Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• edited March 2013
    There were reasons why he couldn't. It was part of the whole theme of the roleplay I was trying to kickstart. Not once, but twice even. I guess I'll have to come up with another theme.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I guess I'm posting here instead of the OOC rage thread because there are a lot of IC reasons why I am, but I think I'm just calling it quits (for a little while) on Aetolia. My depression is worsening and the game isn't really helping it, and I feel like the avenue of RP I wanted to delve into was forcibly blocked off, even if unintentionally. Right now, I'd rather focus on work, and on improving as an artist.
  • I'd totally help your depression if I could ever find you on AIM when I randomly log in once in a blue moon!
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Dr. Hadoryu in the house! Have a seat on his desk.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    HadoryuArbreAldricEmelleErzsebetPiper
  • WTB Time Machine to go back in time to witness many things, the desk included.
  • Didn't realize you were a chick.

How you doin'?

RiluoAmara
  • I meant SEE the desk! Witness! Not experience!

:<<<<<<<<<
    HadoryuRiluo
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited March 2013
    Nevermind. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • TzaTza
    edited March 2013
    The fact that elds are aggro and people apparently never kill them. The fact that I'm squishy. :S
    Kiyotan
  • I see you the squishy.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • "ANNOUNCE NEWS #2103
    Date: 3/7/2013 at 13:56
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: February Artisanal/Bardic results

Unfortunately, there will be no awarding of prizes for the February
    Artisanals due to neither of the entries adhering to the theme set for
    the contest during that month. The Artisanal entries that were submitted
    for February have been automatically resubmitted for March. There will
    be no theme for the March contest."

I just need to ask... What is considered a historical event and why couldn't we be allowed to interpret the picture as we wish?

• I would interpret "historical event" along the lines of "something that made an Events post", personally. Not just "something that happened once IC".

(Disclaimer: I neither participated in this month's Bardic/Artisinal competition, nor do I know about ANY of the submissions. I just think I know everything.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Konnorn
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden

Rivas
    said:
    I would interpret "historical event" along the lines of "something that made an Events post", personally. Not just "something that happened once IC".

(Disclaimer: I neither participated in this month's Bardic/Artisinal competition, nor do I know about ANY of the submissions. I just think I know everything.)
    Would you include things mentioned on the website news section as well, I wonder? These are, after all, noteworthy enough to be advertised.

• Yeah sure, why not. I'll allow it.

• I did use an event that was in the events news section and it was still shot down. Makes me a wee bit upset, since the way I draw, based on my skills, doesn't seem to be good enough to be considered to be based on the event. I didn't do a war scene or anything like that. Perhaps that's the problem.

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I wrote a bardic about landmarking. It's the oldest thing I could remember (besides Rivas' social life). 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    RivasArbre
    My (Irea's) picture was based on an event from the website news posts. Rather recent, but still. I'd say the Delosian Brawls have made an impact in the game despite it being rather new.

My (Irea's) bardic was about the destruction of Thera.

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I don't think I would consider the Delosian Brawls historic by any means. Not yet, anyhow.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Yeaaah. Historic Conflict makes me think of the Mit'olk vs Githani, or the destruction of Ashtan, or Elene vs Hado's peen.
    Rivas
  • Mine was about the Chapel garden prison. I'd like to call that a place of conflict, but hey, perhaps it's just cause Konnorn is a Squissin. It was in the events section of the news board, it's for honorlines, meaning it's conflict and such. Not sure what I did wrong.

• does anyone remember the theatre play put on by the mhuns that the goblins trashed with their invasion?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • I hate that all these brawls and tournaments are always scheduled around the howling, preventing me from participating :( I understand the reasoning for it, but some variance would be good.

AmaraRiluo
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Just don't sleep, Ilyon. Just. Don't. Sleep.

DharAlistaireAldric
  • Ilyon said:
    I hate that all these brawls and tournaments are always scheduled around the howling, preventing me from participating :( I understand the reasoning for it, but some variance would be good.
    Don't I know it. Each time I read a post announcing an event I'm like "oh hey, cool!" and then I come to the 'scheduled to be around the howling' line.... and I start wondering if I'll ever get to see a single event in the next couple rl years. Probably not.

If at least it was a Friday Howling or Saturday Howling.. but it always is a Sunday Howling.
    RiluoKonnorn
  •  Feeling like I just. don't. freaking. get it.

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Game-related stress.
    imageimage
    Calipso
  • That every time I see Aarbrok's name I see this. image
    AngweIllikaalDharRhoPerilunaNolaAldricChakrasulKiyotan
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    People calling Aarbrok 'Aarb'.  Especially when I see this:

(Dion an Duir) Someone says: Target: Aarb.

When stuff is flashing by, you don't notice the second a, you just panic.
    People taking their sweet time responding to things in the game. It's especially frustrating when you notice said people around every day, and still hear nothing, feeling like it's up to you to push even more.

PhoeneciaAngwe
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Teani said:
    People taking their sweet time responding to things in the game. It's especially frustrating when you notice said people around every day, and still hear nothing, feeling like it's up to you to push even more.
    This. So much. I find it really frustrating and stupid that some people take forever to decide on something when being prompt is way more important and courteous.
This discussion has been closed.