Short Questions

Comments

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Erzsebet said:

Thought that only disguised your actual race? Remember Alex's used to say she was a human of human heritage.

#2441 - 8/24/2015 at 7:51 - Keroc
    Liaison round - July, part 3 & artifact bug fixes
    - The racial disguising gem will now hide your heritage when in use.

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Ah. I want an artifact that ONLY does that, 'cause the other properties are useless. I didn't get endgame to pretend to be human. >.>
    imageimage
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Erzsebet said:

Ah. I want an artifact that ONLY does that, 'cause the other properties are useless. I didn't get endgame to pretend to be human. >.>

I just keep the same race. Problem solved.

Usage: DISGUISE AS .

disguise as living yeleni
    You stroke a disguising gem, picturing yourself as a living Yeleni. Moments later, your form ripples
    as the disguise takes effect.

She is a stalwart Yeleni and is a few inches shy of five feet tall.

Tada! No heritage and still the race I want.

My point being, that it's annoying to have to drop 80 coins on something that is effectively useless when used for its intended purpose just for the minor side benefit that isn't anywhere near worth 80 coins, especially considering the amount of pain in the ass it is to amass coins. Particularly when you consider I want to get rid of this line on all thirteen who have it, as well as the two who ninja'd past being forced to have it, for the benefits.

-.-
    imageimage
  • Hey @admin! I feel entirely silly, because I don't know a point of contact for who I can reach out to for org request questions or certain things I'd like to try and see planned. I know it used to be Dristin, but my understanding is this volunteer stepped down. Any chance I can get in contact with one to run some ideas by?

Thanks!

Erzsebet
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    You can begin with messaging your patron, who is typically your first point of contact, or members of your associated Advisory. you can also message Razmael, who can delegate, though that may take a bit longer depending on how many other things he is dealing with.
  • Antehe said:

You can begin with messaging your patron, who is typically your first point of contact, or members of your associated Advisory. you can also message Razmael, who can delegate, though that may take a bit longer depending on how many other things he is dealing with.

Ok, sure I'll do that. If, however, my patron is known to currently be unfilled -- will the message still be alerted to other volunteers if that's the case?

Hadrak
    edited June 2016
    Asked Raz that question right after Dristin left the pools. No answer. Do we even -have- a new Chak? Was my understanding that our Chak vanished with Dristin.

@Xenia Believe the orgreq system does show up to everyone? Not that such is a guarantee of even remotely timely completion, depending on what you want and who all has to put in work to accomplish it, but it'll start you on the path at least.

Eta: Didn't mean that first statement negatively--I'm sure the man gets 800 messages a day. Easy enough for one to get lost.
    imageimage
  • @Erzsebet I think I got it sorted out, thanks for the answer!

• edited June 2016
    sooo... uh... I recently got access to my haven, even though I've apparently HAD access for a long time. What I'm curious about is why it'll cost me 5k gold to rename the core room even though it's the first time I'm naming it?

edit: I ask because every other IRE game doesn't charge you for the first time you name a room.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Because havens are like a free house so they're gonna gouge you for everything they can.
  • edited June 2016
    Orgreqs are worked on by everyone in Pools, not just the Patron. If something needs to get done for your org, it'll get done if it gets approved by the big bosses. Don't stress if your God goes MIA.

Just be patient with it, we're often working on 999 other things at the same time, especially Razmael/Hadrak/Keroc. It'll take less time if you actively harass whoever the request gets assigned to and don't let them forget about it. Especially if it's me, because I have the memory of a stiff mattress.

XeniaKelliaraErzsebet
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT AN ORG REQ AIN'T ONE.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Xenia
  • SilenaSilena Immortal
    Diogen said:

Especially if it's me, because I have the memory of a stiff mattress.

Just so we're all clear... you're not talking about a memory foam mattress, right?
    Kelliara
  • THAT WAS THE JOKE, SILENA

Draiman
    @Diogen On that note, no idea who mine are assigned to. Know it was Dristen before. Think mine is waiting on @Razmael for something. Which, naturally means longer wait times, 'cause like the rest of you, Raz is hella busy.
    imageimage
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Are the forums (desktop version) busted for anyone else? Everything stays lit up when I'm on the main page even if I've read everything in that section. IT'S DRIVING ME MAD.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    edited June 2016
    I've just been clicking "Mark All Viewed" once I've read everything to make it go away.
  • Can confirm, forums are definitely doing this. It's irritating.
  • I live in the discussions page.. so I never noticed that..
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    EmelleTragerXenia
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Good to know it's not just me. I'll have a look but it's likely not fixable until vanilla looks into it.
    Atrapoema
  • People still use the forums? What madness is this??
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah I have the same problem just adding into complaints.
    Can we have the rage thread back now pretty please.

• What do the boxes of supplies in the Shattered Vortex do? I haven't found anyone that wants them and I can't seem to manipulate them in any way.
    Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
  • The supplies boxes are to turn in for a quest inside the Vortex. I'm not sure who with as I don't quest. Other than that, they don't do anything.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    They are involved in a quest. It's attained outside the zone, but I can't tell you where here!

• This is a coding question, and I'm not quite sure how to explain the question/issue, so here goes:

While I'm playing (typically on my hunting convoys of 16+ hours), every now and then my system will just stop doing anything. Curing, bashing, xp tracking, everything. Now, I assume its due to what I call 'variable overload'. The only way I have found to fix this is to close out of mudlet and reopen, then the issue is fixed. And no, there are no errors, the system just stops cold turkey.

So my question is this: Has anyone else had issues like this or know what's happening? And if so, how do I fix it or stop it from happening?

I threaten to beat it with a hammer (Toz taught me that one). If that doesn't work I cry to @Toz or @Serrice. If that doesn't work I make a new system.

• Draiman said:

I threaten to beat it with a hammer (Toz taught me that one). If that doesn't work I cry to @Toz or @Serrice. If that doesn't work I make a new system.

If the hammer doesn't work, you didn't use a big enough hammer.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz