Mafia: Original Flavor

Comments

• I think I'm finding Llok's run-and-gun flippant mentality a bit tough to read through, but I'm feeling quite suspicious of it.

Vote: @Llok‌

Maybe it's just a beef with the wildcard mentality, maybe he's hiding something, but either way I've just got a bad feeling about him.

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I can agree to that, if Damonicus is really offing himself.
    Unvote; Damon
    Vote: Llok
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    In that case, back to the Llok train I go. Please let's get this game moving.

Vote: Jami
  • Also, I'm not sure if Damonicus can actually kill himself (@Damariel will have to provide clarification there - can he do that, or do we need to vote him?)

But I agree that wasting a day round lynching somebody who's more than likely a citizen is shooting ourselves in the foot. If he was mafia or a pertinent power role for the citizens I doubt he'd be so quick to duck out here, so why possibly put ourselves in a position to give up the opportunity to snag scum today?

Piper
  • He cannot kill himself. You will need to vote for him.
  • Llok's posts didn't seem helpful, more distracting and odd. I'm interested to see if that was covering up him being scum

Vote:Llok
  • Lol. K Slyphe.
  • Just to add something, I have Slyphe pegged as Mafia so next round when I'm proved innocent, turn your attention to him.
  • Llok said:

Just to add something, I have Slyphe pegged as Mafia so next round when I'm proved innocent, turn your attention to him.

Pegged as mafia because I'm voting to kill somebody that responds with such intuitive and informative posts as, "Lol. K."?

Sounds like deflection to me, but you do what you'd like!

With my hunch that Damonicus is a citizen, I'm not going to vote to off him even though Damariel said that needs to be done if he wants to leave. An extra citizen hanging around is one more person that levels the town majority necessary to prevent a mafia win. Playing or not, he still counts towards that ratio. If anything it's a bit of cushion for us.

My vote for Llok stands.

• Vote: Llok

• For the sake of the game moving on

Vote : Llok

Sorry bro.

Politics
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I still think we should get rid of the unwilling weight of the game, personally, since I'm not one hundred percent certain that Damonicus isn't removing himself due to out of game rage but. .. But. .. I'll go with Llok. He was the other one I'd intended to target with my few posts this day. UNVOTE Damonicus. VOTE Llok.

• I think I'm just gonna go with the crowd here.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    So. This game seems to be more about getting enough votes for a lynch that trying to discern who is actually mafia or not. I'm not all that great at mafia games, so I'd sort of been waiting for someone to post some sort of compelling reasoning as to whoever might be mafia or not. Personally, I think Moirean's hyper bouncing back and forth stands out the most to me (both her votes this rounds basically want 'there is a train I better jump on it'), but I'm not really sure that's something she'd be doing if she was mafia. No idea really. A lot of people are making fairly minimalistic posts but that doesn't necessarily make them bad guys. So... because lack of more reasonable targets:

Vote: Moirean
    No. My vote was initially for Llok and I gave a rather long post explaining why. This round then dragged on for like three days, so, yeah, I jumped on the Jami train because it had the most votes simply to END THIS DAMN ROUND so we can play the game. Llok train picked up steam instead, so I went back.

Why would you try to reset this round after we've been here for daaaaaaays. :|
  • Personally, I have no clue why it's taking people so long to post. I feel like I've been the only one talking and saying anything based on any sort of interactions, and quiet honestly, it's frustrating.

This has happened a lot recently - people sign up and then never check the thread or something, or just don't participate because they are afraid of being voted out? I dunno. You may win from not posting, but that's really not fun. :|
    This is the second day of this round? Or am I missing something?

Your "long" post for your initial Llok vote was: 'for being rude in nearly every post, and offering nothing constructive to work with'.

There certainly was not three days between that vote and your jump to Jami and then your jump back to Llok. It just seems suspicious to me and the logic for voting on anyone else seems rather thin.
    We've been here since August 2nd.

Here's the post I was referring to:
    Moirean said:

The fact that you voted on the three trains is kinda a good clue - trains in the early rounds are mostly all made out of innocents. Looking at a single round of voting isn't going to tell us mafia and because of how random and disorganized things are at first, mafia can actually sit back in early rounds and stay under the radar. It's only when we have multiple rounds (and a mafia dead) that we can look back at a pattern.

Again, the town does most of the work for the mafia early on, so the mafia wants to lay low and look innocent. It's the people who haven't voted on trains, or vote or trains going nowhere just to get a vote in, ie have tried to keep clean are the ones we should be looking into. No mafia is going to jump on a round-one town lynch if the village is going there already.

