Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited April 2014
    Well I was fighting @Draiman one time at North of Trees and I had weariness, hypochondria, asthma, and just landed hellsight on him. Draiman proceeded to just infinitely fling me until he cured out of the asthma stack. >_> Was frustrating as balls.

It is a balancing issue because of instances like that. It really should have a cooldown or a counter of sorts.

Edit: Maybe not mass cause they do have a valid point in that they have no salve pressure really. (lol 1 second balance loss for mass) I think a cooldown should suffice.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:
    Well I was fighting @Draiman one time at North of Trees and I had weariness, hypochondria, asthma, and just landed hellsight on him. Draiman proceeded to just infinitely fling me until he cured out of the asthma stack. >_> Was frustrating as balls.

It is a balancing issue because of instances like that. It really should have a cooldown or a counter of sorts.

Edit: Maybe not mass cause they do have a valid point in that they have no salve pressure really. (lol 1 second balance loss for mass) I think a cooldown should suffice.
    He was just pre-emptively interrupting your random dry judgement.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

SerriceIshin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Very funny, here's my laugh.

God, this community sometimes. I don't recall being an ass or overly rude anywhere in this debate so far (guess I was). I agreed parts of the skill were a bit too much and offered a solution that I thought we might all could agree with for once in the history of Aetolia. Instead I get shit like this.

I know I'm not right about everything, but fuck me, sometimes talking to anyone in this game is like beating your head into a fucking brick wall.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

IshinMinarael
  • edited April 2014
    Chillllllllllll people. Take a deep breath of that text air.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I don't think it's an attack, bro, but Haven brings up a good point...

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Calipso
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I took it as a lube joke. 
    CalipsoAarbrok
    Toz's comment was. Haven does have a point. Doesn't matter though, nerf the fucking skill all you want. I can just use paralysis and the .01% of the time purity fucks me is completely ok amirite?

• Now just to give an interpretation of this from a thematic point of view. Only reason I like Fling is from the demonstration (and flavor text) it gives of how vampires have supernatural strength. All the abilities in the corpus kit reflect some attribute of Consanguine 'enhancements'  and 'mysterious magicks'.

That's pretty much the only reason I wouldnt like to see Fling gone...unless it was somehow changed that you can fling a mortal a room away or some such.
  • Eh. Everybody here has supernatural strength. They're all ten feet tall with dragon wings, horns, fangs, claws, scales, tails, antlers, and various other animal parts. They fly and breathe fire, run faster than a horse and live forever without food and sleep..

Fairly certain vampires don't get the monopoly on super strength, ha.

AarbrokArekaDaskalosIshin
  • Draiman said:
    Toz's comment was. Haven does have a point. Doesn't matter though, nerf the fucking skill all you want. I can just use paralysis and the .01% of the time purity fucks me is completely ok amirite?
    I'm sorry you took it as a personal attack, but like I told you in whatever clan we were talking in, it was pretty much a joke. I think I've proven a few times I can get properly insulting/nasty when I want to.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited April 2014

After you are flung you have 1.6 secs where the vamp is off balance still, so why not stun them, paralysis or something? Or am I missing something? 

Then again is this just another example of groupthink Aetolia style -insert bandwagon- for the week.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited April 2014
    Because you've just been knocked off balance for an addition 1.86s (2s without speed modifiers) which is basically an extra herb balance. So yes, you are missing something. If you rely on affs or salves or anything that isn't sheer damage, you've just lost a decent-sized chunk of your momentum. And if that gets spammed over and over? Good luck.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

After reading this, and recalling an experience I had where I got spammed out with Fling indoors, I think this is a really good point.

Proposed solution, for future liaisons(?):

Add a cooldown to Fling, and call it thematically that the MOUNT is too tired to endure that kind of activity again.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited April 2014
    Well that does make sense I suppose and cheers. Although I had to ask the question of whether it is the "bandwagon topic" of the week or a real issue. I think a slight cool down might be a good thing as in my offence it is a situational attack NOT a every round attack.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

I think it's the Bandwagon Real Issue of the week, Riluo.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I'm going to have to agree that it seems trolly as all hell. If you just showed me the AB, I would assume it was stopped by mass. Definitely a target for a liaison report this summer.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    We has to wait until summer? :(

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Ashmer
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I try not to make combat changes unless they're caused by bugs or they're legitimately game-breaking. We'll see what happens.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    IshinAshmer

I was going to say, if we're going to just do that, I'll start a list of things. <.<

O wait, that's what liaisons are for.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    After reading the last 20 to 30 comments, I forgot what thread I was in. Does someone want to split it off and maybe move it somewhere like the combat section?
    Ashmer

I RAGE ABOUT THERE NOT BEING A SEPARATE COMBAT THREAD FOR THIS SUBJECT.

There, how's that?

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I think it's a bad habit splitting threads of conversations that seem to have already run their course. It always just seems to fire it up anew and lead to a day or two of it.
    NolaCiarelle
  • Plus it makes me rage. Hard. So then I have to come here and post again!

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

And thus, the cycle continues.

SerriceTozErzsebetAryanneCiarelleHavenJensen
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited April 2014
    People get so mad in and at this game. 

Whether it's preexisting vendettas, feuds, complaints about how something is done, ridiculous rages at how something inherently and totally IC happened and shouldn't have because... reasons, I guess, iunno how people logic it.

This isn't exactly a rage at that, so much as how I can get a bit mystified that it exists. I don't like certain players or characters too, but usually that's solely as a result of them being trollish, pointless, barely IC dipshits.  The rest, even if the general consensus seems to be "Hate them", they're usually not bad with plenty of redeemable qualities. I'll even gossip and badtalk qualities or attributes about them, but usually with a clearly-defined "But that's just me and inherently, there's nothing wrong with how they do it". I don't try to damn or bury people, ruin their fun. I'll tell the person I'm gossiping at to find out for themselves, otherwise they're dumb.

I don't know. I get irritated, eye-rolly, stuff like that, but it doesn't ever leave me in  a worse mood or shaking with rage. I wouldn't condemn almost any of you to a deep and dark hell. I guess I just wish we could all be fweeeeends.

Eh. Even then, despite that, I do get excited when I see something like the Org Leadership has 11 unread replies. Start rubbing my hands together wishing I had popcorn. Forums fights are killer entertainment.

I just like this game, most of ya'll are cool cats, it's fun. My overall advice, were it ever prompted by the general playerbase, would be to relax and let it go.
    HavenAarbrokRaecheJensenNolaAryanneMinarael
  • Draiman said:
    Mr. Hadoryu Jr. 
    wtf man

I rage that no one is making any Aetolian memes anymore.

I so roneri.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Ill make one for you when I get home
    Xenia
    Hadoryu said:
    Draiman said:
    Mr. Hadoryu Jr. 
    wtf man

Tackle man. Tackle.

• Hadoryu said:
    Draiman said:
    Mr. Hadoryu Jr. 
    wtf man
    D-Dad?

oh wait, toz is famous