Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Not so much a rage, as it is just saddening news for me.

E5 results came out today.... I didn't make it :( oh well. Thats life I guess.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    @Jensen: #noglobes4lyfe
    Jensen
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Sure, I was grossly outnumbered, but 100% mana to 0% (and a lock) in 2.34s?

Kinda why people are simply not bothering with lessers these days. :(
  • Posting a log may help to identify if any addressable issue exists.

• SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Fair comment, but honestly, it should be obvious that the mana drain stack ability is where the issue lies. Either way, I just rage qq'd. Sorry. No log.
  • Mana drain is too good in a team fight, but so is everything really. Straight health drain with multiple monks is nuts. Team fights are just pretty much impossible to balance though a few of the changes like the holocaust / singularity one have helped a bit.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I kill all the teshen solo as Croc the only time I've died is when I kept getting prone over and over and couldn't move... Which does happen bit they are manageable I've handed in a couple thousand corpses myself
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Tbh, I don't think we should regularly have to bash to make sure our novices can leave/enter the city.

I get that conceptually they're raiders and don't give a damn about boundaries, but I'd say they're definitely annoying enough to be rage-worthy, even if they haven't killed me personally. If only because every time I get the 'roar angry teshen' spam X30 I duanathar before they can hit, figure out where the hell my mount is, celerity and gallop through the shit.
    imageimage
    AlexinaMephistolesEzalor
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    edited July 2014
    Rowena said:

Mana drain is too good in a team fight, but so is everything really. Straight health drain with multiple monks is nuts. Team fights are just pretty much impossible to balance though a few of the changes like the holocaust / singularity one have helped a bit.

Speaking as a monk, your axe hurts. (No I don't have a log right now)
    But walking in and looking back over a log to see 1 hit+venom+2 whispers hit me for 1726, and it wasn't a BB. I've decided that personally, you need to die. No offense.

However, yes, if 2-3 monks prep a little and go into a lesser fully kai'd up, enfeeble spam will put you in the range of absolve/annihilate (depending on which side the monk is on) in 1 round. Enfeeble does hit mana and life though, and is only mildly useful 1v1, and not at all if the person you're fighting has a sip bonus arti. But, couple 1 monk using enfeeble - 49% mana knock in one hit, call it a templar using combust/lumi using sap, or even a Sentinel using slice to force clot, you're going to be absolved (if a lumi is present) either on the next balance or immediately. Then if the monk is being hit, they got more Kai, can set up enfeeble on the next target. Though, from my understanding the insane numbers a monk can put out is offset by the fact that you can kill them with 3 people 1 or 2 rounds easily enough since they squish.

I have much rage as well! Mostly at common issues everyone else is facing that are causing so much unrest. I don't always get along with most people, if any, and I'm not always the nicest guy IC, but that's Stat for you. It does bother me as a player when another player gets upset over something and nothing can be done about it due to history or general inability to care ( @Moirean and her recent issue with watching the event is a good example). Yes, historically she's a major pain in the buttocks, and if I'm not mistaken has history with @Slyphe as well, but hey, sometimes people do just want to watch. No, I'm not saying that she was right to just walk in phase, because given history a bit of talking would have been in order to generally let everyone know she's not going to be a bother, but the way that things tend to go down, I'm quite sure at least one person over-reacted and was genuinely insulting for no other reason but to insult. Yes, the community can come together and I love that aspect, but we can also push each others buttons faster than people in our out of game lives, I feel. It's just one of those "Oh yeah well you can't do (insert insult pertaining to city/guild/class/personal matter right, so why do you even try?!" sorta things and boom, you've ruined someones day. Sometimes you may feel they deserve it, and I understand the strictness that RP sets on you sometimes, but every so often, remember there is someone behind that character, and they are just trying to have fun/unwind/forget about issues that are dogging them out of realms.

/rant
    Moirean
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Erzsebet said:
    Tbh, I don't think we should regularly have to bash to make sure our novices can leave/enter the city. I get that conceptually they're raiders and don't give a damn about boundaries, but I'd say they're definitely annoying enough to be rage-worthy, even if they haven't killed me personally. If only because every time I get the 'roar angry teshen' spam X30 I duanathar before they can hit, figure out where the hell my mount is, celerity and gallop through the shit.
    But like... I don't believe this is a permanent endeavor. You have a nuisance on your doorstep that's quickly becoming a serious problem (though it kind of sounds like negligence on the city's part). Shouldn't the city be looking for alternative ways to stem the tide? Maybe that's what the admin are waiting for in order to continue the event? I dunno, could be wrong.
    Sidenote: I still maintain that group combat would be better served through like an approach/grouping system that had group skills + universal skills separated from dueling (1v1) skills.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Stathan said:

However, yes, if 2-3 monks prep a little and go into a lesser fully kai'd up, enfeeble spam will put you in the range of absolve/annihilate

Enfeeble disables using absolve/annihilate on its target for 6 seconds, specifically to prevent easy enfeeble/absolve combinations. Same for cripple/vivisect.

