Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• edited April 2014
    My html client just crashed completely right when I went to an outnumbered lesser fight. Had zero reflexes, the client got updated without me seeing a notification changing all of the line matching types on my triggers. 

So instead of sitting down to play I died half a dozen times before I realized what was happening and now I need to spend half the night fixing everything so that I can play the game again. 

Then there is the constant lag that has been plaguing everything for weeks now. 

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Irruel What client do you use?
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I'm not sure what's causing you guys to lag. I've fought several times since(clearly, since me and Kheoss went toe to toe in FFA's several times), and I've dusted a couple of people. I don't lag much, if any, unless the weather outside is terrible as hell or thunderstorms or some crazy business.

The sad thing is that I use a 3G mobile hotspot, so uh....you guys are getting beat by a dude on phone internet. Might be time to look at something other than it being the game's fault.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Aishia
  • I think they're talking about the HTML client itself, @Ishin - Mudlet's supposed to be optimized to handle lots of combat spam, and the client may not be quite so polished just yet.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Irruel is just Australian.
    Mudlet's free.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I'm Australian as well and I know mudlet's free. I don't like it. If I did, I'd just use Tripwire which I have. I prefer my own system. If I'm going to stare at something for hours on end I'd like for it to look attractive with nice line spacing, a nice font, nice looking U.I windows and everything else. That's more important than just raw performance and I do fine. I'm not looking for every little edge I can get. 
  • As for the client, it seems to be smoother now. It's 100x better at least since launch with a lot more features. It's not just a nice U.I anymore. Like, I've been playing MUDs for a lot of years, if it was complete ass I'd go back to cMud but I actually like the client quite a bit, I've stuck with it for a reason. I just dislike dying when I feel I shouldn't because everything has gone and collapsed on me. 
  • I'm not talking about server-side lag, or even having a high latency (though that does blow at times).
    I'm running TW on Mudlet. I have found that the vast amount of code Kaeus runs, can overpower mudlet/my machine if the spam is enough. Approximately 1/3 of the problem is the code/events tracking gmcp room items. The other two thirds comes from triggers.

Having said all that...
    Since I got my GUI modifications working, it has become much worse. Which is why I'm raging about it and not posting in a script help section.

I basically need to scrap my GUI, and all the work that went into it. This leaves me with a GUI that is not built for a touchscreen.
  • @Irruel you might have a bad script/coding somewhere as if no other TW users are having the issue then most likely something youve coded is doing it so only thing that can be is bad coding :/
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    edited April 2014
    I made some rather pretty stuff for my system, but according to zugg's devblog it seems like there are certain things that just won't perform well. Transparency, for example, apparently is really hard to make work. (http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=86037&highlight=) Note that is CMUD and from quite a few years ago, so stuff may be different with mudlet.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I lag to all hell in group combat too with TW. I can not explain it either!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Aarbrok
  • Using the PK bounty system to place a bounty on someone for the name of a room in their Haven.

Many lols.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Calipso said:
    Using the PK bounty system to place a bounty on someone for the name of a room in their Haven.

Many lols.
    ...what.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:
    Calipso said:
    Using the PK bounty system to place a bounty on someone for the name of a room in their Haven.

Many lols.
    ...what.
    2014/04/07 21:13:41 - Moirean has put a bounty of 2500 gold on Calipso's head. Reason: According to her haven, she's been looting Spirean treasures. Tsk tsk.

• Haven said:
    Calipso said:

Many lols.
    ...what.
    The City of Spinesreach has placed a bounty on your head for 2500 gold. Reason: According to her haven, she's been looting Spirean treasures. Tsk tsk.

Apparently names are now associated with Open PK status. Quick contact Bloodloch to bounty Haven for having a name that is associated with hope.
    Well, if you have or it's implied that you have a room full of Spirean loot, or that you WILL have one.......
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:
    Well, if you have or it's implied that you have a room full of Spirean loot, or that you WILL have one.......
    Wasnt it Veritas that once said something along the lines of: Saying or claiming you have or will do something -Doesnt- mean that the act has been done and one wont be judged on it.

I recall this famous line from the many times Daskalos would threaten to troll someone to oblivion but no issues would stand up against :).
    Ishin
  • @riluo

Go to a bunch of rooms in a straight line, like the entrance to enorian. In your case, maybe find somewhere else. Tiyen is full of them.

enter this into the command line:
    gallop se;gallop nw
    (or the equivalent for your stretch of rooms)
    Make sure config mapview on, is, well, on.

Hold down the enter key for a few seconds.

Watch what happens to Mudlet.
    @Calipso I guess I should get to issuing for all the times I've talked shit and someone's come and PK'd me for it, then. Not like I didn't deserve it or anything.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • The point has been said, we do not need to go back and forth with this .. Move on and rage about something else please.

Arbre
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited April 2014
    :|

I'm trying not to judge anyone's RP here but c'mon... @both sides
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    edited April 2014
    I'm not very happy that I had to lift that. You basically made that room just to insult an entire city

[ I'm snipping the rest -- O ]
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited April 2014

@Irruel

Lagged to all hell, then crashed after 4 secs :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• edited April 2014
    How did I miss this?
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited April 2014
    Room titles are not an in-character mechanic simply because they show up in farsee.

Calipso's shouting HEY SPINESREACH I STOLE YOUR STUFF would be in-character provocation.

Setting a room title in a personal pocket area like a haven is irritating, but the name itself is within rules and not a communication attempt (which could be interpreted as bypassing of snub).

Let's please not make this a discussion.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    CalipsoHaven
    edited April 2014
    Moirean didn't do stuff wrong in this post. Just quoted two posts I wanted to get rid of.

Arbre is nice enough not to delete posts. I have no such compunctions. Keep it up and everyone takes a forum break.
  • edited April 2014
    Feeling a little guilt over having a important position in game. As I have been extremely busy as of late with work, kid and other things that I have not had the time to dedicate to something like I wanted to. Hopeully very, very soon. I can juggle my schedule a bit better and get the things done I wanted.

I rage at @Oleis' color choice. I am a real sucker for pink, so I can't even be really sulky at the modding. It's just so pretty. :(
    OleisXenia
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    edited April 2014
    Oleis said:
    Arbre is nice enough not to delete posts. I have no such compunctions. Keep it up and everyone takes a forum break.
    So @Oleis deletes -my- post.  AND in the wrong color.  I made a grievous error.
This discussion has been closed.