Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I rage at two things,

The Nerfing of Carnifex to the point no one uses it besides them who cant afford a second class as its completely CRAP class to use in 1v1 and even team unless you spam skewer... when Templar wasn't even looked at (damage/pretty easy instant kill).

The second rage is this, I'm a POWERFUL Sapivi Praenomen with Audit at:

Type           Defences     Miniskills   Armour       A. Total    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cutting        45%          0%           57%          59%
    Blunt          45%          0%           56%          59%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of Daskalos's reflections wink out of existence!
    Lifting up a resilient braced-handle warhammer, Daskalos slams it into you with numbing force.
    Health Lost: 916, blunt.
    As Daskalos's attack strikes you, a resilient braced-handle warhammer flares and pain fills your
    mind.
    Health Lost: 256, unblockable.
    With a fluid motion, Daskalos switches his grip on a resilient braced-handle warhammer and brings it
    swinging around once more.
    Daskalos mutilates you with a vengeful blow from a resilient braced-handle warhammer.
    You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.
    Health Lost: 779, blunt.
    As Daskalos's attack strikes you, a resilient braced-handle warhammer flares and pain fills your
    mind.
    Health Lost: 256, unblockable.

--------------------------------------------------

AT what Audit do you have to be to be able to stop a 'Templar' from autobashing you to death with 2k damage? and yes Its Dask and his 100000000000000 arties but most Templar with warhammer do this stupid ass damage. I'd feel sorry for them who have a lower audit then I do if it does 2k at one of the highest audits in the game!

end of rage!

PS I also have a blessing

Mastema
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited September 2013
    Heh.

Daskalos mutilates you with a vengeful blow from a resilient braced-handle warhammer.
    Health Lost: 2276, blunt.
    Daskalos gasps in pain as the shadows on your arm spring out, striking at his chest.
    With a fluid motion, Daskalos switches his grip on a resilient braced-handle warhammer and brings it swinging around once more.
    Daskalos crushes you beneath a mighty overhead blow from a resilient braced-handle warhammer.
    Health Lost: 2276, blunt.

That's on 64/64 audit, not entirely sure how it happened (I guess it crit?), but yeah.
    Stathan
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Mastema said:
    Carnifex.
    Wtf?
  • edited September 2013

Oh, this is not directed at you Moi at all, trust me you do a great job with what little the class has to offer. It is instead the class in general, the absolute failure that is its skills. Then there is the fact people join hoping to live by the class’s core structure of “death, carnage and slaughter against the weak”.  Yet we can not delever even one iota that. Indeed, we were built to be the Templers ying to their yang, however you need only look at Gwho to see there are -no true Carnifex- remaining in the guild and there has not been for three-six real months. Instead it has become a Spiran hangout for a combination of other classes.  This is not a reflection on you or the players in the guild, it is instead a product of the inability of the game in general to recognise the importance of fixing the class now rather than stating the soon statement.

Secondly, for a very long time I have been suggesting that the class is unusable because it was nerfed several times and ignored. In fact, I keep being told the same thing:

"I had the class and it was not that bad when I had it. You all need to just learn your skills better." 
                     "You just need to learn to fight, the class is much better than you think, use your hammer it can do 2k+…"
                    "Pfft... your damage in insane you guys can do 1500 with pole spinslashes every 3 secs... etc etc."

Yet funnily enough, the people who now no longer use the class dropped it because it got nerfed to the point you cannot gather enough souls to even use the basic mechanics that the class was built around, or maintain a affliction setup.  Being told it is my fault I cannot do anything with the class is laughable, when every top-tier fighter I speak too says the same thing, that it is pointless fighting as a carnifex as you cannot win 1v1 and team fights consist of skewer/skewer/skewer or hammer throw/hammer throw. Not because it is the best move, but rather because it is the only one. Overall it is just a huge let down by the game in general, NOT the players in the guild, just the game itself (and not our admin really either as they do a good job).  However having said that, it is funny because the soon statement ran its course two years ago and it is just driving away the next generation of players (15-30 years old) when we are not getting ANY form of fixes. I won’t go on but the guild is crap and I see no point in bothering to play, I will just do a Yettave and log on once every few months to give novices my artefact weapons, stock the shop and then log out.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Yeah. Carnifex was guilty of the same thing for awhile. A lot of classes right now are guilty of just raw damage pressure with very little build up and it's because of the issues with audits and artifact scaling. They're working on it, but you're not going to appease everyone. On one hand, they can just downgrade Templar to the point of what happened to Sentinel, which means another class goes unused until a revamp happens two years later (not the fault of the admins, since they lack a dedicated coder) or they can go the way of Bloodborn, which is to say let it be in a state of borked craziness until artifacts can be scaled down and fixed.

