Short Questions

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    AFFLICTION HUBRIS SHOW Affliction: Hubris. Diagnose: full of overwhelming pride. Cure message: Your ego has shriveled to that of the average mortal. Description: A make-believe anxiety. It causes no effect, but it will prevent you from curing more important things otherwise. Herb: Bellwort. Slice: Castorite. Salve: Nothing. Poultice: Nothing. Smoked: Nothing. Tincture: Nothing. Special: Nothing. SO USEFUL
  • Yeah I'm tracking that. I was genuinely trying to figure out if he was trying to tell you you were wrong or making some other point heh. :P
  • Omei said:

He means that hubris means "prideful" in the English language.

It was a joke!

the aff shown is Hubris but on the help cures concoctions its "overwhelming pride" ,, So wasn't sure what the aff was to correct my tracking
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • I'm new to Aetolia and I just picked up woodcraft as a trade skill. I was trying to create a box with pieces of coral as a design element, but I apparently need to add the components myself and it won't let me add coral. I've seen a coral ring for sale but I'm not sure where to get any or if there is a generalized commodity like 'gemstone' that covers more non-traditional items in design. Please help, thanks!
  • Ianea said:

I'm new to Aetolia and I just picked up woodcraft as a trade skill. I was trying to create a box with pieces of coral as a design element, but I apparently need to add the components myself and it won't let me add coral. I've seen a coral ring for sale but I'm not sure where to get any or if there is a generalized commodity like 'gemstone' that covers more non-traditional items in design. Please help, thanks!

Ask to join the Crafter's clan. Between the people and the projects there, you will have all the information you need. Majority of the time, they are helpful and insightful. If they are not afk.

Riluo
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Ianea: Coral is sold in the makeshift jeweler's tent in the Refugee camp (You will find it by going down in the northwest corner of the Liruma scrublands just off the Ranger's Trail)

You need to have a piece of whatever you want to add in your inventory both when you create the design and when you create the item from the design.

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Teani said:
    @Ianea: Coral is sold in the makeshift jeweler's tent in the Refugee camp (You will find it by going down in the northwest corner of the Liruma scrublands just off the Ranger's Trail) You need to have a piece of whatever you want to add in your inventory both when you create the design and when you create the item from the design.
    Actually, the gem shop in the refugee camp is nowadays in Delve. :/
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    The the project needs to be updated!

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UANa5CKd-PtZioGYBaecHBZa03XdKKMdfH8cXplaP28/edit?usp=sharing

I have put that together, for easier tracking of crafting ingredients. still working on it.
    Teani
  • Anyone know what the mudlet cecho() codes are that correspond to the in-game input system? I'm looking for a dark cyan and a dark green, but there's so many shades of them in showColors().
  • June promo?

Demarcus
  • edited June 2014
    Knick said:

Anyone know what the mudlet cecho() codes are that correspond to the in-game input system? I'm looking for a dark cyan and a dark green, but there's so many shades of them in showColors().

I found it a lot simpler to just create new additions. I use the color_table additions as seen here.
    color_table.a_darkred = {128, 0, 0}
    color_table.a_darkgreen = {0, 179, 0}
    color_table.a_brown = {128, 128, 0}
    color_table.a_darkblue = {0, 0, 128}
    color_table.a_darkmagenta = {128, 0, 128}
    color_table.a_darkcyan = {0, 128, 128}
    color_table.a_grey = {192, 192, 192}
    color_table.a_darkgrey = {128, 128, 128}
    color_table.a_red = {255, 0, 0}
    color_table.a_green = {0, 255, 0}
    color_table.a_yellow = {255, 255, 0}
    color_table.a_blue = {0, 85, 255}
    color_table.a_magenta = {255, 0, 255}
    color_table.a_cyan = {0, 255, 255}
    color_table.a_white = {255, 255, 255}
    With this in place, you can do cecho("Hello") and get the exact same red used in your typical MU*.

i am rapture coder
    Knick
  • Was there a guy, related to Duiran or something, who buys corpses from Salma?
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    you thinking of the ranger who used to buy dolbodi? He no longer does, RP arch that allied the two groups.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I WEPT THAT DAY.
  • edited June 2014
    Jensen said:

you thinking of the ranger who used to buy dolbodi? He no longer does, RP arch that allied the two groups.

Oh ya that's it, I got Dolbodi and Salma mixed up :) Thank you.
  • So in the past like, 1-2 years, has anything changed regarding bashing and getting EXP?

Around when I quit they had just put in the items that restore your willpower and endurance and the way you got to endgame was bash random areas until you can tank Xaanhal, then mostly bashing Xaanhal, using chalice and energy restoring things where you could.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Mints, Book tattoos, Globes of Elemental Energy (expensive, but making bashing fast!) -- it's fairly easy to bash now.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Ishin
  • Tiyen is infinitely better than anywhere else, in terms of gold drop, xp, and difficulty. It's easier to bash than Xaanhal with the exception of cutters, it gives more xp, and much (3x?) better gold drops. Globes are better than even Tiyen, though.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Ylem stuff (orbs and amulets) to give boons to exp gain and damage against mobs too.
  • I see, what and where is Tiyen though (I'm not finding anything with HELP TIYEN) and how do you get a globe? Help globe and help globes didn't bring up anything useful either.
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Try AREAS, it's at the bottom of the list.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Damonicus said:

June promo?

@Damonicus Going to go out on a limb and guess... some sort of artifact piece promotion, or artifact reskin piece promotion. Ala these:

http://www.achaea.com/game/news/Achaea/Announce/4138
    http://www.midkemiaonline.com/game/news/Midkemia/Announce/523
    http://www.imperian.com/game/news/Imperian/Announce/2718
    http://www.lusternia.com/game/news/Lusternia/Announce/2335

Also... ewwwwww, aethergoop.

Don't worry, I'm not obsessing and constantly refreshing the news page, anxiously awaiting to find out what the promo is for June. I swear. It's only like a refresh every few minutes. Maybe a few refreshes every few minutes. Thats it, I swear! And no, I'm not mad/callingout/whatever the awesome Aetolia staff, I know how things can go, Raz being off in a completely different timezone and us having to probably tone down how awesome of a promo we were going to have, etc. I just love finding out what the promos are. For realz.
    Ishin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    You're correct. From the look of things, we have a unique spin on it. I think you guys will like it. Expect it in the next 24 hours!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Demarcus
  • Oleis said:

You're correct. From the look of things, we have a unique spin on it. I think you guys will like it. Expect it in the next 24 hours!

Is it Carnifexfishing?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    That means no more giftbags? :(

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Setne said:

That means no more giftbags? :(

Right.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Oleis said:

Will I need to get my credit card out of my wallet?? That will be the ultimate question...Dun Dun DUN!!

Demarcus
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Oleis said:

Don't we always have a unique spin on it?

Also, I feel awesome for doing recon and being validated. Huzzah! A much needed self-esteem boost!

Haven
  • Sadly, and purely because of Aetolia, I have my card number memorized. You just never know when the wallet might be too far away!
    DemarcusAliceZsadistIshin