Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited February 2019
    It might have been changed (again) without me knowing, but when last I checked, the brand decayed after some time (2 RL weeks maybe?) and with that went the language that came with the bond with the elemental. Also, you could only bond with one at a time.

Just figured it could be a neat thing, with a tiered experience instead.

Vyxsis
  • well, that's super weird! can still only bond with one at a time, but my first brand was RL months old. i've had the second now since i joined tanix's order (i.e. the day she first awakened as new air god).
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    It does look like we will have to take a look at the brands again, as they are acting up! The quest is meant to be repeated, rather than a permanent addition. Repeatable content is important in a game, as is the lore: that another entity is temporarily being bound to you, which is why the language is temporary knowledge. Unlike other mortal races and their languages, those of the disparate planes are very alien to mortals, and are not able to be learned through linguistics.
  • Imvra said:

It does look like we will have to take a look at the brands again, as they are acting up! The quest is meant to be repeated, rather than a permanent addition. Repeatable content is important in a game, as is the lore: that another entity is temporarily being bound to you, which is why the language is temporary knowledge. Unlike other mortal races and their languages, those of the disparate planes are very alien to mortals, and are not able to be learned through linguistics.

u leave my brand alone u big meanie!!!! >:| >:| >:|

not ashamed to beg voice it could've been a favor from slyphe that mine last forever, since i know i asked them for that, so plsplspls no touchie
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Mjoll
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    Your immunity system boils as it shrugs off wheedling attempts from your body.
    Mjoll
  • :{

Mjoll
  • Idea #1488 Section: unassigned Support: 1
    2019/03/02 19:21:35: Add an optional threshold to CONFIG DAMAGE_CHANGE that needs to be met before
    it shows us when we lost mana/health or gained. Like, if I did CONFIG DAMAGE_CHANGE 200 then it
    would only show the Mana Lost: prompt if I lost or gained mana above that 200, but if it were below
    then it would act as if I had the config off.

Please all mighty @Keroc
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    StineKalinaarIazamatVyxsisZaila
  • Mana gained: 25
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    EmirStineZailaBenedictoStathanVyxsisDiogen
  • Mana gained: 25
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    MoxieZailaStathanVyxsis
  • @Tiur

You use Fishing (nibble).
    Your line dips as something nibbles lightly at its end.
    H:5682 M:6888 E:100% W:110% B:38000 (100%) | B:0 [csdb eb]
    A tawny owl flaps in from the northeast, perching nearby.
    H:5682 M:6888 E:100% W:110% B:38000 (100%) | B:0 [csdb eb]

Me and this bird should have fought to the death over my fish.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    VyxsisRazmaelAloli
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Emir said:
    Emir no we will not have you asking to allow Singularities to be used like hucking dynamite into the lake and collecting what floats up.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Aloli
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Tekias said:
    Emir said:
    Emir no we will not have you asking to allow Singularities to be used like hucking dynamite into the lake and collecting what floats up.
    Actually, I think he, or someone, already did.

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Can the knife sets be modified a little bit to allow someone to PLANT TOOLS# IN GROUND instead of just PLANT KNIFE IN GROUND?

This would help when an individual has multiple tool sets, as the game doesn't register which toolset was used and forces the individual to try to cycle their knife sets to find out which ones are still usable.

• Can lessers show up more? Maybe once an hour? They're fun and allow folks to get their feet wet in pk without having to have a full blown combat offense.
    edited March 2019
    Kalinaar said:

Can lessers show up more? Maybe once an hour? They're fun and allow folks to get their feet wet in pk without having to have a full blown combat offense.

If things are looking even between both parties (aka, not a stomp by either side), and people are having fun, you can message me for an extra lesser and I'll put one in. If I'm around anyway.

Purely at my discretion though!
    KalinaarVyxsis
  • Keroc said:

Kalinaar said:

Can lessers show up more? Maybe once an hour? They're fun and allow folks to get their feet wet in pk without having to have a full blown combat offense.

If things are looking even between both parties (aka, not a stomp by either side), and people are having fun, you can message me for an extra lesser and I'll put one in. If I'm around anyway.

Purely at my discretion though!
    Is there anyway you could just automate that part. If x sect members (as an example org cause it's pk idk) are online and active and the numbers between tethers are evenish, just BAM a lesser. Goes on like an hour cd after. IDK more pk pls.
  • Keroc said:
    If things are looking even between both parties (aka, not a stomp by either side), and people are having fun, you can message me for an extra lesser and I'll put one in. If I'm around anyway. Purely at my discretion though!
    No promises on not getting stomped!  :D
  • Add decaying rating to non active Sect members, @Keroc

- Best wishes,
    Literally everyone with a semi understanding of the word "Integrity"
    IazamatVyxsisRijetta
  • TozToz
    edited March 2019
    Emir said:

Add decaying rating to non active Sect members, @Keroc

- Best wishes,
    Literally everyone with a semi understanding of the word "Integrity"

*************************[ RANKINGS FOR SECT RATING ]**************************
    Rank Player Rating RD
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Fezzix 2047 127
    2 Mjoll 1757 62
    3 Benedicto 1724 85
    4 Toz 1710 229

You have fought in 11 Sect Arena duels since the reset.

*laughs in rank manipulation*

EDIT: Decay towards whatever starting ELO. So if your score tanks, you'll recover eventually. If you rock the world, you can't sit on top. Otherwise, fighting for Sect Ranks at all is kinda sadtimes.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IazamatVyxsis
    Either everyone else keeps fighting, improving, and eventually surpasses you, or you likely deserved your spot (perhaps because you practice a lot elsewhere). No one likes ranks achieved by default, but sometimes it happens.
  • edited March 2019
    Keroc said:

Either everyone else keeps fighting, improving, and eventually surpasses you, or you likely deserved your spot (perhaps because you practice a lot elsewhere). No one likes ranks achieved by default, but sometimes it happens.

