MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    A single misspelled word or misplaced character? Feel free to TYPO it, and someone might snag it eventually.

Anything more significant than that or having to do with sentence structure, flow, etc etc etc is better off using the normal mechanic.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ObynAryanne
  • @Oleis clarified what I meant. In essence, small things are something we can likely take care of. Major changes, complete rewrites, etc etc? That's all on you guys.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    So, sometime yesterday something bit me on my right arm, on the side by my turtle tattoo. This afternoon, it is looking like this:

Guess who is going to the doctor when she gets off work? (joy).

plz excuse the pink halo on the left. My phone cover got in the way.

• I see nothing but Triscuits and priority mail that obviously isn't a priority. What exactly am I looking for?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    There's a bump.
    It's not showing quite as terrifying in photos as it is on my arm, but from the lump on the side (which is burning when you touch it), a red path is going down my arm, to my elbow, and is starting its path up towards my shoulder, in what I assume to be a vein-following pattern. The lump on the side is now starting to overtake my turtle, in its rash.

Double post for pic clarification at the docs office.

• Dad said to go start a fire. I said but dad we got like 20 mph winds today. Dad repeated himself. I started a fire. Dad came out and said I prolly shouldn't of started the fire. No shit dude.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

RasharMoireanAldricIshin
  • My dad always said, "Boy, don't you start a fire if you're just going to put it out."

But he was talking about mixing or chasing liquor with non-alcoholic drinks. :P
    DraimanMoireanLim
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    My dad always said, "Not in the house!"
    MoireanIshinHaven
  • Ugh. The writing of this estate. Makes me cry. Random capital letters. Why. Whyyyyy. Horrible spelling. Horrible grammar. Eeesh.

Any chance of a bulk edit-fixing discount on room redescing? >.> I've yet to encounter a room that doesn't have an error.

Share my pain: http://hastebin.com/raw/cutakugile
    imageimage
  • Winter. All my hobbies are outdoors. I could snowboard in NY, out here the closest hill is like 4 hours away. Thus leading to me running on the treadmill way too much, causing some sharp freaking pain in my hip joint because I don't know how to self moderate. LOSIN IT.
    Emelle
  • Rashar said:
    My dad always said, "Boy, don't you start a fire if you're just going to put it out." But he was talking about mixing or chasing liquor with non-alcoholic drinks. :P
    hahaha that's a good quote. I'm going to use it. :3
    RasharHaven
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Erzsebet said:

Ugh. The writing of this estate. Makes me cry. Random capital letters. Why. Whyyyyy. Horrible spelling. Horrible grammar. Eeesh.

Any chance of a bulk edit-fixing discount on room redescing? >.> I've yet to encounter a room that doesn't have an error.

Plied high upon the floor, are various pillows, lush carpets and softly padded benches.

I have this in my note as "the most dangerous and uncomfortable blanket-fort ever."
    Irae
    so, just an update if anyone cares:

I went to my nurse practitioner, who I see as a regular doctor person. She looked at the mess and did a 'nope'. Her exact words were, "That's terrible. That's an actual spider bite. I can't treat that, oh my gosh that looks awful, you're going to the ER." Thank you, Tracy.

So, I go to pick up my mama (because strong, independent 26 yr olds need their mamas for the ER, don'tcha know) and off we go. THEY look at it, and bustle me in. At this point the streaking had reached my elbow and was merrily about half way up the other side, towards my arm pit. My nurse lady had outlined its borders in the office before I left, and it had grown past those marks, and it had only been about 40 min from the time I left her to the ER.

SO, I got an IV put in, a steroid, an antibiotic, and Benadryl pumped in me for a half hour (that was actually quite pleasant, the last time I got Iv'd, it took 6 hours), and then about an hour after that we were sent home. I had to pick up an arsenal of drugs and I have a followup to do in four days.

Moral of this story, kids: I don't care if spiders kill other buggies for you. I want them out of my god damned house.

Irae
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Erzsebet said:

Ugh. The writing of this estate. Makes me cry. Random capital letters. Why. Whyyyyy. Horrible spelling. Horrible grammar. Eeesh.

Hay y u tryna change my designz?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• Mariena said:

so, just an update if anyone cares:

I went to my nurse practitioner, who I see as a regular doctor person. She looked at the mess and did a 'nope'. Her exact words were, "That's terrible. That's an actual spider bite. I can't treat that, oh my gosh that looks awful, you're going to the ER." Thank you, Tracy.

