Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Ishin said:
    Well, since you're paying attention, @Oleis, maybe you could explain how it works? She synced me, went down, I went down synced to nobody. Different instances. How does it even work? I hear like 50 different things, and honestly, it's really quite frustrating to tell you the truth. I had a similar issue with someone else I tried to take in the other day, except I did go down first(as far as I know) and they did sync me.

Btw @Oleis, you have purrrrdy eyes.
    @Ishin if she syncd to you and she went down before you, She opened up her own instance as yours wasnt opened, Do if you went down and she synced and went down then since you opened up yours she would arrive.

To beat this I normally tell people to go down and I sync to them and follow them.. as
    1, it stops people from jumping you as they think "oh ishin is in HIS and she followed him" (which then it just openes up they own instance and it goes into owned:P) and

2, you both arrive in the same instance since you sent he down first :P

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ishin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    LOLOCH. 

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    More shops would be great. I kinda don't really craft anymore because even with level 3 shelves and research bonus, I've capped out the display limit and my shops are borked and you can't see everything on wares. I rarely bother making new things because if I have to pick what to sell, I'm going to pick the utilitarian, profitable stuff like venoms and enchants, even tho I really like crafting. :(
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I think it would be neat if the market stalls became regular artifact purchases, and you could expand 'rooms' with them and upgrade them and pimp them out. I'd pay. I would still require taxes with them (gotta pay dues to whichever principality you've set up in/merchant/crafting guild needs their slice for your license), but it'd also protect you from losing shops if you go inactive. It'd just close down and you'd have to set everything back up. 
    MoireanIshinMinaraelTeani
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    In regards to the shops thing, it would be nice if market stalls were more common, but I don't think shop availability is the issue. Being able to stock them is what seems to be the problem. For curatives and combat stuff in particular, they can be hard to come by, especially when you're pressed for time. As a shopkeeper, trying to keep fully stocked on curatives is a huge pain since most of the time you'll be selling faster than you can restock due to harvesting limits and the fact that the shop cache can only hold 5000 of each herb or slice, meaning if someone's buying a few hundred or thousand at a time, you'll be sold out before you can even stock up other herbs. It'd be nice if we had access to more than one mercantile skill, or could buy another mercantile skill slot like you could with class slots, though I don't know if it'd help much with merchandise availability.
    DaskalosKerryn
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    If we're talking about pimping shops, I've always wanted to see them as more than 1 room.  I'm guessing it'd be no fun to implement, but it'd be cool if everything you sold was in room and on display and you had to browse like 2-4 rooms to check it all out.  
    Areka
  • edited April 2014
    If you don't think shop availability is a problem, then I am truly baffled at you. I know -at least- half a dozen people who have been trying to get their hands on one for awhile and a lot more who just aren't bothering to try because, really, what's the point. And I don't know that many people, really.

Edit - I'd be TOTALLY down for multi-room shops too. Also it'd be cool if we could add more flavor to shopkeepers. Like being able to have servers that we could set custom messages to. BUY <recipe> FROM <servername> -> Matisse, the saucy barmaid deposits a steaming bowl of reindeer stew to Bob. Small flavor thing, but it would be pretty darned cool. 
    imageimage
    Nola
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    It took me 8 irl months to get one
    The elegant solution is to up the shop count for each city from 20 to 30. Enorian supported 28 for years with no issue, but when you consider orgs want shops, it really does crunch down the total shops available for private players.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

MoireanCiarelleIshin
    For years, I've been begging for a (likely expensive) mod for houses as well - there'd be a hefty cost there, and people could put fun stuff for sale in their houses or pony over cash and build a Delos house. 

Cities would be just fine with 10-15 more shops. I definitely agree with that. Maybe even more. Crafting - and use of crafted items - is such a big deal in Aetolia that half the game could have their own shop and you'd still see a range of wares offered, versus the flooded/repetitive market that the limit is partially there to prevent.
    ArekaMinarael
  • Jensen said:
    It took me 8 irl months to get one
    This practically explains aetolian shops in a nutshell. Increasing the numbers wont fix the issue. The same concept of "shop monopoly" will take place with older, more established, players grabbing at opened shops and refusing to let go for anyone. I have seen players with up to 5 owned shops, 5. Why exactly does one feel the need to deprive an already limited factor by owning so many?