My advice? Find something else in the game that you enjoy besides PvP. It's likely to be broken for awhile, sadly.
    Well, I'm sorry you dislike how the guild is (regardless of what's causing it, that's what your statements are boiling down to), but I thought we had built up more to the Keep aside from just the skills. I'm dismayed that is not enough to keep people engaged, and that you don't think the guild has RP or identity and is just a bunch of Spireans hanging out. These continual rants really have been upsetting me a lot lately, because I can't fix this stuff and I'm well aware that we are plummeting on topguilds....I suspect partially because people keep complaining about the class on forums. If people think the guild itself doesn't have a strong identity, well at least that's something constructive to work with, I guess, so I'll work on improving that.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Moirean said:
    Well, I'm sorry you dislike how the guild is (regardless of what's causing it, that's what your statements are boiling down to), but I thought we had built up more to the Keep aside from just the skills. I'm dismayed that is not enough to keep people engaged, and that you don't think the guild has RP or identity and is just a bunch of Spireans hanging out. These continual rants really have been upsetting me a lot lately, because I can't fix this stuff and I'm well aware that we are plummeting on topguilds....I suspect partially because people keep complaining about the class on forums. If people think the guild itself doesn't have a strong identity, well at least that's something constructive to work with, I guess, so I'll work on improving that.
    Wouldn't let it get to you, Moi. The Sentinels took a massive hit in terms of population when a lot of our previous changes went in. It doesn't mean that there's anything negative about you or the guild's identity. Quite the contrary, I hear good things about the Carnifex.
    MastemaTrigruBufordAngweArenSetnePeriluna
  • edited September 2013

Yeah but is not your fault, it is the class in general, it is just broken and the moment a novice asks me why is the guild full of non-carnifex it drives the issues home further. For example not even a week ago I spent 3 hours with a novice and the end result was, "This is stupid, why bother if the skills are this bad."

So do not think it is your responsibility to take on the burden, it is the way the class was mishandled over the last few years and not your doing. At least the guild now has players, before it was just Yettave, -insert random alt gathering lines- and me in it. However, I can see it might upset you given all the hard work you put in, so I am sorry. But again it is not your doing it is the failure of the class skills and how it has been mishandled.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited September 2013
    Lol drunk posting.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Stathan
  • WHO CARES ABOUT TRIPTRYCHA CABALISTS NEED BUFF
    Carnifex are getting reworked very soon(tm), so at least there's light on your horizon. Cabalist though, you're SOL.
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Event running and code fixes are not handled by the same systems, let alone the same people.  There is literally nothing that the vast majority of the volunteers in the Pools can do concerning class imbalances. It's very disheartening to see the two topics being lumped together with one poisoning the other.

I suppose this constitutes a rage post - how unprofessional. :(
    EzalorXavinVidgetTrigru
  • My bad, I was super drunk and in a bad mood. Why the hell I was on the forums is beyond me. I still really love you guys.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• That Core game. Just..meh. Everyone felt pretty put out by the way that game was coordinated ability wise.
    StathanAlexinaDaskalosInfinArenEzalorIsonSessizlik
  • Maghak said:
    Event running and code fixes are not handled by the same systems, let alone the same people.  There is literally nothing that the vast majority of the volunteers in the Pools can do concerning class imbalances. It's very disheartening to see the two topics being lumped together with one poisoning the other.

I suppose this constitutes a rage post - how unprofessional. :(
    You know I was just kidding, right? :( You guys are awesome. Especially Maghak, because Maghak is STRONK.
  • Getting the go fuck yourself vibe >.>
    I wasn't telling you to fuck off. I was saying that I understand that you don't like playing right now, and that I can handle shop stuff until you enjoy playing Mastema more.
  • edited September 2013

I have been coping flack all day from people so please ignore me as it was not directed at anyone person in particular, still thank you for clearing that up with the shop comment. I did not let it sink in due to all the crap going on IG with people so I am hoping that anyone getting a mouthful from me today will tell me to politely shut up and leave it at that.

• Aetolia needs more shops. Or auction out the ones with inactive owners/that has been closed for some reason.
    Phoenecia
  • them shops normally get auctioned but the ones with inactive people which are still opened normally have someone else running them as long as the 'taxes' are paid, its opened for business!

• A marketplace style option would be nifty.

