Short Questions

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Rashar said:

Plus I don't know what you'd really do to change it. Move them outside Delos? Kind of craps on the people that spend good money on the most premium shops in the game.

Bring content to the area to increase the traffic.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    TeaniPeriluna
  • Yeah, that's a good point.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited January 2015
    Rashar said:

Yeah, that's a good point.

Yeah, cause there's really only so much players can do to try and bolster activity in that region. I think it'd be cool if the admin team developed the area a little more and show progress for the camp. Have them gradually change into a village or city with quests that players can partake to influence the outcome of the camps theme on their rise or fall. Could make the camp have a mini-game periodically to attract players more. Like know the Indyuk tribe thing? Maybe give the refugee camp their own version of being inducted and have membership allow you to partake in a 'Festivus' kinda thing that plays out periodically like a survivor's game that rewards...I dunno unique mounts or bonuses or honor lines, etc.

Edit: Or maybe make the refugee camp potentially a rival to Delos or whatever. Like give them unique NPCs with services that players might need or want. For instance, gold or credit sink, where the camp is home to a new NPC that sells time capsules that allows you to reset an instance or whatever. Or maybe it's home to a 'black market' that sells some delve stuff so players don't have to run all the way to the new continent for some items. I dunno. Skies the limit really.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    RiluoErzsebetTeaniPeriluna
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I don't think it's lack of content as much as it being more out of the way and not having a directory. My shopping habits these days consist of doing DIRECTORY ALL [thing] or walking out from my wings to Delos.
    Haven
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah I mean if I am REALLY shopping or looking for something I really want I will check there (Albeit last)
  • I....this probably belongs in confessions, but I don't even know where the refugee camp -is-.
    imageimage
    IshinDenira
  • Erzsebet said:

I....this probably belongs in confessions, but I don't even know where the refugee camp -is-.

In the Liruma, near to NoT.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Well, to enlighten you, @Erzsebet‌, and others who don't know: the Refugee camp is located down from the northern most entrance in Liruma Scrublands close to Sehal.

• Does anyone know if ARENAWATCH is broken, well You can arenawatch -person- but at the correct points or even in the arena itself you cant 'diagnose -person-' or has it been disabled?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Nalor said:

Does anyone know if ARENAWATCH is broken, well You can arenawatch -person- but at the correct points or even in the arena itself you cant 'diagnose -person-' or has it been disabled?

Should be fixed now.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    RiluoIshinDraiman
  • So I submitted my custom haven entrance message about 3 weeks ago, I think. Is there someone in particular I should message to nudge about it being approved?
  • Give it time. It took me almost 6 weeks to get mine approved.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Is there a way we can see where guildmembers are in the Academy (the ACADEMY verb, specifically) similar to how we can see tasks?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I specifically asked raz for this ability and remember him implementing it. Maybe it's only for ambassador aides but I don't see why. You tried academy view?
  • edited January 2015
    ACADEMY VIEW -player- : View the Academy status of a newbie in your city.
    You can optionally append an Academy task to see more
    details. E.g. ACADEMY VIEW -player- CONFLICT
    Arbre
    Thanks!
    edited January 2015
    Am I no longer able to edit posts (beyond my own) as a mod?

Maybe you're doing it wrong, unless I'm able to do it because I'm in the imms group.
  • ...did they move the distance of farsight into the skill at all? Even like. A tiny bit? I'm suddenly two lessons away from it on a character I swear has had it for aaaages.
    imageimage
  • Speaking of farsight, is it a bug that farseeing somebody that's in an unstable area also gives you an aura? That seems a little strange.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited January 2015
    Do you have a log to support this? Some unexpected things make you show up on assists, and consequently give you aura.

• I don't have a log, but @Konai actually pointed it out. The lesser was in the Tarean Ice Caverns, which I didn't have access too. The only reason I knew it was there was because I used farsee on Kendri, who was in the unstable section. When Konai started attacking me I questioned it since I didn't have an aura, but he pastebin'd me a thing showing him squinting into the room and me actually having one.

I didn't walk through any unstable areas on the way, and since I don't have the Indyuk quest done I couldn't actually get down there, so I didn't get it from there. Also didn't actually get the line about having an aura, but evidently I had one!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Aldric said:

I don't have a log, but @Konai actually pointed it out. The lesser was in the Tarean Ice Caverns, which I didn't have access too. The only reason I knew it was there was because I used farsee on Kendri, who was in the unstable section. When Konai started attacking me I questioned it since I didn't have an aura, but he pastebin'd me a thing showing him squinting into the room and me actually having one.

I didn't walk through any unstable areas on the way, and since I don't have the Indyuk quest done I couldn't actually get down there, so I didn't get it from there. Also didn't actually get the line about having an aura, but evidently I had one!

@Aldric did you order ya warhound to track/attack either of the people with aura?

Also I never had aura as I was in phase at the entrance as I dont have the quest either
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    @Razmael @oleis Where is this months promotion?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Riluo said:

They said something would be coming up in the middle of January, I Believe. Can't remember which thread it was mentioned in though.

RiluoIshin
  • Riluo said:

Just like Konnorn said, they will be coming in the middle of the month. Just stay tuned. :)
    RiluoIshin
  • Looking for swat discussion here? Hah! Go over here instead:

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1763/discuss-swat-here-people#latest
  • Kendri said:

I had density from just before we went in, didn't lose it and got hit with this:

For reference my audit is:

+-- Resistances ------------------------+
    Cutting | 25% 0% 40% 39%
    Blunt | 25% 0% 40% 39%

I'm curious if this is a low audit, what is a decent audit?

As templar, with racial cutting blunt resistance, divine favour, fullplate (82/84) I am only a bit higher then that.

Cutting | 20% 0% 54% 42%
    Blunt | 20% 0% 56% 43%

With Shell, and Protection, I can push it up up to 55% /56% total. But from my understanding Templar are one of the highest resistance classes.

The following abilities and items are protecting you from Cutting damage:
    Protection Aura: 15%
    Energy Shell: 5%
    Divine Favor: 10%
    Armor: 54%
    Racial Resistance: 10%
  • I participated in one Major before the holidays, but I haven't seen any since. It was fun and I've been eagerly awaiting more. When can we look forward to seeing these again?
    Ishin
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Kendri said:

I participated in one Major before the holidays, but I haven't seen any since. It was fun and I've been eagerly awaiting more. When can we look forward to seeing these again?

We'll probably have another one or two some time during this coming week.
    KendriIshin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Razmael said:

Kendri said:

I participated in one Major before the holidays, but I haven't seen any since. It was fun and I've been eagerly awaiting more. When can we look forward to seeing these again?

We'll probably have another one or two some time during this coming week.
    YESSSSS. FEED ME THE PKS.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin