Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    In the great words of @Haven...

#noobcheck
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• LimLim
    edited July 2014

The trick is situational in use. You need soulmaster ready (he takes a long time), you need them to be on salve bal (crone and firelord mess with this) and target needs to have paresis or impatience or many many affs preexisting (because any one of the four affs being cured by focus/tree would unravel the rest. If your cure order prioritises asthma over paresis, this makes it easier to stick because you're leaving paresis on and creating huge windows of opportunity for them. You'll notice that dask's paresis turned to paralysis. This is usually an indication of prioritising asthma over paresis, and why the soulmaster trick stuck so easily). If it the soulmaster goes on, either shield like you say, or lockbreak immediately out of it. The prerequisites for its use means that you'll have recovered lockbreaker use far sooner than each attempt at the trick. It's use is at midfight where you've already pressured their balances/cooldowns to stick impatience/paresis and need to burst a lock, so any 'OPness' actually comes from what they already have at earlyfight - an uber strong aff rate due to tarot that can be hidden, unblockable/unhinderable afflicts and chimera with a huge stun/eating a herb cure. That is what pressures you into spending lockbreakers prior to the trick. And these things are getting nerfed, so I'm hopeful to try again when those changes are in. Regarding feich, the only thing I know to prevent the warrior tactic is to set pre-restoration higher to defer it (but you do eventually need to restore it or limb breaks get you and when you get multiple resto breaks, vivi comes too easily), and parry the limbs. The the longer they get to work on your limbs, the more eventual is your demise, because multiple limb breaks = death with an indo. While one limb is being restored, two others can be actively shriveled while crone is also working on another. In short, it seems that while Warrior tarot is slower to set up and doesnt really hinder you in that time, the kill is more certain. The only other thing I can think of so far is to leave the room when the breaks start to build up, and restore limbs/turn off pre-restoration to cure up. Though feich's reply to restore is death tarot. 

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Lim: I dunno. I kinda wanna see what happens if you just disable pre-restore all together or set the trigger super high against an Indorani because warrior is subject to parry. If they're trying to spread limb damage to do the resto trick thing, they're not hindering you much if at all, meaning you get free rounds to work your offense on them. Looking at the log, he hit my parry a few times before he managed to trip my pre-restore and by then I had weariness stuck. Imagine my surprise when I noticed too late what he was doing.

Ah well, you live and you learn. But yeah, I don't think much of this strategy.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Yeah, warrior does 12.5pct limb damage each, so that's three hits to break. I'm thinking best time to restore is on the second hit, since one hit is too early, and third is too late. So thats prerestore anywhere from 13pct to 24pct. My current trouble with him is sticking stormtouched because of his anti-shaman curing. Because of that, it doesnt matter that the warrior trick leaves a huge window of opportunity for offence (because I cant get an offence stuck). But I'll figure it out. 

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Strongly considering taking a break from Aetolia to sort out my life. I've got a lot of friends in the game and I KNOW I'll be back but I'm having an easier time saying NO to logging in when faced with responsibilities and activities that don't involve my computer.

Also, I'm pretty much convinced that my laptop is on its last leg so it seems about the right time to bow out for a bit. I mean.. the poor thing's lasted half a year with its hinges taped together with masking tape so I think it's had a good run. Also, the fan broke. It's a very poor thing.
    AshmerEmelleXavinIshin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I hate it when a character's RP (one of mine, I mean) makes me pass up potentially fun RP opportunities.
    imageimage
    JensenLimIshinMelanthaAryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I know, @Erzsebet, I was actually RPing in some way most of the night last night - either via tells-discussion, or just plain emotes.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Doesn't help that the bus wifi is exceedingly hit-and-miss.
    imageimage
    Ishin
  • [HINT]: Earthcaller Gegrelaesh has a quest you have yet to undertake!

LIES!!!

SolariaTrager
    I see that now and again too, @Damonicus, but other than greeting an NPC I'm never sure how to ask them if they have a quest when greet doesn't work :(
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AryanneTrager
  • Exayne's been hanging out with @Slyphe too much!

i am rapture coder
    IshinStathan
  • Psh. That's an oxymoron, bro.

AshmerStathan
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Yarel said:

I hate that there is no meaningful way to advance such sparkling RP as:

Exayne tells you, "Hey bro."
    Exayne tells you, "You mad?"
    Exayne tells you, "You mad bro?"
    Exayne tells you, "Hey...bro."
    Exayne tells you, "Why you mad?"
    You tell Exayne, "I'm not mad, but clearly you're stupid."
    Exayne tells you, "Sure man."
    Exayne tells you, "So explain to me again why you're mad?"

Really, I'm just mad that I'm not that great of an RPer. I can only aspire to such greatness. :\

Why.. is there such a prevalence of that meme in this game? Or calling people 'bro' IC. I've seen both a couple times on public channels.
    ErzsebetIshinAshmerSolariaElie
  • Rashar said:

I'd probably stop rping with someone who said bro icly. Just seems like a real good way to say idgaf.

This goes back to the previously made rage of: Some people just can't separate OOC from IC.

Either they are too immature or just don't care. Sad, but that's how it is.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Stathan
  • Whoops. My b.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate realizing I wasn't logging something the other day, and I really had wanted to post it. :(

• VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    I rage that a mechanic I've been looking forward to is being used irresponsibly and causing ridiculously stupid amounts of drama, in a way that is so ridiculously ridiculous that it's not even funny. I normally dislike playing so late because I never see anyone, but right now, I'm glad for it, because it also means I don't have to deal with people that are flat out foaming at the mouth RAGING because their decisions weren't met with open arms by even the majority of players, both ic and ooc. It's a stupid thing to get so flat out -angry- over particularly when you're being met with firm, but polite conversation over it. I get it's supposed to cause conflict, but the abuse borders on harrasment in some areas, and the lack of RP being used (along with the justification of using a hardcoded forced action item repeately because it's just an "RP'd action" and not a "Real action" is ridiculous) makes me want to tear my hair out.
    ArekaErzsebetAryanneAarbrok
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I rage at idiots.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

SolariaIshinVolkaEliePeriluna
  • DaegonDaegon Canada
    Rage at being so close to having useful arties of usefulness, but having front row seats to constantly dying while trying to honor lines.
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Rage at @Meyvitch posting a bing URL.
    SolariaPiperAngwe
  • Meyvitch would use Bing.

i am rapture coder
    Ishin
    Exayne tells you, "You mad bro?"

This is so fucking stupid.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MephistolesSolariaElie
  • Exayne is clearly a very skilled RPer.
    Ishin
  • edited July 2014
    I'm getting more and more aggravated by this whole shadowplague charm crackerjacks, and so are the majority of players on the life side. It's not fun, guys. It's just not. Maybe it is for you, but for us - we're dealing with being abducted and forcibly poked with something we can't remove and can't fight back against except to put up a shield and stand there, doing nothing. There is no RP in this for us - we're being forced to react to the circumstances with little insight from an enemy force by a mechanic. You can claim that it's just an RP item - but then when you kill novices over it, and other people, it's no longer just that, it's now harassment on new and old players alike.

This isn't just causing a conflict, it's causing a massive headache, and I want no part of it.
    KerrynErzsebetStathan
    Then buck up and start fighting people, instead of crying that there's no way to 'fight back'. Hello. Fight.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MephistolesKerrynAryanneRiluoElieNolaPeriluna
  • Oh right, lets start a fight in the one second we usually have to react. Why didn't we think of that
    KerrynIaneaNola
This discussion has been closed.