MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    My grandfather died two weeks ago, and I'm still kinda getting over that, but I only saw him a few times a year. It was sad, and it sucked, but you know how that goes.

...Then yesterday I got a phone call from my mom sobbing that my great grandmother is in the ER, and that they think she had at least one stroke. I thought hopefully the delirious state she was in yesterday was just a result of the medicine cocktail they gave her, but today she was worse.

She's talking about people being in the room who aren't there, forgetting the names of the people around her, switching between German and English in her speech (that jumps around so much in no coherent way, even knowing German), constantly making motions and searching for things that aren't there, and today when I tried to make sure she stayed in bed after helping to feed her lunch (physical therapist said this morning she collapsed after only two steps, so moving is no bueno) she swung at me, started yelling, and then sobbing uncontrollably. She had three fits like this today.

I haven't quite experienced a loss in my life yet that hit home, but I feel like this is going downhill far faster than it's getting better. This woman played a huge role in raising me while we were going through court for custody issues, she's survived breast cancer twice, leukemia, you name it, but this is.. different than the others.

She's one of those people that is just awesome, you know? Enough stories to occupy somebody for days, she's traveled the world, has a bag full of medals she's won from marathons and triathlons, everything. We talked perfectly normally just last week when I took her for lunch, and now I can't even hold a conversation with her.

My nerves are just beyond even shot. I can't focus on my school work in a semester following one I already did poorly in. I'm supposed to play the supportive role for my family on that side, but it's hard to maintain the optimistic facade when you know deep down that things aren't looking good at all.

Sorry for the essay, I just needed an outlet and you guys were it for now :(
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Moirean
  • Dementia is never a good thing when it sets in, which is what it sounds like. Hope things get better for you though, but its not sounding like it. Sorry for your loss though man.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Ishin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    My sick got more sick. Got sent home from work. I hate missing work. Also my temperature is like 100-101 and it's SO HOT IN HERE. Nobody wants to catch anything, so I'm all aloooooone. My dad left some OJ and nyquil outside the front door. That is as close as anyone will get. :(
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    It's like 60 and raining outside!

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I know how you feel, @Moirean. I'm in the same position with around 100-101 temp. It's 14F outside, so not really up for the very short trip to the store for some OJ. Maybe tomorrow though.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Teani said:

I know how you feel, @Moirean. I'm in the same position with around 100-101 temp. It's 14F outside, so not really up for the very short trip to the store for some OJ. Maybe tomorrow though.

Call someone to bring you some!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    edited January 2015
    Serrice said:

I know! That's how I realized I have a fever. I'm wearing a tank top and I keep going out to stand in the drizzle to cool off. It just FEELS super hot. (using a thermometor now to monitor it but it seems to be staying mild thank goodness)

Serrice
    Moirean said:

Serrice said:

I know! That's how I realized I have a fever. I'm wearing a tank top and I keep going out to stand in the drizzle to cool off. It just FEELS super hot. (using a thermometor now to monitor it but it seems to be staying mild thank goodness)

Just make sure you bundle back up and dry off when you come inside. Hot/cold like that can really make you sick too.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Ishin: Tried that, but they don't want to be out in the cold either. Going out tomorrow after some more sleep. Hoping fever breaks before then.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Looking at pictures of me in High School. I was gorgeous and people made me hate myself and my body so much. Granted, my bipolar was in full effect back then, undiagnosed and untreated, so I took any small comment personally, but just remembering how people would make me feel fat and stuff and now I look at myself and think of how much better I looked than all of my skinny, twiggy friends that I was so jealous of. It just makes me so angry how people treat each other. This is NOT fat.

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy263/arbreaquila/People/Old Pictures/211948_6314aa847e_o_zpsd761776d.jpg
    AryanneRasharMoireanJensenTeaniAreka
    No, that isn't fat at all. You were very adorable. :) Younger Ish would definitely have flirted. <3
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ArbreErzsebetJensenAryanneSetneEmelle
  • You were and are still lovely.

