• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    TIL: Moirean is a cosmic ray.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    MoireanEmelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    *BEAMS*
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Hate it when folk directly copy one of my designs. Especially when they screw it up and do it wrong. Hate it even more when it's a Celani. Like. Wtf.
    imageimage
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I thought this was -not- supposed to be a "rage about game stuff" thread? Ankyrean Anguish is closed (for a reason).

I rage that I didn't get the summer job that would take me to San Diego this summer, and that once again I will be away from the country when there's a good concert available for me in Sweden. Last year it was Rolling Stones, this year it's Muse...

On the plus side though, I get to return to lovely Bournemouth for 3 weeks (and the trip goes via Paris, so perhaps I shouldn't complain <.<)

Ishin
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Teani said:

I thought this was -not- supposed to be a "rage about game stuff" thread? Ankyrean Anguish is closed (for a reason).

That is correct, Teani.

I'll repeat it for posterity's sake: do not post about your Aetolian woes and rages in this thread.

edited March 2015
    Because it was a Celani, there's not really anything I can do about it IG, or I'd bitch there. But noted.

ETA: I rage that we have no aetolia rage thread. I get why we don't, I'm not asking for a new one. Just. Rage.
    imageimage
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Anyone concerned with a Celani should message (or email) me or Razmael.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • I don't really understand why we don't, to be honest. Too negative for you? Don't read it. Maddening thread is way more depressing to me, hearing about -real- issues people go through.

@zsadist tears never hurt anybody, and several issues have been resolved because of forum debates, however heated. We have mods for a reason.
    ErzsebetZsadistKonnornTragerPeriluna
    Actually, raging here -did- help me resolve said issue. Just saying.
    imageimage
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Amending: "If we're solving problems on the forums, it's nothing a message couldn't have accomplished [without the need for passive-aggressive venting]."

You are all welcome to handle your business in any way you find appropriate, but we're under no obligation to encourage bad habits. Let's find something else to be Mad about in here, and we can all feel free to go through more direct channels if we need.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    People go on the offensive when you message them with rage over something they've done--even if you don't present it as MAN WTF IS YOUR DEAL YO and talk to them civilly, in my experience.

On topic: I rage that employers in this city want five years of experience or a four-year bachelor degree to give you a basic office job. I'm perfectly capable of using word, excel, powerpoint, and access, I type at 65 words a minute on a half-asleep day which is more than double what you're asking for, and I'm somehow not qualified because I have two years of office experience instead of half a decade? Ugh.
    imageimage
  • Oleis said:

A neverending waterfall of pissfights and tears.

I have nothing to add except I love this line.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AldricDraimanJensenIshinTeaniJamiPeriluna
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Erzsebet said:

People go on the offensive when you message them with rage over something they've done--even if you don't present it as MAN WTF IS YOUR DEAL YO and talk to them civilly, in my experience.

He said message Oleis or Raz, not whomever you had a problem with in question. So.

Teani
  • That exactly. If there is ever a problem with a Celani, be it abusing their privileges or any sort of other problem, you should go to Oleis or Razmael since they're our bosses.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Psssst... Listen..., shhhh and just listen.... I <3 you all, let's all be cool
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Bah. Bah humbug. I have a small fever (99-100f) not enough to be -worried-, but enough to make me cold and my eyes hot. Stupid bug-bite-of-doom. Why won't you stop messing with me? In other news, it is looking a whole lot less like it is trying to kill me!

• Fell down the stairs because I'm a child trapped in an adult body, got bumped by a horse carrying two 5 gallon water buckets and spilled half one one RIGHT DOWN INTO MY BOOT, then while pushing a wheel barrow full of horse shit, managed to walk on the only maybe two foot steps worth of ice on the floor in the whole barn aisle from someone spilling water last night, feet went over my head and I landed on my ass, spilling the whole wheel barrow.

Going to work soon, let's see HOW ELSE I CAN SCREW TODAY UP. (My back hurts, definitely tweaked it with my Michael Jackson moves before plummeting to my death)
  • I hate the word UNICORNS TOO because THERE ARE NO SUCH THING.
    Asaraii said:

I hate the word UNICORNS TOO because THERE ARE NO SUCH THING.

Gasp. YOU TAKE THAT BACK.
    imageimage
    OleisEmelleDidiTeani
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    So much salt. So tasty.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I'm looking to build a website for my research to make myself, as well as my work, accessible and marketable for grad school. It turns out that its a huge pain in the ass. I rage at how complicated this is getting and I now have a renewed respect for people who build sites online.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Ishin
  • Just had to deal with, by far, the least comfortable walk-in potential-client I've had.

Kept trying to make steady, staring eye contact with me, looking at my eyes instead of the things I was showing him. His story of why he was there and what he was looking for was REALLY flimsy and vague. Smelled like alcoholic vagrant. Felt the need to point out to me that his wife and him are very estranged. Felt the need to tell me his exact age several times. Stood a little too close to me, put his hand out to shake multiple times, telling me each time, "You're a sweet girl" and not so much SHAKING my hand as holding it as I shook and promptly let go as quickly as possible.

He asked for my card eventually after awhile. I had really not given him any information other than basic "You'll need to find out some more info before I can give you a cost", and he has been telling me unnecessary facts about his life.

He then asks if we could continue this at coffee later.

After dodging that like a clumsy, red-faced idiot explaining that we don't have coffee at the office, but he can certainly come back later when he has more details on what he is looking for (but 20 times clumsier), he tells me: "I'm trying to make friends. Serious friends. Friends who are really serious about being good friends." I tried to be as dismissive as humanly possible.

Thank god I accidentally handed him my coworker's card.

heebie jeebies. Blah!

IraeArbreValenaeIshinAlissandra
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I JUST WANTED A FRIEND, ARY. JEEZE.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

MoireanAryanneAldricArbreIshinErzsebet
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    What I wanna know is what sort of person is a walk in client for a funeral headstone?
    RasharAldricArbre
  • Also, this rage feels petty but I'm tired of finding friends who are either too self obssessed or annoyingly immature. I further rage that it seems to get harder and harder to meet people as I get older.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

ZsadistIshinVolka
  • edited March 2015
    @moirean - probably half of the people who come here don't call before hand, so that aspect of it isn't atypical.

However, rarely do people (as he did) actually WALK here from wherever they live. You know who actually WALKS in? Creepy people.

EDIT:importantly confusing typo fixed

• I hate the courier service here. Twice the gentleman has tried to keep back packages or rather 'delay' them because they are from a law office. The first time he waited ten seconds after ringing the doorbell before walking away, I had to chase him down the drive just to get it and before he would hand it over he wanted to know if I actually wanted it because he thought it could be bad news.

I know he is trying to be sympathetic to people where it might indeed be bad news, but damn it give me my stuff, it's important and it's not your choice to withhold it.

I don't want to get him fired but I feel like I should report it. We are going to be getting a lot more over this year and some of it could be time sensitive. Getting something on a Monday rather then a Friday because he didn't bother to wait a minute at the door could suck.

Ugh. Small town life.
    Ishin
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Local boardgame shop has had a HELP WANTED sign up for two months. I'm in there 2+ times a week already, and friendly with all the night-time staff. They encouraged me to apply and said they'd put in good words for me.

Turned in the application 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard a thing. Still in there every week, not a word either way and I don't want to 'corns it up by being pushy.

HELP WANTED sign still in the window, first thing you see when you get there.
  • McCoy going to the Bills......

I've been an Eagles fan because I'm loyal to home, but ya know what?

I'M OVER IT NOW.