Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• My peeve? Not being able to log in without some player instigated interactions going too far in a general sense.

That's it, that's my peeve. No I'm not going into detail and I'm not going to respond to quotes. That's the point of venting a peeve.
    NebulaFyrren
  • edited May 2021
    Ok so the take away from all these comments is to treat Didi like every other player at a lesser/major. Treat them equally.

Everyone is free to talk in game and defend their allies in shouts, as the shouts are just IC propaganda roleplay, and no one should feel guilty OOCLY about killing her just like every other character at the event.
    JaamirSeurimasSryaenMaira
  • There do not exist, to the best of my knowledge, equivalent 'Paragon of the Light'/'Paragon of the Cycle' fame & titles for citizens of Bloodloch and Spinesreach. Please consider me PEEVED by this.
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    Moxie
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited May 2021
    Edit: Moving it over to the appropriate thread. Long and Short of it: Monk numbness getting the 20 second cooldown kinda made me stop feeling comfortable trying to bash in Monk, with its already low damage output.
    Drystin
  • Collect in apothecary being smart enough to move onto the next corpse after you collect (if you are not using collect x from CORPSES), but harvesting sacs via toxicology requiring you to cycle corpses instead of acting in the same manner.

Give me option to harvest sacs from corpses please.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited May 2021
    You can. COLLECT SACS FROM CORPSES.

STATUS:[129670]|+HE+|+SA+|+TR+|+RE+|+FO+collect sac from corpses
    Kneeling over the corpses of two venenigols, you collect four sacs.

Tsarra
  • Axius said:
    Edit: Moving it over to the appropriate thread. Long and Short of it: Monk numbness getting the 20 second cooldown kinda made me stop feeling comfortable trying to bash in Monk, with its already low damage output.
    Monk damage isn't low. Back when that numbness cooldown first got implemented I didn't like it either but I've since learned to not rely solely on numbness to survive. Make use of transmute, nimbleness, crystal tattoo, shield tattoo, etc. and monk is actually very good for bashing. I'd also recommend reevaluating how your armor stats are setup. 
  • Rhyot said:
    You can. COLLECT SACS FROM CORPSES.

STATUS:[129670]|+HE+|+SA+|+TR+|+RE+|+FO+collect sac from corpses
    Kneeling over the corpses of two venenigols, you collect four sacs.

Yes, you can. Collect, however, is apothecary. Harvest sac is Toxicology. They are different.
    RhyotNebula
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Drystin said:

Axius said:

Monk damage isn't low. Back when that numbness cooldown first got implemented I didn't like it either but I've since learned to not rely solely on numbness to survive. Make use of transmute, nimbleness, crystal tattoo, shield tattoo, etc. and monk is actually very good for bashing. I'd also recommend reevaluating how your armor stats are setup. 

well, the issue with monk bashing, in my experience, is in Dragon Stance, my damage tops out at around 900-ish. My other classes, which have greater damage mitigation through class means including armor, class-based buffs and heals, and other means that don't require a larger lesson investment on top of the 900 credits you put into transing all 3 skills, do at minimum 1100-ish, and as high as 1200 BEFORE crits. I mean, yeah, equipment has an investment cost of gold, but gold =/= credits or lessons.

Keeping in mind: I don't have artis, I don't have avoidance trans'd, and tattoo slots can be at a premium depending on your setup. There's a minimum investment into Monk to make it viable that just isn't required elsewhere now. Numbness provided that buffer necessary to use Monk without the extra 300 credits for Avoidance, and the 120 per miniskill to trans the defensive miniskills.
  • My peeve is I can't make a light saber out of ylem shards....
    SeurimasGavramelAxiusFyrrenAlela
  • I make lots of good jokes in darkweb and nobody laughs. >:{

Alela's Affirmations
    SeurimasMoxieDrystinFyrren
  • More seriously, I'm BIG SAD that the cultural exhibits from the Celebration of the Stars a few years back never got hooked up to their cities. I'd like to visit them and have others enjoy them, too, since many of us worked real hard on them. :}

Alela's Affirmations
    EleneTeaniFyrren
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Knowing that Mining is always looming over the horizon, and that it's something I really have been waiting for for a long time, and I want to be doing it as soon as it comes out, and so, I sit here and look at all these credits I've saved up and I think 'You should really buy something, like another level 3 weapon rune' but then I also realize that as soon as I do that, I'm going to feel like crap the next day when they release Mining and I can't get it.

