Looking for more active discussion? Join our Discord at https://discord.gg/x2s7fY6

MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Receiving something somewhat expected in the mail, and still not being prepared for it. Meh..should have not opened it tonight.

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    edited July 2014
    Well, this has just been a great year so far when it comes to material things.
    First, my computer almost broke down because the fan wasn't working.
    Got that fixed and my bike got busted.
    Got that fixed and the fan broke again.
    Got that fixed and the bike got a flat tire.
    Got that fixed and the computer completely died.
    Got that fixed, and the harddrive put into an external chassi, and my bike got busted... twice.

Woke up this morning... phone busted.

So atm, I have no computer of my own, no working bike of my own and no phone of my own. Everything is borrowed. And I have a few big expenses this month, which makes it all the more delightful, like train tickets and such. FML.

Edit: I beat the batteries around for a while and the phone works again. At least one thing less to worry about.
    VolkaIshin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    What kinda bike?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • My car was in shop yesterday, they didn't touch it because I had aaa tow it there so I could be at work on time and not try to split myself in half. turns out I had to tell them it was same issue as original apt for, but had towed due to time constraints.

Today the mechanic threw his back out, and car still not fixed.

I got to go to VT after work tomorrow, have no way to get TO work except walking 2 miles. Unusual for me. Not undoable, but it's all uphill and my hips hurt if I do any serious walking off-treadmill.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Need to call that 800 number you see on TV, @Meyvitch, and get you one of those AWD/AT ride-along scooter things :D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • lol. It's only 2 miles. I just don't like to show up to work smelly.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Where abouts in VT? unless we're not talking about the greatest state that ever stated
    AarbrokValenae
  • Vermont. West newbury. Family has a cottage there. :-)
    Valenae
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Things, new things, were implemented at work. I had a legit breakdown at the front desk. Yeah, nope.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Welp. Computer is dying. Aetolia absence incoming.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Time to backup the system on a thumb drive or cloud storage
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Bus tickets that fail to mention all the stops we'll be forced to get off the bus and have layovers at so I can plan my naps for minimum snarl.

Kiras who have no sleep, are just sleepy, Kiras who get abruptly awoken by rude bus drivers and made to go sit inside a freezing ass building for 2 hours are bitchy.

...also this latest bus driver is crazy. Says she hasn't decided if our next rest stop will be Maryland, where the itinerary says, or Delaware, which the itinerary doesn't mention at all. Also made all of the kidlets and people with kidlets go sit at the back of the bus.
    imageimage
  • While I am enjoying America I just have one complaint : I've had perma-nausea since I started my trip. I've been eating good foods when I can but blerhh, can't shake this feeling and I'm starting to get really over it.

Politics
  • Gwenith said:

While I am enjoying America I just have one complaint : I've had perma-nausea since I started my trip. I've been eating good foods when I can but blerhh, can't shake this feeling and I'm starting to get really over it.

This might just be a traveler's issue. I get like that pretty much any time I travel. It sucks. Horribly.

TragerIshin
  • Go spend a couple of weeks in southeast Asia and get back to me. :P
    Ishin
  • edited July 2014
    After three days at the mechanic's, car still not fixed. It rained this morning--had to take a cab after all.
    Got done all the pre-trip stuff that needed a car...only to realize I REALLY do not want to be driving 3.5 hrs to vt in an unfamiliar car over all back roads, half the trip in near dark if not actually dark. BLARGH. going to play Aetolia, eat dinner, go to da movies, and pretend I'm not going to spend all night fuming.

Edit: Planet of the apes is at 9:30pm. anyone seen it? Any good?
  • Oh boy my first day off in forever! Let's spend it sick and with crippling migraines.

i am rapture coder
    PiperIshin
  • Meyvitch said:
     Edit: Planet of the apes is at 9:30pm. anyone seen it? Any good?

I loved it.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Double shifts at work after being sick as hell and hospitalized last week...catch up es no bueno...good news is, I am less dying than I was 7 days ago..

(Respiratory infection, Strep and Eardrum rupture, since I have an Auto-immune disease, I heal pretty poorly, had to jump start the ol immune system)

Note: Prednisone is no F'n joke, that medicine will wreck you.
  • I absolutely hate having a headache that will not go away. It being hot with a cranky two year old is -not- helping that.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    In the middle of packing and moving and of course I hurt my back. Not just a little. Apparently I've stretched the thing in ways it shouldn't in so many ways the pain just won't go away no matter what I do. Can't sit, can't stand, can't lie down, let alone pack my things.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth

That moment when you're nauseous and too hot on a train, and someone with smokers smell sits right next to you. 

SolariaRiluoAryanne
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    My lease (technically) expires tomorrow (I think). I still haven't gotten a renewal notice, a gtfo notice, or anything. I know I'm going to be moving (not that I have the money really) but im ttorn between hoping that they take rent for the next month and dont question it (which would give me a mont to get deposits and shit together and to pack) and being furious that they are A) raising the rent 200 bucks to pay for all this cosmetic shit instead of fixing the shit that's broken, and B) pissed that they don't even appear to know when our lease is up (assuming I'm right). I dn't even know wtf to do. I've only ever renewed a lease once. Don't they have to give you notice if they are/arenot renewing your lease??
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal

Typically the burden is on you to notify them prior to the expiration whether you intend to vacate or continue. Many leases will allow you to continue on month-to-month (with a fee) rather than renewing for another period. In the future, you reaaaaaaally need to keep a copy of the lease. Putting the power AND the accountability in their hands is a very risky thing. 

You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    PiperAryanneAarbrokHaven
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    I have a copy, but it doesn't have lease term on it. Paid the rent no prob tho.
    Aryanne
  • You should also let them know if the lease doesn't look "right" (e.g. doesn't have all the vital info on it). In my last place my landlord actually forgot to put me on it (it was me and a roommate) so I had carte blanche to move out without screwing them over.

i am rapture coder
    Piper
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle

"i'm not worried," i said.

"this will be the easiest move in years,"i said.

Worst. Move. Ever.

TragerMephistolesIshinJensenSerriceAshmer
  • Sometimes I wish there were a sympathy or empathy tag along with "like" and "agree" because neither of those feel right. I'm sorry it went so horribly, @Emelle.
    IshinHavenErzsebetAryanne
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    If it doesn't have start/end dates, it's not a lease. Go kick some ass!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    AshmerIshin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited August 2014
    So after spending hundreds of dollars I don't really have for several emergency maintenance things to get my car running asap because of this stupid repaving project (one I was given only 48 hours notice of) my apartment complex is doing, they tow my car ANYWAYS. Despite it being in a zone marked clear for parking until Friday at 7 am (it's still Thursday night), they wanted to clear out room for the asphalt truck, so they towed it. They didn't even call me. I was 300 yards away.

I am NOT paying for this. I will find a way to make them compensate me. This is absurd. I have spent probably 8 hours or more over the past several days dealing with cars because of this stupid project...and I still end up with one towed. FML.
    AshmerIshin