Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited April 2014

Leadership is a special kind of sauce. If you lack that certain Je ne sais quoi, then will have a dry dish that no one will want.

my rage idiots in guilds that act like that are all that, when they clearly are idiots.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I rage at Riluo's sig bringing me back to early 2000s chat rp and the old MSN sites and part of me wanting to relive it. 
    RiluoIosyne
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Areka said:
    I rage at Riluo's sig bringing me back to early 2000s chat rp and the old MSN sites and part of me wanting to relive it. 
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Riluo
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Needlessly restrictive rulings.
    imageimage
    IshinAreka
  • Damonicus said:
    Oleis said:
    Nalor said:
    Oleis said:
    Nalor said:
    I Rage at the amount of bugs I find a week to get told its not a bug but then still run into the same 'bug'  ... IS IT OR ISNT IT A BUG :(

~:>
    I'm honestly not sure what this means.
    @Oleis I kind of find bugs but I ask other people first so I dont spam the bug system with pointless things and I get told its not a bug but it keeps happening :/ Not a dig at admin but the people who tell me its not a bug when if it keeps happening I would have thought it was one
    I see! Feel free to murder them!

(.. in-character)
    No matter what anyone says, if you think it is a bug... bug it. worst that will happen is Oleis telling you it is not a real bug and maybe a zap or two.
    Literally BUG OLEIS and let me know what happens?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Iosyne
  • edited April 2014

Jayce uses Corpus Fling on you.
    Jayce canters slightly to the side of you and leans over to grab you with both hands as 
    his mount continues to move, using his momentum and supernatural strength to fling you 
    into the air.
    Lacking anything to stop your ascent, you are flung all the way into the sky.

This needs to be stopped by mass. Our entire group was in the air for the entire fight, and there is no counter to it except hope the fight happens indoors.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Indoors is even worse, Cole Train.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Xavin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited April 2014

Cole said:

Jayce uses Corpus Fling on you.
    Jayce canters slightly to the side of you and leans over to grab you with both hands as 
    his mount continues to move, using his momentum and supernatural strength to fling you 
    into the air.
    Lacking anything to stop your ascent, you are flung all the way into the sky.

This needs to be stopped by mass. Our entire group was in the air for the entire fight, and there is no counter to it except hope the fight happens indoors.
    Akirash uses Corpus Fling on you.
    Akirash canters slightly to the side of you and leans over to grab you with both hands as his mount
    continues to move, using his momentum and supernatural strength to fling you into the air.
    Akirash uses Corpus Fling Slam on you.
    Your ascent is abruptly stopped by way of your body slamming into the ceiling, and you fall back
    down to land face-first on the ground.
    Health Lost: 861, blunt.
    Balance Used: 1.86 seconds

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• I've always thought people with wings (flight ability, not the artifact travel wings) should just find themselves flying above the room with no balance lost.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I ACTUALLY...had to tentacle Jami back down. 'cause flight.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Toz said:
    I didbug @Oleis about a REALLY Bad bug which has been around for a few week, but nothing hapened @Toz.

Writhng is broken! I wont say how so people cant abuse it... but its bad bug

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Nalor said:
    Toz said:
    I didbug @Oleis about a REALLY Bad bug which has been around for a few week, but nothing hapened @Toz.

Writhng is broken! I wont say how so people cant abuse it... but its bad bug

Would you send that to me one more time? Either that message got lost in the spam or I just wasn't able to reproduce what you were talking about. No matter the reason, we should both get some closure on the topic.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Ashmer said:
    Akirash uses Corpus Fling on you.
    Akirash canters slightly to the side of you and leans over to grab you with both hands as his mount
    continues to move, using his momentum and supernatural strength to fling you into the air.
    Akirash uses Corpus Fling Slam on you.
    Your ascent is abruptly stopped by way of your body slamming into the ceiling, and you fall back
    down to land face-first on the ground.
    Health Lost: 861, blunt.
    Balance Used: 1.86 seconds
    For some reason I thought this did something else, too. Stun or prone?

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I'm 99% sure that fling was put in after at least a literal year of (mainly me) bitching about channeled insta kills being only stopped 100% of the time by tackle and nothing else with enough passive curing happening. You can blame Dourif for the skill, but considering it's still possible to do such cheap tactics with some Web boots, I'm worried about making a way to stop it like using mass. Vampires are also losing pacifism, so we will lose our other ability to stopped channeled skills and will have to rely on paralysis only, which can s till easily be picked up by purity and leave us in the same situation as The Dourif Judge (c).

