Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    At the moment there are two shops closed down in the Refugee camp and one that only has 20 items for sale. In Delos there is one shop closed down, one that has a locked door (and it's been locked for a while) and one shop with only 13 items for sale. Maybe it's time to see if those can be sold off to people, since there seem to be so many who want one?

It took Jensen 8 RL months to get a shop in Spinesreach, and that's only because I decided to go actively hunting for one by sending out messages to a few people I hadn't seen about much. Of these, I only got two responses, so I'm guessing the others aren't even around enough to read messages and have friends looking out for their shops instead.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I forge. But usually only when a guildie or someone else asks. Why? 'cause I don't do it for a profit, I do it so my peeps have the best equipment they can probably get, 'cause I have racial + hammer. I also like having it for myself, so I can make myself the best gear. I dislike trusting that kind of thing to other people.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Xenia
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I understand forging is a unicorns...and by no means am I trying to deter anyone from buying from her, because even myself I am probably one of her most loyal customers.  I just get really frustrated sometimes that I can walk through other cities looking for armor and one shop maybe carries standard armor or weaponry, and even then nothing of flavor.  The only place I have seen with a few custom designs is a Vampire House shop in Bloodloch having a couple Consanguine themed armor/shields.

Even just a few Spirean themed weapons or armor would be kinda nice to see, but nothing. Same in Duiran, I remember the Sentinels used to have I think savage ringmail or something a spear and an axe, but that was the only shop there I recall seeing those in, and I stopped seeing those things when Kiyotan left.  I have two crossbow designs, an Ankyril lion crossbow for Spinesreach and a Emerald oaken crossbow for Duiran...maybe I will corner the bow and quiver market >.>
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'm sorry to anyone who feels like I'm avoiding them; I just haven't had the emotional energy to do hardly anything, especially not RP.
    XavinAishia
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I have forging! I need to restock my shops with stuff. They're uh. Pretty much all shiny though. So if you don't wanna sparkle...>.>

My rage: Crafting.

>.>

I love it, and it's very much a disproportionate amount of rage, compared to the ease I've had getting things through the queue, for the most part, but a couple of the rejections are just. Graaaaaah. >.>

Also kinda tired of seeing an excessive flux of 'an ITEMTYPE of ORGNAME' things. Personally, I think the ruling to allow those is one of the stupidest things ever. Since, as a -player- with alts in (or formerly in) every guild in the game, I know....Ve'kahi-Lunare-Voltaire symbolism (for obv. reasons). Spinesreach symbolism (because I participated in the referendum to -decide- current symbolism). And Daru symbolism. (because someone told Erz it was kinda superficially similar to 'kahi symbolism) And half the orgs change them every other week, or every other leader. Any random given character of mine might not even know -those-, depending on their affiliations. No idea that your hat is emblazoned with the symbol of the Atabahi. No idea what the crest on your brooch is -representing-. No idea. None. Only what they are -depicting-. Don't mind so much, a line in the examined saying, 'The cloth is emblazoned with the sigil of the Syssin' or whatever, but in the appearance/dropped lines I find it really annoying. >.>

Also annoying: People who submit things, that -can- look, and have the grammar skills to do so comfortably, but choose to not also look at the rest of the queue. Especially the ones who then whine about time-elapsed for their things in-queue.

imageimage
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I no English good nuff ta order food 'n rage on forums. (I initially gave Jensen the accent because my understanding of grammar is atrocious. If you notice me online and -really- need something approved then message me. I can google what I don't understand and do my part on the queue)
    Ishin
    I do a little bit of approving now and again too! ...unless something's tl/dr, in which case I generally just go 'holy poop' and skip it.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    I get that some people don't utilize grammar well enough to look it over--not saying that these people shouldn't/can't craft because they can't contribute in that way. Just grumbling at the people who ARE capable, who submit things in higher quantities and still don't look at other people's stuff unless they know who it belongs to.

I dunno. I obsess over the stuff in the queue when I have things in it, personally. And I usually try to look through it at least once a day or so unless I'm super busy, to sort of even the field. I put in a lot of designs when I put designs in. Like, sitting on something like 300 designs in notepad files that I haven't put into the game yet. Other people don't put in enough designs when I have stuff in the queue to balance out what I take from the system, I don't feel. So I try to keep just a semi-constant eye on the queue so I can help out. I end up overcompensating for what I take out of it, but I sorta feel like if I -can- help in that regard, I should, because stuff can take a while to get approved if everyone's not ever looking save where they've submitted things personally. I don't expect everyone else to take that mentality, but it -is- frustrating to know whose things are in queue and know they have x, y, and z skills and didn't feel like looking at, at -least- the queue they're submitting into. And though I don't give into it, it's incredibly tempting to just -not- approve their stuff with a if-you-don't-give-don't-take kind of mentality.
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Seems impossible to get a blessing as a Duirani.
    Calipso
    @haern used all his essence on booze
    HaernAarbrok
  • I cannot deny it.
    LinXavin
  • My coffee maker is broke.

