Mafia: Original Flavor

Comments

• I too am going with @Parker. She was quick to jump on the Serrice train, someone Xenia has put her trust into and something about her is just rubbing me the wrong way.

Vote: Parker
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Just as a note, I have pointed towards Moirean having a power role for a very long time (since what I assumed was a slip-up), which was defended over and over without anyone else really listening. I just knew something was strange with it!

I'll hop on this train too. I explained the reasons last time my vote was on Parker, I believe.

Moirean
  • Parker's behavior in both this and previous rounds does indeed raise some red flags. Not enough to be 100% sure, but enough for this to be worth a shot.

VOTE: Parker

• Despite the caution with the double-claiming earlier in the game, I'm inclined to believe @Xenia and @Serrice are innocent. @Parker's habit of jumping on whatever train seems to be building the most momentum at the time is indeed suspicious. With that said, I'm not entirely sure who to be worried about following this.

@Gwenith seems to be remaining fairly silent and sticking mostly in the background, which at this point in the game is either a sign of simply being busy, or an attempt at going unnoticed.

@Ilyon tends to make his responses fairly quickly and without overt explanation, but from games in the past I wouldn't necessarily take that to be a sign of scumish behavior, as that's just the way he tends to play.

I'm side-eyeing @Piper a bit, but we'll see what develops there.

As a bit of a side note here, was anybody jailed by the mafia last night? It wouldn't surprise me if that ability was used now that it's getting a touch later in the game, and thus it may be a fairly decent indication of who may be targeted tonight in the case that they were.

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Unvote: SERRICE  
    Vote: PARKER

• Slyphe said:

As a bit of a side note here, was anybody jailed by the mafia last night?

We have no way to know that. Xenia says she jailed me last night round, but I have received no notification about this at all. I assume it's the same for the mafia jailer.

• Serrice (1): Parker
    Piper (1): Serrice
    Parker (6): Xenia, Aren, Teani, Ilyon, Piper, Slyphe

-Piper previously voted for Serrice.
    Parker makes a break for the countryside, but it's the work of moments to corner her, drag her to the nearest streetlamp, and do what needs to be done. Ask not for whom the bell tolls, after all. By the time her broken body is swinging, investigations have been made into her house. Sure enough...

Parker has been lynched. She was La Associatia, the Associate.

It is now Night 4 - I will require PMs from all active power roles, declaring use of their abilities or lack thereof.
  • Mm, this is going quite well, looks like only the Don is left. Also means the investigator is going to be of no use from now on.

Oh hey, my original random pick was mafia. 

• Indeed, this is where the jailer will serve best, and perhaps I have chosen right tonight! Serrice, the innocent and the investigator all know who I've jailed, should I end up dead.

Yeah, I was about to say, you've got quite a target on your back. If you have picked the right one, there won't be a night kill (if I understand the rules correctly) because the Don shouldn't be able to kill when jailed. However, what happens if the Don opts not to kill anyone this night? The one who was jailed will be considered suspect and killed in a lynch, no?

• If the don chooses not to kill anyone, we'll just lynch unconfirmed people one by one until we get him. As he's the only one left, there's nobody who could try to shift the vote elsewhere.

• Also, while I'm still alive, going to go ahead and put this out there. The remaining 4 power roles know one another's identities, leaving 6 people who will always investigate as innocent. It is only a matter of time before we snuff the Don out.

Piper
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    You know, I was just thinking... if it comes down to the Mafia vs. the Fencer... does the game end in a draw?

Aryanne
  • That depends. My ruling would be that at that point, both sides lose unless the last Mafia kills the Fencer. Yes, they both die, but they have both met their win conditions.

• GDI, I missed another day. I preferred it when it was slower. :(

Politics
    So, what's happening here? Did the game die?

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• Vote: Damariel

I think we're just waiting on the Don to make his or her move, now.
    Yeah, it's a night round. Just wondering how long that is going to be.

• Don already made his/her move.
  • That's my bad. I just got caught up doing stuff. I'll deal with it in a second.
  • edited August 2014
    The sun rises, and the townspeople creep forward, with trepidation, toward the body swinging limply to and fro in the breeze. They should be used to death at this point, but in honesty, the dread never quite fades; you never quite know who the Mafia, or what remains of them, have chosen to kill.

Today, it was Trager.

The polizzia, shortly thereafter, release an official statement.

Trager has been killed in the night. He was Il Investigatore, the Detective.

It is now Day 5 - there are 8 Townspeople and 1 Mafioso surviving. 5 votes are necessary for a lynch.

Game Roster

1. @Slyphe
    2. Alexina
    3. @Teani
    4. Parker
    5. Trager
    6. Aryanne
    7. @Xenia
    8. Maite
    9. @Serrice
    10. @Damonicus
    11. Jami
    12. @Ilyon
    13. Moirean
    14. Demarcus
    15. @Aren
    16. @Gwenith
    17. Llok
    18. @Piper
  • I jailed Aren last night. Something about the way @Gwenith has been conveniently missing the days consistently, nor ever really offering much in way of contribution to discussions makes me think she is mafia lurking about. She also has been on most vote trains until it came to voting for mafia members.

Based on these things, going to go ahead and put my vote there.

Vote: Gwenith

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I trust Xenia atm.

I mean, really, at this point we can just sort of work down the list and start lynching everybody. As long as you don't lynch the Fencer (me) the odds are for us winning.

Vote: Gwenith

• Slyphe said:

@Gwenith seems to be remaining fairly silent and sticking mostly in the background, which at this point in the game is either a sign of simply being busy, or an attempt at going unnoticed.

I was planning on casting my vote in Gwenith's direction prior to this round, if not Piper's. Being the odd one out here with a Piper vote though wouldn't really help too terribly much in terms of progression.

Vote: @Gwenith

• Alrighty. VOTE: Gwenith.

The same argument applies to Damonicus, I propose him as the next day target.

• With Damonicus stepping out of the game like he did, I doubt he's mafia or one of the power roles, unless this is just a trick to remove suspicion from him entirely and he's in fact the Don.

Hrm.

Going with the leading ladies, here.

VOTE: GWENITH