Crafting Ideas

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Mount armor, and custom mount armor, for forgers?

Edit

Also, can the shop cache be organized like the player's cache? (Idea# 1906!)

----------------------------- Concoctions ------------------------------
    [ 596] ash [ 378] bayberry [ 599] bellwort
    ----------------------------- Reanimation ------------------------------
    [ 22] lung slice [ 33] ovary slice [ 66] pineal slice
    -------------------------- Inks & Commodities --------------------------
    [ 30] blue ink [ 48] cloth [ 798] coal
    ----------------------------- Tarot Cards ------------------------------
    [ 3] blank card

As opposed to:

[3493] ash [ 5] bladder slice [4024] cloth
    [4695] echinacea [4700] elm [ 12] eyeball slice
    [2642] wood [ 480] yellow ink

PS Edit

A way to set casks either as return to shop, or return to person? AKA:

--
    CASK STORE HERE
    CASK RETRIEVE

When you hold a cask, you can CASK STORE HERE to place the cask in a storeroom, and make that cask reset to the location instead of the owner's inventory. You can only store casks in a storeroom.

When you're holding your cask, or while you're in the presence of your cask, you can CASK RETRIEVE to put the cask into your inventory (if it's on the floor) and have the cask once more reset to the owner's inventory.
    --

So far, cask management has been a bag of cats. They return to me sometimes, they don't at other times, and what am I going to do when I need to refill them with venoms when they're returning every hour? I don't really understand how casks decide when to return to you, and when they start returning to the store instead.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

MoireanErzsebet
  • You just have to make sure you price your cask in the stockroom, at least, I have never had a problem with them returning if I have done that after refilling.
    imageimage
  • Few things here!

- Black dye available in general goods cooking shop, like all the other colors. You'd think black would be a pretty popular one.

- Custom stills in forging/furniture would be super sweet.

- Could the rule regarding precise use of the identity word in an appearance be considered? Twice now I've submitted things that feasibly sound right, like 'a candied eyeball' or 'a plated liver'. These both read correctly, sound right, and mention the identity in a way, but both were rejected because candied != candy and plated != plate.

A rule's a rule, and I completely understand that we've got to follow them as uniformly as we can, but they both make sense and sounded better than the alternatives I had to come up with to get the word 'candy' and the word 'plate' into the appearance line there.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Moirean
  • Would've personally recommended 'snack' for the first one. 'a candied eyeball snack'. I'd say message Becue and ask for them as alts, but they're not subjects, exactly.

I know that some gems/crystals aren't cacheable at all, because their base word conflicts with other cachable things, but is there any chance the ones where this is not the case could be made so? It'd make it a lot easier to stock them in shops and take up a lot less room.
    imageimage
  • Erzsebet said:

Would've personally recommended 'snack' for the first one. 'a candied eyeball snack'. I'd say message Becue and ask for them as alts, but they're not subjects, exactly.

I agree here that snack would have worked just as well, but either way you're still kinda sticking a redundant word in there just for the sake of conforming to a rule that could feasibly be modified. If 'candied' and 'plated' could be alternatives though, that would be lovely.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    People already get away with submitting stuff where the keyword is used as an adjective (there was one a while back submitted as a chair with a name like "a chair-like cushion" or something) so I don't see how it would ruin the game to relax keywords enough to allow variations of the reference keyword. This would also let us do things like sundress where the keyword is obviously in there, but formatted in a sensible way.
  • Believe the cushion was 'a seat on a cushion' or some such. Subject is seat. But. I'm not saying allowing the variations would 'ruin the game' or anything so dramatic. I'm saying they're not already accepted alts because they aren't subjects--all of the existing alts are.

Isn't sundress a viable alt on the dress pattern?
    imageimage
    I've specifically seen variants approved where the subject was not the keyword. I rejected and Becue gave it a go ahead because the keyword was used, period, so I don't see any reason why near-matches wouldn't be similarly allowed.
  • The difference there, is that in 'a candied eyeball' there is no way to intuit that 'candy' is the thing you react to it by. The subject is eyeball and candied is a descriptor.