What am I supposed to drink now?!

WATER?!
    BenedictoIshinAryanne
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Alcohol
    AryanneDraiman
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate that I'm starting to feel like it's time for a break from Aetolia for a while, and I still have several months before the baby is even born. Whatever am I going to do with all that free time and feeling rotund?

Roll around the house?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AryanneSolaria
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Ishin said:
    Roll around the house?
    Sounds like a good plan!

Ishin
    Savor the last time you'll ever have privacy and peace
    SolariaHavenIshinOleisPeriluna
  • Jensen said:
    @haern used all his essence on booze
    And then gets too drunk to remember to bless.

• GEESH Love being called an "inconsiderate ass" For just bashing an area...

Admin need to make a BIG red sign saying' "XXXX OWNS THIS AREA, SO GET THE F*C* OUT!"

Also pass it to @Ishin too :P (slow basher lol)
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ishin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Nalor: Instead of involving Admin in this, next time just ask the person protecting the area to go visit Morty, the sign maker.

Haven
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited April 2014
    Teani said:
    @Nalor: Instead of involving Admin in this, next time just ask the person protecting the area to go visit Morty, the sign maker.
    Im not involving the Admin.. IT WAS A JOKE aimed at ishin it why I @Ishin so he would see it!! My Rage was someone calling me an 'inconsiderate A-S-S' for bashing!  

I love people who tell me to stop bashing an area as it makes me bash it even more! The one in question I made sure to clear all the areas to be the 'ass'
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • It's hard for me to want to do that work for free -and- pay for the privilege, when I am accustomed to being paid for it from other IRE games. Approving is not fun. It is time consuming to edit properly. So I don't.
    imageimage
    Whaaaat, other IREs pay for approving? O.o
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Nalor said:
    Teani said:
    Im not involving the Admin.. IT WAS A JOKE aimed at ishin it why I @Ishin so he would see it!! My Rage was someone calling me an 'inconsiderate A-S-S' for bashing!  

I love people who tell me to stop bashing an area as it makes me bash it even more! The one in question I made sure to clear all the areas to be the 'ass'
    Pretty sure she meant that as a joke...
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Teani
    It's a bit of a cycle. If we have stuff rejected for certain reasons, and there isn't an official statement made, we'll reject right back - from a human behavior standpoint, it makes sense, even if it can be admittedly a bit vindictive, ie "Why should this be allowed for someone else, if it wasn't for me?"
  • ^That's why I don't touch the queue unless I have to. You don't want this much bitter deciding if you get to have your stupid text-sword or not.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Yes, 4 approvals/rejections = 1 credit. Entrance to a queue requires 100 -approved- designs in that particular design skillset. To ensure that the underloved skillsets don't sit in queue forever, crafters well-known to the admin overseeing were given additional queues to handle. 

@Oleis - That happens -here- now. That will happen regardless of what you do to organize the crafting approval system. That will happen if it's only just admin doing it, but instead of it being about someone's design being rejected and them wanting to be bitter about it, it's admin getting tired of whining and making arbitrary decisions to shut people up that make no sense. But I think expecting people to do something that is at least ten times less fun than building and just as tedious without pay is sort of ridiculous. And yes, it does allow you to filter approvers better, which cleans up the process a lot. 
    imageimage
    Ishin
    Clexx talked to me at length some time ago regarding an overhaul of the crafter approval system that never ended up happening for whatever reason. It is what it is, though. Personally, I don't find that the current system is terrible. It works, with a fairly quick turnaround, and people in clan are usually helpful if you have questions regarding rules, grammar, or whatever else. Exceptions to everything, but in general, I know six people who've gotten multiple designs approved inside the past week--most of them inside 24 hours of original submission. And there's been other things in the queue whose owners I don't know of offhand who've had their things approved pretty quick, too. With few exceptions--usually when people aren't certain about where a rule stands on something, or you run into personal pet peeves (Ex. I will not approve an itemtype of orgname designs. Period. I don't reject them for such because they're not against policy, but I personally refuse to approve those), the turnover is fairly quick--even in the less-used queues.

Frankly, while I'd love to get paid for my attendance to the crafting queue, I don't require it and I don't think it's necessary. Nor do I really consider it work, personally.

Anywho. Rage: Camoflauge. :< THAT SHOULD BE HOW IT'S SPELLED. It's not. This irritates me. To clarify, the crafting rejection over it does not irritate me (I mean, it's wrong and now it's fixed, so yay!) but my brain wants to tell me that's how you spell it. :< For some reason, it makes me grumbly that this is not how it's spelled. Think I need a nap.
    imageimage
    "camouflage" doesn't bother me nearly as much a "colonel"
    ErzsebetAarbrokTeani
This discussion has been closed.