Short Questions

Comments

• Caitlin stomps a foot mightily into the ground and a quickly-moving spiderweb of cracks spreads
    outwards from the impact towards you.
    H:6765/6765 M:4730/4730 E:100% W:100% B:100% XP:14.97% [eb] Night
    As the spiderweb of cracks reaches you, Caitlin quickly drops to the ground and begins to pry open
    the splits into a gaping chasm, using naught but her sheer strength alone.
    Caitlin's muscles bulge as she tears apart the earth, the deafening rumble drowning out her yell of
    effort. The mighty chasm quickly spreads through the cracks in the ground towards you and swallows
    you into its dark depths. You fall rapidly through the abyss, barely having enough time to recognize
    your fate before the hard impact shatters every bone in your body.
    Your flesh has decayed into almost total liquid and you fall to the ground, spreading into a pool of
    stinking green liquid.
    You have been slain by Caitlin.

O.o What kind of skill is this, that insta-kills with literally zero set up.
    imageimage
  • Erzsebet said:

Caitlin stomps a foot mightily into the ground and a quickly-moving spiderweb of cracks spreads
    outwards from the impact towards you.
    As the spiderweb of cracks reaches you, Caitlin quickly drops to the ground and begins to pry open
    the splits into a gaping chasm, using naught but her sheer strength alone.
    Caitlin's muscles bulge as she tears apart the earth, the deafening rumble drowning out her yell of
    effort. The mighty chasm quickly spreads through the cracks in the ground towards you and swallows
    you into its dark depths. You fall rapidly through the abyss, barely having enough time to recognize
    your fate before the hard impact shatters every bone in your body.
    Your flesh has decayed into almost total liquid and you fall to the ground, spreading into a pool of
    stinking green liquid.
    You have been slain by Caitlin.

O.o What kind of skill is this, that insta-kills with literally zero set up.

This is Teradrim chasm. It takes several seconds before it goes through. Movement will stop it, just like with Judgment or other similar skills. Also, if you can make them have to do something like heal/etc - they can't do anything on their end while it's going through.
    Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I miss PK sometimes.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    DraimanIshinAshmer
  • Ah--is there a reason it doesn't show up what it is in shiny red text above it like every other attack?
    imageimage
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    No one happened to program that in. Not all skills have been converted to use combat messages.

HavenIshin
  • Ah. Good to know.

Does starchart stack with artifacts/blessings?
    imageimage
  • Yes
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Huh. Doesn't stack with -something-. Stats didn't change before/after.
    imageimage
  • Did you get a malus on the same stat? Are you capped?
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited January 2015
    I got peripleko's negative, which is willower--checked HELP MEJEVSAVELNEL to make sure that wasn't the case. Shouldn't be capped? Thought the cap was 21? I'm at 19.

ETA: Nevermind. It replaces normal star stuff, right? Was already a plus con month.
    imageimage
    Reux
  • A few questions regarding maze rooms like the ones in Ati's Plantation place:

- Is it actually possible to get out? If so, is it entirely luck? I swear, I was looking around for close to 15 minutes and couldn't find an exit from the place.

- Is there an increased endurance drain associated with them? Every room I moved I lost 1% of my endurance, which is... crazy.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Anyone have any idea of when we will know if they're doing a January promotion or not?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Malok said:

Anyone have any idea of when we will know if they're doing a January promotion or not?

We'll have a surprise mid-month. Chests until then.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Malok
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    ok so my system keeps going crazy and sending random stuff like this when I fight. A few people said it is gmcp overload? What can I do...

H:3934 M:4972 E:29690 W:15545 B:39% Mad:0% XP:95% [c -b] [exx fxr] [t:88%]
    0", will execute the following command when y", next regain equilibrium and balance: wipe
    scythe#stand#frenzy yarel#dwhisper impatience epilepsy yarel
    0", will execute the following command when y", next regain equilibrium and balance: wipe

times 9000000000000 until it dies fully!!!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I have to say, I love, love loved the tree part of the promotion. Is there plans to do similar promotions that encourage people to do things instead of afk for their reward?
    MalokAldricTeaniKonnornAshmerMaelKerrynAishia
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Ugh, mine used to do that, @Riluo
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    ya I don't mind idling but it was nice to have it in my own hands.
  • is there a limit to how much gold I can withdraw from a bankaccount in one go/per month? I know there is with org banks but what about my own?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Aldric said:

A few questions regarding maze rooms like the ones in Ati's Plantation place:

- Is it actually possible to get out? If so, is it entirely luck? I swear, I was looking around for close to 15 minutes and couldn't find an exit from the place.

- Is there an increased endurance drain associated with them? Every room I moved I lost 1% of my endurance, which is... crazy.

Yes and yes. Re: exits - they are random. Use observe to check for the way out more efficiently. Re: endurance - the drain might not be intentional, but it's definitely there.
    Liska said:

is there a limit to how much gold I can withdraw from a bankaccount in one go/per month? I know there is with org banks but what about my own?

No.
  • The massive elementals you kill when using the cryptic chest elemental globes...when you offer their corpses, do they count for essence?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Malok said:

The massive elementals you kill when using the cryptic chest elemental globes...when you offer their corpses, do they count for essence?

Yep! I don't know how much, but if you offer/sacrifice fast enough they certainly do :)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Malok
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Erzsebet said:
    I got peripleko's negative, which is willower--checked HELP MEJEVSAVELNEL to make sure that wasn't the case. Shouldn't be capped? Thought the cap was 21? I'm at 19. ETA: Nevermind. It replaces normal star stuff, right? Was already a plus con month.
    You can do help astronomy or help stars. Less to type. Help moon if you want to type even less.
  • Quick question...how the hell does one go about buying a shop in Aetolia these days? I've never owned a shop in any IRE game, and it's literally one of the few things I have never done yet. I'd like to remedy that.
  • Good luck.
    MalokDraimanTragerAldricIshin
  • Malok said:

Quick question...how the hell does one go about buying a shop in Aetolia these days? I've never owned a shop in any IRE game, and it's literally one of the few things I have never done yet. I'd like to remedy that.

TBH, you have to manage to find someone looking to not have a shop anymore. At this point, that's very rare. Or, the city has to repo one. Which..is also very rare. You'll probably just want to start advertising where you are looking to buy. But, keep in mind that prices can go VERY high because of the limited market.
  • Especially if you buy in Delos. Try to stay away from refugee camp shops, as well, because they're in a low-traffic area.
    Dristin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    When even Admin says that the refugee camp shops are worth less, shouldn't that be looked in to and perhaps be changed?

MalokAldricErzsebetXenia
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Teani said:

When even Admin says that the refugee camp shops are worth less, shouldn't that be looked in to and perhaps be changed?

They're remnants of Ashtan's shops because Admin didn't want to crap on the investments of players. So no, not really, considering they technically shouldn't exist anymore.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Erzsebet
  • Plus I don't know what you'd really do to change it. Move them outside Delos? Kind of craps on the people that spend good money on the most premium shops in the game.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Shops are rare alright, I have owned one in loch since day one and get offered millions all the time for it.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."