Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• RhoRho
    edited April 2013

Moirean said:
    Eh, there is a limit with how much you can buck trends. I understand diversity, but why would you want to join a guild like Carnifex and then actively display no interest in bringing death, or play as a Sentinel who actively hates and tries to destroy the forests. Those are core guild traits and it kinda comes across as trollish (or at least a headache for guild leadership) to try to go against that. If you are going to try something radically different from the guild's outlook, I'd say make sure it's played out VERY well, to ensure it doesn't just come across as "lol I'm in your guild but flagrantly against everything you stand for."
    I certainly..didn't mean to imply playing characters like that at all. And I'm not sure how 'radically' different at least one of my examples was, as I know quite a few Syssin past and present who didn't play it like the stereotypical sort. The examples you gave are pretty radical compared to the two I had (edt) at least to the extent of HOW different they are. I think a Carnifex who didn't have the urge to KILLMAIMSLAUGHTER all the time would be fine, etc.

EmelleErzsebet
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I wasn't sure what extent you were talking about. I think the only real ground guilds have to be intolerant of character outlooks is when that outlook goes against the guild's view/RP itself (and in some cases, if played well, you can even make that work). That being said, it might be tricky to discern between a player trying to force RP on you, and a player who thinks their character is just upholding the ideals of the guild, especially if the person is new/inexperienced with leadership. 
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Moirean said:
    Imho, a good way to handle a more unique take would be portraying it as a journey, like a Luminary overcoming a fear of fire over time.
    Arb was an Auresian afraid of fire for awhile.  That was fun.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    God your signature @Arbre.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    IosyneMoireanLinSeirHaydynAlastair
    I want his hat. I would wear the shit out of that.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Not gonna lie, I'd rock that hairdo, too.
    Erzsebet
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Oh.....we were discussing what he was wearing. 
    Yeah, thats aight.
    Moirean said:
    I want his hat. I would wear the shit out of that.
    ...sig says don't cuss.  First thing Moirean does?
  • edited April 2013
    Not entirely sure if it goes into here, but dovaking™ RP. Xiuh's rp is all about killing, eating and breeding at a drive level for why he does most everything. On top of that, in the sentience level he's the sworn weapon of Arion. Arion is gone now. Since Damariel has his essence, Xiuh's natural instinct is to become his weapon. Xiuh enraged Damariel to see if he would give him an order to go off and die or the like. Just got zapped a few times. Since the last order he got was from Arion to await his return, he's tenatively joined Iosyne to see if she's as destructive as he is. So far there's been very little from Iosyne, but so far it's only a tenative stay. 

Below that on the drive level of breeding, it's impossible for me to really get the full use out of being on the shadow side. Given that Teradrim, who seem really fun, are undead required and BB are vampire required. Without the aid of an active God to serve as a weapon, there's nothing that would make him as a character become undead, even let's say at the cost of getting kicked out of his city and guild. 

On top of that the entire tethering of cities boo Sheetz™. I understand that some classes are like ZOMG DON'T MIX TWO KINDS OF MILK OR YOU'LL GO RUNNING DOWN THE STREETS FASTER THAN PRYOR ON FIRE. However, some of the living spirit classes are really fun in the sun. I'd love to have all that OPness as a sentinel and shaman. Just take my money aetolia and give me bacon™. I also understand that woah, if I want those classes all I'd have to do is leave my city. However, refining becomes ENTIRELY USELESS WITHOUT BEING IN A CITY. So do A LOT OF RANDOM THINGS. Why cities gotta be so damn important and Sheetz™. I either don't be in a city or have to mooch off them in some form or another to an EXTREME level because of the trade skill rework. Even more so now that the player base, at least to me seems to be shrinking. I'd think they'd want to work on more I N D E P E N D E N T (do you know what that means man) options for the remaining players than grouping them all together to force co-operation. 

So to sum that all up, the restrictions being put on a game that, while I can understand some from an RP perspective. There is still this huge infuriating part of Aetolia advancing in a direction that I see as detrimental to the current game environment. 

Also the fact that I made Xiuh to be well, Xiuh as a whole. Maybe I should have been one of those deaf-mutes, hell add blind and I'd just be RPing Anne Frank. Just being an all together extremely aggressive character seemed like a good idea, however that was like my last year or two in highschool. A lot of options for him are closed that otherwise wouldn't have been, so the character as a whole seems to be at the end of the funcycle. Then again, having put together a really good computer I'm also getting away from the 2D and more into the eyefinity triple display gaming.
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    Maybe I should have been one of those deaf-mutes, hell add blind and I'd just be RPing Anne Frank.
    You mean Helen Keller.  Anne Frank was the Jewish girl with the diary.
    XiuhcoatlAarbrokSaritaAldricAlastair

(Yes I know what that means)

(also, don't need to be undead to get Teradrim)
    Xiuhcoatl
  • edited April 2013

Arbre said:
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    Maybe I should have been one of those deaf-mutes, hell add blind and I'd just be RPing Anne Frank.
    You mean Helen Keller.  Anne Frank was the Jewish girl with the diary.
    No, pretty sure I mean Anne Frank she was AAAAAH, till the miracle worker showed up to knock some smarts into her. She was deaf dumb and blind. 
    Alastair
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I don't know dude, I read your rant and I wanted to give you serious advice, but then it just kept going and I was like

EmelleSeirIllikaal
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    This, kids, is why you don't do drugs.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Alastair
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I didn't like @Xiuhcoatl at first. Now? I'd be really sad if you quit.
    Aarbrok
    I really hope he doesn't go. He's so random and funny and he's a PK buddy. D:

• But the deaf and blind girl was Helen Keller, not Anne Frank.. Anne Frank is, as Arbre said. Jewish girl with the diary. 

