Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Okay. Ice chairs are face-palm-worthy but conceivably possible. Chairs made of -sand-? REALLY? -.-
    imageimage
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    AshmerEzalorHaven
    There needs to be a :< button.
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ugh. Rage that disconnecting during death sequence resets you to the start of the entire sequence - and since you lose xp at each stage, I've basically lost 3 deaths worth of xp from a single d/c. :(
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    o.o I've never noticed disconnecting during death sequence restarts it
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    General rage at how often a good branch of RP tends to tank right before completion and you're left sitting there wondering what to do now.
    IshinZsadistGwenithCarivah
  • @Stathan. I know how you feel. Me and @Haven were RP-ing some philosophical ideals of Light v Shadows at the Crack and he afk'd on me! :( Bad Haven! :(
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Trager
    Zsadist said:

@Stathan. I know how you feel. Me and @Haven were RP-ing some philosophical ideals of Light v Shadows at the Crack and he afk'd on me! :( Bad Haven! :(

@Zsadist honestly dude, he AFK's on everyone. He neglects his RP and @Haven is a bad boy and must be punished.
    KerrynTragerAryanneAshmerHavenTeaniNola
    ....fsgfskh. SAND CHAIRS. NO. BAD.

>.>
    imageimage
    I rage at vivi and adder. Not so much the people that use it as the skills themselves making an already strong class even stronger. Mostly rage at vivi bypassing starburst, as it's always done, and there's no way to prevent that.

I'd rage at each individual person that uses Indo but there's no point in it. Would be like raging at someone for killing me with retri. The skill is the problem, not the player.

Also, @Mazzion is a bully.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Stathan said:

I rage at vivi and adder. Not so much the people that use it as the skills themselves making an already strong class even stronger. Mostly rage at vivi bypassing starburst, as it's always done, and there's no way to prevent that.

I'd rage at each individual person that uses Indo but there's no point in it. Would be like raging at someone for killing me with retri. The skill is the problem, not the player.

Also, @Mazzion is a bully.

You can rage at me bb.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

@Ashmer I actually like the banter with you before duels. It amuses me greatly.
  • I rage at people who run out of the room 50 times during the course of a fight. I mean... Seriously?
    SheirosiaRiluoIshinInfin
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    I rage more that I had somebody dead and unable to hit then person two walks in and drops me to 0% mana and 12% health in mere seconds.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Yarel said:

I rage at people who run out of the room 50 times during the course of a fight. I mean... Seriously?

Bout all you can do is flood and icewall all the exits. Tumble out...either delph just before tumble ticks to succeed or trigger your brazier to go off the second they tumble out.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can I make a fire chair? :D
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AryanneStathanAarbrokRiluo
    Erzsebet said:

Okay. Ice chairs are face-palm-worthy but conceivably possible. Chairs made of -sand-? REALLY? -.-

What's wrong with that? Have you read the Teradrim skills?

Omei
  • @Moirean, it's been ruled that all crafted items by players are mundane and non-magical (with the exception of enchantments, but that's something different). It has been said by the admin that the process of crafting something like elemental ice, or ash, removes the magical qualities from it and makes it mundane. They just aren't magical, end of story.

So, you couldn't craft a chair made out of ice, it would melt. You couldn't craft a chair out of sand, it would fall apart. Without magic, those things couldn't exist and since your crafted items aren't magical, you can't make them. The closest you could do is craft a chair of sandstone, which I think exists somewhere, but I might be wrong on that.
    I'm talking about a particular player's tendency to use an emote they apparently have aliased which creates a chair out of sand that she promptly flops down onto.

Regardless of tera skills, I think it's stupid, annoying, and immersion-breaking.
    imageimage
    Areka
  • I'm probably jumping into the tiger's mouth here, but I'll share my guess on why it's a bad thing.

1. Guild skills of any kind have nothing to do with craft items. Probably because if one person (who knows if it's a Teradrim submitting it or not? Does it matter? Not really) gets it approved, then anyone can.
    2. Scratching out guild skills, that makes the feasibility of a sand chair that can be interacted with and sat upon, since all chairs can, on the same level of practicality as a sword made of glass. One use and it'd logically be destroyed, but that's not going to happen with a crafted item.
    3. Going back to the guild skills moot point, it's much the same as how any 'special' items 'lose their special properties that make them special' upon being added into a design.

I can definitely see why it's a frustration. It's a, "Does this make sense?"
    edited July 2014
    ....again, noooot a crafting thing. If it was a crafting thing, I'd just reject it, for the above, listed reasons.

