MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Working with grieving people...

Some people are wonderful, some people are just sad or reminiscent, some people are fiery, inconsolable unicorns that stomp all over you and do -not- shoot rainbows from their rears.

Today started with those last kinds of people. >:[

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Piper said:

So, I had some really, really horrible dreams last night that legit freaked me out. Developed a migraine and called out of work. My head is just pounding and I'm still freaked out.

I've had migraines that do the same and have caused hallucinations while I was awake. It sucks, it really does. Hope you're feeling better.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I rage at Hulu Plus - I am paying a subscription fee. Why do I still have commercials?
    IshinSolariaPiperValenaeAngroth
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Moirean said:

I rage at Hulu Plus - I am paying a subscription fee. Why do I still have commercials?

Trust me, that's why my husband and I gave it up. Was handy to be able to watch it through the app on the tv, but not worth paying to still have commercials. It's basically just to allow you broader options in content and in access availability.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    "Because Fuck 'em, that's why" - Dave Chappelle
    SolariaHavenAarbrokSetneStathanFurtumRivas
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Tequila
    HavenStathan
  • The drink of women everywhere.

*ducks*

JensenElwynAarbrokHaernTeaniOmeiHavenFurtum
  • I'm glad to be employed but I don't like having to work the closing shift full-time. I MISS MY ORDER.

i am rapture coder
    Piper
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Think of Carl.

OmeiSlypheHavenAryanne
  • Other RAGE: Yearning.

i am rapture coder
    Ishin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited June 2014
    @Omei
    I use to work in a road house, and it was hell as I did the closing shift every night as I was the male on the team (very sexist by the way) even though I was the single parent in the group with a 6 month old baby. I hated it so very much.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• edited June 2014
    As soon as I fell asleep around 2 - and it was a glorious sleep, my grandmother barged into my room and woke me up to tell me that my car lights were on.

The issue is I already fucking knew my car lights were on - specifically, my break lights. I also knew there was nothing I could do about it, because I don't do cars and my coworker already had to fix the problem one time. I told her as much and she kept trying to argue it with me, like I should go do something or get my grandfather awake to go do something. Knowing the issue, I'm not going to do that. Yes, my car battery is probably dead. I would have STILL preferred SLEEP, at least I could have handled the issue after being rested. I'm very very angry and easily irritable right now. I likely will be all day. Because I couldn't get back to sleep after she woke me up, so I laid in bed, restlessly, uncomfortably, for five hours. I'm exhausted and mad. I also had really important, fun plans today and I hope they're not going to be spoiled by this. I just can't sleep.
    IshinErzsebet
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Warm milk and honey might help. Anything with lavender, also, if you have it. Or a turkey and lettuce sandwich. All those things have sleepychemicals.

NolaStathan
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    edited June 2014
    Or, a cup of lavender tea with a touch of honey while eating a turkey and lettuce sandwich after taking some melatonin.

EDIT: When I have trouble sleeping I tend to go for overkill to get to sleep, even going so far as to take a hot bath while having a cup of warm tea to start relaxing.
    Piper
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I just go to the pharmaceutical department at work and eat everything until I pass out!

>.<

j/k

I kill all devices in my room and read a book which is enough to knock me out thankfully.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

HavenStathan
  • I got hit with some sort of crappy plague. Head hurts, pain behind my ears, throat so raw I can't eat, and generally fatigued out the wazoo. I've dropped 5 pounds in the last 3 days as a result of being unable to eat anything, but on the plus side I've remembered my love for tea. Mm. Tea.

• @Nola I had a somewhat different problem in that my car door wouldn't close because the locking mechanism got stuck, but, I quickly realized that rather than jumping my car each time I wanted to do something because I couldn't get the inside lights to turn off it was 100x easier to just unhook the battery after I got home, or to work or wherever. If it was just going to be a couple minutes at the store or something I wouldn't bother, but this saved me a lot of headache and if your problem persists, I would definitely suggest trying it. And it's definitely not hard, either, since I'm also not a car guy. Just my .02!
    IshinFurtumErzsebetNola
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Slyphe said:

I got hit with some sort of crappy plague. Head hurts, pain behind my ears, throat so raw I can't eat, and generally fatigued out the wazoo. I've dropped 5 pounds in the last 3 days as a result of being unable to eat anything, but on the plus side I've remembered my love for tea. Mm. Tea.