Feels bad man.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
  • I have the same decision paralysis. I have quite a few thousand credits and platinum milestones saved up for the next mirror class, and whenever I want to spend it on expensive artifacts, I keep thinking that I'll regret it the moment I spend it and find our that I don't have enough to get the class slot + tri-trans it if the mirror class releases soon after.
    Aeryx
  • Using native american imagery and symbology for evil themed things. Using them at all feels kinda gross, but twisting their meaning that much is a big not good.
    MairaCameryn
  • Being forced into RP situations that remove the want to even log in.
  • edited June 2021
    I've come to dislike how timezone differences have been the leading reason for part of the unhappiness I've been feeling in Aetolia lately, and I absolutely hate how it has made me feel and act.
    LinHolbrookFyrrenZeheiaDrystin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Elene said:

I've come to dislike how timezone differences have been the leading reason for part of the unhappiness I've been feeling in Aetolia lately, and I absolutely hate how it has made me feel and act.

Aetolia can be incredibly lonely if your time just doesn't match up. I feel you.
    EleneValorie
  • Good to know it's not just me! I'm usually on at times where I'm one of a few people online, and it's typically almost bedtime when I see people to interact with start logging on :(
    Elene
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Elene said:

Speaking as Someone, I find it really difficult to connect with my people sometimes, and it frustrates me to no end when I literally can't catch them online, or when they're always busy when I finally see them.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    AeryxElene
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited June 2021
    It irks me how skewed PVP combat is anymore.

I get the whole pendulum "idea" but holy fuck... it's been almost a year and Shadow still can't reach the numbers that Spirit gets for group combat.

ArdentAeryxSryaenDrystinMjollIllikaal
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Rhyot said:

It irks me how skewed PVP combat is anymore.

I get the whole pendulum "idea" but holy unicorns... it's been almost a year and Shadow still can't reach the numbers that Spirit gets for group combat.

I feel you, and to be honest, it sucks for both sides when its one sided. I've hated the way lessers are since their inception, when I was running around with Ezalor back in the day. But now, as then, sadly I don't think much is going to change, because the Pools doesn't think anything is wrong with the way they are. If they did, they would have changed them...in any way whatsoever, in the past 10 years. Big true post though.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Iesid
  • I have to ask, is the numbers thing maybe a problem with culture? Because right now at this second here is what the numbers look like:

[Bloodloch] :(13) Azarae, Blaze, Callidora, Chassity, Corvo, Jhin, Lynexia, Malcanthet, Rhyot, Seirsha, Sekara, Tina, Yettave.
    [Duiran] :(7) Caitria, Jaamir, Jakarn, Jun, Naerthan, Qoexl, Straid.
    [Enorian] :(14) Aeryx, Amyie, Carthenian, Iesid, Jezreth, Jhura, Kaiara, Makaya, Naia, Roux, Saltz, Sryaen, Velheima, Xavin.
    [Spinesreach] :(11) Axius, Feirenz, Inkh, Menelaus, Mileta, Nebula, Raynia, Rurthina, Syrus, Tekias, Volundiel.
    [Rogues] :(4) Aolin, Didi, Morrinth, Teotl.

Now, I know not everyone participates. But I would say that at peak hours we equal you guys. There are plenty of times during the day where I do qwho and see way, way more red than I see blue, and I have level three of both enemy and ally expand and almost full lists on both.

AeryxMazzion
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I mean, it's not really a culture thing but more of a meta problem (or perceived meta problem).

During the normal times where we can get numbers, we can't get them because Spirit side shows up with 6-7 which is cool. But then almost immediately there are 12-14 people while Shadow can only maintain maybe 6-7 (this is where the perceived meta problem comes in). The perception of the huge jump in numbers is because people who were not previously online are suddenly online (likely because Discord pinging) and join in on the lesser.

The massive amount of people on Spirit side showing up to a fight usually deters a lot of Shadow from even wanting to participate because why bother fighting if you're outnumbered 2:1? Now I'm not saying that Shadow doesn't do it, because we do it too but lately the pendulum seems to swing more in Spirit favor because of this. Mix in a bunch of other skills/meta issues and it just deters more and more combat.

I'm not so sure it's a culture thing, but rather more of a defeatist mindset and an assuredness that one side can win so long as they have pure numbers. I love group PVP as much as the next guy (and have started Secting again when I can manage it), but it is disheartening to see a lack of contest because of pure numbers or just poor sportsmanship.

Idk. Maybe it's a personal problem. Anyway, sorry for the vent.

Gavramel
  • Aeryx said:
    It irks me how skewed PVP combat is anymore. I get the whole pendulum "idea" but holy unicorns... it's been almost a year and Shadow still can't reach the numbers that Spirit gets for group combat.
    I feel you, and to be honest, it sucks for both sides when its one sided. I've hated the way lessers are since their inception, when I was running around with Ezalor back in the day. But now, as then, sadly I don't think much is going to change, because the Pools doesn't think anything is wrong with the way they are. If they did, they would have changed them...in any way whatsoever, in the past 10 years. Big true post though.