So, I go to pick up my mama (because strong, independent 26 yr olds need their mamas for the ER, don'tcha know) and off we go. THEY look at it, and bustle me in. At this point the streaking had reached my elbow and was merrily about half way up the other side, towards my arm pit. My nurse lady had outlined its borders in the office before I left, and it had grown past those marks, and it had only been about 40 min from the time I left her to the ER.

SO, I got an IV put in, a steroid, an antibiotic, and Benadryl pumped in me for a half hour (that was actually quite pleasant, the last time I got Iv'd, it took 6 hours), and then about an hour after that we were sent home. I had to pick up an arsenal of drugs and I have a followup to do in four days.

Moral of this story, kids: I don't care if spiders kill other buggies for you. I want them out of my god damned house.

uhh...sounds like they were quick to respond for what may very well have been a Brown Recluse bite. Sounds typical, and be glad you went in quickly for it, you go in just a day after the bite, you lose an arm, go in a week, you won't survive.. those fuckers are EVIL.

I can tolerate ALL spiderbros except brown recluse AKA fiddelbacks.. they are NOT spiderbros..they're the mean drunks that'll come after YOU to kick your ass because you're right there in front of them.
    IshinMariena
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Pains in my lower back/muscle spasms. Not sure why or how, but it hurts a hell of a lot.

• @mariena Glad to hear you went in and got drugged/fixed up! That was looking gnarly :(

Independent 26 year olds totally need their Mommas at the ER. You speak the truth.

ErzsebetMarienaEmelle
  • edited February 2015
    pshh...my momma needed me in the ER...several times. bones of glass, skin of paper, plus a shelf at walmart just out of her reach with sharp edges equals like..twelve stiches down her forearm to her inner-elbow...and I sat with her for over sixteen hours in that ER.

went in at like 11 am..didn't leave until 2 am the next morning.
  • Hadrak said:

Pains in my lower back/muscle spasms. Not sure why or how, but it hurts a hell of a lot.

I used to get upper back spasms when I played tennis. Any time I can #flex my back it starts up again, no clue why. Chiropractor helped me if you can find one that'll electrostim it for you?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Firstaid CONTINUING to favor a tree tattoo over freaking ORBIS.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I woulda died. I don't go to the doctors for anything shy of a broken bone. Had a piece of glass in my foot and walked with a limp for 3 months till I got sick of it and cut it out whilst drunk.
    edited February 2015

uhh...sounds like they were quick to respond for what may very well have been a Brown Recluse bite. Sounds typical, and be glad you went in quickly for it, you go in just a day after the bite, you lose an arm, go in a week, you won't survive.. those fuckers are EVIL.

I can tolerate ALL spiderbros except brown recluse AKA fiddelbacks.. they are NOT spiderbros..they're the mean drunks that'll come after YOU to kick your ass because you're right there in front of them.
    I'm hoping it wasn't a brown recluse bite because I've seen those pictures online and holy balls. ew ew ew ew. I work at a college with a nursing division luckily, around noon yesterday the vein-spreading rash that was crawling up my arm was almost at my elbow so I figured one of our nursing instructors would know if I should get it looked at >.>. Their answer and the fact it kept growing so rapidly prompted me to go.

@Aryanne & @Sakyl @everyone - looking a lot better today! The vein spreading has stopped, you can't see it from my elbow up, and from the elbow to my wrist it looks faded. I have many many many things to be taken for it, including the antibiotic that I have to take 1x every six hours.

• Meep! Glad you're okay though. Even if it does take a boatload of medicine to accomplish. Spider bites frequently don't fuck around.
    imageimage
    Mariena
    RIP Leonard Nimoy. :(
    ErzsebetHadrakAryanneKerrynSetneIshinNolaEmellePeriluna
  • He shall not be mourned. That is not the Vulcan thing to do. Live long and prosper.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• edited February 2015
    Yesterday into today has just been horrible. Looks like the relationship with my sister is over for now and I just don't even know how to feel about it besides extremely sad. And I don't really know why, when I have every reason to not be sad about it. I don't know what to even do besides try to breath.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    :(@Dristin. Sorry to hear that. <3
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    After Riley and Benji, I hate how my heart seizes and I become such an anxious wreck any time the critters show even the slightest hint of being off color.