Mafia: Riots in the streets of Enorian!

Comments

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Chants of "This is a riot! This is a riot!" echo throughout the streets as an ever-growing mob continues to trash the town while fingers are pointed and nooses are readied.

(Just as a fair warning, finishing up at work then heading home to bed. Doesn't look like we have a confirmed lynch yet so ya'll can fight amongst yourselves for another buncha hours until I wake.)
  • I am not good with numbers so I can't offer lengthy reasonings with numbers. I do know that it was said Xenia and Slyphe have come up as innocent. Even if one of them is the Poohbah that absolutely means one of them is innocent as well. They were right and you did rush to end the last round which resulted in the loss of our Herald. This is why I support the vote on you over a vote on Aarbrok at this moment.
  • edited July 2014
    Alee, we were losing our Herald no matter what, and our ability to gather significant information was limited by the fact that Moirean's vote was a convenient excuse for scum. That was why I pushed.

EDIT: Moreover, I have always - as I repeat, once again - maintained that Xenia is innocent, alongside Toz, owing to the simultaneous mistake that they made at the beginning of the game with regard to bad guy numbers. My suspicion of Slyphe is largely - I reiterate - a reaction to his kneejerk vote against me. Everyone seems to forget that Slyphe was the one that started this.

You are not offering an effective counterargument, and your reasoning is flawed.
  • Reading, reading, reading.... always like 30 posts right when I get up and leave for work. Not enough time to sort through everything, will be back in a few hours. Holding vote till then

• edited July 2014
    I feel like I am wasting time arguing this... we don't have confirmed mafia so all it is right now is a bunch of people guessing based on how they think others SHOULD be behaving. If you feel I am suspicious then so be it. We don't even have proof that YOU are guilty at this point but we gotta do our best to hit someone guilty before the night is over. My gut tells me you, Ilyon... -maybe- Aarbrok can't be trusted but I can't trust my gut feelings on this anymore so I am just going with what the people I trust are innocent are until more evidence presents itself. Which means you or Aarbork as per Slyphe and Xenia. Slyphe has direct contact with the investigator though which kinda puts him at the advantage and I am more inclined to trust who he thinks should be lynched.
  • Alright, so I have read these posts and I'm trying to keep the numbers in mind.

There are 3 Enorians, a wild card (Haven), and 3 Instigators. We have the Marshall, who is speaking through Slyphe, myself, who is confirmed innocent (for what it's worth, I am), and then the sap. Maybe I'm the sap, but there haven't been any hard trains on me so I'm going to guess that I'm not.

I don't think Aarbrok is the wild card here, because he's not tried to start any trains. I don't think he's the sap because it took quite some time for anyone to fall in line with my finger pointing (specifically, Slyphe reporting the Marshall's findings). Additionally, if he were the Marshall, he'd not have made the reactive vote upon me, because he'd have known I was innocent.

Demariel has been contributing quite a bit of logic, even if he may be guilty, we have more to gain from him being alive, in my eyes, than killing him off now.

I'm inclined to agree with Demariel's reasoning behind not finger pointing at Toz as well. So in my eyes there is Slyphe, myself, and probably Toz who are not Instigators. There is also a big train on Demariel, which makes me think that possibly he could also be the Sap. Another reason why I'm less inclined to vote in that direction.

While initially I pointed the finger at Aarbrok to get reactions, I've decided that based on these reactions, that he is likely guilty.

• I wonder if Slyphe is Haven.

vote: Nolynch

Lemme just sit on that for awhile...

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Would Haven show as innocent to the Marshall?
  • Good question, Alee.

• I would like some game master clarification before proceeding. A round two Haven win would suck

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• edited July 2014
    Yes, I'm under the impression that a Haven win can be joint with either Enorian or Instigators, that it's not necessarily a game ending win for the entire group.

Edit: @Demarcus‌ can you verify?

• From page 1 -Haven Locke wins if he is a part of a successful lynch of Some Poor Sap -OR- gets himself lynched should Some Poor Sap get assassinated in the dark of night. (Completely independent of the Enorian/Instigators win conditions, game does not end if Haven wins no matter how much Haven would like it to.)

