MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• I'm just really hungry and I should be asleep.

/laid down for two hours for nothing.

I am not tired at all. Only hungry and frustrated.
  • Was earthmelded. In my haven. And then suddenly was caught on fire by a raging inferno, which stuck me underground. Wtf. How...

Thanks @ whomever helped me out of that.

Unrelated. Hate that I slept for seven hours and still feel tired, but no longer feel sleepy.
    imageimage
  • Serious question.

Anybody know a good bit about scientific notation, and if so, will you PLEASSSEE help me with this astronomy lab..

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Nola said:

Serious question.

Anybody know a good bit about scientific notation, and if so, will you PLEASSSEE help me with this astronomy lab..

I used to about 5 years ago.

My mad: Buy GalCiv III on sale for $25, LESS THAN AN HOUR LATER, Fall of Cybertron goes on sale for 75% off. Usually I'd have no issues, but I'm kinda low on money atm and still have a few days before I get paid and the sale ends before I get paid.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Use exponents to stay within your significant digits. Just check them on a calculator to make sure they're correct.
  • Okay well some may know and some may not, back in the beginning of January I had a serious accident where I fell a couple stories and caused some damage to my back. I have four vertebrae which cracked and two of the discs ruptured causing some rather debilitating damages which put me on disability. Mind you I always thought that a broken back would well...incapacitate me, but I was encourage to move around as much as I could...mind you with the amount of drugs I was on, it really ended up mostly bed rest and up for showering.

I began physical therapy the beginning of February and started to rehabilitate myself, mind you this was interesting as hell, I never thought I would be in such a situation and things seemed to be getting better. Pain slowly improving and I was going on walks around the block and moving around okay. Sitting was really the hard thing.

Earlier this week I had a fall while in the shower, I thought I was having muscle spasms and come to find out that the Doctor believes I have damage to my nervous system and it is triggering seizures. I know this disclosure may let people know who I am but at this point I really dont have many outlets and just kinda want to get off my chest that this kind of stuff terrifies me. I have never been hurt like this, and I feel nearly helpless sometimes though I try to keep in good spirits. I appreciate those of you who know and check in on me regularly, I appreciate it so much just to have interaction sometimes.

I still am stubborn as hell, but I go in for some cat-scans and stuff this week so I suppose we will see.

Thank you for letting me vent and for the roleplay when I get to take control of your mobs and mess with you all.

<3

ArekaNolaTozHavenTeaniMoireanMelanthaEmelle
    <3 you @sarosh
    ArekaAryanneAldricHavenTeani
  • We love you! Sending all the good feels to you, @Sarosh
    AryanneErzsebetHavenEmelleTeaniMelantha
  • Getting paid @ 2:50 and the banks close @ 3:00. My employer pays in cash too. Monday is the soonest I can make a deposit.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Why won't the snow end?!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Because winter, @Haven

• I hate having arthritic pain in my toes for no apparent reason. I hate that I already know tonight is going to suck at work because the guy I'm relying on to be there keeps whining that he's getting too many hours so he can't get his free healthcare and says hes not going to work more than 2.5 hours tonight even though hes supposed to work 8. I'm also mad that I still don't have a car again, and that I live so far away from all these interesting people i've met on Aetolia. Rarghraghaghagha!

-_-
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Mudlet's editor. So hard.
    TragerMalok
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    My computer. Has decided it no longer likes mudlet, no longer likes notepad, no longer likes firefox and no longer likes skype--all of them alternate between working fine and not responding. So if answers on Skype/Aet are slow, or I die to PK without making a snarky comment while you're killing me--this is probably why. -.-
    imageimage
  • edited March 2015
    idiots who just want a reason to bitch and stress their workers out, and bitch about their bosses doing the exact same shit in the same 4 hour period. Basically I'm now a hundred dollars less as far as monthly income goes, got tired of a fickle idiot wanting me to take care of his dog all month deciding he knew exactly how everything should be done exactly so, even when he wasn't providing clear enough instruction on any of it. At the end of the day, just basically told him to shove it, because a hundred dollars wasn't worth the stress, nor was it worth the attempts at figuring out what the heck he was wanting out of me. So if he decides he likes how I was doing it, where his dog wasn't sitting in a crate for 8 hours a day, but actually was getting time to run around, romp, play, and go to the bathroom at regular intervals, he knows where to find me, but I'm not dealing with his shit anymore.

Edit: censoring F-bomb that apparently isn't censored via forums, and spelling mistakes. upset right now with the world >.<.
    IraeHavenIshin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Variant operating systems and trying to ensure we support as many as possible. IOS is super rigid while android has way too many versions so our devs are producing vastly different products from the same design specs. I'm tearing my hair out trying to test for consistency and functionality across 2 operating systems and a bazillion versions. Yeah we aren't even touching Windows. Its even worse with my second job as we are indie...compatibility testing is mostly me being sneaky and loading page views at the Apple store.

