MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    You got a little RP at least, @Ferrik!

• I still have a couple plates of raw meat and a few buffalo muffins courtesy of Sessizlik. HINT HINT Ferrik. <3
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • edited January 2014
    My boyfriend's family and their drama.

So, my boyfriend is a manager. About a year and a few months or so ago, he hired his cousin-in-law to work under him. In my opinion, it's a terrible idea to hire family or friends for obvious reasons. My boyfriend made the argument that they're both adults and they've known each other for 10+ years; he thought that they would be able to handle any sort of conflict with professionalism and maturity. Being stubborn, he wouldn't listen to any counterarguments. His cousin-in-law has received numerous complaints from customers and fellow employees alike who have accused him of being lazy, disrespectful, inaccurate in cash dealings (which has later been confirmed by the general manager AND the home office), as well as late, and just generally incompetent. Stabs has been very patient with him, asking him what he needs, even offering to re-train him on more than one occasion.

Well, his cousin-in-law had to take the COMPASS test - he dragged his feet until the very last test date and tried to only give a week or so notice instead of the mandatory two weeks. At most places, he would still have options but given the nature of their business and how understaffed they are, it's difficult to scramble to cover positions so Stabs basically said that they can't really accommodate them. His cousin-in-law responded either Collin works for him or there will be no one to cover because he's going no matter what. Stabs responded that he isn't comfortable being bossed around and that it is really his cousin-in-law's fault for dragging his feet so long. Stabs told him that it's his responsibility to cover the test and as the day drew closer, the cousin-in-law tries to bully him into it some more but Stabs is largely unresponsive.

The cousin-in-law's girlfriend, Stab's cousin, gets involved and basically tries to vilify Stabs by guilt tripping him and making further demands, to which Stabs is, again, largely unresponsive. He communicates again that he's uncomfortable with it. This isn't the first time that she's interfered, either. She calls in for him to work, she lectures Stabs for his management decisions, and constantly tries to white knight whoever is getting criticized. She has also tried to interject herself in our relationship as well, lecturing us about money and trying to criticize our dynamic. She has complained that Stabs never makes an effort since he only visits like 3-4 times per month. They've always been welcomed over by us but have never showed up or made any effort to be here.

The cousin-in-law eventually humbled himself and apologized so Stabs agrees to cover his shift but not after his cousin demands all of the movies back that she loaned us, using her property as leverage. Stabs communicates he's not comfortable with her doing that and a month later she eventually approaches him wanting to talk about it. In between these two points, his other cousin/brother to his girl cousin, had been very disrespectful to me. We both worked it out, I took accountability for being a hot head and he took accountability for being a douchebag - we moved on. His sister didn't and basically tried to explain to me how 'their family works', where she communicates that I should just 'get used to' the way communication works in their family. Confused? Me too. I told her I'm not surrendering my boundaries.

Anyway, a month later his female cousin says she feels like they're 'growing a part' and she wants to talk about it. When Stabs starts talking about his feelings, she loses patience and says, "I'm going to go play a game of LoL, I'll talk to you after we're done." Stabs communicates that he's not comfortable with being dismissed while he's trying to share his feelings and reach a solution. He says he needs a break from all of the conflict and that he'll contact her when he's not so worked up. She texts him back after she finishes up her game saying that he WILL bring her movies with him to work on Saturday to give the movies back to her boyfriend because she is 'tired of all the games'. Stabs says that he's not going to meet any demands while she's being disrespectful and if she wants anything from him, she's going to have to treat him with respect. Also, he clarifies that he's not intending to play games, he's demanding respect in his relationship dynamic with her. She says that her main problem is me anyway. Confused again? So am I. I'm pretty sure she's deflecting but I take to facebook and write a message basically saying that I'm confused but willing to talk about it. She doesn't answer. About 1:30 this morning she texts and says that her brother would like his stuff back as well, since he's done with Stabs too. They were Stab's biggest support system so this has been hard on him.

tl;dr His cousins have no boundaries and appear to have very little respect for him or me. Allllllll aboard the drama train.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Valenae said:

tl;dr His cousins have no boundaries and appear to have very little respect for him or me. Allllllll aboard the drama train.
    So... whoever this Stabs feller is should start using stronger language. Instead of saying he's not comfortable with things, throw in a few expletives and go on the offensive. Tear them up and down the seams of their being. I know a guy if he needs lessons.

No, that guy is not me.
  • So cold. So tired. SO COLD.
    Colette
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited January 2014
    I went from great to suddenly having a nasty cold in .02 seconds. I can't stop sneezing and my head is all stuffy. Of course, this HAD to happen just before work tomorrow, right? I mean, it wouldn't have made sense for me to get sick earlier this weekend so I could have nursed myself better.
    Oleis
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    That moment when "Changes" by Tupac comes on, but it's actually Bruce Hornsby....
    OmeiAngwe
  • That's... horrible.

i am rapture coder
    Jensen
  • Mandatory OT all month long, I survived a week thus far, but it's still killing me. My day ranges from 11 hours to 14 hours, without consistency because I'm the closing Supervisor. I.E. I come in early, and have to stay until all the people are done..which unfortunately most of my employees are idjits, so I tend to get stuck on stuff that takes 3 hours, that could have been solved and done in 20.

