Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Phoenecia said:

Kind of wishing there were more interesting orgs to join that weren't dark-side aligned. Being full-rogue kind of sucks and gets boring after a while.

Join Haven in a partner in crime so to speak. Cause meyhem yet speak about the Light all the time. I am sure you two can find some sort of fun,

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Hostile take over of the refugee camp and form our own city-state!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AryannePhoeneciaEmelleTrager
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Spines is alcohol-aligned, we just happen to be blacked out a bunch, so it looks like we're dark-side aligned.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    AuresaeMoireanErzsebetAryannePerilunaVolkaAarbrokElieEmelle
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited June 2014
    I could say things but that would be trollish. So I'm going to admit to you that there are things that are there that aren't trollish. Maybe grow to be more.............I don't know.. accepting of your fellow players?:

Edit: You entirely do it to yourself. I wish you had a good RP experience but you seem intent on fighting against that.
    KiyotanAarbrok
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Y'know, I'd happily take you up on the offer if it were possible for me to keep all of my Light side classes active. :/
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    You can join Syssin and be an honorary Spirean.

JensenSetne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited June 2014
    Y'know, I wish but it brings backs memories of Christmas past. You STILL won't be happy. It's like I've been there. You spit the same venom, anyways. You're a beautiful artist. A wonderful roleplayer. You're just..I don't know..kind of mean.
    TeaniRasharKiyotanDaskalosRivas
  • The problem with playing a game and really only caring about getting your kicks right now however you want to get them, and screw anybody that it might affect means people will, after a time anyway, sort of stop giving a damn about the 'woe is me' you always come up with.

Hate to say it, but it's true. You're such a talented RPer, and I feel like you'd just be a lot of fun, but you won't change. You're a self admitted troll, and I've heard you call yourself a bitch so many times as if it were a badge. You embrace those things when they benefit you, but the minute someone -else- calls you on it, Holy shit. Cancel Christmas, kids. The lid just got flipped. Or you go to the pity me routine and bomb forums with how people are trying to make your experience terrible.

I hate that you'll take this personally instead of as something constructive, but ah well. I'm tired and I've had entirely too little sleep this week.
    KiyotanPiper
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    Let's move on before this gets fully fired up.
    IshinOmeiAshmerEmelle
  • Heh heh heh Auresae said fired....

PiperIshinAryannePerilunaTeaniErzsebetRivas
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Auresae said:

Let's move on before this gets fully fired up.

Gets me every time. That damn signature! xD
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    OmeiJensenMarienaTeaniZsadistStathanErzsebetRivasEmelle
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms

<8262/8262h 4348/4648m 33898e 20400w <eb> > <18:31:42:338> outc 1 coal
    put coal in forge
    fire forge
    You have no coal stored in the cache.
    <8262/8262h 4348/4648m 33883e 20400w <eb> > <18:31:43:475>
    You put a stack of 1000 pieces of coal into a sturdy iron forge.
    <8262/8262h 4348/4648m 33883e 20400w <eb> > <18:31:43:530>
    Hunkering down to look into the darkened forge, you inhale deeply and blow a stream of white-hot flame into its innards, lighting it.
    <8262/8262h 4348/4648m 33883e 20400w <eb> > <18:31:43:616> ...
    You pointedly say nothing at all.
    <8262/8262h 4348/4648m 33900e 20400w <eb> > <18:31:45:870> say fuck
    You say, "Not a good word."
    I should not be left to my own devices when restocking and out of it. ><
    IshinJensen
  • edited June 2014
    I rage about allergies.

I had a great day golfing today, but because it was windy, it was like, "Lets fuck you up because its windy." ARGH! FUCK ALLERGIES!

Edit: Second rage: Why the hell would I have to pay a fee to get unenemied to Moghedu? Its not my fault I'm enemied in the first damn place. I was instantly enemied the moment I walked into it! This is probably an idiotic ending to that Nesventesh event. Great fucking job! Getting inks is now that much harder!

You read what is written on a metallic box:
    Enemies to the Moghedu Territories may deposit a paltry sum of 15,000 golden sovereigns in
    order to cancel their status of enemy and once again be branded an ally of the Mhun.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

StathanIshin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited June 2014
    UPON FURTHER THOUGHT, MOVING THIS TO LOVE
    Ashmer

The firelord spews fire northwestward, but the flames are smothered by an icewall.
    The firelord spews fire northwestward, but the flames are smothered by an icewall.
    H:7709/7709 M:4963/5591 E:100% W:99% S:100% XP:27.98% [sdb -b lr]
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    H:7709/7709 M:4963/5591 E:100% W:99% S:100% XP:27.98% [sdb eb lr]
    The numbness in your limbs fades away.
    You have cured numbed_skin.
    H:7709/7709 M:4963/5591 E:100% W:99% S:100% XP:27.98% [sdb eb lr]
    Vines suddenly dart in from the northwest, entangling and dragging you back with them.

Well. That's special.
    Ashmer
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    I'm raging at being told I'm unicornsing up the credit market because I like selling them cheap when I can spare them...

Average credit price on market is 4.5k. Average org price that I'm in is 3.5k.

If I want to sell for 4k, then I'm selling for 4k, get over it or drop your prices.
    ArekaAshmerFurtumVolkaRivas
  • You are about to reroll a token stub#204751. There is a 50% chance of it turning
    into a new piece, or a 50% chance of it turning into 266 bound credits. RELIC
    REROLL PIECE204751 CONFIRM to proceed.
    [
    You flourish a token stub between your fingers, and with a small thunderclap, a
    fragment of a broken chalice appears in its place.

