Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• EmirEmir Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    The fact that you put people on ignore just to avoid misstells is freakin' /wild/
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    IazamatZailaStineLuas
  • AxiusAxius where I amMember Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    I only do it when its so frequent that it starts getting irritating. On a level of "I don't want to hear you sassing me over a mistell, that is obviously a mistell, and I'm tired of my tell not going to the intended person when it happens more than once in the course of three weeks."
  • IazamatIazamat Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Axius said:

I have that set up @Stine it doesn't work for me. If Briar's not logged in, instead of it going "hey, she's not logged in", it goes straight to Briaria.

You should probably bug it, then, because that's not the intended behaviour.

Edit: Mjoll is right, too. Just type the name. I use nametell full and have for years and haven't had a mistell that I can recall.
    ZailaKalinaar
  • MjollMjoll Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    Don't use TELL, just type their name. with CONFIG NAMETELL FULL going, Briaria will not get tells meant for Briar if Briar happens to be offline when you try.
    Zaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, if you genuinely have CONFIG NAMETELL FULL ON (not just CONFIG NAMETELL ON) and

BRIAR Heyo!
    Becomes
    You tell Briaria, "Heyo!"

then BUG that, it's not supposed to do that.
    Post edited by Zaila on
  • AxiusAxius where I amMember Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    @Zaila thank you, I was not aware of that.
    Zaila
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update Severn's honors to include: He is a representative of the Divine Order of Bamathis, the Warlord.
    ZailaArbre
  • KynaKyna Victoria, AustraliaMember, Immortal Posts: 194 Immortal
    Someone told me to check HONORS SEVERN.
    Sarita
  • TozToz Member Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is the Spymaster of the Divine Order of Bamathis, the Warlord.

Wow he's bad at this already.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous
    ---------------------------

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of unicorns awfulness Toz
    VyxsisSilena
  • KelliaraKelliara Member Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭
    Toz said:

He is the Spymaster of the Divine Order of Bamathis, the Warlord.

Wow he's bad at this already.

Or, He's so damned good He can tell everyone and still make it work.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Zaila
    He is the James Bond of Spymasters.
  • TekiasTekias WisconsinMember Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    He once strolled up to the Paladins and told them 'Hi, I'm John LyingToYourFace Doe. Let me be one of you.' And they let Him be one of them.

Sir Robert Lyesmith, you will not be forgotten.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Teani
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenMember Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tekias said:

He once strolled up to the Paladins and told them 'Hi, I'm John LyingToYourFace Doe. Let me be one of you.' And they let Him be one of them.

Sir Robert Lyesmith, you will not be forgotten.

I remember this event! I was so frustrated afterwards, but damn, it was a fun one! Opened up Eastern Itzatl, if I'm not mistaken. I wonder if I still have that log somewhere...

• MimoteshMimotesh Member, Bot Posts: 30 ✭✭
    With flawless elegance, Severn extends a regal arm and bows low.

Aegis and Heart of Valor, Lady Ecikoria McCloud-Tenshou, Lady of Pages says to
    Severn, "Would you mind going back in there?"

Severn, the Lord of Artifice says, "I've been here the whole time."

Severn, the Lord of Artifice says, "C'mon...Lyesmith?"

Severn, the Lord of Artifice says, "Lie-smith?"

Severn, the Lord of Artifice says, "You didn't get that?"

(Removed a bunch of bowing and inclining heads and such, but this part really was funny. And yes, this is when the Eastern Itzatl was opened up. I joined the event just as Severn exposed himself.)
    TeaniSilena
  • SklaxSklax Member, Bot Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Small Idea - Going to a Directory and typing DIRECTORY FOOD should show me a list of everything that can be eaten. Also, having any and all items ranked in lowest price to highest price would be great to see.
    Kalinaar
    @Sklax
    DIRECTORY COOKING is what you're looking for.

This works for most craft skills, so you can do DIRECTORY JEWLCRAFTING, DIRECTORY TAILORING and so on!

Same gist works in a shop, too. So you can WARES COOKING and find all the foods.
    SklaxSarita
  • StineStine Member, Bot Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Some way to extend the time of our blessing. Perhaps a stacking essence cost? 50k for 1 additional day, then +25k every day after, and have it reset upon the god giving out a new blessing.
    Luas
  • IatanIatan Member, Bot Posts: 26
    Benedicto said:

Something a little more meaningful when enemied to a guild. Currently there's no real consequences to being made an enemy of a guild. PK restrictions are largely against the repeated hunting of an individual (a la Syssin) and so there is little else to do.

Could there be something along the lines of Fallout/Elder Scrolls where, if you get enemied to a faction, occasionally you'll randomly encounter a small squad of npc's from said guild who will go "Ho, look! There's (insert villain name here)."

I appreciate that players are horrible, horrible people and therefore this could be open to abuse, but is there a way where it could be restricted to being a timed thing that diminishes with each passing IG month until they stop?

Not saying that as a sole solution, but just thinking food for thought!

"One moment... you look familiar."
    "Stop right there... where have I seen you before?"
    -Every dead guard I left lying in the streets of Skyrim....RIP
    -The Axeslinger
    RhyotVyxsisSklaxKasimir
  • KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FLMember Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Can market stalls be added to the DIRECTORY system in some way, or have one of its own? Say:

- If they park the stall into area with a directory, the thing can be plugged into that directory.
    - A directory for all market stalls placed in Esterport, NoT, the refugee camp, or somewhere else that's neutral.

I'd love this to work for mounts and saddlebags, but I'd almost worry that mounts would get found and killed more often with that.
    StathanLuasSklaxKalinaar
    This might already exist and I just don't know, but!

A chalkboard! 
    A sign that anyone in the room can edit the text on! Could make it a bit more tricky by requiring the person editing it to have chalk on their inventory. This would be another thing like a letter that having Colour_write would spruce up!

Could use it in a classroom type environment or like a college whiteboard in a room to swap notes with your friends! 
  • SteeleSteele Member, Bot Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Fairly sure the Sentinels have one of these in their guildhall library, so if it's not an artifact, there's at least existing code for it
    Zaila