Short Questions

Comments

• edited July 2014
    @Moirean, he very well may have, but it's not really my place to be tossing it about in Quotes and Misquotes either, so I decided to edit it. I thought that was the more polite thing to do.
    AryanneOmeiErzsebet
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Does forest regen also apply in Jungle environs??
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • You'd think it would, anyway. That'd be pretty silly if it didn't.
    Ishin
  • Is there a good illustrated map of Aetolia? I found this for achaea which would probably mostly work: http://www.achaea.com/map/illustrated-map-of-achaea
  • It's been a while since I've played, so I have a couple questions:

Why did they do away with the Bahkatu/Atabahi guilds, and how do I find one of these style scrolls? Artifacts?
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    We had too many orgs, in effect, especially ones with pretty much identical classskills.

As to scrolls--you could go look at the directories in cities, or advertise for the specific one you're looking for.
    imageimage
  • Does anyone know if the extra affliction allowed by the syssin charm costs extra equilibrium? 

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Lim it scales down the eq cost. Without the charm you can synch dstab + 1 suggestion without slowing yourself down, with the charm you can synch dstab + 2 suggestions without slowing yourself down.
    Lim
  • DaegonDaegon Canada
    How do you get Mudbot to work in Ubuntu? I have wine, and mudbot opens. But then it comes up with the following error 'Init_socket: bind: Permission denied.'
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
  • Need to change the port in the config file. It binds 123 by default, which is a privileged port. Changing it to anything higher than 1024 should make it work.

• So I have an artifact thats pending all its powers onto the appearance like a Diablo item. How do you make it stop doing that? -.-

I mean, you know, an amount.

• HIDE , or SHOW to reverse it.

i am rapture coder
    Reux
  • Small things that slightly change Aetolia, such as forcing undeath on el'Jazira... Do these sorts of things have to be started by the admins, or can players initiate them?
  • Haven said:

Forgive me if this list isn't a 100% accurate representation of all the cities as it's from my point of view. This list does not include many if any of the new players that have been attending lessers as I don't really remember their names but here's what I've noticed of the current scene:

Bloodloch (27)

Active: Akirash, Cariv, Dourif, Ezalor, Ilyon, Konai, Lyl, Mazzion, Neytiri, Riluo, Rowena, Zsadist
    |Semi-Active: Alain, Alistair, Ellenia, Ison, Rou
    |Rare: Ashmer, Axai, Catty, Dexter, Feichin, Rammus, Sheirosia, Solaria, Tralendar, Yarel

Rare? You listed me as rare? I do lessers ALL THE TIME! Pay more attention Haven. BAD HAVEN

• Rare? You listed me as rare? I do lessers ALL THE TIME! Bad Haven... BAD
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited July 2014
    Yarel said:

Rare? You listed me as rare? I do lessers ALL THE TIME! Bad Haven... BAD

You weren't active then!

Edit: Besides, the list would be pretty different now. For one, I'd totally be in the non-existent category. B)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • @Yarel while they can be started by players, the admin have to pick up and run with it. A place like El'jazira is squarely within the domain of Bloodloch so there is a high chance of success/almost 0 push back, where as a place like, say, tainhelm, mournhold, or jaru would be much less likely to actually have the admin cooperate to the extent of actually changing the area, let alone the resistance that Enorian/Duiran would throw at it.

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    @Yarel the answer to that is a mix of the plans of the administration, the viability of the player-initiated arc in terms of whether it is aligned with the game's overall direction, and how low-maintenance the player story arc is.

In this example, el'Jazira has been slated for a facelift for some time now, as is the plot that brings more 'Empire' to the Bloodlochian Empire.

That does not mean that all major changes are planned out by the admin. There are many events that have popped up as a result of well-crafted player initiatives - emphasis on 'well-crafted'.

An example of something that is well-crafted: The Cabalists announce they're putting significant work into researching a cure for the Aalen Bloom. The majority of RP and initiative is by the players involved, and they get a little outpost in the forest as an RP prop to supplement their plot.

An example of something that isn't well-crafted: clump up in a group of five, go occupy Tainhelm for an hour, PK the people who come to defend it, and then announce that Tainhelm now belongs to the undead.
    EmelleIshin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Iosyne hating on the Carnifex Saturday night. :(
    Trager
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    edited July 2014
    Moirean said:

Iosyne hating on the Carnifex Saturday night. :(

That plot has actually happened so many times, it should be a Pools drinking rule.
    IshinTragerErzsebetOmeiRivasHavenAarbrok
  • I wish there was a way to know which of your unbound credits were purchased and which were gained through in game transactions. At this point I don't know which are which or how many of what I have, and I'd really like to shoot a few at another character for some things. It'd be neat if they were separate.

MoireanEzalorTrager
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Rashar said:

I wish there was a way to know which of your unbound credits were purchased and which were gained through in game transactions. At this point I don't know which are which or how many of what I have, and I'd really like to shoot a few at another character for some things. It'd be neat if they were separate.

Ooo, lets break them into 3 categories!

1) Bound - same as before

2) Unbound - Those purchased from the website BY YOU, and can be given to whoever, whenever, however you want.

3) Semi-Bound - Those that were purchase via in-game transaction and may not be transferred to another character you own.
    Moirean
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I know it's been asked for before but a credit log would be soooooo great as well.
    Include things like liaison/guide/builder pay and contest prizes also in unbound.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Well, which contest? Iron Epicurian and such should be semi-bound since it is something your character is doing. Artisinals/Bardics would be unbound.
    Yeah it depends on the contest. I meant bardics/arts.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    You guys are maybe overthinking this. The rule about keeping your IC and OOC credits separate is about ensuring people aren't gaming alts to earn org credits and things like that. If you're following the spirit of the rule, I'm much less concerned about the letter. Makes sense?

But if you multiplay to exploit something, I'll poke you right in the spleen.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    SlypheHavenEmelleEzalorIshinStathanLhee
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Can be difficult to keep track of what credits you got where is all. If I buy half a dozen chests and end up with tons of globes and sell those for credits--months down the line, I'm not going to necessarily remember where they came from, just that I have unbound credits.
    imageimage
    And I think Oleis is saying that, eh, who cares. You aren't setting out to exploit the system, so a bit of overlap there isn't hurting things.
    TragerXavinEmelle
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Can the small/large blade/bludgeon categories in AB FORGING be updated to match HELP WEAPONS?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    JensenStathan