Mafia: Original Flavor

Comments

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I'm down with it!
    Vote: Jami
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• Can't argue with a good investigation hit!

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yeah, I'll join in on that one.

• Everyone is suspicious, Moirean, especially you.

I don't see a reason in not accepting what Xenia said is not okay at this point - there is no one else negating what she is claiming.

Probably because at this point, anyone seen siding with Jami will automatically be labelled as scum. So this is that part where they hide out and act the part while the investigator hunts 'em out one at a time.

• Jami (8): Xenia, Aren, Moirean, Serrice, Trager, Parker, Teani, Maite
    A crowd descends upon Jami, who starts protesting. "Help! Help! Don! Consigliere! I didn't do nothin' wrong! Help me! Help me!" But there's no help in this world. Not for dirty mafiosos. The crowd sure sees to that, and soon she swings like a church bell, except all that she tolls out is limp, wheezing breaths that soon enough fade into silence. A quick search of her body reveals a gun, a matchbook, a leftover cannoli, and a written contract to deliver the village to a Don whose name is not given in the contract itself.

Jami has been lynched. She was La Cattiva, a Mafiosa.

It is now Night 3 - I will require PMs from all active power roles, declaring use of their abilities or lack thereof.
  • Ha, called it. Now if Piper turns out to be mafia as well, Moirean is most likely one as well, as she diverted both the Jami train in round 2 and the Piper train in round 1.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I didn't divert the Jami train. At all.
    Moirean said:

Right, for expediency, I'll join in on the Jami train.

Vote: Llok

At this point, you swapped OFF Jami.
    Damariel said:

Llok (1): Parker
    Jami (2): Llok, Moirean
    Xenia (1): Damonicus
    Damonicus (2): Trager, Piper
    Ilyon (1): Xenia
    Parker (1): Teani
    Piper (2): Ilyon, Maite
    No Vote (6): @Slyphe, @Alexina, @Serrice, @Aren, @Gwenith, @Jami

-Moirean previously voted for Llok.
    -Ilyon previously voted for Jami.
    Here is how things stand at present.

Llok and I were the only ones pushing the Jami train. The Llok train then began to pick up speed and the round had dragged on foreeeeever, so I swapped over to him.
  • Oh, so you did, my bad.

Hm hm, guess I'll wait and see what the night round brings.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I wouldn't, however, be surprised if Moirean turned out to be the Lover. I'd still keep my eyes on her if I were you.

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs

I'm going to counter vote on Ilyon due to his reasoning that I am suspicious based on my 'strange' switching of one person to another in the first round. I'm sorry, but I'm pretty certain that's what a majority of us did. VOTE ILYON

For next round, obviously. Getting ahead of myself here.

• Woah that was quick! Sorry I was on a bus/ferry all day.

Politics
  • Holy, way to go. After the slow pace of the game thus far I'm pretty surprised to be logging in after a single night out to see we've already been through a day round. If I'm paying attention correctly, the lover gains one kill now, right?

• edited August 2014
    Dawn breaks, and a silence hangs over the town of Puzzolente. La polizzia, positioned strategically on buildings, are trying to prevent more deaths. Thus far, chaos has yet to erupt. Then you see her, running through the streets - Maite, a look of horror upon her face, screaming: "Aiutateme! Aiutateme!" She makes it as far as the square, and then her head explodes into fine pink mist. Her arms jerk upward, her legs doing a strange half-run a few steps further before her body collapses amid a slew of bone fragments and dripping strands of brain.

A few seconds later, another shot goes off.

One of the polizzioti - or is it? - topples from a roof. You can see the rising sun through the gaping hole in their chest. They fall to earth spread-eagled, trying desperately to hold together a ribcage that is no longer, in any meaningful sense, there. A faint, croaking whimper, and then death. Dawn breaks upon a truly grisly scene.

Maite has been killed in the night. She was La Consigliera, the Consigliere.

Moirean has been killed in the night. She was La Amante, the Lover.

It is now Day 4 - there are 9 Townspeople and 2 Mafiosos surviving. 6 votes are necessary for a lynch.