This isn't League of Legends or Dota, where you have bronze players screaming they're bronze because of their teammates when they're really bronze. It's Aetolia, where we prove time and time again that we can't have systems that are self governed.

Edit for clarity: At the moment I don't think a single person above me hasn't earned their rank above me. This idea and the ensuing mad/rage is the result of the previous system and my experience with it when it goes too long without a reset. This was an issue even with the original combat ranking system. People who use the system correctly will eventually be punished for it, and participating at all knowing you aren't going to place in a rank that reflects the effort you put in unless you start off at top tier (because you can't work your way up without crazy ass commitment) is highly discouraged.
    Emir said:

Keroc said:

This isn't League of Legends or Dota, where you have bronze players screaming they're bronze because of their teammates when they're really bronze. It's Aetolia, where we prove time and time again that we can't have systems that are self governed.
    I get that, but Sect ranks is not a measure of who the all time best is in the game. It is a measure of participation and success in the Sect arena. If Toz sits at 4th because the people better then him don't want to participate/obtain points (or can't replicate his results), then that's ok by me. Decaying points won't force that participation any more or less then currently. Everyone has the same equal chance to do exactly as he did, and then go a step extra and place higher.

What you're actually lamenting is the lack of drive at the moment to obtain points and reach no. 1, which is up to each person personally. I can't force that.
  • @Keroc what is the 'default' ELO that you start at? IE I won 10 fights and lost 1 (I think?) total to get my place. Those points were from when everyone was ranked 1500. Was my starting rank 1500?

If I, a new fighter, show up and lose my first 50 fights, then get really good, how many fights will it take me to climb, do you anticipate? Because from what I've seen (which is admittedly not a whole lot, it's hard to gather data on this), if you lose your first fights it's better to just quit trying because it's going to take you a long time to climb out of ELO hell, especially since subsequent fights are weighed less heavily than the first? All I did was be sure to win as many of my first fights as I could- if someone showed up and rocked their first 10 against 1500+, then quit, I think they'd be higher on the board than me and they could just sit there forever.

The system feels designed to reward early participation and picking your fights, which is an innate flaw in using ELO where you can choose your opponents (or at least work the odds). ELO decay (and replenishment) could potentially help this, however, as you would have to consistently stack the deck (and losses where you couldn't stack would continue to add up) to prevent attrition, and starting out as a newbie and getting your teeth kicked in (while not knowing any better) would not permanently sabotage your season.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Toz said:

@Keroc what is the 'default' ELO that you start at? IE I won 10 fights and lost 1 (I think?) total to get my place. Those points were from when everyone was ranked 1500. Was my starting rank 1500?

If I, a new fighter, show up and lose my first 50 fights, then get really good, how many fights will it take me to climb, do you anticipate? Because from what I've seen (which is admittedly not a whole lot, it's hard to gather data on this), if you lose your first fights it's better to just quit trying because it's going to take you a long time to climb out of ELO hell, especially since subsequent fights are weighed less heavily than the first? All I did was be sure to win as many of my first fights as I could- if someone showed up and rocked their first 10 against 1500+, then quit, I think they'd be higher on the board than me and they could just sit there forever.

The system feels designed to reward early participation and picking your fights, which is an innate flaw in using ELO where you can choose your opponents (or at least work the odds). ELO decay (and replenishment) could potentially help this, however, as you would have to consistently stack the deck (and losses where you couldn't stack would continue to add up) to prevent attrition, and starting out as a newbie and getting your teeth kicked in (while not knowing any better) would not permanently sabotage your season.

I set everyone to three levels (1300, 1500, 1700) depending on past results.

I don't think sect is a place for new fighters unless you're ready to risk your points. The arena and fighting pits are there to practice until you're ready.

It does so it can quickly determine your current ability. All ELO systems have a calibration period like this where your rating is much more volatile.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Next April Fools day thing: Make everyone the Chaos Lord class. Except @Rhyot. Strip his class to be the ultra newb.

:lol::heart: Rhyot
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

VyxsisRhyot
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    More the fool are you. Its not a class. 

Its a race. :P Get it right scrub. Lmao. 

:D 

TekiasMoxieVyxsisKalinaar
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Would it be possible to include lines with AB files? It'd make updating systems easier! 
    [spoiler]
    AB Druidcraft Maul
    Maul [ target ]
    Third person message: Haern springs forwards and mauls your left arm.
    First person message: You spring forward and maul Omei's left arm.

While the Gorilla spirit totem is active, you can now apply limb damage based on your STR stat. This ability bypasses rebounding and does increased damage to prone targets.

AB Falconry Flyby
    Train Falcon Flyby
    Third person message: No message given.
    First person message: Your bond with your falcon allows it to anticipate your needs as it swoops down and strikes at your foe.

This ability now causes Falcon attacks to have a 33% chance to knock your opponent off balance. If your opponent is off balance, their recovery time will be extended by 15 seconds. GG Behead.
    [/spoiler]
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    IazamatBenedictoMoxieAloliVyxsis
  • Create an option to become a vampire without being tied to the dominion in any way without ANY mechanical drawback whatsoever. I really like the class, I really want the class.

I want absolutely nothing to do with the Dominion RP or be punished, however slight, for not wanting to participate in that part of the game.
    IazamatMjollTozVyxsisAloliDannon
  • Emir said:

Create an option to become a vampire without being tied to the dominion in any way without ANY mechanical drawback whatsoever. I really like the class, I really want the class.

I want absolutely nothing to do with the Dominion RP or be punished, however slight, for not wanting to participate in that part of the game.

ideasupport 1157