Lim
    Ilyon said:

Stathan said:

However, yes, if 2-3 monks prep a little and go into a lesser fully kai'd up, enfeeble spam will put you in the range of absolve/annihilate

Enfeeble disables using absolve/annihilate on its target for 6 seconds, specifically to prevent easy enfeeble/absolve combinations. Same for cripple/vivisect.
    Understood, but for 6 seconds you can still have your mana pushed down to 0 and as soon as the 6 second window on enfeeble is up, you're gone. Which is generally 2 rounds after enfeeble, give or take for balances.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Ilyon eats a lung slice.
    [Tripwire]: PK: Ilyon has cured paralysis (lung) (0.27s)
    [3925(68%)|4244(100%)|9|99%|100%|90.5%|R:49|Md:0%|S:100%] [HMcsdb e-
    ]
    Ilyon has < insulation, sileris >
    Valingar eats a bloodroot leaf.
    [3925(68%)|4244(100%)|9|99%|100%|90.5%|R:49|Md:0%|S:100%] [HMcsdb e-]

[Tripwire]: Info: Target set: Lim

Now targeting lim!
    [2131(37%)|4244(100%)|9|99%|100%|90.5%|R:49|Md:0%|S:100%] [HMcsdb e-] (-
    1794h (fire))

You feel yourself grow slightly hungrier as the chaos worm feeds.
    +------------------------------------------------+
    | HUNGER |
    +------------------------------------------------+
    [2131(37%)|4244(100%)|9|99%|100%|90.5%|R:49|Md:0%|S:100%
    Like... whoa.
    Stathan
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    ...huh? I'm not seeing what happened other than an eld probably took a poop on you.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    edited July 2014
    Firelord. I gag ents that just do damage for spam management.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Angwe said:

Firelord. I gag ents that just do damage for spam management.

Yeah, there were like... four firelords there. <.<

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

edited July 2014
    That hit me all at the same time?

Edit: I wasn't main target at the time, either. Only one set of ents was hitting me.
  • This is how I die to raiders.

UGH AT BEING TOO LAZY TO CATCH VARIABLES THAT DONT EXISTS WABLEGARBVLADOIAGBASDOIFA

!111!!111!!11!!!!!oneonezerooneone!!!11!21

I need to stop being lazy and stick with a direction in a system. -_-
    ugh.png 45.5K
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited July 2014
    Impossible to really tell what happened when you have the relevant part gagged. A single firelord does around 500 damage. Firelord also afflicts with ablaze so it looks like it wasn't even firelord(s) doing that damage to you.
    Mephistoles
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Well remember the change that makes ablaze procs do extra damage if you're already ablaze it might have something to do with that.
  • Flames lick around you - you are on fire!
    Health Lost: 75, fire.
    Flames lick around you - you are on fire!
    Health Lost: 162, fire.
    Health Lost: 201, fire.
    Health Lost: 294, fire.
    Health Lost: 326, fire.
    Health Lost: 421, fire.
    Health Lost: 475, fire.
    Health Lost: 500, fire.
    It's definitely not that. Above is the damage from allowing ablaze to continue unabated. But what Angwe got hit with definitely not an ordinary firelord attack either. With everything gagged we really can't tell what happened exactly.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    sorry I meant getting SET ablaze again

You suck in a huge lungful of air and blast your fiery breath out at yourself.
    You scream in agony as the horrific flames crackle over your melting flesh.
    Health Lost: 266, fire.
    Health Lost: 286, fire.
    Balance Used: 4.00 seconds
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    If you get set ablaze while already ablaze it procs extra damage.
    edited July 2014
    What she's saying is this.

Breathing fire at myself.

I took double damage from fire breath because I was already on fire.

Edit:
    Thanks for pointing that out @Moirean‌
    my audit
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Should also post your audit. I remember you were upset about my damage as Indo a long time ago and it turned out you didn't have minis trained and your rings had decayed.
    MephistolesStathanAshmer
    I'm not really upset about it at all, it's just so odd! I'm pretty sure it's an outlier of some sort, firelords don't usually hit me that hard.

Just checked my rings, and they're all still enchanted. This is my base audit with armor in Sentinel.

Type Defences Miniskills Armour A. Total
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----
    Cutting 40% 0% 36% 51%
    Blunt 30% 0% 36% 43%
    Magic 30% 24% 0% 47%
    Fire 20% 24% 0% 40%
    Cold 47% 24% 0% 60%
    Electric 20% 24% 0% 40%
    Poison 27% 24% 0% 45%
    Psychic 10% 24% 0% 32%
    Asphyxiation 10% 24% 0% 32%
    *********************************[ Avoidance
    ]*********************************
    Type PVP PVE
    ----
    Dodge Chance 13% 16%
    Divert Chance 35% 35%
    Divert Block 21% 21%

And this is with shell.

********************************[ Resistances
    ]********************************
    Type Defences Miniskills Armour A. Total
    ----
    Cutting 45% 0% 36% 55%
    Blunt 35% 0% 36% 47%
    Magic 35% 24% 0% 51%
    Fire 25% 24% 0% 43%
    Cold 52% 24% 0% 64%
    Electric 25% 24% 0% 43%
    Poison 32% 24% 0% 49%
    Psychic 15% 24% 0% 36%
    Asphyxiation 15% 24% 0% 36%
    *********************************[ Avoidance
    ]*********************************
    Type PVP PVE
    ----
    Dodge Chance 13% 16%
    Divert Chance 35% 35%
    Divert Block 21% 21%
    ****>
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Yeah, it looks like either multiple firelords or stacked fire damage. Also, it's possible that we all had you enemied, OR had ordered our ents on you and then changed target. You were first target in a few of our quick target pick sessions. <.<

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Y'all were on Valingar I wanna say? I wish I'd kept the log now.
    Found what Angwe wanted to know.

[Tripwire]: Info: Afflictions: weakvoid, slickness, impatience, ablaze, numbedskin,
    stupidity.

Flames spew in from the southeast, engulfing your body, consumimg your flesh.
    Flames spew in from the southeast, engulfing your body, consumimg your flesh.
    [1986(34%)|1902(39%)|65|99%|98%|100%|16.6%|R:100|Md:0%|K:80] [HMcdb e- --] S:tiger (-1812h
    (fire))

If 2 fire at the same time I instantly get ablaze and take the bonus damage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Firelords don't tick on a single target. They burn all enemies at once.
This discussion has been closed.