Also, run in sentences are cool.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Flay sileris, Feed, You must writhe free of the vampires embrace to do that?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

edited April 2014
    Draiman said:
    I'm 99% sure that fling was put in after at least a literal year of (mainly me) bitching about channeled insta kills being only stopped 100% of the time by tackle and nothing else with enough passive curing happening. You can blame Dourif for the skill, but considering it's still possible to do such cheap tactics with some Web boots, I'm worried about making a way to stop it like using mass. Vampires are also losing pacifism, so we will lose our other ability to stopped channeled skills and will have to rely on paralysis only, which can s till easily be picked up by purity and leave us in the same situation as The Dourif Judge (c). Also, run in sentences are cool.
    I agree with you but at the same time I've seen this skill used as an escape mechanic to indefinitely toss the attacker until the vampire has cured out of whatever was thrown at them... Which is BS in my opinion. The skill needs a counter of some kind or a hefty cooldown like: You are too tired to toss your victim so soon. Slow down muscles.

Edit: Make it like 20-30 seconds or something. Maybe even allow it to be per person: Your target is too aware of your attempt to grab them. Wait some more Leech.
    havenbanner2
  • You can always scare away the mount @Haven. Vamps have to be mounted to use fling last I checked..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Nalor said:
    You can always scare away the mount @Haven. Vamps have to be mounted to use fling last I checked..
    recall mount;qmount stallion;fling Haven
    havenbanner2
  • Daskalos said:
    Flay sileris, Feed, You must writhe free of the vampires embrace to do that?
    Mesmerize/mesmerize, berserking, jab with delph x2, leave the room, fear, agoraphobia, earthmeld, mistform, entomb, confuse/disrupt.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

I'm not a fan of taking 2 steps to stop your one.

You'd be surprised at what disrupt stops and doesn't stop.

Fear only works if they can leave. Same as agoraphobia, which also has other restrictions.

Running is not and should not ever be a valid option to stop a skill Mr. Hadoryu Jr.

Do berserk procs interrupt channels?

Also, I'm not against adding a defense against it, just not mass. Something that is stopped the moment you start a channeled skill, sure. It makes sense that if you do something as dumb as start a channeled skill while I am unhindered that I should be able to easily and immediately stop it.

Ishin
    edited April 2014

But you have one skill that stops it. Paralysis. You're wanting some more surefire way that doesn't require you to work harder? All I have is paralysis or transfix. The thing is, the Judge you refer to isn't even possible anymore because healing rite is gone and care doesn't stack with purity. Be smarter about how you apply your single paralysis and you'll be fine. Mass is a good counter to this, IMO. Forced movement with no defense is never a good thing.

Also, Judge\Cleave\Behead\et al isn't '2 steps to stop your one'. There are multiple checks on these skills. It's not a one shot deal to stop it. Judge has -3- chances to stop it. Behead and the others have 2 I believe.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

It's not even a thing in 1v1 combat, so just set it up so that the Gravity fortification stops getting tossed into the air.

There's a bunch of crazy team things you can do. I don't think this is worth a "we need to balance this" conversation, honestly.

AS A JOKING ASIDE:

I don't see anyone complaining about Leapslash spam at a certain lesser that happened earlier this week, either.

Amirite, Mr. U. R. "Death from Above" @Benedicto? <.<

Ishin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I remember hearing about leapslash complaints before!

Daskalos said:

But you have one skill that stops it. Paralysis. You're wanting some more surefire way that doesn't require you to work harder? All I have is paralysis or transfix. The thing is, the Judge you refer to isn't even possible anymore because healing rite is gone and care doesn't stack with purity. Be smarter about how you apply your single paralysis and you'll be fine. Mass is a good counter to this, IMO. Forced movement with no defense is never a good thing.

Also, Judge\Cleave\Behead\et al isn't '2 steps to stop your one'. There are multiple checks on these skills. It's not a one shot deal to stop it. Judge has -3- chances to stop it. Behead and the others have 2 I believe.

I'm not refering to judge specifically. The only time I even mentioned judge was in my copy righted title The Dourif Judge (c). If people are wanting mass as a defense against the skill then I have an even better and quicker solution for the coders. Delete the skill. Besides a firewall, we have no way to strip mass, and neither Prae or BB can pressure salve afflictions hard enough to make you miss a mass application to reliably pull off a fling.

Also, like I said, paralysis can be picked up by purity.

Dude, I think you misunderstand...

Flinged with mass

Mass Strips

Mass has to be applied again.

It's an in room salve knock you can give someone, that when teaming, especially with a Teradrim, means mass will end up down.

