MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Finding out the last six months of your relationship have been a lie...
    Unicornsing lovely.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited July 2014
    For @Aarbrok - feel better, babe. NSFW for language.

-editing- And no, I'm not trying to call Aarbrok one. He knows what I mean.

Stathan
  • Gesundheit.

Ill take the bearded one on the right @Haern‌ ....
    I met up with my old friend Jameson, went and saw Cher perform, came back plenty liquored and without a voice...aint no man gonna stop a diva.
    ElieSolariaPiperArekaRasharFaerahTeaniAngwe
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    ..Cher's still alive?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AryanneElieErzsebetSlypheMephistoles
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Ishin said:

..Cher's still alive?

Get out.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ArekaAshmer
    edited July 2014
    68 years old, and still fits into her turn back time outfit.

PS, shes amazing, no lip syncing in that show and could outperform Katy perry anyday. Best concert I have ever seen...not even lying

On another note, im in that weird transitional emotional void right now...
    Not sure what feels are.
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    Today has been a bad day altogether, not to mention how difficult going to school at all is for me. The culmination of all of the little things ends up as I'm the -only- fat person in my dance class. They make me feel like a blimp.
  • Or the only brave one.

You ain't fat anyway. Pishaw, as a certain feller I know likes to say.
    SlypheFaerahMarienaXavinErzsebetAryanneIosyneAshmerEmelle
    Fat is just a perceived body type, not a measurement of a person.

Own every last inch of yourself @Auresae‌ because those skinny unicorns aren't worth it.
    Gotta rock it and be you. <3

XavinErzsebetKaleighAshmerEmelle
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Haern said:

#firstworldproblems

I got Lebanese food for lunch today after having a fairly crap morning. Very excited, absolutely love it. Ordered hummus and labneh that's mixed with mint and olive oil, etc, hint of citrus to it--absolutely some of my favorite sides from this restaurant to go with my lamb and really, really delicious. Get home, open up the bag: hummus and tabbouleh.

I love tabbouleh, but I just really wanted labneh today.

I rage at having to Goggle labneh and tabbouleh to appropriately understand Haern's rage. Having never had either, I still do not feel as though I can appropriately sympathize, but I will attempt to draw a parallel from my life. Once upon a time, went to Panera. Ordered baked potato soup for a sick/ornry/pregnant wife. Get home, open it up and display it proudly. It is red. Apparently I got a baked tomato soup.

Something like that?

Onto some of my own rage. My supervisors at work are straight up breaking the law. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I've contacted several government agencies and all of them point me to someone else and/or say "Yeah, that isn't really our thing." How can it not be your thing, you're the Federal Railroad Administration! You are the lawman! That's like undeadlies doing whatever undead folks do with their necromancy trying to subvert the coming of the Age of Dawn and @Haven going "Naaaah, that really isn't my thing!" WTFGTFOARGH!

I'd turn them into Corporate, but I'm afraid that my immediate supervisor, who is only acting based on the instructions of the higher ups, is going to take the brunt of it because "he should have known better." Reference posts roughly a year or so ago from me about how I turned my then-supervisor in for something similar and he got canned and I got a letter of reprimand for allegedly not reporting the thing that I reported. I'm still trying to figure out how it is possible to not report something that you reported. If I didn't report it, how do you know about it? Yeaaah..... Anyways. Allegedly they're still feeling around in the dark trying to "figure out what to do" even though I told them what needs to be done, why it needs to be done, referenced where it states that is what needs to be done, and gave contact information for the go-to person in the company who can verify everything. I suspect they haven't contacted her because within 90 seconds of me talking to her she knew the answer. Which, at least to me, validates the suspicion that there is malicious intent behind their actions. Oh well. Maybe I get to make a second complaint to the EEOC this month!
  • Never attempting a relationship over distance again.
    Aishia
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Auresae said:

Today has been a bad day altogether, not to mention how difficult going to school at all is for me. The culmination of all of the little things ends up as I'm the -only- fabulous person in my dance class. They make me feel like a queen.

There ya go, fixed it. All a matter of perspective. Jealousy is just their negativity shining through. They wish they could be as fabulous as you. Simple as that.
    IshinErzsebetJensenXavinMarienaKaleigh
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Maite said:

Never attempting a relationship over distance again.

But I luffff yyyooouuu.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • It's been a week of rage.

Sitting at my parents house right now, where I am now having to live.