I'm not saying the addition of this would break the game, only that this is why it's not already considered viable.
    imageimage
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I will never understand the crafting world.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AldricXeniaPeriluna
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited January 2015
    Well, I agree with @Erzsebet here, as it all comes down to what you intuitively use to interact with the item. If I see a candied eyeball, I will try to use eyeball, not candy, or even candied. If I see a plated liver, I'll try "eat liver" not "eat plate". It's the same with the chair-like cushion. That's a cushion to me, since that is the subject. If we chance these things and allow more fluent keywords to be allowes, it will confuse those interacting with it and that's not newbie friendly, even if it does allow more artistic freedom.

Ishin
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Yep, the admin stance on it is that you have to use the alias because people are going to do the alias. They do not like the thought of someone getting frustrated because 'eat eyeball' isn't working for your candied eyeball. I've asked!

IshinTeani
  • Couldn't a person just check: ii eyeball, and they'd see all the glorious eyeball variants they hold, including the CANDY which appears as candied eyeball, and be like "oh, I will (or won't if that's not your thing) eat this gruesome treat."

It's an added command instead of going for what is intuitive.

• Kind've wish it worked like parallel in this regard. Would be so much easier. There, if you have 'a candied eyeball' in a room, you can pick it up with any partial bit of it. 'candied' 'eyeball' 'eye' 'can' etc. Probably not a viable wish though.
    imageimage
    It's not, since the template for candy would have to have added every possible word in the dictionary as an alias for it to work.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Would be nice if you could add your own keywords into the design templates
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    That would require a fundamental rewriting of how item creation works, unless I'm greatly mistaken. Right now, it makes an item of the template you're asking for with the skin of your design. What these ideas are asking for is for the game to make a unique item every time.

IshinTeani
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It would be pretty cool if you could customize your maker's mark, and if you could add a designer's tag for whomever made the design/owns the design.

It bears an imprint of four pressed knuckles, marking it as a product of Areka Morrog.
    It bears an engraving of a pinion feather, marking its designer as Rivas Turdface.

It bears an imprint of four pressed knuckles, marking it as a design and product of Areka Morrog.
    ArbreKendriIshinMoireanTeaniColetteErzsebetPeriluna
  • I wish there was a taxidermy talent. Not sure how that would even work.
    IshinArbre
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Colette said:

I wish there was a taxidermy talent. Not sure how that would even work.

Setting up your materials, you begin stuffing the husk of Colette.

taxidermy1234 a lifelike Colette

Does want.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Charlie! I miss him. Only bad part of Carni's rampage through Jaru...
    IshinPeriluna
  • New Designs:
    Hourglasses (Jewelcraft)
    Utensils (Jewelcraft)
    Napkins (Tailoring)
    Birdhouses (Woodcraft)
    Birdfeeders (Woodcraft)

I'm totally willing to write the base descs for these if we can have them.

Alternates:

=====FURNITURE=====

Decoration:
    Dreamcatcher*
    Suncatcher*
    Sundial
    Knick-knack
    Candelabra
    Paperweight

*These could maybe go on windchime in jewelcraft, instead. Admin preference.

=====JEWELCRAFT=====

Utensil(s):
    Silverware
    Cutlery

Armband:
    Armbands

=====COOKING=====

Casserole:
    Cobbler (Could also go under pie, in theory.)

Pie:
    Quiche
    Cheesecake
    Strudel
    Empanada

Soup:
    Broth

Roll:
    Doughnut
    Kolache
    Croissant
    Bun
    Baguette

Bread:
    Tortilla

Sandwich:
    Wrap

=====FORGING=====

Dagger:
    Saveblade

======TAILORING=====

Collar:
    Gorget

Bracers:
    Vambrace

Sort of tangentially related, while I really don't get why satiation was changed to be flat across the board--it doesn't make any kind of logical sense, even if it does make specific crafters happy, it'd be -awesome- if we could get how much food is needed to take one from starving to satiated looked at? Ate seven casseroles and two pies and was still not at satiated. Is more than a bit ridiculous.
    imageimage
  • I would love for it to be possible to attach charms to bracelets and anklets, (with a maximum amount per bracelet or anklet). People could make Guild, city or order related charms, or just random stuff.

Showoff bracelet:

This is a silver chain bracelet with stuff and a lock.