So we go back to mesmerize x2. Like I said, just delete the skill then.

• We also don't know how the paralysis nerf will affect it preventing delayed kills.

Using Fling to stop an insta requires you be unhindered, mounted, et al. If someone's unhindered, and you're still beheading, you have either balls or poor timing. You also give up a venom and a dwhisper in using it to stop an insta. I personally don't even bother with it. Randomly nerfing something like that seems more like nerfing something at random than actually balancing something that needs balanced - just because one person did it successfully one time at a lesser. As I've said in previous posts (and this post may result in a Separate Thread, sorry dudes) I think we have the Nerf Bat(tm) way too readily at hand, and are prone to attempting use of the Nerf Bat to solve issues as opposed to thorough intellectual effort.

I can never tell if these are like serious "we should do this" conversations or just mild speculation, so forgive me if this is the latter. It rings of knee-jerk conversation to me.

RiluoIshin
    edited April 2014

My issue is the balance knock on the skill, especially if done indoors multiple people can do it to you and the balance knocks stack, which means that a well timed group of flingers can throw you off balance for a very long time if they wanted to. Take out the balance knock and I've no issue with the skill - OR- put a cooldown on it so they can't be stacked -OR- just make it respect mass. That's my opinion. Draiman, again, Judge\Behead, at all give you MULTIPLE attempts to stop them. Multiple. And Care\Purity won't fire more than once, at MOST, during a single judge\behead. When someone starts to judge me, I don't even change my offense because paralysis is so high on my aff priority list that it'll get them before they get me if they're actually doing it in the clear. If I'm messed up, well, then I deserve the death.

Edited to add:

(The Quorum): Cole says, "It's not the balance thing that's so dangerous, Daskalos. It's that if you can't fly, you can't do anything other than wait to fall again. And if you fall back down, they can fling you right back up. 1 person kept Dwodin/Jami/me in the air for the entire lesser. Then they tentacled Jami back down, killed her while Dwodin and I were still being flung up, and then killed me while still flinging Dwodin."
    <8421/8421h 6395/6395m 32190e 27900w <eb> <csdb>> <98|84|100|100|5.28%> <16:14:14:704>
    (The Quorum): Cole says, "And it was one or two people doing it, tops."
    <8421/8421h 6395/6395m 32205e 27900w <eb> <csdb>> <98|84|100|100|5.28%> <16:14:20:517>
    (The Quorum): Cole says, "It was like being permanently banished, with no defense against it."
    <8421/8421h 6395/6395m 32205e 27900w <eb> <csdb>> <98|84|100|100|5.28%> <16:14:32:888> clan quorum tell oh, wow
    (The Quorum): You say, "Oh, wow."
    <8421/8421h 6395/6395m 32205e 27900w <eb> <csdb>> <98|84|100|100|5.28%> <16:15:43:924> clan quorum tell that's ridic
    (The Quorum): You say, "That's ridic."
    <8421/8421h 6395/6395m 32205e 27900w <eb> <csdb>> <98|84|100|100|5.28%> <16:15:46:407>
    (The Quorum): Cole says, "Even if they had 2 people doing it."
    <8421/8421h 6395/6395m 32205e 27900w <eb> <csdb>> <98|84|100|100|5.28%> <16:15:50:431>
    (The Quorum): Cole says, "Every time I landed, I got flung right back up. With no coutner."
    <8421/8421h 6395/6395m 32205e 27900w <eb> <csdb>> <98|84|100|100|5.28%> <16:15:58:46>
    (The Quorum): Cole says, "Counter*."
    <8421/8421h 6395/6395m 32190e 27900w <eb> <csdb>> <98|84|100|100|5.28%> <16:15:59:668>
    (The Quorum): Cole says, "Jami had flying so she stayed in the air, but Dwodin and I couldn't do anything except get chain-flung until they killed us one at a time."

You're arguing you need it as is so you can stop instants, but if that's what the skill was designed for, I don't think the above was in the design. With the nerfs to passive healing that have gone on over the last few years, I don't see how this is still needed.

I'm all for removing it's ability to literally fling people into the air and making it -just- prone them, regardless of environment. I think any type of spammable CC is retarded and dumb. The balance knock you can get from multiple flings is also nothing to the lock down of fling/tentacle combo spam, but I agree that it's still a lot and could/prolly should be removed.

Templars could probably spam Cleave with their aff cure aura, a purity necklace, and web boots to the same effect Dourif did it when he was Paladin. No, not as likely as The Dourif Judge (c) when it was originated, but the cleave still worked often enough.

This discussion has been closed.