Are you playing an Arqeshi or Nazetu? Consider joining The Nazedha Diaspora
This clan is public / open and semi-democratic so that if I ever go inactive someone else can take it over. Joining:
CLANHELP DIASPORA / CLAN JOIN DIASPORAOOC / IC:
The clan is mostly OOC in the way that CNT is. This means it is a place to ask out of character questions or discuss culture questions from a player perspective, but stays on the topic and intention of the clan.Clan Purpose:
To provide resources for the Nazedha races and their roleplay. The Nazetu and Arqeshi have a very rich history and foundation which has helped shape the world in past events! It can be a lot to keep track of, as well as figure out how it might influence your character.
- CLHELPS about the Tribes, NPC descriptions, etc.
- Developing CLHELPs about what life is like in Jaru, Huanazedha, and Ollin as the primary NPC communities
- Collaborate on rituals and holidays that would be unique to Nazetu or Arqeshi, or shared.
- Growing collection of designs familiar to Nazedha (bank account in Esterport for renewals)
- Discuss and help shape new culture and RP questions as they come up. Recently we discussed what signatures, writing, and titles might look like.
2/1/2023 at 0:01
Ictinus, the Architect
February in Aetolia!
2023 is speeding right along and for the month of February, we have a few offerings for you: a salvage sale, the return of the artifact cart, and a direct lesson sale!
Every 100 credits purchased from the website will come with a piece of antiquated salvage, which is typically valued at 200 credits. These pieces may be traded to other players and used without bearing your mark, EXCEPT for purchasing the Antiquated Artifacts themselves. Once you obtain the first level, you can use any salvage you like to upgrade it.
HELP ANTIQUATED ARTIFACTS will be of interest to those who aren't familiar with how salvage works, as well as HELP ANTIQUATED [RING/GOGGLES/GAUNTLET/CROP] for a specific breakdown of what each item does.
As for the Artifact Cart, all artifacts purchased directly through the cart have a 30% discount applied; this stacks with Iron Elite Membership for a total discount of 40%!
In addition to the large discounts, there are a number of exclusives available only through the artifact cart, including:
- House deeds (these come with FIVE rooms in total and can be redeemed by e-mailing me as per HELP CASTLES)
- Upgrade tokens
- Several other artifacts
Silver chalices can also be found under the 'artifact packages' section of the website, with an option for one chalice or a pack of five at comparable discounts to the cart.
Last up is the lesson sale! For the month of February, lessons can be purchased directly from the website at a significant bonus. Those with Iron Elite Memberships will also receive 10% bonus lessons on any lesson purchase they make!
As always, the cart, credits, and lessons can be found on the Aetolia website at www.aetolia.com/credits!
Penned by my hand on Quensday, the 25th of Niuran, in the year 507 MA.
1/20/2023 at 17:09
Ictinus, the Architect
Bounties, Out of City Crimes, Defiling, et al
I have an update to the PK rules to announce today pertaining to bounties and out-of-city crimes. It's long been my policy that city bounties can only be filed for city crimes that occur inside the city; the reasoning for this was to promote organic PK in the moment and let people fight it out without the tediously elongated litigation that follows with bounties after the fact.
However, with the advent of new systems allowing for conflict starters outside of cities (screm, soliads, alchemy, akkari, voidgazing, and such), I've decided to revise that policy.
Thus, you can now file city bounties for crimes against the city that don't occur in the city OR you can kill the people doing it in the moment. Not both. You cannot hunt them down after without a bounty.
There's not an exhaustive list of what counts for this but I would expect common sense to prevail. If you aren't sure whether it counts, it probably doesn't, so let it go.
I hope that this will solve a lot of the grey areas and bad faith cause counting surrounding stuff that happens outside of a city. I have been very lenient in most cases due to this grey area, but as of now I am going to have a very low tolerance for skirting rules, egregious cause counting, and bogus bounties. The onus is on you to ensure your cause is justifiable and that your bounties are legitimate.
