Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• edited July 2014
    So, doing some research...

"axolotl132272" an ecru axolotl
    Short-shorn ecru-coloured fur covers the body of this axolotl, its stocky legs stretching away from the rounded bulk of its torso. Floppy ears with surprising motion dangle from its rounded face, its eyes dark beads that glance about furtively. Its snout is similar to that of an anteater, and a short bristled tail swats about its hide to remove bugs from its body. It is nearly ten feet tall, lumbering with ease through the jungles.
    An ecru axolotl looks weak and feeble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axolotl
    Why do I know this?

(Who I still have a place on my team for, as a DDer curser.)

Aetolia's axolotl != RL's axolotl

/glare
    I mean, you know, an amount.

IshinAryanneSheirosiaSessizlikEmelle
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I want a pet wooper...
  • LimLim
    edited July 2014
    I'd suggest getting clean logs without gagging, it's hard to pinpoint the source of damage unless we have clean logs.

Firelord damage alone:
    http://hastebin.com/oyunixecus.css

It does 469 when it hits. However, if you don't manage to cure it, it does an extra 221 when it hits again, and in the background, it starts at 67 and then builds up.

Conclusion: It hurts when you don't cure it. Firelord procs every 6-7s, so if you're not managing to use a mending salve (1s) in that period of time, it means your salve balance is heavily pushed or you're locked. I notice in Stathan's log that he had slickness and ablaze on already - my guess ablaze damage was building for quite some time. In Angwe's log, I'm not sure if sensitivity was stuck. When we go damage route, we stick sensitivity. So those are reasons for why damage starts to become punishing.

-----

It also doesn't AOE your enemy list, just one person.

Procc'ing only one one enemy:
    http://hastebin.com/dewozaloce.vhdl
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Actually, the ablaze got added when they both hit me. And I was in the middle of fighting Riluo at the time so slickness had just been used and I wasn't quite locked yet. I would however be glad to get 2 domination users together and test it at Delos or something if need be.
    Riluo
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited July 2014
    My mistake. It doesn't AoE them all at once; I was thinking of when it hits icewall. It ticks down through enemy list to hit the first one it can. Put up an icewall and move people around and you'll see. I'm not sure what order it goes by, as far as who it tries to hit first.
  • @Reux‌
    This weird discrepancy has annoyed me for yeaaars. Several years back, the Eireachdus was in a place that people kept making axolotl foods like kebabs, and it kept throwing me off. Axolotl's are so awesome IRL, why the aet version is abosolutelynothinglikeit has always baffled me.

• I rage about the ever increasing lag thats been going on in the game. I can't even bash, let alone do anything else, without at least 30 seconds of lag spikes every 5 minutes.

And no, its not my internet bandwidth. I've checked.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Stathan
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Zsadist said:

I rage about the ever increasing lag thats been going on in the game. I can't even bash, let alone do anything else, without at least 30 seconds of lag spikes every 5 minutes.

It may not be your personal internet connection, but it's not server processing lag (which is heavily monitored) or datacenter lag (which would be universal across all our players). Instead, it's likely a regional issue, which will hopefully fade.

What client do you use most often?
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • edited July 2014
    Oleis said:

Zsadist said:

I rage about the ever increasing lag thats been going on in the game. I can't even bash, let alone do anything else, without at least 30 seconds of lag spikes every 5 minutes.

It may not be your personal internet connection, but it's not server processing lag (which is heavily monitored) or datacenter lag (which would be universal across all our players). Instead, it's likely a regional issue, which will hopefully fade.

What client do you use most often?
    I use mudlet and I restart it and my computer about once every few days, along with defrags and necessary file deletions. I know mudlet has an issue with data spillage, but I restarted mudlet today and I'm still experiencing really bad lag issues.

Edit: I'm not sure how regional it would be. I have spoken to a fair few people in many different time zones, and have been getting responses of similar lag issues.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/troubleshooter/traceroute.html

Figure what to ping to represent Aetolia and you can see if it's something bottlenecking your connection.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    Did the ancestral conversion ritual on someone.
    The will of the Primus prevents you from turning Mastema into one of the Blooded.
    WHAT????

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
  • ...huh?

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    @Ilyon Yeah you are telling me.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited July 2014
    @Riluo it's a "bug" (actually not a bug, it's a nonsensical feature) with lycans. For some reason lycans are unable to become vampires (but vampires can become lycans).
    IshinAshmer
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Ezalor said:

@Riluo it's a "bug" (actually not a bug, it's a nonsensical feature) with lycans. For some reason lycans are unable to become vampires (but vampires can become lycans).

This was meant to be reversed as part of the changes.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    Glad to know there is a reason behind it. Thanks. Is it likely to get fixed >.> as I can see this becoming an issue.

• Ezalor said:

Heaven forbid Jacob turns into Edward. ;)
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    MoireanIshinAryanneRiluoHavenOleisAarbrokInfin
  • Ezalor said:

Sounds like Underworld. :D Now where is Kate Beckinsale?