Aren (1): Parker
    Parker (2): Aryanne, Ilyon
    Serrice (2): Damonicus, Aren
    Xenia (1): Demarcus
    Damonicus (1): Gwenith
    Demarcus (9): Xenia, Moirean, Slyphe, Piper, Trager, Jami, Serrice, Teani, Alexina
    No Lynch (1): Llok
    Abstain/No Vote (1): Maite‌

So, Parker, Llok, Maite are most suspicious and I bet at least one if mafia.

If you really want to reset this entire round and start a lynch on me, go ahead, but I think that'll be killing off the game itself. Stuff is stagnating.
    The forums tells me Damariel's post about the night kill was made on August 4th.

I'm confused now.

:(

Also, I don't think that trying to get some discussion going is 'wasting' a round. But alright. So long as the game ends in a quick fashion.

Unvote: Moirean
    The night kill was made on the 3rd, for my time zone, but the night round meant nothing was going on for people without power roles, so that means it's been essentially the same round since the 2nd.

There's nothing wrong with discussion. After we've been through like 5 pages with no real conclusions and people are dropping out, it seems like a pretty bad spot to push for said discussion, though. We need to get into a night round to maintain interest in the game itself.
  • My lol k post was made because their is literally nothing to rebuttal in your post. You use childish words to direct a vote in my direction in a lame attempt at leading the crowd.

You prefer to off an 'easy' target because lol Llok so flippant and loud and annoying rather than. He's been on several vote trains, diverted one train away from a prime suspect but otherwise hung back to avoid suspicion.

Slyphe your play style has changed from last round where we could rely on you to take out civilians easily. This time you're taking out civs,  but in a more sly and less argue with everyone way. Either you've learnt from last round and where you went wrong or the most likely outcome is that you're mafia. 

I'd also like to remind you moirean diverted a train from xenia in the first round to kill an innocent who ended up being important to the civs and it has been entirely glossed over. Mafia tell much. 

Arens following the crowd post basically screams mafia. 

Yeah.

• Mm, 10 votes on Llok overnight, so I guess that's done. The buildup seems a bit too fast for him to be mafia, but we'll find out soon enough.

• edited August 2014
    Llok (10): Parker, Slyphe, Trager Moirean, Jami, Xenia, Gwenith, Piper, Aren, Alexina
    Jami (1): Llok
    Xenia (1): Damonicus
    Parker (1): Teani
    Piper (2): Ilyon, Maite
    No Vote (1): @Serrice

-Moirean previously voted for Llok and Jami.
    -Ilyon previously voted for Jami.
    -Xenia previously voted for Ilyon.
    -Piper previously voted for Damonicus.
    -Trager previously voted for Damonicus.
    -Alexina previously voted for Moirean.
    "Look at this stronzo!" Moirean yelled, pointing at Llok, who only laughed in her face and thumbed his nose at her. The crowd closed in, silently agreeing; Llok, who was un buffone, had incited their wrath with his repeated jokes in the face of the descending seriousness. Any attempt at debate, he had cut in with his endless jokes. In the end, the joke was on him, and they had him swinging from a streetlamp in seconds. "Took us long enough," someone muttered.

Llok has been lynched. He was Un Buon, a Townsperson. Il pagliaccio del villaggio. Then again, how can you trust anyone with a false nose? Really, now.

It is now Night 2 - I will require PMs from all active power roles, declaring use of their abilities or lack thereof.
  • edited August 2014
    You find Alexina outside a bar in the bad part of town with several holes in her face. La polizia investigate, and discover that she was in bad with all sorts of dirty business - even though she, herself, was una polizziota. It looks like her bad habits finally caught up to her.

Alexina has been killed in the night. She was La Polizziota Corrotta, the Dirty Cop.

It is now Day 3 - there are 9 Townspeople, 4 Mafiosos, and 1 Lover surviving. 7 votes are necessary for a lynch.
  • edited August 2014
    The loss of the dirty cop comes at a blow, however, the investigator I have been in contact with has found a guilty party.

Vote: Jamie

Edit: I misspelled @Jami's name. Vote: Jami

• Well, if investigator says she's dirty I'm gonna go with it for now.

Definitely voting her, then, and seeing which people from the train overlapped with my suspicious list. Maite is definitely striking me as someone who looks mafia.

Also going to point out that Alexina being hit was either a result of a lucky mafia investigation or a clumsy attempt to frame me, since I was loud on the Llok train and she and I were arguing.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Vote: @Jami‌

I'll go along with this. I'm pretty confident in Xenia's innocence, and if Jami turns out to be an innocent, then I at least know who the 'investigator' who contacted her was and I can spill. Assuming I don't die overnight.