Lastly, I want to clarify the following point:
If you are in a group that is defiling shrines, you are not immune from being killed after the fact even if you aren't the one typing the command to get the defile aura. As always, I strongly advise against involving yourself in conflict scenarios if you do not want to risk being killed.
Penned by my hand on Tisday, the 7th of Lleian, in the year 507 MA.
1/7/2023 at 5:29
Keroc, the Starborn
- Physical disruption now increases the length of WRITHE by 1 second.
- Physical disruption now only works on writhe impale, rather then all physical writhes.
- Haemophilia now causes the Clotting skill to fail 80% of the time, up from 33%.
- Chance for Dizziness to make you fall is increased to 40%, up from 20%.
- Stun duration reduction has been lowered to 15% per stack, down from 20%.
- Doublestab now causes 60 bleeding per hit, 120 total.
- The amount of bleeding caused by Slit (including bonuses) has been doubled.
- The asphyxiation damage caused by Noose has been increased.
- The bonus damage from Snipe has been doubled.
Battlefury / Riving
- Battlecry / Anguish will now knock you prone if you are not deaf.
- Pushing siege weapons balance recovery lowered to 2 seconds, down from 4.
- Restoration can now be applied to LEGS and ARMS without it failing.
Domination / Contracts
- Pit / Maw will now ignore levitation if three or more people ENSORCELL / SPELLBIND it.
- Banish no longer requires you to be unafflicted.
- Banish no longer has a room-tether based cooldown.
- Banishing a player now places a cooldown on them preventing anyone else from banishing them again for 30 seconds.
- The amount of time a player is banished has been altered, and is now 2 seconds times the amount of enemies within the room.
* This amount of time is capped at 12 seconds total.
Psionics / Egotism
- Disable / Outlaw now requires your opponent to not have the clarity defence again.
- New Skill: Phantom.
* Grants you 20% extra damage in a room that you recently died in.
* This is marked as a restricted skill and won't work in restricted zones.
Shamanism / Experimentation
- Omen / Casuality will now shatter magical shields when it lands.
- Worldburn can now be used outside of Holy Wars.
- Worldburn now has a cooldown of 8 hours instead of having 3 uses.
- Worldburn SE cost has been increased to 250,000, up from 50,000.
- Encompass hinder chance has been increased to 60%, up from 40%.
- The mana cost of Clotting is now marked as a drain.
- The 'mana_boon' artifact now only reduces the mana drain of Clotting by 20%, down from 33%.
* This is so that we can better stabilize bleeding strategies for everyone.
* You can request a refund for this artifact if this no longer suits your needs via ISSUE.
- Tree tattoo will now cure a second affliction if three or more people have attacked you recently.
- Troop RNG for deaths in combat is now determined by PRD.
* This means it is now -less- likely to have streaks that result in large swings, although it is still possible.
* Just less, not completely removed.
- Greenheart cooldown reduction reduced to 2 seconds, up from 3.
- Envenom and Targeting have been swapped with each other in the skillset.
* This will place Envenom pretty low and make it easier to obtain.
- Horologe can now break magical shields when it triggers.
Zeal / Brutality
- Jawcrack / Slug will no longer cause blurry vision.
- Disunion / Exhilarate bal/eq righting lowered to 0.3 seconds, down from 0.6.
- Wielding a shield now reduces your dodge rate by 2%.
Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 1st of Chakros, in the year 507 MA.
Been a while since we've done one of these, and the game has gone through a lot of changes. Renew is gone, fitness is available to all, and we also have a good few more mirror classes out in the open. So it's time for a survey!
This survey is just a short questionnaire asking you to give your thoughts on the viability of each class in the game, and where they stand compared to others. There's also an optional written part at the end where you can write anything you'd like to say about combat in general or classes in specific. Any submitted answers are anonymous!
If you have a moment or two, feel free to answer them and submit away. I generally like to use these surveys as potential avenues to investigate for improvement.Click here for the form.
You will need to sign into a Google account just so that we can limit responses to one per person.
Like before, once I close the form I will tally up the score and post them for everyone to see.
The old threads you can find here, if you're curious:Class Viability pt. 2Class Viability pt. 1