>.<

Not so rage - My 49ers are Moving on up, mooooovin on up. Was the only fun part about yesterday (when I was AT work), that I got to see on my laptop the win, couldn't watch the game...just the stats, but still!
    DemarcusSessizlik
  • I rage that, after having followed the source of @Angwe's signature and becoming enamored with Prequel Adventure, I catch up to its current content in only a few days.

i am rapture coder
    AngwePiper
  • edited January 2014
    I rage at the g-sync and free-sync hype train. It's such a niche thing that people are going THIS REVOLUTIONIZES THE GAMING INDUSTRY. I'm looking at it like damn son. That unicorn is something you could easily solve/has been solved by software. I can understand why you want to take a hardware approach, but anything besides a VESA standard kinda thing makes you look like a flaming unicorn in my book bra. 

Also, mantle update for BF4 got pushed back to this month. Also the new thief game features true audio and I'm sitting on a GPU that doesn't support it. Now I feel like my looting days will only experience half of it. With all those crypto miners the price of a 290 went from 400 to 600 like overnight. Damn you doge coin, you and your cuddly wuddly little face. 
  • @saybre You know, it was a good run. It's probably better for you to lose to the Hawks though. Slightly less bitter than going to the Bowl and getting beat by the Broncos. :)
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    It is 43 degrees Celsius today in my office... with no A/C still!!!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    went to bed around 930 or 10, woke up from a dead sleep at 1230... I'm still awake
    So. Yesterday I flayed and sliced my index finger while opening a bottle of gatorade. Then I hurt it again last night trying to open it again. Now it's still painful and prone to bleeding.

• I feel a little sick, but I don't think I'm -actually- sick. Just, mildly head-achy, perpetually cold despite being in warm work environment and intestinal discomfort. Probably just monthly lady hormones, but it's really annoying and discouraging my "I'm gonna be awesome and workout like a healthy person!" motivation I've had going here lately. Also makes me incredibly unproductive at work.

Notice how I'm posting this? I should be working right now :( /slaps self on wrist.

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Thank you, @Piper, for sneezing on Sessi the other day. Now I have a Cold! I hate Colds. :(
    Piper
    I was sharing my own RL cold! You're welcome!
  • It's only fair. @Piper said she'd take my cold from me. I get better and she gets sick. So now she's passing on my love!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    For some reason, Friday's ECT didn't seem to do any good.  Between that and the beginning of school stress (one of my teachers is a certified prick) it looks like I'm gonna have to go again this Friday instead of the two weeks I've been trying for.  Memory?  Shot.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2014
    Have you had more then ten treatments in 12 months? Because after that point it gets very iffy for depression, and the low end of bipolar in -almost- half the people it is used on. Well at least from the studies we have been conducting the past five years (mostly anecdotal). I know one client who has it every 3-4 weeks in bad periods and it is a godsend for her. Without it she honestly would be lost and I tend to trust her judgment more than some of the medical staff who treat her like a second rate citizen. After all she knows her self better than anyone. So I guess it is one of those things that can change from one consultation to the next. Did you discuss it with the staff?

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Riluo EVERYONE around me, from my immediate family to friends on Aetolia to even my psychiatrist (before I even -said- anything) has noticed how much improved I am from it (else I wouldn't do it because it -terrifies- me).  One big problem I have is that I'm on a mood stabilizer that's also given to epileptics as an anti seizure drug.  That means the day before ECT I have to remember to not take this drug I've been taking twice a day for like four or five years now.

But yes, the answer to your question is that we do discuss it with the staff: my psych, the psych that administers it, and the ECT coordinator.  There are a lot of things about ECT that make me really angry but in the end, the degree it's helped me makes all of those things minor complaints.

Too much positive thoughts in this post.  Today's complaint is that @Roux woke me up texting me about an Animal Crossing emulator.  Jerk.
  • >>
    You know you were thrilled to hear about it. DON'T LIE.
  • Want to cut class already and it's the 3rd day of class...

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aryanne
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2014
    @Arbre Well that is all that matters, because in the end it is about your well being. I know I have seen huge changes with it in people and it is amazing.

• Slowly losing the fun.
    Periluna
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate that my computer did a force restart last night for updates..that took all night. I also cannot stand whatever perfume my mother wears, or whatever scent is coming from the general direction of her room in my house. Making me nauseated even worse than normal this morning. So ready for the first trimester to  be done..

• I could diiiiee... 

I'm having to take the required public speech and listening course for my AA.

Our teacher assigned us an introduction speech project, where we wrote our speech, went up, did it, and she filmed it.

She then uploaded each speech to youtube for us to review for our next assignment - evaluation.

No, really. I could die. If getting up infront of a group of people to talk about myself wasn't enough, then having to sit down and watch it and feel, instead of a nervous wreck, so embarrassed that I might become a turtle is like ten times worse.

I don't feel myself improving, I just feel myself going 'OH GOD WHY'

I don't do well with public speaking. I don't stutter, but my words get mixed up with other words into brand new words. (I used to stutter though). I get nauseous, hot and anxious. If I feel too pressured, I start crying and hyperventilating.. which.. such.. makes the whole experience even better!

that hasn't happened yet though. Its looking foreseeable though. ..Especially with a like 6-7 page informative speech which is coming up next month with a full-blown presentation. I can at least dig the topic, which is money management.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Maybe it would help if you pictured yourself in your underwear while you talked?
    SetneAryanneArbreHaven
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Turtles are awesome though.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"