IshinJensenRiluoHavenErzsebetInfin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    You touch the shield tattoo and suddenly a nearly invisible magical shield forms around you.
    You have gained the shielded defence.
    Equilibrium Used: 4.00 seconds
    H-100% M-98% E-100% W-100% B-100 Ess- K-0 St-SCS BL-0 Ex-14.69% [csdb -b] [eas ftr]
    Mana Gain: 52
    H-100% M-100% E-100% W-100% B-100 Ess- K-0 St-SCS BL-0 Ex-14.69% [csdb -b] [eas ftr] [+2%]
    Ethereal motes of energy flood into your outstretched grasp as the extraction continues.
    The overgrow ceases its stirring as the telepathic screen fades away.
    H-100% M-100% E-100% W-100% B-100 Ess- K-0 St-SCS BL-0 Ex-14.69% [csdb -b] [eas ftr]
    Mana Lost: 229
    H-100% M-94% E-100% W-99% B-100 Ess- K-0 St-SCS BL-0 Ex-14.69% [csdb -b] [eas ftr] []
    (Web): Rowena says, "No point, flood."
    H-100% M-94% E-100% W-99% B-100 Ess- K-0 St-SCS BL-0 Ex-14.69% [csdb -b] [eas ftr]
    Mana Lost: 8
    H-100% M-94% E-100% W-99% B-100 Ess- K-0 St-SCS BL-0 Ex-14.69% [csdb -b] [eas ftr]apply mass
    You take out a salve of mass and quickly rub it on your skin.
    Your body grows extremely dense and heavy as the mass salve infuses your skin.
    You have gained the density defence.
    H-100% M-94% E-100% W-99% B-100 Ess- K-0 St-SCS BL-0 Ex-14.69% [csdb -b] [e-s ftr]
    The earth parts and forcibly ejects Aishia, the roots that bore her there relinquishing their grip
    and returning from whence they came, leaving her where your companion once stood.
    She is followed by a wyvern spirit.
    The overgrowth choking the vicinity begins to wither and die, leaving the ground littered with
    browned stalks and leaves.
    Perspiration flecks Aishia's brow as a tide of fresh growth erupts from beneath her feet, spreading
    outward and blanketing the area in lush, verdant plantlife.
    Roots snake upward and abruptly tangle about your ankles, yanking you unceremoniously down into the
    waiting earth. For a few moments you struggle for breath, soil invading your nostrils, before you
    are deposited to the surface once more in whereabouts unknown.
    Rowena follows you to the ether.
    Stagnant pool.
    There are 2 wickedly sharp stalagmites here. The shining figure of a guardian angel floats in the
    air here. An icewall is here, blocking passage to the southwest. A vibrant, crackling aura of raw
    energy cloaking his form, Valingar is here. He wields a bronze Second Epoch buckler in his left hand
    and a spiritual mace in his right. This area has been overgrown with a swathe of seething plantlife.
    An oppressive blanket of primal energy envelops the area, crackling with tension.
    You see exits leading southwest and west.
    Your shielded has been stripped.
    Your movement causes your magical shield to dissipate.

This is really fucking stupid. Past shield and mass? Bitch pls.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    It's stopped by monolith.
    ValingarAishiaAngwe
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I am over the ongoing latency issues recently I am getting.

Zsadist
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Sad to see two things:
    1) Sol's newbie thrall suicided apparently.
    2) I apparently turned a book into the Putoran people at some point (which was probably RL year(s) ago) and it still hasn't been reviewed. No clue what it even was now.

• This lag latency issues are really starting to piss me off.... I can't do SHIT!!!! Lagged out for 45 seconds in a damn lesser.

SolariaSheirosiaInfin
  • I didn't have any lag at all during that lesser, so it likely isn't a server problem.

• its his awesome system @Ilyon!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ilyon said:

I didn't have any lag at all during that lesser, so it likely isn't a server problem.

Yeah but you're playing from Poland or the moon or Europe or something, I don't think it counts.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Nalor said:

its his awesome system @Ilyon!

Either TW, or one of the hops along the way.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:

Nalor said:

its his awesome system @Ilyon!

Either TW, or one of the hops along the way.
    Considering I've been having lag issues for about a week now, Imma take a wild guess and say that it might be one of the hops. I've been using TW for about a year now and have never had lag this bad. :( Either that, or my computer is just finally wanting to take a shit on me. :(

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I've been noticing a lot of lag lately, too. As have a couple other people I talk to on skype/aim. And though I'm usually RPing and it thus isn't all that vital...it's still really frustrating. Especially when you're -not- just RPing, when you're trying to bash or pk or whatever. Especially when such causes you to die/lose connection. (And thus your expensive globe buff.)
    imageimage
    GwenithSheirosia
This discussion has been closed.