It's an RP thing, which is why it makes me rage, because however asinine it is, the only way to make them -stop- is--not really existent. The BEST I can do is utilize an ooc command like ignore, so I don't have to see the bullshit.

ETA: Also SAND DOES NOT CREATE ALABASTER.
    imageimage
    Mephistoles
  • I know who you're talking about. I remember other people doing the same thing with other elements, and it actually bothers me too. But... as you said, there's nothing to be done for it really. I can't even entirely put my finger on why it bothers me so much. Maybe because it smacks of ego? Here, lemme just summon up a big throne here amidst you other plebes.
  • Are we talking about specifically an RP instance and not crafting? Because now I feel silly.
    edited July 2014
    To be honest, the ice-chairs are kinda facepalm, worthy too, and those are the only other kind I've seen done. But structurally, those are at least theoretically possible in the short term.

Chairs made of more nebulous materials like sand and fire are just totally ridiculous, immersion-breaking and asinine.

There's an extent past which you can logically take your abilities beyond the actual skills. I feel like this is far outside of that scope.

There's that, too, I guess. But mostly that only bothers me because she does it at the inner gate. It's not even private RP, she's forcing this utter bullshit on everyone. But really, if this wasn't an absurd application of skills that don't make sense, I'd be OOCly fine, at least, with the arrogance of that. I can respond to -that- IC. I pointblank refuse to respond to/acknowledge this nonsense.

ETA: I think part of the annoyance and unwillingness to suspend disbelief on this stems in part from the particular player, and the fact that after this one aliased emote doing this thing, not only does she never emote again, neither is there ever -ever- any mention of the ridiculous sand chair. That probably veers towards self-aff stuff though. Just contributes to why I find this so annoying.

....also. Again. SAND != ALABASTER. >.> LRN2ROCKS
    imageimage
  • I don't really understand why a person who has trained all of their life to manipulate the earth and sand couldn't make a chair, to be honest. I've never had a character in that guild or with that class, so I'm sort of uncertain how it works on a detailed level. But that doesn't seem completely bogus. Sort of how Meltas made an ice chair that one time and everyone jumped all over him. I mean, we can weave spin crystals in the air and open portals to take us across the world. We can make it silent or loud, wet or dry. I can breath fire out of my normal human (yeleni!?) mouth, and run as fast as a horse. And although I know it's different than crafting, enchanting -is- a skill, and one that many people have mastered.

I emote a -lot- of stuff that doesn't fall within the parameters of any skill I possess. I also RP being able to manipulate my haven, because why not? It's my place. I can destroy it or change it in an instant if I want, why can't I make a stone chair erupt from the ground for someone to sit on?

If it's a blend of something I know I can do, and there's no logical reason why I couldn't? I do. Sure, I don't do it a lot in public because of just this sort of thing - people will get mad because it doesn't fit in with their idea of what a person should be able to do, but come on. It's a fantasy game. Nobody wants to play a magical person who can't do more than crude-smash somebody to death.

TragerPiperJensen
    Yes, they aren't raging about crafting. They are raging about emotes - and again, I am asking why chairs made out of sand are so unfeasible. Have you read the Teradrim skills? I think coalescing sand into a chair is perfectly fine given that the Teradrim summon flails, spikes, barriers and even animated DAEMONS out of sand. A chair is pretty darn mundane compared to the skill messages.
    HavenTrager
    You know what. Raging here.

You don't have to agree with me. You're even allowed to follow me around here and actively disagree with everything I say if you really want to. But I put this opinion here because it pisses me off, for all the reasons (including a couple you guys ninja'd while I was editing) listed in my last few posts.

I'm done.

It pisses me off. The end.

I further rage that no one seems to be able to post here without people jumping on it and starting some huge dramafest.
    imageimage
  • I think making chairs, or thrones (I mean hey, maybe the character views themselves as just THAT AWESOME), on an RP level out of sand, is perfectly acceptable. If they're a Teradrim.

My only issue that I've heard about so far is.. if you're going to do that, at least be bothered to research into it what you're using.
  • Everyone knows @phoenecia makes alabaster.
    edited July 2014
    In fairness, I think if it was just a crude sand chair, I'd be at least a little less annoyed with it.

Just. To clarify. This is the aliased emote:

Raising her claw into the air, X channels pure white sand up from the
    ground. With a brisk gesture, she forms it into the shape of an alabaster throne, the edges of it elegant, ornate, and smooth with djeirani designs and deep grooves. With a turn of her step she lowers herself lightly into it, crossing her legs and setting her claws upon the armrests.

ETA: @Rashar What
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.