people who are afk, they'd probably get bored and quit. Blah.
    I'm going to echo this, but add the lack of RP that occurs there. Any attempts to start interactions with people are usually denied, and it's kinda annoying. For a city with such a large playerbase, and the potential for some really fun RP, it's a true shame it's not emphasized and encouraged.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Malok said:
    I will never understand why people of importance/position of power sit and idle/afk on Aetolia. It's so stupid.
    If said people were to quit the game each time they go AFK instead of idling, you'd be in exactly the same situation (no reply), so I am confused as of why you consider this a problem.

HaydynFenrirTeaniPerilunaAngweIllikaalKiyotanValenae
  • Ilyon said:
    Malok said:
    I will never understand why people of importance/position of power sit and idle/afk on Aetolia. It's so stupid.
    If said people were to quit the game each time they go AFK instead of idling, you'd be in exactly the same situation (no reply), so I am confused as of why you consider this a problem.
    At least you would know for certain who is around and who is not without spamming everyone on CWHO.
    Haydyn
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden

Ilyon
    said:
    Because if people quit because there are few around it's one thing. Then it's a small game with no one around to show its true potential. Too bad, could be great it there were someone around to help.

However, if they see people around and ask question, but never get an answer, it's suddenly a game with unresponsive/unhelpful players, possibly unwilling to bring a new person into the community.

See the difference?

Not at all the image a game wants to project, so I agree, idling is never really a good thing.

HaydynPhoeneciaAngwe
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Ilyon said:
    Malok said:
    The problem is that when you type GWHO or CWHO and see people on the list, as a newbie you'll assume that they're active and paying attention. If said newbie asks a question with that assumption and gets no response, they'll think they're being ignored as opposed to there just not being people around at the time.
    HaydynAmara
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Newbie who has question does GWHO or CWHO. No one is online. Newbie doesn't ask question.

Newbie who has question does GWHO or CWHO. Sees people online. Asks question. Doesn't get answer right away.

Difference in these scenarios? The newbie who asked the question has the best chance of an AFK person scrolling up to see what was said while he/she was AFK. Therefore, question eventually gets answered, and in probably faster time than a message would garner.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Mariena said:
    Newbie who has question does GWHO or CWHO. No one is online. Newbie doesn't ask question.

Newbie who has question does GWHO or CWHO. Sees people online. Asks question. Doesn't get answer right away.

Difference in these scenarios? The newbie who asked the question has the best chance of an AFK person scrolling up to see what was said while he/she was AFK. Therefore, question eventually gets answered, and in probably faster time than a message would garner.

More often than not the newbie has logged out by then if the AFKer has been away for more than 5-10minutes. So while they may have come back and answered it, there's still the likely chance the newbie is gone anyway.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    PerilunaAngweHaydynAmara
  • To me there's just seems to be this culture on Aetolia of how cool it is to be the silent type that never interacts with anyone, because since you're a Vampire you're all silent and badass and dark and brooding. I mean, that's cool and all, but when EVERYONE does it it's not very conductive for a growing playerbase. This game is multiplayer for a reason. And if you tell yourself and others you are a 'leader' and then you sit afk and do nothing all the time, then it's kinda just a completely negative experience for anyone but yourself.

Believe it or not, I, like many of you have played these games for a very, very long time. I think no matter which one of the IRE games you've played, we can all agree that not coming together and making the game -fun- for people other than yourself is very bad for the future of said games. I just think it's sad, because there's so many interesting things that could occur if people would quit being apathetic and put forth the effort to interact and do them.

And all that starts with the little things.
    Haydyn
  • People that rage on an OOC level over being open PK, specifically when surrounded by a Ylem aura. I could understand if it was some novice passing by a leyline not knowing what was going on and being inadvertently surrounded by an aura or something. But if you're known to have voluntarily involved yourself in PK, leylining and the like, then you shouldn't be whining about it, let alone accusing other players of griefing for simply playing the game. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    MalokHaydynEzrax
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I like playing a goofy monster who'll haunt your ass off just 'cause you're interesting.
    Edhain
  • edited February 2013
    Illidan said:
    People that rage on an OOC level over being open PK, specifically when surrounded by a Ylem aura. I could understand if it was some novice passing by a leyline not knowing what was going on and being inadvertently surrounded by an aura or something. But if you're known to have voluntarily involved yourself in PK, leylining and the like, then you shouldn't be whining about it, let alone accusing other players of griefing for simply playing the game. 

I don't really do the PK or ylem stuff any more (or ever, come to think of it, regarding ylem), but you shouldn't flip tables just because you wander through a red zone on the way to a hunt and stumble into an entrenched group. It's one death, guys.

Edit: The formatting is weird for quoting.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited February 2013
    Ezrax said:
    Illidan said:
    People that rage on an OOC level over being open PK, specifically when surrounded by a Ylem aura. I could understand if it was some novice passing by a leyline not knowing what was going on and being inadvertently surrounded by an aura or something. But if you're known to have voluntarily involved yourself in PK, leylining and the like, then you shouldn't be whining about it, let alone accusing other players of griefing for simply playing the game. 

I don't really do the PK or ylem stuff any more (or ever, come to think of it, regarding ylem), but you shouldn't flip tables just because you wander through a red zone on the way to a hunt and stumble into an entrenched group. It's one death, guys.

Edit: The formatting is weird for quoting.
    That wasn't exactly the problem. This person repeatedly extracts lessers/minors on their own, so they definitely know what they're doing. BECAUSE players keep showing up to kill them, suddenly they're being griefed. If you don't want to be PK'd, then stay the f*** in your city. 

And who broke quoting!? 
  • Someone teach Razmael how to cook before Slyphe and I go ballistic. 
    VeritasLinHaydynArbreTeaniIosyneXavin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

This seems appropriate here:

Ingredients

1 kg mutton shanks, sliced
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    2 cm piece of ginger, finely chopped125 ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk, yoghurt or maas
    15 ml (3 tsps) tomato paste
    10 ml (2 tsps) ground mixed masala
    2 sprigs each of mint and coriander leaves
    30 ml (2 Tbsp) butter
    1 onion, sliced
    2 potatoes, peeled and diced
    2 sticks cinnamon
    4 cardamom seeds
    125 ml (1/2 cup) uncooked white rice
    2 ml (1/2 tsp) turmeric
    125 ml (1/2 cup) brown lentils
    5 ml (1 tsp) salt

Method

1. Place the meat in a bowl. Mix garlic, ginger, yoghurt, tomato paste, masala, mint and coriander together and rub into mutton. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
    2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan and sauté the onion until golden brown. Add the cinnamon and cardamom and cook for 5 minutes over low heat. Place the mutton and potatoes in a casserole dish with a lid. Spoon the onion mixture on top. Add salt to taste.
    3. Boil the rice in salted water together with the turmeric for 15 minutes or until soft.
    4. Boil the lentil in salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
    5. Drain both and place the rice then the lentils on top of the mutton. Cover and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1- 1½ hours.
    6. Serve with salad and chutney.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

This discussion has been closed.