• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Aishia said:

Check out my mad globes.

I'll check out your globes alright.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    StathanMoireanAngwe
  • ILU Xarian.

• I find both of your points valid, @elie and @rashar.
    I find it groan-worthy is someone has obnoxiously flowery wording in their descs (honestly, if you desc is more than, say, 5 sentences, I'm gonna be groaning and probably skimming it at best), and I especially grumble inwardly at eye-word-replacement.
    However I hate being repetitive, and if the glowing globes of a thousand radiant suns deserve mentioning more than once in the desc, I'm okay with a slightly-flowery synonym for that reason.

MephistolesStathanEmelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You can usually avoid excessive repetition through creative sentence structure.
    RiluoElieIshinVolkaErzsebetAliceEmelle
  • This is my point exactly.

• Elie makes me want to change my desc.

He is an agile Yeleni, and has two arms and a pair of legs. Everything seems to be intact, and he's otherwise fairly normal. Except for the globular pools of his eyes, which are like shimmering, starlit skies. So many facets on those oculars, so much depth within those spherical instruments of visual acuity. Eyes eyes eyes eyes eyes, so profound it bears repeating.
    StathanSetneOmeiVolkaRivasAryanneAmberleaEmelleTrager
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    I have no problems with how you describe yourself.

I do rage at being rediculously specific on your hips, bust size and everything and then acting upset when someone actually RP's out noticing. (I'm talking about you @Haven ...stare harder)
    VolkaAryanne
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    No shame in looking!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    StathanAryanne
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    He is a typical Human and an overall slim individual. Standing just over six
    feet, he poses a clean-cut and neat appearance. His countenance is paled, drawn
    with two calm, mahogany globes that rest above a commonplace nose, and his
    narrowed face ends in a wide mouth with a long jaw. Combed neatly back and
    parted to the right, his medium-cut hair is almost meticulously cared for, and
    colored brown as his eyes. His skin is absent of any tan, and he generally holds
    himself with a polite and proper demeanor. A half-severed ear on the left side
    of his head distracts from the general picture of his visage, and a deep,
    slender scar travels from the top of his hand to the palm.
    StathanAlice
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited June 2014
    <_< Nevermind!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited June 2014
    Edit: You know, not even worth it.
  • 10/10 would have nightmares again

i am rapture coder
    MoireanVolkaSetneTrager
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    We aren't using Stephen King as an example of how to avoid repetition. In the quest for the tower, repetition happened, a lot
    SerriceIngramIshinDaskalosStathanArenTrager
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Jensen said:

We aren't using Stephen King as an example of how to avoid repetition. In the quest for the tower, repetition happened, a lot

I totally giggled, and now I want to Like this so hard.

• Rage 1: Laptop crashed without warning, couldn't get online or open any program more complicated than Notepad for any substantial amount of time until I took it in to get fixed. Gave me time to get caught up on some IC writing tasks that needed my attention, so that's good at least. Got those done. It's been about a week or so (most likely less), but I got the laptop up and running today.

Rage 2: I log back in to find out that, because of that absence, I've been demoted IC and lost an org position because of it. With no warning beforehand other than a "you haven't been around much so I'm putting someone else in charge" message, followed immediately by the system message for the demotion. No "hey, you around?" or "I haven't seen you in awhile, what's going on?" or just a straight up blunt "Are you gonna be able to do this anymore?" for consideration's sake. Held that position for over an IC year with little to no support structure all on my own, and because of a laptop crashing and new management it's pretty much all for naught.

That's my rage. Now I get to figure out a new avenue of RP, or just log in to idlebash, or maybe fire up the alt or something. I dunno. I'm pretty damn disheartened, and not even Serrice's signature is cheering me up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited June 2014
    Just gonna say that your signature fits pretty perfectly for your post. Pretty lame when people do that, though.
    Interaction is hard, I guess.
    SetneEmelle
  • Interaction is incredibly hard, apparently. People would much rather enemy you on first contact and try to kill you without exchanging a single word. It's unfortunate - I was under the mistaken impression that Aetolia was a lot more open-minded than that. My mistake, clearly.

• IngramIngram Alaska
    Well, every day is a learning experience.

I rage at coffee headaches.
    AarbrokAryanneAngroth
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I definitely rage at coffee headaches.
    IngramAryanne
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Guess it must have been the nature of your first contact. Sometimes, the angle of attack is the kicker!

Omgggg. My internet is dying multiple times a day this week and it's getting worse... If I end up vanishing, that's why.
  • I rage that I am finding myself more and more bored, and when not bored - irritated, when I log into Aetolia.
    SessizlikMoireanIngramEmelleTrager
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I hate it when my characters go off into depressive spirals. I like that they don't usually go all super angst where people can see, but sometimes their thought processes and where they take certain lines of conversation is just depressing in a contagious way.
    imageimage
    AryanneEmelle
    edited June 2014
    I know somewhat what you mean, Faerah. I suspect a good deal of it is ennui. I was going to make a thread about it, to see how others think, but eh. I think it's quite a bit worse when you get up high in leadership - you've achieved the top, what next? There are things you can do to push past it, but they usually involve bugging admin to help with arcs/implementations or doing selfish things like personal RP arcs or bashing to reach x goal or focusing on PVP or etc, all of which detract from your work as a leader. Aetolia right now doesn't really offer very many long-term goals at the organizational level, so I find it hard sometimes to stay engaged as a leader, especially with Spines absent a patron. Part of this is likely just me being burntout, but maybe good development/design/admin is about minimizing that burnout?

A blogger I like (he does game design, previously for Blizzard, now for Riot) wrote this a few years back about ennui in games and I found it a good read: http://alexanderbrazie.blogspot.com/2012/10/ennui-repetition-and-dissatisfaction.html
    Faerah
  • Faerah said:
    I rage that I am finding myself more and more bored, and when not bored - irritated, when I log into Aetolia.
    Welcome to GIG! Now, watch out for the dirks in the back. I also didn't have much luck bugging for arcs/implementations, with many ideas and against many admin. Made me stop logging for other games without properly stepping down. Still would have liked to see any of those ideas come to fruition, even from the outside. It was pretty frustrating to be told by the Patron to go post-syndicate and then to not be able to get any form of support at all by anyone with the ability. I really can't validate inactive gods and the apathy towards them. There really can be no excuse for 7+ month hiatuses.
    *unnecessary banner*
    Faerah
  • It might be ennui, for certain, but I think its also this feeling that there's nothing particularly compelling about Aetolia. There's no sense of danger or long-lasting implications... No real, meaningful, conflict. It just feels flat and stagnant.

Also really entitled, dramallamaing people. That wears on me too.
    SessizlikIshinAarbrokIngramEmelle
  • edited June 2014
    I'm level 106 now, and I can't get my health higher than 5200 on a regular basis (unless I borrow Liska's hat) and I die to stupid stuff I ordinarily don't. Ugh. AND I hunt constantly as a sentinel which gives me a few boosts also. WHAT am I doing wrong? I'm dying to malevolences in Tiyen for heaven's sake.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Erzsebet
  • edited June 2014
    Meyvitch said:

I'm level 106 now, and I can't get my health higher than 5200 on a regular basis (unless I borrow Liska's hat) and I die to stupid stuff I ordinarily don't. Ugh. AND I hunt constantly as a sentinel which gives me a few boosts also. WHAT am I doing wrong? I'm dying to malevolences in Tiyen for heaven's sake.

What is your statpack? Are you sipping vigor before you start bashing? Red orbs and amulets? Blue orbs? What quality armor do you have? Miniskills? What enhancements have you used?

This discussion has been closed.