Unless shops were somehow unlimited, I find making any form of cap wont work out.
    DaskalosAreka
    Just because a shop is in someone's name does not mean they own it. At one point in time, I had 6 shops in my name and I only owned -1- of them.

• Daskalos said:
    Just because a shop is in someone's name does not mean they own it. At one point in time, I had 6 shops in my name and I only owned -1- of them.
    Im pretty sure they own them. Generally for others, at least 1 is for their org, but I know that from their public position.
    Areka
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Quite frankly, I don't see increasing the number of shops doing much beyond allowing more people to own one. It doesn't change what people are actually selling... I loathe the idea of browsing through more wedding dresses.

Give me a location with essential basics! ;-;
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    DraimanRiluoDemarcusDourifCalipso
    Just come to my shop up in Spinesr---

OHHHHH. 
    Rivas
    Waiting on that report change to go through then I'm joining Bloodloch!
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
    :(

Ishin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Moirean said:
    Just come to my shop up in Spinesr---

OHHHHH. 
    I just made certain every living curative in plants, casks, AND vials were available in Duir--- wait, nevermind.
    IshinXavinRivas
  • I do all my shopping in Spinesreach, sadly.

That stupid Imp. She's got -all- the goods.
    AryanneAarbrokIshin
    Enorian get your unicorns together!  >:P
    havenbanner2
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I'd like to see more custom forging out there beside that of Areka in Delos.

No forgers on this side of the game?
  • There was a super-long set of posts about how forging is just not worth it atm, and that's why there's no real forgers except the ones who picked up a hammer to help people out.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• If you release more shops into the wild, then that's just more rubbish to have to wade though before giving up and going to one of the same half dozen of so shops I end up at every time.

How are these bad shops even profitable? They should be going broke and then being sold to people that want them.

Ishin
  • I have suggested a solution to that problem (wading through goods) in the shops thread. Go forth and read.
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It really probably is more a matter of policing what we have instead of expanding. If there were suddenly 30 more shops there'd still be new people who wanted them once the new ones got settled into the hands of whoever picked them up. Should probably be keeping an eye on if a shop is stocked like 10 things and never selling anything. Maybe make a drastic mechanic like you can't add gold to the stockroom, can only take it away, so that you have to pay taxes purely from profits. But then you could just buy your own crap to get around it so IDK. blah blah
    I would forge if I could buy a mercantile slot and get it. I like crafting, a lot, and I'd adore making designs - especially, ya know, being a GM of a knight guild....but concoctions is far more profitable AND has more utility (refilling your own stuff mid-bash/fight?) so there's no way I'd pick forging over that. Still. I want that logbook. :(
    PhoeneciaArekaNola
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I have forging, but I only ever forge on request instead of mass producing to sell in shops. Why? Because as much as I love crafting and designing weapons and armor, forged stuff is a pain in the ass to make, and takes a while to produce high-end stuff even with a forging hammer. If I had a Merchant's Logbook, I'd try to get back into selling concoctions stuff, but even that is really annoying to stock considering how often people clear you out, and often before you can even get a chance to stock anything else. And with havesting limits, it makes stocking concoctions super tedious, and I hated every minute of it when I did.
    Kerryn
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    At least I'll take custom orders for darkies, so long as I can sell the design in the shop!

All of the forging!

My big gripe with forging is trying to watch and gauge which designs sell so that there are enough, though my real wish is that I could just stock uncustomized weapons and have an NPC or special annealing basin do the customizations. BUY (item), then WARES DESIGN (item type) then BUY CUSTOMIZATION (item) (design). 
    RiluoErzsebet
    Just saying, if forging suddenly showed up in my AB list in addition to concoctions, I wouldn't complain. I'd throw lessons at it happily. I'd stock stuff! It'd be a service to the darkies!
  • I've been gunning for a shop for a while now, in multiple locations. They don't come open unless you know someone and just -happen- to talk to them at the right time. Rarely. I don't know what would be best for solving this problem, but to touch on both topics, I do know that finding basics is always an issue for my alts who don't happen to have woodcrafting or concoctions.
This discussion has been closed.