Why oh why can't the world use one damn operating system...
    IshinIrae
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited March 2015

IshinMoireanIraeHavenTeaniEmelleKeroc
  • Erzsebet said:

My computer. Has decided it no longer likes mudlet, no longer likes notepad, no longer likes firefox and no longer likes skype--all of them alternate between working fine and not responding. So if answers on Skype/Aet are slow, or I die to PK without making a snarky comment while you're killing me--this is probably why. -.-

Sounds like it's time for an OS reinstall, that is so frustrating when your commonly used programs decide they don't want to work anymore though. :(
    Ishin
    Ick. Trying to update Windows, first and seeing if that works. Updating skype accomplished nothing. We'll see if it works, I suppose.
    imageimage
  • Download Malwarebytes Anti Malware and run a full system scan. You may have some sort of bug that is mucking with your network connection. Additionally, you might want to see if there's an update for your network card's drivers.
    ArekaAldric
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited March 2015
    Also check your floppy drive for gremlings. And shake the crumbs out of your keyboard. Also dust out the inside of your computer, it's crazy what kind of odd stuff dust on certain parts causing overheating can do. Weird errors and actual computer slowness, etc.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Might also download and run CCleaner to fix any registry issues. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    I like to disconnect the cat5, set my router up high, and put the end in a bucket to drain out some of the clogged internet.
    ArekaTrager
    ...I feel really dumb. I apparently just needed to restart.

Was the plan anyway, to restart, I just figured I'd multi-task and hit my updates while I was at it. Added five hours of frustration and didn't work. >.>

Seems to be working fine, now.
    imageimage
  • College burnout is hitting me something fierce. I've only got one more semester after this, but god damn am I having trouble working up the motivation to push myself academically like I used to. Add on working about 30 hours a week across 3 jobs on top of the course load, and I'm just about fried.

I just want my piece of paper that says I'm maybe somewhat more qualified to work than somebody without said piece of paper please.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Irae
  • I'm over school and work at this point.

Lost the first lab of three due today and didn't know it until last night when I was scanning everything in. I had to work today after class, so I didn't have time to stay after.

I had to take an hour out early from my drawing class (that I needed, btw, to finish my big still life that's getting critiqued/graded Wed) to go and completely do-over this lab. I couldn't turn it in until just now, but the other two I submitted were already graded.

Because I didn't get the full 10/10 on either of them (and I have no idea what I'll get on this one), my grade has dropped significantly, to an 80. Which I don't even think is a B by his grading scale.

I have no idea what I didn't do right, and I even got help with the math, and we went over it multiple times just to be sure.

I have a math test on Thursday, as well, and a less-stressful Mythology quiz tomorrow on the Illiad (that I'm not even slightly worried about). It's just a lot, ontop of working full-time hours for several weeks now.

I'm just tired. I'm so tired, and I'm so frustrated because I'm doing my best and it's still not good enough.

Aldric
    Hang in there you guys. :)<3
    imageimage
    Aryanne
  • edited March 2015
    I feel you, and sympathize so hard @Nola.

I've got a huge midterm coming up this week that's to be taken online (easier than in class I suppose, but still, timed and whatnot) but it's only open for 3 days. I work full shifts all three of those days, on top of classes right before said work.

That means very little to no time to study, and my only time to take said exam is late at night after work, which I mean come on, who ever wants to do anything after a day of work? 11 PM is hardly an ideal time to be taking a 300-question exam.

EDIT: Additional rage, just because it's pouring out now it seems.

I dropped out of my fraternity after picking up more hours at work. My scholarship was for 4 years, and I'm staying one semester in addition to that, so that last semester I've got to fund a decent chunk of on my own, hence taking extra work. Tacking on an extra 10/15 hours a week committed to fraternity stuff just pushed things overboard, so I didn't have much of a choice.

Since leaving the group filled with people I thought were good friends, I've been pretty much altogether excommunicated despite doing it on good terms. After asking if it was cool if I showed up at a party this last Saturday, I was told, "You showing up here probably wouldn't be the best idea."

That sucks hardcore. Having the social aspect of college (not just parties, but a ton of "friends" and whatnot to distract you) ripped away when you're already struggling with wanting to gtfo school just bites.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Is it possible for you to schedule work around your exams (next time) ahead of time to avoid that? That's like super duper sucky.

As for the social bit, @Aldric.

Obviously if they're that fickle and shallow, and don't sympathize with the your struggle and the entire point of even being in college (to get through it) then you're far better off. But I understand it must really.. be awful, to feel that way, under the impression of something else. On the other hand, better to find that out now, and personally, I'd rather have no relationships if the other option was superficial ones.

You've got us! I know it's not the same, certainly not a replacement for 'there' people, but I've felt a ton of support from this community that's priceless (though I'm sure you get that too).

AldricEmelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Erzsebet said:

...I feel really dumb. I apparently just needed to restart.

Was the plan anyway, to restart, I just figured I'd multi-task and hit my updates while I was at it. Added five hours of frustration and didn't work. >.>

Seems to be working fine, now.

Turning things off and on again is always a very useful trouble-shooting step.

Many programs exhibit small (or large) amounts of memory leaks, or simply accrue higher processing amounts the longer they are turned on and running.

Also - and this is kinda nerdily awesome - there are things called "soft errors" where individual atoms in computer chips can go through a bit of radioactive decay and set values to something different. COSMIC RAYS CAN BREAK YOUR STUFF. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_error