Going to make the best of it. Got to.
  • So, I'm a "head of novices" in real life. I run my office's intern program which, under my coordination, expanded from one to two interns a summer to five this summer. Typically, it's fun. Young law students are so energetic and remind me why I decided to go to law school in the first place. However, every now and again one of them decides they know everything about a particular topic because "my professor said..."

...It makes me see red.

/end rage.
  • Faerah said:

So, I'm a "head of novices" in real life. I run my office's intern program which, under my coordination, expanded from one to two interns a summer to five this summer. Typically, it's fun. Young law students are so energetic and remind me why I decided to go to law school in the first place. However, every now and again one of them decides they know everything about a particular topic because "my professor said..."

...It makes me see red.

/end rage.

Ugh. My grandmother (bless her heart) does this. She will ask me to fix her computer, then undo my work in a week because her friend down the street, who doesn't know a USB from a haircurler, told her that's what she was supposed to do. And then she'll argue with me when I tell her not to do what her friend said. If only I could put read-only perms on her computer knowledge...

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Faerah said:

So, I'm a "head of novices" in real life. I run my office's intern program which, under my coordination, expanded from one to two interns a summer to five this summer. Typically, it's fun. Young law students are so energetic and remind me why I decided to go to law school in the first place. However, every now and again one of them decides they know everything about a particular topic because "my professor said..."

...It makes me see red.

/end rage.

If you don't already have an appointed person in the office whose purpose is to put those interns in their place, you may have to appoint one or begin to do it yourself. It feels harsh, but there's sometimes nothing more helpful than having your attitude checked by people who have influence on your career.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    AshmerAarbrokEmelle
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I'm more than a little annoyed that I may be forced to find another job soon. I actually like my job, and it's convenient and easy for me to get to. But, the regional manager wants to move the store to a new location by the end of August. The prospective new location is outside of my public transit region, and since I don't have regular access to a car, would take me more than an hour to get to.

My boss knows my situation, and he wants to keep me on the payroll as much as possible because I'd be difficult to replace in less than two months, and because he and the store would be kind of screwed if they were to be manned only by new hires after the move. So essentially, the regional manager is screwing over pretty much everybody where I work simply because she wants to change the location regardless of how inconvenient it is to everyone, and how much it'll impact the store profits.
    Knowing that I have 0 chance of winning this, because I never win a thing, fills me with such rage and sadness :(

Ingram said:
  • Oleis said:

If you don't already have an appointed person in the office whose purpose is to put those interns in their place, you may have to appoint one or begin to do it yourself. It feels harsh, but there's sometimes nothing more helpful than having your attitude checked by people who have influence on your career.

Oh, I do put them in their place. I simply think it's ridiculous that they try it in the first place.
    OleisAryanneAshmer
  • The thing that sucks about having internet-friends is that if something horrible happened to them, there's a good chance you'd never know. They'd just stop talking to you, and that would be it. And at the beginning, it would look just like today.

TeaniIosyneErzsebetAryanneGwenithAngwe
    @Faerah = I have a team of seven Fashion and Merchandising interns that I manage at a high end designer retailer. They all come to this position thinking they can just window shop and talk about fashion.

Then they meet me.

They call me "Devil wears Prada" because my general sass is enough to give them the uncertainty needed to survive in the real world. I am never mean, I am very direct, and I know they dont all like me. I am here to ensure they know the ins and outs of what working with clothing, designers, buyers and consumers is like, and its messy.

Just keep your chin up, the education they will get from you will come back and give you rewards down the road when they thank you for the life lessons, better than any textbook could ever offer.
    FaerahIshinTeani
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    My computer, which has been messing with me for a really long time, died today. Not starting whatsoever, so I'm afraid I won't be able to log in for a while to play seriously, but I will try to get in to pay my shop taxes. Hopefully the shop won't be taken away from me, even though restocking might be a problem for a while, but I will try my best to keep it going.

Until I'm able to get back, stay awesome everyone.
    Elie said:

The thing that sucks about having internet-friends is that if something horrible happened to them, there's a good chance you'd never know. They'd just stop talking to you, and that would be it. And at the beginning, it would look just like today.

This is why I like to try and regularly talk to many of the people I've befriended on the internet, though it's imperfect and I will admit to slacking in certain regards.

Ingram said:
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Aarbrok wtf is Prada
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Its a designer brand.... Like Gucci, Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana....
    Ishin
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Well, I got what I wished for. Kept making jokes about hurricane season and have one heading right for me. Cat 2, no big deal but still. May not be around for a few days. Teach me to run off at my mouth at mother nature. @Lleis would be proud of mother nature for shoving her primordial foot up my buttocks.