Self-esteem/body-image issues are a bitch to get over.
    imageimage
    AryanneEmelleTeani
    @serrice - I don't get why you are being trolly. Do you think I'm, like, making up being sick? Lesson learned, don't share personal stuff here.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited January 2015
    Insightful seemed a more appropriate than Like or Agree. I wasn't trying to be trolly.

Sorry if you took it that way.

AryanneTrager
  • @arbre Yeah, damn, what I wouldn't have given to fit into something like that in highschool! Definitely nothing even remotely close to fat! What is that... a 6 or 8? /me doesn't know how tall you are to gauge width correctly

Erzsebet
  • edited January 2015
    Snow storm tuesday. No big, right? I'm a Mainer now. I got out of my driveway fiiine. Had to de-ice inside of windshield, weirdly, then got to work safely. Get out at 7pm, drop off co-worker who walked to work, went home. The rd to get to my house? Not plowed, ok. Mine? defintely not ok. My driveway? See picture.

I wade through snow to the door, and get my scarf and hat I hadn't bothered with. There's a winter ban, so I had to TURN AROUND AND GO BACK TO WORK and leave car in parking lot overnight. 3 hrs later, co-worker drops me off a couple sts over and I have to wade through the drift again. Next morning? Landlord woke me up at 630am snowblowing. I gave him a piece of my mind--he gave me a ride to work. :smile:
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Aryanne
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Aryanne More like a 16, but yeah, I'd die to be that size again now. Slooooowly getting closer.
    KendriAryanne
  • Oh man, @Arbre. The inappropriate things a 16 year old me would have done with you. :)

But you are still a beautiful person, so eff those guys and all the ones after them too. We're better friends than they were, so stick with us. :) I think maybe you're not the only one that takes everything to heart, even from idiots. For instance, I am so jelly of anyone that doesn't have AUBURN HAIR (eff you, oasis peeps, it's not red).

<- thinks Arbre is amazing and wants to be pals.

ErzsebetJensenAshmerHavenTeaniDraimanTrager
  • It's definitely red.
    RasharHaven
  • Red
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Hnng. Utterly delusional small business owners and their constant inability to manage their businesses, delegate work, properly allocate accountability, or act fairly towards their employees.

I am so livid.
    AshmerAryanneMalok
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    It's pretty upsetting how "alternative" sexuality is now being portrayed in public media. I can tell you what I won't be seeing on Valentine's Day.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

AryanneErzsebetArekaVolka
  • Noone has any damn mint chocolates anymore!!! Where the fuck they'd all go?!?!!?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    giftbag chocolates from last promo all decayed
    Aryanne
  • We JUST had a cryptic chest sale. We get alot of chocolates in those. :(

• Female roommate is in a mood today, so EVERYONE MUST SUFFER.

Get my new phone, I'm taking 15 minutes to activate it after spending a good 2 and a half hours doing barn work (by myself, she's in the house drinking and facebooking/whining to anyone that will listen to her about her hard life). In this time, 6 people show up to the barn. So her and male roomie (her husband, who busts his arse and she craps on daily) and these people can't catch one of the horses. She's irately storming around and swearing and complaining, after I told her to give me 5 minutes to finish activating my phone.

Well go down there, horses are all riled up, they're trying to put them into some other pasture and getting the horses more wound up, she's yelling at him, he's trying not to kill her, horses spazzing everywhere, rah rah rah.

I grab a lead rope, handful of grain, talk to the horse for 20 seconds, she calms down and I catch her and lead her into the barn. Now roommate won't talk to me and is storming around like a maniac.

UNICORNS BE TRIPPIN'.
    AshmerIshinMalok
  • Third week. Had a break down.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    I have a strong, sneaking suspicion that this weekend winter storm is going to be really bad.

Mariena
  • @Hadrak What are you expecting? We're supposed to have 10-14 inches with 35 mph winds starting later tonight into Sunday night.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    9-14 inches, but it's the wind that is going to be a killer.