MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant Member Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TIL: Moirean is a cosmic ray.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    MoireanEmelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander PortlandMember, Newbie Helper, Guildmaster Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *BEAMS*
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Member Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate it when folk directly copy one of my designs. Especially when they screw it up and do it wrong. Hate it even more when it's a Celani. Like. Wtf.
    imageimage
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenMember Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was -not- supposed to be a "rage about game stuff" thread? Ankyrean Anguish is closed (for a reason).

I rage that I didn't get the summer job that would take me to San Diego this summer, and that once again I will be away from the country when there's a good concert available for me in Sweden. Last year it was Rolling Stones, this year it's Muse...

On the plus side though, I get to return to lovely Bournemouth for 3 weeks (and the trip goes via Paris, so perhaps I shouldn't complain <.<)

Ishin
  • HadrakHadrak DorohedoroMember, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 874 admin
    Teani said:

I thought this was -not- supposed to be a "rage about game stuff" thread? Ankyrean Anguish is closed (for a reason).

That is correct, Teani.

I'll repeat it for posterity's sake: do not post about your Aetolian woes and rages in this thread.

edited March 2015
    Because it was a Celani, there's not really anything I can do about it IG, or I'd unicorns there. But noted.

ETA: I rage that we have no aetolia rage thread. I get why we don't, I'm not asking for a new one. Just. Rage.
    imageimage
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 1,393 admin
    Anyone concerned with a Celani should message (or email) me or Razmael.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Actually, raging here -did- help me resolve said issue. Just saying.
    imageimage
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 1,393 admin
    Amending: "If we're solving problems on the forums, it's nothing a message couldn't have accomplished [without the need for passive-aggressive venting]."

You are all welcome to handle your business in any way you find appropriate, but we're under no obligation to encourage bad habits. Let's find something else to be Mad about in here, and we can all feel free to go through more direct channels if we need.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    People go on the offensive when you message them with rage over something they've done--even if you don't present it as MAN WTF IS YOUR DEAL YO and talk to them civilly, in my experience.

On topic: I rage that employers in this city want five years of experience or a four-year bachelor degree to give you a basic office job. I'm perfectly capable of using word, excel, powerpoint, and access, I type at 65 words a minute on a half-asleep day which is more than double what you're asking for, and I'm somehow not qualified because I have two years of office experience instead of half a decade? Ugh.
    imageimage
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erzsebet said:

People go on the offensive when you message them with rage over something they've done--even if you don't present it as MAN WTF IS YOUR DEAL YO and talk to them civilly, in my experience.

He said message Oleis or Raz, not whomever you had a problem with in question. So.

Teani
  • ObynObyn Member Posts: 351 Immortal
    That exactly. If there is ever a problem with a Celani, be it abusing their privileges or any sort of other problem, you should go to Oleis or Razmael since they're our bosses.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher Member Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psssst... Listen..., shhhh and just listen.... I <3 you all, let's all be cool
  • MarienaMariena By a lake. Member, Guildmaster Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bah. Bah humbug. I have a small fever (99-100f) not enough to be -worried-, but enough to make me cold and my eyes hot. Stupid bug-bite-of-doom. Why won't you stop messing with me? In other news, it is looking a whole lot less like it is trying to kill me!

• AsaraiiAsaraii Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fell down the stairs because I'm a child trapped in an adult body, got bumped by a horse carrying two 5 gallon water buckets and spilled half one one RIGHT DOWN INTO MY BOOT, then while pushing a wheel barrow full of horse unicorns, managed to walk on the only maybe two foot steps worth of ice on the floor in the whole barn aisle from someone spilling water last night, feet went over my head and I landed on my unicorns, spilling the whole wheel barrow.

Going to work soon, let's see HOW ELSE I CAN SCREW TODAY UP. (My back hurts, definitely tweaked it with my Michael Jackson moves before plummeting to my death)
    I hate the word UNICORNS TOO because THERE ARE NO SUCH THING.
    Asaraii said:

I hate the word UNICORNS TOO because THERE ARE NO SUCH THING.

Gasp. YOU TAKE THAT BACK.
    imageimage
    OleisEmelleDidiTeani
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker VirginiaMember, Guildmaster Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much salt. So tasty.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ValenaeValenae Member Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking to build a website for my research to make myself, as well as my work, accessible and marketable for grad school. It turns out that its a huge pain in the unicorns. I rage at how complicated this is getting and I now have a renewed respect for people who build sites online.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Ishin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander PortlandMember, Newbie Helper, Guildmaster Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I wanna know is what sort of person is a walk in client for a funeral headstone?
    RasharAldricArbre
  • ValenaeValenae Member Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    Also, this rage feels petty but I'm tired of finding friends who are either too self obssessed or annoyingly immature. I further rage that it seems to get harder and harder to meet people as I get older.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

ZsadistIshinVolka
  • AryanneAryanne Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    @moirean - probably half of the people who come here don't call before hand, so that aspect of it isn't atypical.

However, rarely do people (as he did) actually WALK here from wherever they live. You know who actually WALKS in? Creepy people.

EDIT:importantly confusing typo fixed

• KendriKendri Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    I hate the courier service here. Twice the gentleman has tried to keep back packages or rather 'delay' them because they are from a law office. The first time he waited ten seconds after ringing the doorbell before walking away, I had to chase him down the drive just to get it and before he would hand it over he wanted to know if I actually wanted it because he thought it could be bad news.

I know he is trying to be sympathetic to people where it might indeed be bad news, but damn it give me my stuff, it's important and it's not your choice to withhold it.

I don't want to get him fired but I feel like I should report it. We are going to be getting a lot more over this year and some of it could be time sensitive. Getting something on a Monday rather then a Friday because he didn't bother to wait a minute at the door could suck.

Ugh. Small town life.
    Ishin
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfishMember Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    Local boardgame shop has had a HELP WANTED sign up for two months. I'm in there 2+ times a week already, and friendly with all the night-time staff. They encouraged me to apply and said they'd put in good words for me.

Turned in the application 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard a thing. Still in there every week, not a word either way and I don't want to 'corns it up by being pushy.

HELP WANTED sign still in the window, first thing you see when you get there.
    McCoy going to the Bills......

I've been an Eagles fan because I'm loyal to home, but ya know what?

I'M OVER IT NOW.