• I know I'm dead, but from a rules/roles perspective, why is there even a win condition for Haven if the game doesn't end?
  • Yeah that does seem...odd, I guess. But I meant more in regards to the identity thing - does Haven show up as townie? As Haven? As baddie?

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Xenia
  • My voting for Damariel is highly based off of experience playing games with him in the past, and noticing similar tactics. I'll reiterate on the things sticking out here:

I believe that Toz is mafia, and Damariel knows that. By pinning Toz (mafia) with Xenia (innocent) and claiming both were completely innocent during their mess up, it was a 50-50 draw as to whether we'd investigate Xenia first, which would support Damariel's claim.

...Or maybe it wasn't actually 50-50. Maybe Damariel knew that Xenia would turn up innocent, and Toz is the Poobah, so he knew that either way if either is investigated, they'd turn out innocent, and he'd look like the original good guy and could play the, "I've said they were innocent from the beginning!" card. (Which he already has with Xenia.)

Losing Moirean meant losing a major boon, and his vote on the last train was made hastily with no other reasoning than, "I'm following Moirean." He knew quite well that she'd be assassinated during the night, and that the faster the night round comes the faster they'd be able to get rid of her and get a significant advantage.

Why do I think Toz is mafia? He's almost as defensive as Damariel. Moirean alluded to voting for Toz in the beginning just for the sake of proving a point - he wasn't really in any danger there, but he quickly jumped on the defensive. Really, the only explanation for such is having a power role, and I can tell you that he's certainly not the Knight-Marshall. We've already lost the Vanguard and Herald, so he's not one of those either.

• Double post because I don't like editing in mafia games:

Just a general FYI, I'll be heading for Arizona tomorrow, where all I'll have with me is my tablet. I'll try my best to keep up with the game while I'm there, but I can't make any promises.

• I thought I was going to be the round 1 lynch to prove a point. All of my defense went to pointing out that a round 1 lynch isn't in anyone's best interest but scum if we have a solid figurehead, so there was no need to kill anyone to prove your point. I also got mild attention for not knowing there were 3 scum instead of 2, so I suppose I've just got a pattern this game of not RTFM'ing.

It's interesting how I draw attention for rocking the boat now, I go from being 'probably innocent' in what seems to be most people's eyes to public enemy #2 as soon as I don't stick to the script on this lynch. Which leads me to believe Slyphe is probably the Haven, and Damariel the target. Or maybe he's the Poobah, but I'm not going to entertain that thought because if our new 'leader' is the Poobah he knows our special roles already and that's more or less gg.

Quick breakdown:

- Damariel is bad, I'm bad: Why would I speak up after a vote on him? I blew my own cover by digging in my heels pointlessly.
    - I'm bad, Dam is innocent: see above.
    - Dam is bad, I'm innocent: maybe? If he shows up bad on this train, I guess lynch me if it'll make you feel better.
    - Dam's innocent, I'm innocent: The Haven is Slyphe and he just cheesed a quick win off of us, but maybe we can get on with our lives.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• ...I actually have not been on any vote train so far. I'm doing scum real wrong, or real right, if I'm bad.

I'm watching Aarb, Alee, Damonicus and Aren.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• I'm sticking with my vote on Aarbrok, though I am interested to hear what he's to say after he gets done reading through all this stuff.

Alee said:

Would Haven show as innocent to the Marshall?

Every power/not-so-power role will show up as they are assigned. Sap will show up as the Sap, Haven will show up as @Haven, Assassins as Assassins, and the Poohbah as whoever he has chosen to disguise themselves as.

Additionally, Haven's win condition is completely separate from the rest of the game. The game will continue on until Enorian is saved or destroyed. If Haven wins (or loses) in that time frame, well... they just lose and we can all taunt Haven that he's a loser.

It was something I hadn't seen done on this forum before, and it was a way I could have roughly a third to a half of a bad guy. I didn't want 3/10, so 3/9/1 seemed like silghtly better odds since Haven doesn't really care either way, but has an objective of killing one good guy so he's kind of Anti-Town in that sense. But, since he doesn't necessarily know who is good and who is bad, he also counts in the Town's favor when determining numbers to end the game (just to answer that question before we get there... this one may be coming down to the wire) because he can vote for whoever he wants, so if it is 3/3/1, the game will have another day round and so on, whether Haven has won, lost, gained a new objective, etc.