Rented stalls for 3-5 year increments, less shelf space then a traditional shop, no option to decorate or customize the space. 
    imageimage
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I actually do wish there were more available shops, particularly in Delos since it's thematically the best place for trade, since it's kind of rare for people to sell their shops once they get one. It'd also be kind of nice if all the Refugee Camp shops either got moved somewhere nicer, or if the Refugee Camp got turned into a town or something to make the location more desirable/profitable.

I'm also kind of disappointed that there haven't been any more of those artifact market stalls up for grabs as auction items or anything like that since those are especially lucrative. (And I just really want one) >_>
    SessizlikPeriluna
  • If they would just put in a TRADE command - IE trade 50 gold to bob for 50 lung_slice - people could be their own daggum shops, sittin in Delos and hawking their wares.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    rage...  I am hating the way that players who are game age 21 and below are being treated.  I mean we have no way of knowing if said player is brand new to the game or is an alt and yet people seem to be pushing them off to the side and trying their hardest to stop them from getting anywhere...

its annoying, I really wish there was a rule that those who are novices cannot be stopped from joined groups and what not no matter how much a group of individuals push ICly not to have that person join.  

Its called retention people....and we need more new players and not just the same people alting off to build our character base!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Phoenecia said:
    I actually do wish there were more available shops, particularly in Delos since it's thematically the best place for trade, since it's kind of rare for people to sell their shops once they get one. It'd also be kind of nice if all the Refugee Camp shops either got moved somewhere nicer, or if the Refugee Camp got turned into a town or something to make the location more desirable/profitable.

I'm also kind of disappointed that there haven't been any more of those artifact market stalls up for grabs as auction items or anything like that since those are especially lucrative. (And I just really want one) >_>

I know at least some of the shop owners in the refugee camp use the shops as storage or keep them for sentimental reasons. I have asked around if anyone would be willing to sell, even though I know it's a spot that noone visits, but no. They want their storage/sentimentality. I don't have anything against the people who do it, per say, it just annoys me that there are unused shops and people wanting shops and things don't add up.

Delos could use an expantion, if you ask me. It's a central spot and since there's pretty much nothing but shops and the arena, I've Always viewed it as a Commerce city. The refugee camp just needs an overhaul in general. Noone goes there, as far as I know, unless they are perhaps looking for foci. Shops has even been closed down completely.

I -would- like to suggest a limit as to how many shops a single character can have, but I have been told that most people who have 2-3-4-7 shops run Guild/city/order shops. I suppose nothing can be done about that, but we still need more shops! Or, like Phoenecia said, more market stalls. I also like the idea of rented stalls, even if this would mean I couldn't pimp out my shop the way I want.

Man, I've had and lost a Delos shop 3 times now. I still want another. :(

Also @Macavity - pretty darn sure I know who you are protesting on behalf of, and I think you might want to learn more about the situation before escalating it like this. 99% certain it's a personal thing (I got to hear an earful earlier about it, and trust me, there is more to this story) - Aetolia's community is right now, if anything, the most receptive, welcoming and helpful to newbies as I've ever seen it in my near-decade of playing.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Moirean I could care less about what the whole story is and does not even pertain to my rage.  I am also not protesting on behalf of them either, I have seen a number of individuals treated differently just for a simple mistake and then even casted out of city, house, guild, order or what have you and then shut out by a large community on that side, almost forcing the person to switch sides or qq and leave forever.  I also say side because I have seen it from both sides over the years I have been in the game.  Yes the paradigm shift to assist novices has been positive, and I LOVE the work the Pools have been doing and continue to do to make the Novice experience much more enjoyable and educational.

This is simply my rage and not a means to escalate it, if I wanted to do that, I would issue people and let the admin sort it out.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Bug #8722   Reported by: Daskalos
    2013/09/21 14:33:33: ... I just claimed the Ivory Bought and it says 'the Ivory bought has nothing that is drinkable'. Now, I know the Bough was last held by @Moirean, so that's probably why it's broke now

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Daskalos said:
    Bug #8722   Reported by: Daskalos
    2013/09/21 14:33:33: ... I just claimed the Ivory Bought and it says 'the Ivory bought has nothing that is drinkable'. Now, I know the Bough was last held by @Moirean, so that's probably why it's broke now
    She drank it all being from Spinereach and all :P . lol 

Aarbrok
    Yeah Bough is bugged, sometimes it has 50/10 sips sometimes it has none. I think it's something like it bugs to 0 sips if it's dropped by the bearer or relinquished.
This discussion has been closed.