Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited July 2013

Edited because I have something more grumble worthy!

Grumble grumble! Artisanals and bardics! I am chewing on my nails in anticipation over here!

Lin
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I'd say that when you're tired of Aetolia and you feel like there's nothing to do, take a break and retire your character for a bit. There are other IRE games that, while they may not have the same standard of roleplay as Aetolia, you'll find people with the same ability and drive to roleplay. Ithaqua in Imperian comes to mind as there's a few Aet-quality roleplayers there. 

I think one of the worst things someone can do is to remove their character from an org, sacrificing all they've accomplished, and throw them to the opposing side. It's a very large sacrifice for something that may not even work out and if it doesn't work out, you're left in a worse position than you were previously. Alting is probably preferable in this situation, but people generally don't like being endgame with skills maxed and a few artifacts to suddenly being tiny and what have you. Anyway, just my two cents.
    EmelleZaephlyn
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Ezrax said:
    This is when you hop back to Undeath and pretty-please ask to be a vampire again, whereupon you coupbre a House and/or Bloodloch.
    Ugh, no.  I am SO finished with being a vampire (finally) and still having no interest in Bloodloch.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Third time submitting my aetherstaff to be customized, because the darned thing keeps decaying on me!

• Same thing happened on Nyrus last time I logged in. Aetherstaff decayed before it could actually make it through the queue :(
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Emelle said:
    Actually leave my house/haven to try and find RP.

Everybody flees.

/qq
    I was actually planning on harassing you for a moment, but Sessi needed sleep and I got distracted when she was sleeping.
  • edited July 2013
    H:2668 M:2899 [eb]ql
    [ INFO ]  -                 
    [ INFO ]  -  Socket got disconnected. Unknown error
    [ INFO ]  -  connection time: 00:06:36.053

[ INFO ]  -  looking up the IP address of server:aetolia.com:23 ...
    [ ERROR ] Host name lookup Failure! Connection cannot be established. The server name is not 
    correct, not working properly, or your nameservers are not working properly.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Sometimes it's really hard to get some RP going, so I understand some people's frustration. I also know that some people are uncomfortable chasing others around to get some RP. It's kind of like Telemarketing, calling people up trying to sell something they might not be interested in.

I got very little response even the week before I had to go on my trip and since then I feel like I've completely dropped off the RP grid. It's hard to get back into things when others have so completely moved along with their own RP things even after such a short time away. Especially when so few actually respond to my greetings. <.<

Trying to get to grips with what I want to do with my character and drawing a blank doesn't really help either. (Tips and ideas are welcome!) Three more weeks of work from Wednesday, then I'll be back, somewhat. We'll see what happens then.

• edited July 2013

I'll be gone the 19th-23rd, out of wifi range of anything. I'll be with family, and it's voluntary, but there's only so many scrabble games and books I can read before I start twitching. That said, I really miss going up to the cottage on a regular basis in the summer. It's quiet, by a lake, great for naps. And scrabble, and more recently Catan.

And mice.

And mice.

edit: no mice, one dead bat, lots of ants. Also, upon my return, I realized this was on the wrong thread?

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Teani said:
    Sometimes it's really hard to get some RP going, so I understand some people's frustration. I also know that some people are uncomfortable chasing others around to get some RP. It's kind of like Telemarketing, calling people up trying to sell something they might not be interested in.

This is the best explaination I have ever heard.
  • I hate not being able to post fun RP logs because the contents might be meatgamed.
    RouxArbre
  • Can't agree with the above more. I hate that I feel like I can't share things that I find terribly exciting or amusing because they'll be metagamed.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Post it in a few weeks/months when it won't matter! :D
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Iosyne
  • Dead end in the gardens.
    The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. A homemade shrine to Auresae has been erected here, flickering brightly. Angel by his side, a youthful priest stands vigilant here. Angel by her side, a budding priestess is at the ready here.
    You see a single exit leading southwest.
    H:3293/3378 M:3340/3340 B:24720 W:15600 E:13926 [csdb] [eb] -- Night Exp:36.95%
    The kidney slice has cleared your system.
    H:3293/3378 M:3340/3340 B:24720 W:15600 E:13926 [csdb] [eb] -- Night Exp:36.95%
    Your skin begins to slowly smolder and char beneath the assault of sunlight.
    Health Lost: 349, fire.

Arglebargle.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I think that always happens after dawn hits but before the next day message ticks. Just watch out for those messages rather than the stuff the room says, unless it's something like night which is meant to overcome the sun effects.
  • Cheesecake, not cheese cake.

imageimage
  • I don't know why you guys try to organize RP. Roleplay is just a thing that happens organically. You don't call up your buddies and say, 'All right, I'll pretend I am trying to eyeball your girlfriend and you need to get all offended, okay? Meet me at the Inner Gate at 8pm EST.'
    Of course not.  We'd just say to meet at the howling so we don't have to fight timezones. Duh.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I just send tells that say "Hey got a moment." Initiate RP, if it opens up something then we can work on planning larger scale stuff.  Alot of times I just find places where people are congregating or I see people standing alone, and say Hi...

Although in groups I do get intimidated still, im getting better though.  But yeah, that can help sometimes, also bring props, its always something good.  Start crafting interesting things to spark conversation it helps alot.
    Zaephlyn
    I give people no vote on going bashing with me, and then end up in TBF when I get bored with it and force them to emote at me.
    Jasline
  • I've been a victim of the aforementioned forcing of hunting, and it didn't kill me. (maybe a few times)

Tyrai
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Oh Enorian, you make me /headtodesk
    PhoeneciaZaephlyn
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited July 2013

People being catty. C'mon folks.. :(

Edit- Sorry! This was meant for the non-Aetolian thread. Can someone move it?

Zaephlyn
  • I had some fairly low key dramatic RP that hit me way, way harder than anything in Aetolia has any right to. I'm starting to think I've invested too many of my own neuroses into my character because no awkward fictional conversation should leave me feeling that emotionally dead.

It's really bothering me.
    Zaephlyn
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'm sorry, @Yusri. :(
    Yusri
  • I don't think you get to apologise for my poor decision to have breakdown RP at 5am!
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Stepping in to submit a new artisanal for july only to notice the previous submission is not there. No idea what happened, if I just didn't submit it or if it fell out or whatever. It's really annoying. :(

• I love being called a bitch ooc by someone I've never even spoken to. Classy.
    DaskalosAarbrokAlistaireAngwe
This discussion has been closed.