Crafting Ideas

Comments

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    So uh. Luthier comms. Are all out of whack.

1. Fiddles are violins, by definition, so that they differ in gut count is just odd.
    2. Violin: 3 wood. Viola: 5 wood. Guitar: 5 wood. Violas are nowhere near as large as guitars; they're far closer to violins in size.
    3. Violins/violas don't necessarily have chin rests attached to them. And when attached, they aren't always leather. They can be wooden, for instance.
    4. Bows vary widely, esp. if you compare modern vs. baroque (notably: no tension adjustment). Modern bows could still forgo pearl eyes, swap gold for silver fittings on the frog, opt to use ivory for the end button, choose silk/steel/no wrapping.
    imageimage
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I would love it if chatelaines could become a thing. I'm not certain on what would be the best alternative (it's a waist slot between a chain and a brooch I suppose, though they often times contained small containers which could be used to hold a few coins or jewelry items, etc, so may-be a pouch or to have a pocket slot?). Maybe if keyrings were also craftable? I don't know. They'd be neat, and could do a whole variety for tools and places and things. Embalmer's chatelaine, lockpick's chatelaine, all sorts.

• Can we get lantern designs yet?
    imageimage
    XavinIaneaMoireanIshin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    And brazier!
    IaneaXavin
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Please, please, please make a crafter listing for Fumologists. I did submit an idea about this (3849), but it was months ago and I have no idea how long that process takes.
    WHILE YOU'RE TWINKING THINGS RE: CRAFTERS LISTING. >.>

Plz-to-make-it-stick-on-logout. >.>
    imageimage
    EmelleMoirean
    edited July 2014
    Mannequins as a furniture or woodcrafted item. Let us ADD [item] TO MANNEQUIN and have it function basically like a display case, but for outfits/accessories we want to show off in our shops.

(idea #3964)
    ArekaErzsebetIaneaEmelleAarbrokTeaniCiarelle
  • Erzsebet said:
    WHILE YOU'RE TWINKING THINGS RE: CRAFTERS LISTING. >.> Plz-to-make-it-stick-on-logout. >.>
    It's, uhh... tweaking.

i am rapture coder
    Slyphe
    edited July 2014
    Omei said:

It's, uhh... twerking.

FTFY
    OmeiAuresaeIshinEmelle
    MoireanOmeiEmelleSlypheSarita
    Could BIRDCAGE be changed just to CAGE as its base item? Showing BIRDCAGE on IH is wonky for like...80% of the designs.
    Veovis
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    tell you what would be nice, a crafter's workbook arti that expands fumology blends. Ten is really not enough, especially if you want to offer custom blends.

Emelle
    ...don't understand why it would be limited in the first place. None of the other talents have limitations like that. Not even floristry, which is cheaper.
    imageimage
    edited July 2014
    Let us design quills please?

Make NOTEBOOK a synonym for book.

Make INKPOT a synonym for bottle (or its own new item).

Make TRUNK a synonym for chest.
    Areka
    edited July 2014
    Oh, another idea. A REVOLUTIONARY idea!

Show all the aliases for an item (the ones listed in HELP CRAFTING REFERENCES) in the pattern.

Design #21394 Months Left: 150
    Item type: Book Components: 1 wood 1 cloth 1 leather
    Additional Ingredients: 1 cloth
    Aliases: book | tome | diary | grimoire | ledger| manual | sketchbook
    Allowed: NONE
    Denied: NONE
    Autopay: NO
    Tag(s): book.
    IaneaAlexinaArekaOmeiSarita
    Hah, I messaged that exact idea to Becue last night xD.
  • Moirean said:

Oh, another idea. A REVOLUTIONARY idea!

Show all the aliases for an item (the ones listed in HELP CRAFTING REFERENCES) in the pattern.

Design #21394 Months Left: 150
    Item type: Book Components: 1 wood 1 cloth 1 leather
    Additional Ingredients: 1 cloth
    Aliases: book | tome | diary | grimoire | ledger| manual | sketchbook
    Allowed: NONE
    Denied: NONE
    Autopay: NO
    Tag(s): book.

Your probably noticed, but if you didn't: This looks like it has been implemented now, if I read the changelog correctly.
  • I plugged it in a while ago. Just do me a solid and please BUG it if you see any names there you probably shouldn't see.

i am rapture coder
    ArekaMoirean
    Woo this is great thanks!
    edited July 2014
    Can we nix the fee for joining the craft guild? It's really silly to charge people on top of the existing fees, just so they can see the news about changes and to approve designs. Approving designs is already work - why should people have to PAY to be able to? O.o

(also turn the crafters clan into an official IG organization plzkthnx)
    edited July 2014
    It would be cool if the crafting clan became a proper crafting guild, could adjust the annex in DELOS into an open hall and move the forge/concoctions/reanimations quest people into it, maybe even the crafting artifact shop.
    Periluna
    I hope you meant Delos not Delve. Totes not going to Delve. >_>
    Yes, Delos. That. That one in Sapience.
  • That'd be kind of weird. 90% of what goes down in the crafting clan is OOC.

All we need is a tribunal of nit-picky crafters to sit at a massive table wearing silly robes going, "No." "Denied." "I will not approve this, for I do not understand the hyphen!" "This sort of debauchery will not be tolerated!"
    ErzsebetAarbrokIshin
    Doesn't have to be IC, just a more formalized system that people can access without paying 20k and getting someone to induct and appoint them.
    Moirean
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    What about something like a dyekit, but for materials? I'm sure it's possible to include a wide enough array of things to make it a lot easier to customize clothing/accessories.
    MoireanIshin
    I think allowing more variables for crafting things would be boss. Not sure how coding them would work, but like...

Could have a STENCIL which could be like

'a shield emblazoned with a $(dye$) $(stencil$)'

And then just newd 54321 stencil add star/heart/cookie/Kerrithrim/rainbow, to add one-word acceptable variables? Or something.

Not sure how to even begin coding this, either, and therefore have no idea how viable it is, but a way to swap out commodities would be cool, too.
    imageimage
    And fabric types. $(fabric$) - plug in silk, satin, etc.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I WANTED TO MAKE A CAST IRON SKILLET FROM A POT AND AREKA TOLD ME NO. HOW FIX.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Emelle
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited July 2014
    Yeah fabric types was mainly what was in my mind when I was thinking of that @Moirean, but metals and random textiles and ROCKS and STICKS and random crap could fit too.