._. I'm becoming surprised by the increasing amount in which these two get mixed up, for some reason.
    It's cuz they'd both be Beliebers. 
    RivasEmelleAarbrok
  • @Xiuhcoatl is thinking of Anne Sullivan, Helen Keller's teacher.

Then again, I still maintain that Xiuh = image

...so who knows?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

AngweAryanneAldricIllikaal
    WHY DOES EVERY OTHER PAGE OF THIS THREAD HAVE TO HAVE GARY BUSEY ON IT D:
    LinAldric
  • IF YOU CAN THINK OF A BETTER PERSON TO DESCRIBE XIUHCOATL THEN I'D LIKE TO HEAR IT

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion

Moirean said:
    WHY DOES EVERY OTHER PAGE OF THIS THREAD HAVE TO HAVE GARY BUSEY ON IT D:
    RivasAlastairLin
  • H:6527 M:6295 E:22465 W:26380 <csdb|eb lr> 100 0
    You bare your teeth and your claws lash out at Marcello Relovec.
    You nimbly smack into him with your paw, cuffing him.
    Damage done: 1088, blunt.
    Marcello Relovec throws his head back and laughs sadistically.
    Left Hand Balance Used: 2.70 seconds
    Damage done: 872, blunt.
    As your attack strikes Marcello Relovec his eyes flare and you blackout as your mind is filled with pain.
    The final blow proves too much for Marcello Relovec, who expires, pitifully.
    --> You appear to have caused an untrapped error in the code. Please don't execute this command again right now.

:
    Your soothing howl strikes Sion.
    Equilibrium Used: 3.00 seconds
    :
    The serum heals your wounds.
    -Sip
    :
    You feel your health and mana replenished.
    -Kidney
    :
    You remove 1 kidney slice, bringing the total in the cache to 1317.
    :
    Marcello Relovec waves a hand and a wave of energy spreads through the room. You are struck down by the wave.
    :
    You are no longer stunned.
    :
    You have recovered balance on your left arm.
    :
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    :
    Marcello Relovec waves a hand and a wave of energy spreads through the room. You are struck down by the wave.
    :
    You are no longer stunned.
    Your senses return to you as the blackout ends.
    H:6765 M:6999 E:22029 W:26388 <cspdb|eb lr> 100 0
    <Aff> prone
    You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.
    H:6765 M:6999 E:22029 W:26388 <csdb|eb lr> 100 0
    <Cured> prone
    You are again able to use a healing serum.
    +Sip
    H:6765 M:6999 E:22019 W:26388 <csdb|eb lr> 100 0
    Your soothing howl continues to pour from your throat, hitting no one.
    The howl echoes back to hit you.
    Your invigorating howl continues to pour from your throat, hitting no one.
    The howl echoes back to hit you.
    H:6765 M:6999 E:22119 W:26388 <csdb|eb lr> 100 0
    You are not fallen or kneeling.
    H:6765 M:6999 E:22119 W:26388 <csdb|eb lr> 100 0
    Damage done: 0, blunt.
    The final blow proves too much for Marcello Relovec, who expires, pitifully.
    You have slain Marcello Relovec.
    Experience Gained: 4453 (Bashing) [total: 1858102]
    Many golden sovereigns spill from the corpse.
    Left Hand Balance Used: 2.70 seconds
    Ahh, I am truly sorry, but I do not see anyone by that name here.
    H:6765 M:6999 E:22104 W:26388 <csdb|eb -r> 100 0
    The kidney slice has cleared your system.
    +Kidney
    H:6765 M:6999 E:22104 W:26388 <csdb|eb -r> 100 0
    You have recovered balance on your left arm.
    H:6765 M:6999 E:22148 W:26396 <csdb|eb lr> 100 0
    Sion
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    General:
    He is 75 years old.
    He was born on the 3rd of Slyphian, year 313 of the Midnight Age.
    He is ranked 208th in Aetolia.
    He is an Envoy of Malice in Bloodloch.
    He is a Searcher of Horizons in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    He is considered to be approximately equal to your might.
    Fame:
    He is an honorary Indyuk warrior.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:'(
    They told you not to execute that command.  You got what you deserved.
    AlastairIosyne
  • I love how with all the people on here, I'm the only guy that got @Xiuhcoatl's Clerks 2 reference. What utter scrubbery.
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
    Aarbrok
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I also got it, but... was still too deeply disturbed.
    LinAlastairIllikaal
  • Giving out Sect members' names on Market. Really, c'mon...it's SUPPOSED to be secret. You'd think the Sect NPCs would get pissed and punt-a-douche by now.

SeirDaskalosIllikaalArbreTza
    I don't think he's giving names out. He's saying "I wanna duel sect members AND these various other people."
    Xiuhcoatl
  • Moirean said:
    I don't think he's giving names out. He's saying "I wanna duel sect members AND these various other people."
    If it is who I think it is, he did it right when the sect came out, outing a whole bunch of people.

Illikaal
  • edited April 2013
    Feeling like I'm in a bit of a lose-lose situation with a guild project currently. If I just do it myself, it will get done, but it's not giving people opportunities to join in the fun, play along, etc. and that's not cool. Getting other people to help, though, is just resulting in a crazy amount of delays and irritation generally.
This discussion has been closed.