Sounds like mono. Who have you been kissing? ;)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    StathanGwenithElwynSolaria
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Haven said:

Sounds like mono. Who have you been kissing? ;)

Obligatory 'Urmom'. <3
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    HavenStathanAryanneMephistolesRiluoSlyphe
  • I dislike of the criticism of the SCOTUS over McCullen v. Coakley. The Massachusetts law was overly broad and it was a 9-0 ruling against it. The Robert's court has done some controversial things, but this isn't one of them and they were completely in line with constitution in striking down the law in the way they did.
    AryanneFaerah

I dislike of the criticism of the SCOTUS over McCullen v. Coakley. The Massachusetts law was overly broad and it was a 9-0 ruling against it. The Robert's court has done some controversial things, but this isn't one of them and they were completely in line with constitution in striking down the law in the way they did.

What's this? Can link? SCOTUS = secretary of treasury US?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Supreme Court, Ishin.

...oh. >.>
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:

I dislike of the criticism of the SCOTUS over McCullen v. Coakley. The Massachusetts law was overly broad and it was a 9-0 ruling against it. The Robert's court has done some controversial things, but this isn't one of them and they were completely in line with constitution in striking down the law in the way they did.

What's this? Can link? SCOTUS = secretary of treasury US?
    SCOTUS - Supreme Court of the United States. I'll elaborate. In 2007 Massachusetts passed a law that essentially created a "buffer zone" in front of abortion clinics. I'll try to summarize without quoting, but essentially it prevented people from protesting or being on the sidewalk within 35 feet of the entrance of an abortion clinic.

The intent of the law was to prevent harassment or intimidation, but the effect of it was that it essentially prevented anyone from even attempting to talk to people going into the clinics and that is the basis under which the suit was brought. The court overturned to law because it was too broad, but suggested that narrower measures could be taken. Some people having been complaining that the court isn't protecting women, but they're really just going by constitutional law and the ruling isn't much of a shock.
    Faerah
    Which is what they should do.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MephistolesFaerah
  • edited June 2014

The first problem is that there is a sincere lack of understanding about what the Constitution even is, let alone its purpose or the rights within it. It is... Incredibly embarrassing.
    MephistolesAryanneIshinEmelle
  • This is a bit of a sad more than a mad, since my laptop is so old I can't really be mad at it for giving me troubles! I bought my first laptop, my toshiba, back in 2007 when I was in highschool after saving up the money for it because I was tired of the really, really old 1990 windows we'd had for years. (We still have that, btw, and yes, it still works). Computers of any kind seem to have an unexpectedly long life span at our house. I've only had one really big issue with my laptop, and that was when my hard drive was fried from overheating - an apparent common issue with this build. I haven't had any problems like that since, and then came complications with my screen later on. I don't know exactly what is causing it to act up, I've had two different people very familiar and experienced with laptops take it apart and try to investigate. A new screen isn't worth the investment now given the laptop's age, but I can say I've certainly got my money's worth from it. It works fine once I forcibly restart it, but the problem is persisting and becoming more and more regular with start up. I turned it on when I got home this morning from a trip out to the field with my grandfather (it's pea season again, so pickings started!) but when I walked away and came back my screen was er.. well it wasn't pretty. Flashing black and crazy lights - an epileptic's nightmare.

So to safeguard half of my life, I've begun the long process of transferring all of my important documents to my desktop. I'll be looking into getting a new laptop in the near future, until this one is absolutely out of the question. I don't really see the need for replacing something that still gets the job done, and I still have my desktop if it ends up abruptly out of commission. Still, I've had a love-hate relationship with this laptop and I'm going to miss it!
  • All I heard was 'Back in 2007, when I was still in high school '

So cute.

Such a babeh.
    AarbrokOleisFaerahPiper
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Back in 97' when I was in High School, things were still "Da Bomb"
    Piper
  • #firstworldproblems

I got Lebanese food for lunch today after having a fairly crap morning. Very excited, absolutely love it. Ordered hummus and labneh that's mixed with mint and olive oil, etc, hint of citrus to it--absolutely some of my favorite sides from this restaurant to go with my lamb and really, really delicious. Get home, open up the bag: hummus and tabbouleh.

I love tabbouleh, but I just really wanted labneh today.