MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Going to be flying off to Maine tomorrow morning for a week. I am mad because this means I will not be on Aetolia, sadly!
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Got lost in the mountains where we had not cell connection...glad we figured a way out. Meh.

• AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    I swear there was a color option added to this the other day... which means I must have dreamed it. Unicorns it.
  • I brought like, 1.1kg of chocolates at duty free. Turns out I hate this kind of chocolate.

Politics
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    That's what you get for calling it duty-free.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Haven
  • what else is it called?

Politics
    Tax freeeeee
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Working at an office supply store, tax free weekend was yuck. I live and work in a busy part of town. Traffic was horrendous. And I walk to work most days. Still thought it was horrible.
    Ashmer
  • When you pick up a new anime serious and think : Awwww kawaiiiiiiiiii!! <3<3. Then you start watching it and it turns out to be hentai.

Politics
    AryanneIshinStathan
  • Wtf is the difference?
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Gwenith said:

When you pick up a new anime serious and think : Awwww kawaiiiiiiiiii!! <3<3. Then you start watching it and it turns out to be hentai.</p>

What was it?

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    How the heck does that even happen!?

• edited August 2014
    @Rashar The difference is that anime is the general term. It's just short for 'animation'. Sorry to hear that @Gwenith. Must have been a nasty shock.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • edited August 2014
    Among my work woes that have kept me from having much of anything remotely approaching a personal life or free time, they have also resulted in a lot of exhaustion and sleeping issues which in turn has this echoing effect on one's physical well-being. On top of that, recently I found out late after the fact that I lost someone back home - which has kind of further fanned the flames of homesickness (and exhausted rocking back and forth with my book, trying to fall asleep because I have to get up early for work again).
    So then I was actually going to get off work early today (for the first time in a month or two I think?) - but of course I got ambushed with "Can you please fix my this and this." To top it off I have been battling this migraine-like headache that came on and I am not sure if it is some precursor to getting ill or if I am just going to collapse.

Anyway, yes, hi - Ferrik here. Still alive. Sort of. I'm going to try to actually be on Aetolia again if I can now! I might just have fallen asleep at the computer though.

Ashmer
    Fatigue headache, @Ferrik. Gotta sleep bro. Take it from a guy who doesn't. If ya don't, your grape'll start aching like no tomorrow.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Valenae
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited August 2014
    Working 9PM to 6AM after offering to be the Inventory manager at work, I finished a job that people who worked 10 years doing, in four hours....so I forums. I dont like not having things to do, so now I am doing other peoples jobs.

Plus I cant sleep cause I have court for a jaywalking ticket at 1 in the afternoon.
    *grumble*
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    People charge you for jaywalking, really?

Aryanne
  • edited August 2014
    In WA/OR? Hell yeah. In Seattle there are these hall monitor police that do nothing but give people directions and call real police if you jaywalk.
    AryanneAarbrok
    ...wow. I was just making a jaywalking joke to my girlfriend yesterday or so. I didn't think that shit still existed.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Erzsebet
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    In some places in Texas at least, it's impossible to cross the street in any kind of timely fashion -unless- you jaywalk.
    imageimage
    Rivas
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

laptop is officially gone. You can tell it's dead when the Monitor half separates from the keyboard half.

AryanneAshmerIshin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Yeah I went to court this afternoon and they offered to lower the fee to 90 for a first time offense, or I could do community service. That was an improvement from the original fine of 175.

Portland has a high amount of people who get hit by the trains and buses though, so I guess I kind of understand.
    Piper

Having 94 cents to last me a week. Man, I can't wait for my new roommate to move in. 

• Oh my god whiskey never ever again.

FaerahSolariaIaneaAryanneGwenithOmeiKerrynJamiJensenElieStathan
  • Hmm. Funny. Been there before.

you'll be back

AryanneHavenOmeiRivasElie
  • Had last weekend off so we took off for the beach for a day. The weekend was perfect. So why is this in the rage thread? Monday. Horrible Mondays.  I get a call Monday night to pick up my fiance at the ER. He text me too saying he just nicked his finger. By nick, he totally meant to say he completely pinched off the tip of his index finger.  He was trying to fix the stuck dock plate at work and the idiotic truck driver stepped on it. Slammed it down on his finger. I've had no issue with taking care of him this week. It's been his boss that is bothering me. Constantly hounding about when he'll be back to work. I really just want to tell him to get a lawyer and sue the unicorns out of them. We'd probably both be out of jobs since we work for the same company, but I'll feel better. 

• Boys are.. weird. Going on finger injury stories my boyfriend was using a grinder, slipped and cut his thumbnail in half and sliced open his thumb to the bone underneath. What did he do? Covered it in superglue and worked to the end of his shift before he got caught and sent to the hospital. >_<' If that was me I would have been prepping myself for surgery in the ambulance.

Politics
  • I pretty much have to wake up in the hospital to leave work, heh.

I have, in fact. I jumped out of a C-17 once and woke up in the Womack Army Medical Center ER. That was the day I learned not to wear bleach stained socks when you're doing anything dangerous, because you miiight end up in a hospital gown. :)
    AryanneHaven
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    So, I've had some pretty bad relationships and I've bumped in to unicorns that seem to have no idea what it means to be considerate. Thankfully I've gotten to know a few who have restored my faith in people, but today I heard about something that really made me just... GRRR!!

A very good friend of the family -just- had a baby. She's been going through a lot, both with complications during pregnancy and other things. The other day at the hospital, where she is recovering from an emergency ceasarean and nursing her baby girl, the father of the child decides to inform her that he won't be able to handle this, packs his things up and leaves.

Seriously?! She's there, with your baby girl, who is just a few days old, and you're -dumping- her AT THE HOSPITAL?! I just... I don't even...

StathanHaven