Hatchu!!

• Stathan, so full of rage. I was joking, bro. I do the same thing when I need or want cash - it was a joke, because you undercut my 4400 credits.

Rashar said:

Stathan, so full of rage. I was joking, bro. I do the same thing when I need or want cash - it was a joke, because you undercut my 4400 credits.

Yes, because they were over priced <.<

VIVA LA POOR PEOPLE!!
    HavenVolka
    Damonicus said:

You are about to reroll a token stub#204751. There is a 50% chance of it turning
    into a new piece, or a 50% chance of it turning into 266 bound credits. RELIC
    REROLL PIECE204751 CONFIRM to proceed.
    [
    You flourish a token stub between your fingers, and with a small thunderclap, a
    fragment of a broken chalice appears in its place.

Hatchu!!

...Why would you do that. I would have bought it. *cry*
    edited June 2014
    Playing Aetolia is insanely frustrating to do while quitting smoking. There are so many habitual moments I've developed with my gameplay that are now just triggers to want a smoke: going through death-sequence, roleplaying, writing a room description, dealing with a frustrating org member...

I had actually quit for about 6 months, in the past, but when I started playing MUDs again the smoking started again. I guess it's good that I'm quitting while also going through the gameplay habits that I've trained myself to associate with smoking.
    AliceIshinAshmerFurtumPiper
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Stathan said:

I'm raging at being told I'm unicornsing up the credit market because I like selling them cheap when I can spare them...

Average credit price on market is 4.5k. Average org price that I'm in is 3.5k.

If I want to sell for 4k, then I'm selling for 4k, get over it or drop your prices.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Stathan
  • edited June 2014
    directory hat
    You ponder the carvings for a span, before the candlelit glimmers highlight a shop listing the items you want.
    ****************************[ Shops selling 'hat' ]****************************
    VNum Owner Description Price
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3654 Shixblix an antique-white sun hat 405gp
    3654 Shixblix a light blue sun hat 405gp
    4573 Eleanor a dusty black stockman's hat 200gp
    4573 Eleanor a stripey, knitted long hat 200gp
    13421 Neoma a wide-brimmed desert hat 337gp
    19866 Eliser a dashing top hat with a violet band 250gp
    19866 Eliser a steel gray beret cap with a gold crest 250gp
    19866 Eliser a golden feathered headdress 350gp
    19866 Eliser an emerald-plumed purple fedora hat 250gp
    19866 Eliser an elegant silken fedora of bottle-green 300gp
    19866 Eliser a flame-embroidered fedora hat 300gp
    19866 Eliser an ivory feather-plumed fedora hat 300gp
    19866 Eliser a violet-banded feather-plumed fedora hat 300gp
    19866 Eliser an emerald feather-plumed fedora hat 250gp
    24434 Erzsebet an elegant gold-tooled plumed blue hat 350gp
    24434 Erzsebet a burgundy hat topped with ribbons 300gp
    24434 Erzsebet a lovely grey hat 200gp
    24434 Erzsebet a black top hat with lace fascinator 300gp
    24434 Erzsebet a tall black top hat 300gp
    24434 Erzsebet a silk-banded, brown leather fedora hat 300gp
    24434 Erzsebet a crooked black hat accented with green 250gp
    24434 Erzsebet a white hat adorned with pink flowers 150gp
    24434 Erzsebet a purple flower-adorned white hat 250gp
    35325 Moirean a fuzzy, knitted gray and gray hat (dyeable) 197gp
    35325 Moirean a black fedora hat 197gp
    35325 Moirean a conical straw hat 197gp
    35325 Moirean a plumed pirate hat 197gp
    35325 Moirean a dapper gray top hat (dyeable) 197gp
    *******************************************************************************

Okay, there CANNOT be that much of a fucking market for top hats. Seriously, man? God damn.
    Alice
  • edited June 2014
    Words that you should goddamn stop using as a substitute for "eyes" in descriptions:

Orbs
    Facets
    Oculars
    Globes

I will append this list as I see more things that are horrifyingly dumb. They're called EYES, for fuck's sake. Put the thesaurus down and step away slowly before someone gets hurt.

OmeiVolkaErzsebetPerilunaEmelle
    Thesaurus.com is my friend when writing up a new description.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Key and Peele would like to have a word with you.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    StathanHaven
  • I disagree, @elie. But mostly because Rashar's eyes are about the only prominent aspect of his physical appearance (aside from maybe the wings, now) and are mentioned in two sentences. I am not a fan of repeating the same word multiple times in a row.

Although, now that I check, I did manage to only use 'eyes' and nothing else in the current iteration. It changes, from time to time and as I get bored.
    Aryanne
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Check out my mad globes.
    StathanAlice
  • GLOBES. Yes, globes. Have added to the list.

Seriously, guys. Stephen King has written 1000+ page novels without using the kind of purple prose you put into your descriptions. Simplify, simplify. You don't need to beat someone to death with synonyms, and if you find yourself saying "eyes" six times in your description, maybe some of that detail is better mentioned in RP when it comes into play. I'm not diving into an endless pool of stars and madness every time I look at your godly orbs, dude. Your description shouldn't be doing all your roleplaying for you, and your eyes certainly shouldn't either.

RiluoAarbrokVolkaErzsebetEmelle
This discussion has been closed.