Sorry if that isn't clear, haven't had my coffee or caffeine yet. Hope that helps clarify.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited July 2014
    I just keep sticking to my vote that I have made because Slyphe makes sense in his post..the rest are not save for having hunches, if Slyphe is wrong then I am going to feel like an absolute arse because it seemed so believable. Everyone else just seems to be grasping people who "make them feel uneasy" or "Seem shady" and in my eyes that makes all of you seem that way to me and causes a difficult decision for me to make.

Toz is the only other person who seems to break things down a bit so I definitely trust him as well...something about Damariels case, primarily (This Line) made me keep my vote and not change it anymore..

(Line in question:You are not offering an effective counterargument, and your reasoning is flawed.)

This sounded more "Come at me Bro" and alot less like logical reasoning...so my vote stands.

EDIT: I know he was protecting Xenia, and im sorry for originally voting for her even though shes been confirmed innocent now, that is why I changed it, due to that confirmation, I only chose her because she kept attacking me and that seemed fishy.
  • After going through everything multiple times. There is only a few things that stand out. Xenia and Slyphe are not either Haven or the Sap. Since the invest is going through Slyphe (Hell, the invest may be Slyphe and just using it as a cover) I'll count them as a part of the innocent crew. Everyone else is until proven otherwise, they are guilty.

So with that I am going to go ahead and
    Vote :Damariel

• I'm likewise satisfied that this isn't just the Haven trying to get a kill. So, back in line until I find another reason to object.

Vote: Damariel

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

A shout of, "Enough of this poppycock, we want blood!" can be heard from the back of the rioting crowd. "Yeah! That Damariel guy has been talking too much! No citizen of Enorian could possibly talk that much, we're too busy daydreaming!" another cries out. "Death to Damariel! Death to Damariel!" the crowd chants as they surround Damariel.

With a frown Damariel replies, "Look, I have all the logic and reasoning in the world to explain to you that I'm innocent. Heck, I'm so good I can tell you what you all had for dinner last night and what you're going to have for lunch two days from now!"

The crowd stops and looks at one another in silence. "An Enorian citizen couldn't possibly do that, you must be evil!" someone shouts, initiating the lynching.

Damariel sighs as he is stabbed repeatedly by pitchforks.

Damariel: Ilyon, Slyphe, Alee, Aarbrok, Damonicus, Toz (6)
    Aarbrok: Xenia, Llok, Damariel (3)
    Ilyon: Aren (1)

Damariel has been lynched! He was a Citizen!

It is now Night 3
  • edited July 2014
    Mother truckers. I knew Aarbrok was a scumbag!
    Edit: GGWP

The sun hasn't even risen and the rioters grip the streets of Enorian, uplifting pieces of cobblestone and throwing them through shuttered windows and burning more buildings. Approaching the tree at Four Corners you notice a figure that wasn't there before. Suspended from multiple strings attached to her limbs like a puppet, Alee in her now blood-spattered resplendent full plate sways slightly in the morning breeze.

Alee has been slain in the dark of night!

She was the Knight-Marshall

It is now Day 4.

5 votes are needed for a lynch.
  • Well, that makes it easy then.

Vote: Slyphe

• Alee said:

I will back up Moirean's vote.

Voting Parker

Alee said:

I feel like Xenia is innocent... while I am suspicious of Aarbrok. Slyphe does bring up a valid point about the last day's lynch round... with that in mind I believe my vote will follow the same.

Vote: Damariel

Slyphe said:

I should note, by the by, that @Xenia was confirmed as an innocent last night.

There's an argument to be made for lynching Slyphe BUT with the quotes above I guess myself that Alee was a likely choice for the investalady so I believe it would be unfair to really target Slyphe this round for that.
  • I'm sticking with my original vote.
    Vote: Aarbrok

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited July 2014
    I... why is Ilyon voting for Slyphe. I mean, perhaps he made a bad decision, we all make those but I dont think he intentionally took out Damariel like that. But it Slyphe is a baddie, and he confirmed Xenia as innocent..then Xenia is bad.

EDIT: Though I am going to trust my instinct that Slyphe is good and

VOTE: Ilyon