Game Roster

1. @Slyphe
    2. Alexina
    3. @Teani
    4. @Parker
    5. @Trager
    6. Aryanne
    7. @Xenia
    8. Maite
    9. @Serrice
    10. @Damonicus
    11. Jami
    12. @Ilyon
    13. Moirean
    14. Demarcus
    15. @Aren
    16. @Gwenith
    17. Llok
    18. @Piper
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Teani's remark that Moirean might be the lover proved eerily prescient. Perhaps she's a member of the mafia? The evil investigator even, subtly trying to direct our attention onto a new target?

Well, not the evil investigator, since that was Maite, but an evil mafioso nonetheless!

You know, I was going to vote for Ilyon but I'm going to change that decision. He was actually right-ish about Moirean since she was the lover. Serrice is sounding like a load of rubbish right now.

Vote: Serrice
    Well, there's a simple counter to that. Someone just needs to claim Fencer. You can't kill the Lover without using their sniper rifle, so the only way to get the Fencer killed safely is via lynch. The Fencer then, has absolutely no reason not to claim. If someone else claims Fencer, then one of us is clearly lying, and though we (might) lose a power role, we'll definitely have killed off a mafiosi.

Just... please don't do what Xenia did. I'm almost 100% confident she's innocent at this point.

Misdirection!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Farewell my love. I tried to make the town safer for yoooouuuu-
  • Alright, just got home from work and a bunch of people have died. Thanks for posting the list of who is left, Dam. I'm not sure why, but I'm sort of in line with @Piper here. @Serrice picked the one role that could be safely get through the night rounds without being killed, right? If she's the mafia, then she's effectively given herself a shield that stops someone from trying to kill her at night, whether it had been the dirty cop or the lover.

I'll go ahead and Vote: Serrice. Hopefully this doesn't come back and bite us, or someone finds a better target with more evidence!
    I think we are forgetting something: Serrice, according to Xenia, knows who both the Jailor and the Detective are. If she was scum, would she not have followed through with at least one of those deaths?

I'm having a hard time figuring either of them to be innocent, to be honest. There's no proof that she's innocent, Xenia is innocent, or that they know who is who.
    That's nonsense, of course.

I'll Vote: Piper.

I went back through some of the posts, and noticed she was a part of both murdering trains. Suspicious!? Maybe. I mean, it's kind of shoddy to be fair, and I hope the investigator has more info for us.

My suspicions thus far are on Parker, Piper, and Teani.

Of course, in the beginning, when emotions are high.. people will vote where commonly others are as well. I think you will be wrong in voting for me, though. My vote stands.
  • I feel like Parker and Piper are a little too fast to vote and Parker way too fast to jump on a potential train. I'm looking at you Parker...
  • Well, now that's silly. We wait too long and nobody wants to play and people get upset. We get things going too quickly and become suspicious : 3. As I wrote above, I'm definitely hoping someone finds someone else to vote for that is more suspicious, as the little that there is against Serrice could be nullified by others vouching for her.

Maybe it was too quick, but I can't change it now, nor has any of the above suspicions really deterred me. That said, we can't look past Ilyon, who also voted with Maite, a known mafia member now, on the prior round.

And a very small part of me is suspicious of Aren. He's only posted a handful of times, and his votes have been 'I'm going to go with the crowd', for the most part. That screams trying to blend in and get by without being noticed...despite his signature. So many potatoes :(
  • As far as I'm concerned, there are three people that I trust, one of them being Serrice. Additionally, there is confirmation that the person I am speaking with is indeed the detective as the Consigliera is now dead.

I have nothing of importance to report at this time, in regards to the detective's findings. For my part I jailed Ilyon. Now, I'm not exactly sure how the killing power for the mafia works, but over all, this is looking good for the town, we have the lover and two mafia members dead as well as two people who can act as voices for the investigator for at least two more days.

Last night the investigator's reports turned up as innocent. There are 11 of us still alive. 4/11 town roles, the innocent included. I know 3/11 of these roles. If the innocent would contact me, this would give us 4/11 that we know. Should we then decide to assume that the person investigated last night is innocent, then the pool of town aligned people would rise to 5. This would leave 6 people unaccounted for, 2 of which are mafia. This would give the town about a 30% chance of hitting right.

I'm going to hold onto my vote in hopes that the innocent contacts me.

• I have received a message from someone claiming to be innocent. Assuming there are no counter claims on this role, I'm going to go ahead and point my finger @parker.

Vote: Parker