To be fair, the HG artifacts were changed and seemed to be designed to hopefully fix the uneven numbers problem. They just didn't.

That said, I would love some sort of team duel foci variant, where two or three people from each tether could fight. From anywhere in the area, you could use a refining skill to take yourself to a special instanced room and duke it out for control. After your team's max numbers enters, no one can follow for X time after your deaths. Give the rest of the squad some eld to bash anywhere in the area. So, halfway between a lesser and a major, I guess. Greater foci?
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    KonnornArdentMazzionTeaniTsarra
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited June 2021
    Just came to rip the bandaid off.

I strongly disagree it's a numbers problem vs a willing participants problem. In fact i'd go so far as to say it's cap. The problem is, as I see it, there a number of people on Shadow who simply do not take time or show the initiative to get better, or lead. There have been -numerous- times in which i've done lessers, majors, and even orreries with just myself and @Valorie, or with @Sryaen, and there will be 8+ shadow people actively online, but because people like Mjoll or Mazzion aren't around to lead them, they don't try. Actually, they do try, but they get trashed 2v4, 3v6, etc. If Mazz or Mjoll, or even Alela lately aren't leading stuff, objectives are often incredibly free.

It's a competence and willingness to participate problem vs an actual lack of numbers problem.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    SryaenValorie
  • Illidan said:

If Mazz or Mjoll, or even Alela lately aren't leading stuff, objectives are often incredibly free.

It's a competence and willingness to participate problem vs an actual lack of numbers problem.

Not that I disagree with either of these comments. But wording it like that when people have tried kind of drives home people not wanting to try further when it gets looked at like that.

I would personally say it's more of a learning curve issue of people who are used to calling vs people who haven't called before and typically follow calls. If I can't make a lesser I'll try and help a target order for them, all I can do is offer it though. If people are busy with multiple things and just trying to jump in a lesser and miss that and go off an order that isn't optimal they get stomped pretty hard. Give a second shot at that, same result, kind of pulls the gas out of wanting to go back and try.
    KonnornRhyotDrystin
  • There is a lot to unpack in your post @Rhyot that just...is not right. While I'm sure there are times when Spirit has a huge number advantage during individual engagements at lessers, it's not constant. On top of that, there have been plenty of instances where Shadow looses to fairly even numbers and someone will run their mouth saying that Spirit brought a, quote, horde or that Spirit metagamed and pinged people on discord when neither happened.

On top of that, I know I have heard multiple times that Shadow web has a history of being...less than pleasant, especially when taking an L.

So yes, I think there is a bad sportsmanship problem here, but I don't think it's Spirit that has the problem.

ArdentDrystinWjoltyr
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Ardent said:

Illidan said:

If Mazz or Mjoll, or even Alela lately aren't leading stuff, objectives are often incredibly free.

Not that I disagree with either of these comments. But wording it like that when people have tried kind of drives home people not wanting to try further when it gets looked at like that.

I would personally say it's more of a learning curve issue of people who are used to calling vs people who haven't called before and typically follow calls. If I can't make a lesser I'll try and help a target order for them, all I can do is offer it though. If people are busy with multiple things and just trying to jump in a lesser and miss that and go off an order that isn't optimal they get stomped pretty hard. Give a second shot at that, same result, kind of pulls the gas out of wanting to go back and try.
    Perhaps because I was intentionally vague are you misunderstanding me, but there are people who do actually try, and then there are people who simply do not at all. Even worse, are the people that claim they have the means and knowhow to do better, but willfully choose not to while simultaneously complaining about skewed numbers when they hardly participate unless the roflstomp train happens to be going in full swing for them.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    XavinArdentSryaen
  • There have been -numerous- times in which i've done lessers, majors, and even orreries with just myself and @Valorie, or with @Sryaen, and there will be 8+ shadow people actively online, but because people like Mjoll or Mazzion aren't around to lead them

There's a lot of good points being raised, but I just want to address this misconception. I don't think Shadow is alone in this, but probably suffers from it more due to random chance and demographics: very often, "actively online" is not "able to attend a team battle". Sometimes, they're RPing. Usually, they're logging in from work, eating, playing from their phone, or otherwise unable to engage fully. This does not have much to do with who is around to lead, except that, maybe, Mjoll and Mazzion happen to be around to lead when people are not doing any of the above.

Spirit is also not alone in making this misconception. Shadow web can indeed be ornery about numbers and often seems to think no contest with "8+ Spirit online but no leaders" means Spirit is understaffed with competent leaders and people willing to learn. Good ol' attribution bias strikes again!
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    Ardent