It has XX months of usefullness left.
    It weighs a Little bit.
    It bears the distinct mark of Becue
    A silver chain bracelet is holding:
    "charmxx" a howling wolf charm
    "charmyy" a red flower charm

ArbreErzsebet
  • For Crafters: New terms for items! Candleholder: Sconce, Candelabra. Pancakes: Waffle, Waffles.
    Cake: Cheesecake. Decoration: Knick-knack. Roll: Bagel. Pie: Cobbler. Sandwich: Wrap. Lastly,
    pins/brooches can now be worn on head and onbelt.

First off: Yay, new things.

Second: On head makes zero sense. On hat, maybe, though we have hatpins for that. But on head, unless it got changed to allow multiple head things, means you literally cannot wear anything it could possibly be attached to, there. I'd say onbelt doesn't make much sense either. On cloak, which is the most logical option past shirt, isn't allowed. It should be, and I'm certainly not the only one who thinks so.
    imageimage
  • You could technically use the attire command as a work around, couldn't you? There were brooches handed out at the Lonely Hearts ball in Spines and I ended up just hacking it on my shirt with attire, at least.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

TeaniDristinIshinHaven
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Draiman said:

You could technically use the attire command as a work around, couldn't you? There were brooches handed out at the Lonely Hearts ball in Spines and I ended up just hacking it on my shirt with attire, at least.

That's what I do.

(worn open to display his armor) : a well-fitted, stylishly functional black longcoat
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Haven
  • edited February 2015
    The Apothecary skill, or an addition to bomb making:

Smokes and Dusts.

By crushing herbs, and lacing with poisons and inks you create smoke bombs that can give a room a periodic affliction. They cover a room in a mist and cause slight choking damage. The smoke can be 'billowed' and made to last longer through the use of a fan or the Gust spell to blow it into other rooms. ((smoke is inhaled through nostrils, but also by you're skin, being exposed even without breathing can effect the body))

Dusts are the crushed bones mixed with organs, inks, and poisons that are thrown at or into a adjacent room or in the same room made to be breathed in causing more choking damage on top of a poison, but cannot be billowed, instead the longer it is breathed in the greater the damage it does. Running out of a room will not remove the effects of dusts in one's lungs, you have to get away from the area to remove a dusts effect for a certain bit of time. ((bone bits build up and clog the throat making it harder to breathe naturally causing asthma on top of other effects))

Both require CAREFULLY crushed ylem shards mixed into the recipes together. Smokes can last much longer then dusts, but do not build up in their effects. Dusts are closer up, but allow greater effects longer someone is in the same room with you, giving slightly higher damage and chance of a extra affliction if said person sticks in same room. Masks can be sold which protect you from some, but not ALL types of dusts and smokes. Basic masks are made of cloth an cover the mouth ((like some nurse would use)) Then there is a facial head-covering that requires filters to keep protected from universally all types. ((like as gas mask used by the trolls when spelunking for relics)) Masks will help universally, but only basic masks are given to a citizenship, the fancier ones are technology reserved to only ONLY the upper echelon...and even then. A mask can only do so much. Dusts can clog filters, smokes can still get through people by their skin in some regards

Finally! Both are mixed into 'packets' ((I am thinking size of a large tea-bag)) which can be in yer cache. Archers can apply packets onto the end of their arrows and some packets can be set to be explosive with the obvious exclusion of Meteor arrows. There should also be scents and smells that can use smokes for healing a group a very small amount with incense sticks.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2015
    Technically, yes, @Draiman. I'm not saying there's no way to make it work, I'm saying I think it's stupid, that we can wear it on the head, which point blank makes anything you'd be pinning it to RP-wise unwearable, but are being told we can't have it wearable on cloak. Frankly, I shouldn't have to buy/make a shirt or belt to be able to wear a brooch when I have a cloak.

*Missing a word, whoops.
    imageimage
  • Erzsebet said:

Technically, yes, @Draiman. I'm not saying there's no way to make it work, I'm saying I think it's stupid, that we can wear it on the head, which point blank makes anything you'd be pinning it to RP-wise unwearable, but are being told we can't have it wearable on cloak. Frankly, I shouldn't have to buy/make a shirt or belt to be able to wear a brooch when I have a cloak.

*Missing a word, whoops.

There is no 'wearing on cloak' in existence as far as options go for wearing. So, I imagine that is why it has not been done.